Notices
Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

SacreMENTALo passed a law....

Old 07-10-2019, 04:24 PM
theandies
CF Senior Member

Location: "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
Received 313 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Walford View Post
Not quite so bad as that.

https://jalopnik.com/sacramento-coun...own-1836085130

You can do "minor repairs" like brake and oil changes and tune-ups, but you can't work on somebody else's car on your property (or your car at a friend's house) and you can't do repairs outside a garage if it means the car will he immobile for more than 24 hours.

No major repairs at all, to include paint & body work.
And that's living in a "free" society? **** Commifornia.
Old 07-10-2019, 04:26 PM
Snoopysvet
CF Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

5. Why is Code Enforcement Concerned About Residential Automotive Repair?
The chemicals involved in major automobile repair can pollute our neighborhoods and endanger the health and wellbeing of our residents. Furthermore, this kind of activity increases vehicle traffic and the visual impact can negatively impact property values.​
Old 07-10-2019, 04:26 PM
67tripwr
CF Senior Member

Location: Bringing The Liberal Hypocrisy To Light, Tolerance Has Become Intolerable
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a giant gestapo hoa to me

**** all that!
Old 07-10-2019, 04:28 PM
Snoopysvet
CF Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

And that would seem fair, except for the fact that what follows is a bit confusing. It goes on to say that it is unlawful for any person to engage in, or permit others to engage in, minor vehicle repair or maintenance in any agricultural, agricultural-residential, residential, interim estate and interim residential zones under any of the following circumstances:

- Using tools not normally found in a residence;
- Conducted on vehicles registered to persons, not currently residing on the lot or parcel;
- Conducted outside a fully enclosed garage and resulting in any vehicle being inoperable for a period in excess of twenty-four hours.
Old 07-10-2019, 04:32 PM
IMBoring25
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by colo63sw View Post
Not all neighbors are the same. Would you like to live next door to someone that is pounding out fender dents, painting cars in the drive way, and using pneumatic tools all day? There's freedom, and then there's someone running an industrial business out of their home.
There should be existing enforceable regs in both the city ordinances and any applicable HOA covenants dealing generally with activities that generate objectionable odors, noise, or traffic counts not commensurate with those expected of a residential lot. People should have chosen their residences to be either covered or exempted from restrictions on those types of activities and those should be adequate to address neighborhood objections to maintenance activities.

The only reason to need to be this specific would be a targeted vendetta or a legislator wanting to brag about a measure they ramrodded through to get NIMBY votes next cycle. Seems like it might open the city up for damages claims from residents who chose the city because it didn't restrict these activities.
Old 07-10-2019, 04:40 PM
IMBoring25
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Snoopysvet View Post
5. Why is Code Enforcement Concerned About Residential Automotive Repair?

The chemicals involved in major automobile repair can pollute our neighborhoods and endanger the health and wellbeing of our residents. Furthermore, this kind of activity increases vehicle traffic and the visual impact can negatively impact property values.​
Figured in commiefornia the environmental angle figured into it. Also already illegal to improperly dispose of fluids.
Old 07-10-2019, 04:44 PM
X-ZZ4
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

UnFuckingBelievable. So ******* glad I'm out of that shithole.

I can't work on my own car on my own property, but I have to pay for healthcare costs for the 20 person illegal alien extended family living next door (and pay for my own as well).

I experienced the "20 person illegal alien extended family living next door" part first hand when I was still there.

And as to this......

The chemicals involved in major automobile repair can pollute our neighborhoods and endanger the health and wellbeing of our residents. Furthermore, this kind of activity increases vehicle traffic and the visual impact can negatively impact property values.
It isn't me running my air compressor in my garage that brings properly values down.....it's the ******* 20 person illegal alien family that parks all their cars in the front lawn that does that.

**** all of you idiots still in California who put up with this ****.

Last edited by X-ZZ4; 07-10-2019 at 04:49 PM.
Old 07-10-2019, 04:48 PM
Vitoc
CF Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by X-ZZ4 View Post
UnFuckingBelievable. So ******* glad I'm out of that shithole.

I can't work on my own car on my own property, but I have to pay for healthcare costs for the 20 person illegal alien extended family living next door (and pay for my own as well).

**** all of you idiots still in California who put up with this ****.
Paging Tri-Tip.
Old 07-10-2019, 04:52 PM
BadUmp
CF Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Not all neighbors are the same. Would you like to live next door to someone that is pounding out fender dents, painting cars in the drive way, and using pneumatic tools all day? There's freedom, and then there's someone running an industrial business out of their home.
this will head to the high courts, and undoubtedly be overturned. Next will be a group of people playing musical instruments in your home, or the sewing club meeting at each others houses, etc . . .
Old 07-10-2019, 05:03 PM
Black 'n Blue
CF Senior Member

Racist law that will impact illegals more than anyone else since they can't afford to take their cars to a shop.
Old 07-10-2019, 05:27 PM
Mr D.
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 228 Likes on 211 Posts

Oh snap, how are the poor black people going to get their car fixed.
Old 07-10-2019, 06:48 PM
centuryoldracer
CF Senior Member

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts

And yet you can own some yappy little dog the is penned up under your neighbors window barking incessantly, and that's perfectly OK
Old 07-10-2019, 06:58 PM
Over9K
CF Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Why do Democrats HATE the poor so much?
Old 07-10-2019, 07:05 PM
Tri-Tip
CF Senior Member

OP mislead by not stating that this is a Sacramento COUNTY law, not a law that Sacramento passed on behalf of the entire state of California.

I'm all for it, don't need to have people running mechanics shops out of their garages and front yards.

A few streets away from me there is a house with a travel trailer parked out front with a extension cord and water hose running to it and up on blocks, 4 pickup trucks (one parked on the grass). When I drove past, I thought I was in Idaho.
Old 07-10-2019, 07:07 PM
steve_n_houston
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tri-Tip View Post
OP mislead by not stating that this is a Sacramento COUNTY law, not a law that Sacramento passed on behalf of the entire state of California.

I'm all for it, don't need to have people running mechanics shops out of their garages and front yards.

A few streets away from me there is a house with a travel trailer parked out front with a extension cord and water hose running to it and up on blocks, 4 pickup trucks (one parked on the grass). When I drove past, I thought I was in Idaho.
Not surprising that leftist's applaud totalitarian governments.
Old 07-10-2019, 07:08 PM
Tri-Tip
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by steve_n_houston View Post
I'd like to be able to use the property I paid for for whatever purpose I want, particularly if I purchased said property with no nanny-state restrictions.

If you need the comfort of an HOA-style boot on your neck, by all means, purchase property that's subject to the whims of others.
Zoning laws are there for a reason. Maybe someone will buy the lot next door to you and open a recycling yard, I'm sure you wouldn't be happy about that.
Old 07-10-2019, 07:11 PM
Tri-Tip
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by steve_n_houston View Post
Not surprising that leftist's applaud totalitarian governments.
I don't care about someone doing minor car repairs in their driveway, but if someone wants to be a mechanic and work on other cars, let them buy or rent a place that is zoned for such things, and not do it in a RESIDENTIAL neighborhood.
Old 07-10-2019, 07:12 PM
Over9K
CF Senior Member

I'm sure whoever is living in that camper is totally documented... completely, fully, and wholly a citizen... no doubt about it.
Old 07-10-2019, 07:14 PM
Over9K
CF Senior Member

Zoning laws are there for a reason. Maybe someone will buy the lot next door to you and open a recycling yard, I'm sure you wouldn't be happy about that.
So what you're saying, is that there are already laws covering this, and the Sacto ******** were just wasting their time and your tax dollars again? No ******' way...
Old 07-10-2019, 07:21 PM
AmericanPie
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tikiman View Post
Cicero warned us that the more laws a nation has, the less justice there will be.
Lao Tze: "The more laws are enacted, the more criminals are produced."

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SacreMENTALo passed a law....

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: