Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page >

IG Horowitz Investigators Interviewed Chris Steele June 3rd – 5th, 16 Hour Session….

Notices
Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

IG Horowitz Investigators Interviewed Chris Steele June 3rd – 5th, 16 Hour Session….

Old 07-09-2019, 05:37 PM
1%r
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 through '17

Default IG Horowitz Investigators Interviewed Chris Steele June 3rd – 5th, 16 Hour Session….

Comey FBI apologist, Fusion GPS co-conspirator and Lawfare Alliance media narrative engineer, Natasha Bertrand, has an outline published today on the background interview of dossier author Christopher Steele.

From within the article, beyond the sympathetic propaganda, some overarching details are interesting:

♦(1) As expected Mr. Steele would only talk to OIG investigators from Horowitz’s office; Steele would not speak to speak to U.S. Attorney John Durham.

♦(2) The interview took place at the same time President Trump traveled to the U.K (June 3rd-5th) for a state visit. Likely coordinated so FBI officials could travel innocuously without media scrutiny (lots of security officials traveled on behalf of U.S. interests at the time); likely the preferred timing of Steele himself.

♦(3) The interview(s) took place over two days for a total of sixteen hours of conversation. The recent reports of IG delay and follow-up interviews are almost certainly related to the outcome of the investigative findings (ie. Kathleen Kavalec cooperation etc.).

♦(4) Current officials within the DOJ/FBI; with obvious interests related to the corrupt activity surrounding the FBI and DOJ use of Steele (ie. McCabe and Comey apologists); are leaking the content of the investigative interviews to their notorious Lawfare Alliance media cohorts, ie. Natasha Bertrand.

WASHINGTON DC – Christopher Steele, the former British spy behind the infamous “dossier” on President Donald Trump’s ties to Russia, was interviewed for 16 hours in June by the Justice Department’s internal watchdog, according to two people familiar with the matter.

The interview is part of an ongoing investigation that the Justice Department’s inspector general, Michael Horowitz, has been conducting for the past year. Specifically, Horowitz has been examining the FBI’s efforts to surveil a one-time Trump campaign adviser based in part on information from Steele, an ex-British MI6 agent who had worked with the bureau as a confidential source since 2010.

The extensive, two-day interview took place in London while Trump was in Britain for a state visit, the sources said, and delved into Steele’s extensive work on Russian interference efforts globally, his intelligence-collection methods and his findings about Trump campaign adviser Carter Page, who the FBI ultimately surveilled. The FBI’s decision to seek a surveillance warrant against Page — a warrant they applied for and obtained after Page had already left the campaign — is the chief focus of the probe by Horowitz.

The interview was contentious at first, the sources added, but investigators ultimately found Steele’s testimony credible and even surprising. The takeaway has irked some U.S. officials interviewed as part of the probe — they argue that it shouldn’t have taken a foreign national to convince the inspector general that the FBI acted properly in 2016. Steele’s American lawyer was present for the conversation. (read more)

Steele’s American lawyer is likely Adam Waldman (far left), the same U.S. lawyer/lobbyist who was working to put Steele in touch with SSCI Vice-Chairman Mark Warner in 2017.

Attorney Waldman has interests in alignment with the Lawfare network and direct connection to Daniel Jones, Dianne Feinstein’s former chief-of-staff who also took millions from resistance operatives (more Lawfare and Fusion-GPS allies) to continue funding Steele’s work afer the Trump inauguration.

Attorney Adam Waldman was also the lawyer representing Oleg Deripaska (pictured above on right); who we now know was paying Christopher Steele for research in 2016 while Steele was writing the dossier.

It’s one big convoluted network of allied interests, mixed with current and former DOJ and FBI officials who have a self-interest in hiding their illicit behavior. Almost all of the people within this network have ideological allies in the media, and depending on the subject issue at hand they are described in relative terms:

“Beach friends” (Christine Blasey Ford); “Lawfare Alliance” (Benjamin Wittes et al); FBI Washington Field Office and Main Justice officials are all part of this group and were also the officials within the Mueller probe. This network is all the same people, running in the same circles, meeting at the same parties, vacationing in the same areas and leaking to the same primary media contacts to project their narrative and defend their interests.

The article in Politico by Natasha Bertrand is a singular example. Quite simply this entire network is confident in their outlook that all of their behavior operates above the law.

Unfortunately, if the tone of the article is generally their position, it would appear they feel remarkably confident the investigation by IG Horowitz is nothing to fear. This overall outlook is bolstered by the historic track record of the OIG with regard to the two most recent investigative summaries: (1) Andrew McCabe leaking to media, and (2) DOJ and FBI conduct in the Hillary Clinton investigation.

In October 2016, Main Justic and the FBI needed the Steele dossier to get the FISA warrant. They needed the 2016 FISA warrant to cover-up for all of the unauthorized and illegal surveillance activity that was already underway throughout 2016.

The Russian election interference narrative; the use of Joseph Mifsud, Stefan Halper, the London and Australian embassy personnel; Erika Thompson, Alexander Downer, U.S. DIA officials; everything around Crossfire Hurricane; and everything after to include the construct of the Steele Dossier; all of it was needed for the creation of an ‘after-the-fact‘ plausible justification to cover-up what Mike Rogers discovered in early 2016, AND the downstream unmasked records that existed in the Obama White House SCIF.

Fusion GPS was not hired in April 2016 to research Donald Trump. The intelligence community was already doing surveillance and spy operations. They already knew everything about the Trump campaign.

The Obama intelligence community needed Fusion GPS to give them a justification for pre-existing surveillance operations. Fusion fulfilled that objective by contracting for the Steele Dossier.

That’s why the FBI, and later the Mueller team, were/are so strongly committed to, and defending, the formation of the Steele Dossier and its dubious content. Once they had the dossier in hand the FBI proceeded forward for an ex post facto FISA warrant.

The goal was surveillance authority.

The FBI used the Carter Page FISA application. The FBI already knew Carter Page; essentially Carter Page was irrelevant, what they needed was the dossier in the system, and the FISA authority as justification to execute the “insurance policy”.

Last edited by 1%r; 07-09-2019 at 05:38 PM.
Old 07-09-2019, 05:42 PM
KenHorse
Democrats = Communists
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Aurora, OR by way of Maui, HI. I have the heart of a Progressive - I keep it in a jar on my desk
Received 1,277 Likes on 811 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

I'm rapidly approaching the point that others have expressed.

I'm ******* sick and tired of NOTHING EVER COMING OUT OF ALL THESE REVELATIONS.

3 years of drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip and NOTHING ever comes of it

(not blaming you but man, is anything EVER going to happen to these *******?)
Old 07-09-2019, 07:43 PM
dbdave
CF Senior Member

Received 106 Likes on 82 Posts

With all of these people so intertwined in their professional and personal lives, who's left to prosecute them or testify against them? They have developed the perfect cover and, of course, nothing will, or can, happen.
Old 07-09-2019, 07:46 PM
calwldlife
CF Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 76 Posts

good.
things move slow.
wouldn't hurt to stretch it until 2020 election time.
going to be interesting.
fingers crossed.
Old 07-09-2019, 08:34 PM
ifitgoesfast
CF Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by KenHorse View Post

You said nothing would happen.

Has nothing happened?
Old 07-09-2019, 08:35 PM
KenHorse
Democrats = Communists
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Aurora, OR by way of Maui, HI. I have the heart of a Progressive - I keep it in a jar on my desk
Received 1,277 Likes on 811 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by ifitgoesfast View Post

Has nothing happened?
Nothing being "members of the Cabal not actually being held accountable"

Last edited by KenHorse; 07-09-2019 at 08:36 PM.
Old 07-10-2019, 06:48 AM
krackenvette
CF Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 15 Posts

Interesting the media isnt letting this out.. This tells me, as many of you, the media is scared..
I am sure I will never see a conviction of anyone in this or any DOJ investigation into Clinton, Comey, Obama or anyone slightly related.
But, I would have a great respect for the DOJ if they really went after someone and go them to court.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:28 AM
CRUSHAH
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This Kabuki will be dragged out until Trump leaves the WH, then all will go home.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:46 AM
ChefMark
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Has nothing happened?
Exactly, We hear all this information about bomb shell news that will shake the foundation of the Trump Investigation.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:02 AM
ifitgoesfast
CF Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

I recall you and a group a year or so ago saying nothing at all would happen to them. To begin, we got at least one to flip on them, brass, possibly conspirators, Rosenstein, Comey, McCabe and others lost their jobs, Mueller got discredited, and with the help of Judicial Watch, the population is beginning to see what happened. The corrupt part of the Deep State apparatus is being dismantled from the top down. Heck, even Frankie now concedes there is a Deep State. And many may be going to prison according to Barr via Durham. I would not call that nothing.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:16 PM
dbdave
CF Senior Member

Received 106 Likes on 82 Posts

I recall you and a group a year or so ago saying nothing at all would happen to them. To begin, we got at least one to flip on them, brass, possibly conspirators, Rosenstein, Comey, McCabe and others lost their jobs, Mueller got discredited, and with the help of Judicial Watch, the population is beginning to see what happened. The corrupt part of the Deep State apparatus is being dismantled from the top down. Heck, even Frankie now concedes there is a Deep State. And many may be going to prison according to Barr via Durham. I would not call that nothing.
The key words here are 'may be'. Until that changes to 'are', nothing is happening. The people mentioned all are either still working for the gov or are/will be enjoying their retirement paid for by us. I'd much rather be paying for their meals in jail.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: IG Horowitz Investigators Interviewed Chris Steele June 3rd – 5th, 16 Hour Session….

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: