Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page >

Don Jr.’s Closed-Door Testimony to Senate Intel Committee Leaks to CNN

Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Don Jr.’s Closed-Door Testimony to Senate Intel Committee Leaks to CNN

Old 06-12-2019, 03:35 PM
1%r
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 through '17

Default Don Jr.’s Closed-Door Testimony to Senate Intel Committee Leaks to CNN

HERE WE GO: Don Jr.’s Closed-Door Testimony to Senate Intel Committee Leaks to CNN

Donald Trump Jr. was interviewed by the highly corrupt members of the GOP-led Senate Intelligence Committee Wednesday behind closed doors.

Last month, the GOP-led Senate Intelligence Committee subpoenaed Donald Trump Jr. to answer questions about his prior testimony to Senate investigators related to the Russia investigation.

The Senate Intel Panel has interviewed over 200 witnesses and poured over hundreds of thousands of documents as part of their investigation into whether Trump’s camp colluded with Russia — the investigation started over two years ago in January of 2017.

Don Jr. previously testified to the Committee (for 25 hours) that he was only “peripherally aware” of the plans to build a Trump Tower in Moscow.

RINO Chairman Richard Burr dragged the President’s son in front of the Committee again and a “source” has already leaked portions of Don Jr.’s testimony to CNN.

CNN reported:

Donald Trump Jr. told the Senate Intelligence Committee Wednesday that he did not tell his father about the June 2016 Trump Tower meeting and that he didn’t pay close attention to the Trump Tower Moscow project that was one of many potential deals that had been in the works, according to a source close to Trump Jr.

The source said that Trump Jr. also reiterated that he did not tell anyone ahead of time besides the participants about the Trump Tower meeting where a Russian lawyer offered dirt on Hillary Clinton, telling the panel that he did not know what campaign deputy Rick Gates was talking about after Gates told the special counsel that the President’s eldest son mentioned a potential offer of negative information at a campaign meeting.
In Wednesday’s interview, Trump Jr. told the committee that he would never whisper in his dad’s ear about the meeting, the source said, because if he had wanted to say something he wouldn’t have kept it a secret.

Trump Jr. dismissed that he was extensively briefed by Cohen about the Trump Tower Moscow project, saying that Cohen rarely executed a deal so he had little reason to pay attention to anything he may have been pitching, according to the source

Trump Jr. was also questioned about whether he was aware of former campaign chairman Paul Manafort’s conversations with Russians and Roger Stone’s discussions with WikiLeaks, the source said. The source said that several topics did not come up during Wednesday’s interview included the initial misleading statement crafted on Air Force One about the Trump Tower meeting and the hush money payments Cohen facilitated in the run up to the 2016 election to silence allegations that Trump had affairs with two women.
“The reality was there’s nothing to change,” Don Jr. told reporters after his testimony. “I don’t think I changed anything of what I said because there was nothing to change. I’m glad this is finally over and we’re able to put final clarity on that. And I think the committee understands that.”

The Senate Intel Panel, chaired by RINO Richard Burr (R-NC) is purposely dragging out the Russia investigation and won’t be releasing a final report until the end of summer.

Last edited by 1%r; 06-12-2019 at 03:36 PM.
Old 06-12-2019, 03:38 PM
65Z01
CF Senior Member

Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Fcukin' scum bag RINO garbage need be ousted ASAP.
Old 06-12-2019, 03:57 PM
Walford
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. Get a sealed warrant.

2. Tap all phones/electronic devices and bug all homes, offices, favorite coffee shops, etc, of Jeremy Herb, Manu Raju, and Kara Scannell.

3. Publicly and loudly indict all Senate leakers.

4. Arrest said scumbags at next congressional recess.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:12 PM
RJ-92
CF Senior Member

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Walford View Post
1. Get a sealed warrant.

2. Tap all phones/electronic devices and bug all homes, offices, favorite coffee shops, etc, of Jeremy Herb, Manu Raju, and Kara Scannell.

3. Publicly and loudly indict all Senate leakers.

4. Arrest said scumbags at next congressional recess.

Given the serious leak investigations going on since 2016, I wouldn't doubt if 1 and 2 have or are taking place. 3 and 4 definitely need to happen as well!
Old 06-12-2019, 04:19 PM
X-ZZ4
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by RJ-92 View Post
Given the serious leak investigations going on since 2016, I wouldn't doubt if 1 and 2 have or are taking place. 3 and 4 definitely need to happen as well!
Do ya really think? I mean really???

I see absolutely no concrete action taking place. I have zero confidence anyone will be held accountable.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:42 PM
68/70Vette
CF Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Walford View Post

The phones have been tapped....but by the leakers. Remember when Trump was first elected his conversations with the President of Mexico and the Prime Minister of Australia were leaked to the press!
Just as an aside, the conversation with the Prime Minister got around to Iranian "asylum" seekers on Australia's Christmas Island. Obama had promised to accept them into the US, but Trump angrily reneged on the agreement. Never knew how the worked out.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:00 PM
steve_n_houston
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would be inclined to refuse to testify based on at least the fact that Congress is incapable of keeping anything secret. It would be interesting to see what a court would do in that situation, including because it's not like Congress can deny that any testimony they get will be immediately provided to multiple media outlets.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:09 PM
colo63sw
CF Senior Member

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by 1%r View Post

HERE WE GO: Don Jr.’s Closed-Door Testimony to Senate Intel Committee Leaks to CNN

Donald Trump Jr. was interviewed by the highly corrupt members of the GOP-led Senate Intelligence Committee Wednesday behind closed doors.

Last month, the GOP-led Senate Intelligence Committee subpoenaed Donald Trump Jr. to answer questions about his prior testimony to Senate investigators related to the Russia investigation.

The Senate Intel Panel has interviewed over 200 witnesses and poured over hundreds of thousands of documents as part of their investigation into whether Trump’s camp colluded with Russia — the investigation started over two years ago in January of 2017.

Don Jr. previously testified to the Committee (for 25 hours) that he was only “peripherally aware” of the plans to build a Trump Tower in Moscow.

RINO Chairman Richard Burr dragged the President’s son in front of the Committee again and a “source” has already leaked portions of Don Jr.’s testimony to CNN.

CNN reported:

Donald Trump Jr. told the Senate Intelligence Committee Wednesday that he did not tell his father about the June 2016 Trump Tower meeting and that he didn’t pay close attention to the Trump Tower Moscow project that was one of many potential deals that had been in the works, according to a source close to Trump Jr.

The source said that Trump Jr. also reiterated that he did not tell anyone ahead of time besides the participants about the Trump Tower meeting where a Russian lawyer offered dirt on Hillary Clinton, telling the panel that he did not know what campaign deputy Rick Gates was talking about after Gates told the special counsel that the President’s eldest son mentioned a potential offer of negative information at a campaign meeting.
In Wednesday’s interview, Trump Jr. told the committee that he would never whisper in his dad’s ear about the meeting, the source said, because if he had wanted to say something he wouldn’t have kept it a secret.

Trump Jr. dismissed that he was extensively briefed by Cohen about the Trump Tower Moscow project, saying that Cohen rarely executed a deal so he had little reason to pay attention to anything he may have been pitching, according to the source

Trump Jr. was also questioned about whether he was aware of former campaign chairman Paul Manafort’s conversations with Russians and Roger Stone’s discussions with WikiLeaks, the source said. The source said that several topics did not come up during Wednesday’s interview included the initial misleading statement crafted on Air Force One about the Trump Tower meeting and the hush money payments Cohen facilitated in the run up to the 2016 election to silence allegations that Trump had affairs with two women.
“The reality was there’s nothing to change,” Don Jr. told reporters after his testimony. “I don’t think I changed anything of what I said because there was nothing to change. I’m glad this is finally over and we’re able to put final clarity on that. And I think the committee understands that.”

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/11...eaks-to-cnn%2F

The Senate Intel Panel, chaired by RINO Richard Burr (R-NC) is purposely dragging out the Russia investigation and won’t be releasing a final report until the end of summer.
The bolded in the CNN report is a lie (fake news). the R lawyer did not have dirt on hillory so no dirt was offered or given. It was the go-between that tried to prop up the R lawyer by suggesting the lawyer might have dirt on hillory. The meeting was about Russian adoptions.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:09 PM
BadUmp
CF Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by steve_n_houston View Post
I would be inclined to refuse to testify based on at least the fact that Congress is incapable of keeping anything secret. It would be interesting to see what a court would do in that situation, including because it's not like Congress can deny that any testimony they get will be immediately provided to multiple media outlets.
maybe, tell them that you are currently self-identifying as a Spanish illegal alien; and, therefore not subject to their laws or subpoena's . . .
Old 06-12-2019, 05:12 PM
LFZ
CF Senior Member

Received 276 Likes on 198 Posts

Richard Burr will be done in 2020..........what a ******* scum piece of **** liberal.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:13 PM
Frankie the Fink
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,795 Likes on 2,948 Posts

And they wonder why Trump doesn't want his personal financial info in the hands of Congress; it would all be on the internet before the end of the day it was submitted...
Old 06-12-2019, 05:14 PM
Aerovette
CF Senior Member

Received 220 Likes on 136 Posts

I am shocked to learn that a man in the hotel business wanted to open a hotel. Shocked I tell ya.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:20 PM
TCracingCA
CF Senior Member

Received 308 Likes on 275 Posts

Just the fact that this is the intelligence committee, still is evidence of an active coup! You would think their time would be better served, doing things to safeguard America. Oh, but the Liberals in control think overthrowing Trump is what is good for America.

In my opinion, this leak should be good enough reason to tear that Committee apart. The leaking of a closed door meeting, and to the press. I would appoint Homeland Security to head up the investigation of this.

Last edited by TCracingCA; 06-12-2019 at 05:22 PM.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:39 PM
jasper711
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

They seem intent on asking the same 1000 questions over 100 times, recording all the answers with the hope that someone forgets one detail and then gets charged with lying under oath. Of course such a procedural glitch will prove "collusion" to the typical Democrat.

And embarrassment to decent folks that used to support the democratic party for benevolent reasons.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:50 PM
owebo
CF Senior Member

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '16

Originally Posted by LFZ View Post
Richard Burr will be done in 2020..........what a ******* scum piece of **** liberal.
^^^^^This
Old 06-12-2019, 05:59 PM
Mr D.
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 228 Likes on 211 Posts

Death by a thousand paper cuts is all this is about and will drag on till Nov 2020.
Old 06-12-2019, 06:33 PM
dmaxx3500
CF Senior Member

Received 525 Likes on 401 Posts

AG Barr,should arrest every senator,and water-board em till they squeal
Old 06-12-2019, 07:51 PM
Asdfgh
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 65Z01 View Post
Fcukin' scum bag RINO garbage need be ousted ASAP.
He was just protecting daddy. Why get nasty?
Old 06-12-2019, 07:59 PM
calwldlife
CF Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Asdfgh View Post
He was just protecting daddy. Why get nasty?
good to know you would throw your dad under the bus.

leaks buddy leaks.
you remember when obama wanted whistle blowers?
unless they blew the whistle on obama.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:15 PM
slewfoot1956
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by 1%r View Post

You all are really something. You don't like GOP and can't stand Liberals. WTF are you all good for?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Don Jr.’s Closed-Door Testimony to Senate Intel Committee Leaks to CNN

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: