Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page >

Valedictorian Slams Teachers and Staff in Scathing Graduation Speech

Notices
Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Valedictorian Slams Teachers and Staff in Scathing Graduation Speech

Old 06-21-2019, 11:04 AM
la vett girl
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Valedictorian Slams Teachers and Staff in Scathing Graduation Speech

Old 06-21-2019, 11:11 AM
owebo
CF Senior Member

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '16

Speak up against liberal oppression and incompetence!!!!!
Old 06-21-2019, 11:16 AM
Derrick Reynolds
CF Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15, '17-'18

It sounds like this young lady's high school experience prepared her well for the real world. She will be running into the same difficulties, and possibly many more, throughout her journey in the real world. Who among us has NEVER had to deal with people who aren't focused on their job? People who are "too busy" to do what they are supposed to do, and causing us to have to work harder than we otherwise would have? It should come as no surprise that the Valedictorian has learned these lessons better than most in her class.

I would hope that would make her less of a whiner the next time she runs into a similar situation, which is bound to be quite soon. But apparently not, which is sad. The speech was inappropriate.
Old 06-21-2019, 11:24 AM
steve_n_houston
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Derrick Reynolds View Post
It sounds like this young lady's high school experience prepared her well for the real world. She will be running into the same difficulties, and possibly many more, throughout her journey in the real world. Who among us has NEVER had to deal with people who aren't focused on their job? People who are "too busy" to do what they are supposed to do, and causing us to have to work harder than we otherwise would have? It should come as no surprise that the Valedictorian has learned these lessons better than most in her class.

I would hope that would make her less of a whiner the next time she runs into a similar situation, which is bound to be quite soon. But apparently not, which is sad. The speech was inappropriate.
She's got a few more lessons to learn. Fortunately, all she needs to learn them is a mirror.
Old 06-21-2019, 11:26 AM
Gordon Shumway
CF Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish someone would have had a camera on the reactions from the staff she went after.
Old 06-21-2019, 11:28 AM
BadUmp
CF Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

so, you'd rather these issues be dealt with discreetly behind closed doors, i.e. sweep under a rug. Sounds like this girl attempted to reach out to the proper people when she needed assistance and got none. Good for her to have the fortitude and courage to put the incompetent on notice; and, those who oversee those incompetents. Where do you fit in on her scale . . .
Old 06-21-2019, 11:35 AM
TCracingCA
CF Senior Member

Received 314 Likes on 277 Posts

I guessed California, before looking it up!

San Diego, gay student! Another fine quality individual with zero tolerance, turned out by our fine teaching institutions! But then I thought it was funny and probably true!

Last edited by TCracingCA; 06-21-2019 at 11:36 AM.
Old 06-21-2019, 11:35 AM
la vett girl
CF Senior Member

Exposing the truth is not whining.
Old 06-21-2019, 11:37 AM
Derrick Reynolds
CF Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15, '17-'18

Originally Posted by BadUmp View Post
so, you'd rather these issues be dealt with discreetly behind closed doors, i.e. sweep under a rug. Sounds like this girl attempted to reach out to the proper people when she needed assistance and got none.
Yup, sounds like it.

Good for her to have the fortitude and courage to put the incompetent on notice; and, those who oversee those incompetents.
There are better ways to address it. In fact, in her speech, she found at least one way, reaching out to an Assistant Principal when she was not getting what she needed from administration staff at the school. Apparently after doing that, she got what she needed, and the admin staff's boss was informed of their lack of response/incompetence. If that happened enough, corrective action will be taken. Attempting a public shaming in her Valedictorian address will not resolve anything.

Where do you fit in on her scale . . .
I'm unaware she has a scale. But she sounds like a whiner to me, so I'm sure I don't care.
Old 06-21-2019, 11:44 AM
blaforce
CF Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

so, you'd rather these issues be dealt with discreetly behind closed doors, i.e. sweep under a rug. Sounds like this girl attempted to reach out to the proper people when she needed assistance and got none. Good for her to have the fortitude and courage to put the incompetent on notice; and, those who oversee those incompetents. Where do you fit in on her scale . . .
So wrecking the graduation for others is the appropriate forum to air her grievances against the school? She could have written an editorial for a newspaper afterwards.

This reminds me of the dance recital I attended that had some dumbass inject their left wing politics into the show. Save your opinions for the proper forum. Others don't need to hear it at public events.
Old 06-21-2019, 11:54 AM
BadUmp
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by blaforce View Post
So wrecking the graduation for others is the appropriate forum to air her grievances against the school? She could have written an editorial for a newspaper afterwards.

This reminds me of the dance recital I attended that had some dumbass inject their left wing politics into the show. Save your opinions for the proper forum. Others don't need to hear it at public events.
and, once again, if those she spoke about had done their jobs this would never have been an issue what so ever. But, now it's her fault for bring the issues to light. There are good reasons for whistle blower protection, and I think she basically falls in that category . . .
Old 06-21-2019, 11:57 AM
blaforce
CF Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

and, once again, if those she spoke about had done their jobs this would never have been an issue what so ever. But, now it's her fault for bring the issues to light. There are good reasons for whistle blower protection, and I think she basically falls in that category . . .
Again, wrong forum. She can go on the evening news where the other side of the story can be presented.
Old 06-21-2019, 12:26 PM
BadUmp
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by blaforce View Post
Again, wrong forum. She can go on the evening news where the other side of the story can be presented.
we all get to pick our own poison when the time comes, she knowingly chose hers. I'm good with it, at least she isn't burning our flag or spitting on our military or 1st Responders . . .
Old 06-21-2019, 12:29 PM
TBIRD57
CF Senior Member

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by owebo View Post

Speak up against liberal oppression and incompetence!!!!!
youth is wasted on the young.....could be future OAC in the making

be interesting to see what happened to her by her 10th reunion
Old 06-21-2019, 12:54 PM
RandolphB
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by TBIRD57 View Post
youth is wasted on the young.....could be future OAC in the making

be interesting to see what happened to her by her 10th reunion

Fat. thrice divorced. 4 kids, hates men and is discovering her inner goddess. Maybe she should drive around more a few miles up the road in Temecula and meet a nice Dreamer to change her life.
Old 06-21-2019, 01:09 PM
CJ Willys
CF Senior Member

Received 89 Likes on 57 Posts

noted ...
Old 06-21-2019, 01:13 PM
pewter99
Admin
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 566 Likes on 373 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

more whiners in this thread than at that podium...
Old 06-21-2019, 01:51 PM
69L46
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
2015 C3 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-19

I think they'll be 'proofreading' the valedictorian's speech from now on.
Old 06-21-2019, 04:04 PM
65Z01
CF Senior Member

Received 158 Likes on 150 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Well done in calling out the worthless incompetents that tax-payers are funding, since the fcukin' school admin was too incompetent to take care of situations before they became issues, i.e. to do their damn jobs.
Old 06-21-2019, 04:14 PM
WICKEDFRC
CF Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 315 Posts

This.

Regardless of your personal experiences, do not focus on the negative for a once in a lifetime opportunity to reflect upon yourself as well as the student body.

I had a Commander in the military who knew I despised him and other weak leaders. When I was preparing to give a Graduation Speech, this arrogant ***** literally approached me before walking out and said "Don't plug us!" I looked at him and firmly said "Despite any differences, Sir, I am a professional. My speech honors the Soldiers, not you."

What a dick.

Just like this woman. A real POS.

I am not so sure I could have sat there in idle while she utilized this platform to blast the school administration, regardless of what her personal experiences were.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Valedictorian Slams Teachers and Staff in Scathing Graduation Speech

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: