Notices
Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Yahoo, I may be eligible for Food Stamps! (video)

Old 06-20-2019, 05:46 PM
Tennis & Golf Nut
CF Senior Member

Received 237 Likes on 105 Posts
Default Yahoo, I may be eligible for Food Stamps! (video)

Seriously, I'm going to check into the Shitcago Food Stamp program and see if I qualify.

I'll take anything they give me.

I've never once applied for any Gov't benefits even when I could have received them.

Even if its $200.00 to$300.00 per month it will offset my rising Gasoline Tax here in Shitcago whichs goes up July 1st.

I'll go to my favorite grocery store wearing my Rolex and proudly hand the cashiers the Vouchers or whatever the hell they use.

Going online now to see if I qualify.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/personal...of-food-stamps

"Millionaire receives 'hundreds of dollars' in food stamps"

A Minnesota man collected food stamps, even though he is a millionaire.

Rob Understander will tell his story to congressionalOpens a New Window. lawmakers on Thursday during a hearing on Capitol Hill about food stamps. He aims to draw attention to flaws in the current system.

Understander said he and his wife recently retired and were living off savings while volunteering to help seniors navigate government resources and social programs when he realized he qualified for food stamps.

“At the time my wife and I were recently retired, drawing very little income living off our savings, living very well and I thought to myself, 'would I be eligible for this?'

So I filled out the application and three weeks later I'm getting hundreds of [dollars' worth] of food stamps — I couldn’t believe it,” he told FOX Business’ Stuart Varney on Thursday, adding that he used an “abundance of caution” and complied with the law

According to Understander, in Minnesota, eligibility for the program is based on net income and assets don't apply, and when he testifies before Congress, he intends to reform the food stamp application system so that people like him can longer receive the benefits. However, he did not have success in his own state.

“After I started receiving the benefits I started working with my state representative, Mr. Jeff Howe, in crafting legislation to try to at least reform this in the state of Minnesota.

And unfortunately, it was not well received by the Minnesota legislature,” he explained, adding that there were a “number of reasons” for its lack of acceptance.

“They want people that fall on hard times, they want them to get assistance and immediately, rapidly get back on their feet so they don't have to deplete their savings and they are concerned about the administrative burden of doing the asset testing,” he said.
Old 06-20-2019, 05:53 PM
mrscott25
CF Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts

Will probably make checking out faster. Been to Chicago twice and both times the cashier just gave me a puzzled look when I paid cash instead of with food stamps. They don't see that sort of thing often.
Old 06-20-2019, 06:03 PM
Derrick Reynolds
CF Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15, '17-'18

I used to like to use my EBT card at the liquor store.
Old 06-20-2019, 06:38 PM
Tennis & Golf Nut
CF Senior Member

Received 237 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Derrick Reynolds View Post
I used to like to use my EBT card at the liquor store.
That's why the Liquor stores here all sell bread, milk, and other foods so people can buy booze.

They ring up 40 ounces as a loaf of bread.
Old 06-21-2019, 01:05 PM
Derrick Reynolds
CF Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15, '17-'18

Originally Posted by Tennis & Golf Nut View Post
That's why the Liquor stores here all sell bread, milk, and other foods so people can buy booze.

They ring up 40 ounces as a loaf of bread.
Mine was for UI, so no restrictions on what I could purchase with it, but it was exactly the same looking card that WIC recipients get.
Old 06-21-2019, 01:21 PM
99 Driver
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09,'11

Need to get me a summer palace in Chitcango.

It ended up being a good deal for Lai. Since June 1, 2013, he’s collected more than $100,000 from the CHA, which administers public housing in Chicago for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. The CHA pays him $3,911 a month in federal funds to lease his townhouse to the woman and three others in her household, including a child under the age of 6, records show.

https://www.bettergov.org/news/chica...ousing-divide/
Old 06-21-2019, 01:24 PM
Vitoc
CF Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17

Section 8 of the Housing Act of 1937, often called Section 8, as repeatedly amended, authorizes the payment of rental housing assistance to private landlords on behalf of approximately 4.8 million low-income households

Hmm... that kind of sounds like government benefits.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Yahoo, I may be eligible for Food Stamps! (video)

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: