Notices
Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Would you speak your mind to a Cop?

Old 07-10-2019, 04:48 PM
CBMZR1
CF Senior Member

Received 672 Likes on 543 Posts

OMFG and you're Black!!! you should play the lotto.... Hey, the drawing is tonight!!

Lemme guess.... Frisco...? Allen? Or was it Ray in Plano... lmao

Originally Posted by Millenium Z06 View Post
This.
Keep your mouth shut and go to court. Had an *** cop lie about a traffic infraction. He wrote me a ticket, I laughed and said OK. "Whats so funny? You'll see in 45 days. Met in pretrial, my video proved he lied, got a letter dismissing the ticket due to "lack of evidence and/or officer no longer with the dept"
Old 07-10-2019, 04:55 PM
X-ZZ4
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by BadUmp View Post
there's a real good chance that if you're not an ******* to start the pen will probably not come out at all. Just try being civil . . .
Chance? Probably?

Those aren't comforting words when dealing with power hungry ******** who can take your freedom and your money.

Perhaps some of you haven't experienced aggressive cops or questionable charges first hand.
Old 07-10-2019, 04:56 PM
Roothog69
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have the right to remain silent just not the ability.
Old 07-10-2019, 04:57 PM
Millenium Z06
CF Senior Member

Received 154 Likes on 136 Posts

details, the proof is in the details . . .

He said I went straight in a LEFT turn only lane and that he had it on video. So did I.

Last edited by Millenium Z06; 07-10-2019 at 05:01 PM.
Old 07-10-2019, 05:00 PM
Millenium Z06
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by CBMZR1 View Post
OMFG and you're Black!!! you should play the lotto.... Hey, the drawing is tonight!!

Lemme guess.... Frisco...? Allen? Or was it Ray in Plano... lmao
I am?!! *****, why didn't you tell me..

No, The Colony; you know how they are, I think you could end up in jail in The Colony.
I think Ray TRIED to stop me one day when I was doing a test hit on SRT..... He turned his lights on and said stop, I was like braapp, braapp

Last edited by Millenium Z06; 07-10-2019 at 05:05 PM.
Old 07-10-2019, 05:00 PM
BadUmp
CF Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by X-ZZ4 View Post
Chance? Probably?

Those aren't comforting words when dealing with power hungry ******** who can take your freedom and your money.

Perhaps some of you haven't experienced aggressive cops or questionable charges first hand.
odd, leo's many times feel the same way towards assertive, aggressive, mouthy douchebags who can't listen to simple instructions . . .
Old 07-10-2019, 05:03 PM
YogsVR4
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12
'12 GOP Primary Winner - St. Jude Donation

I'm not a fan of being pulled over, but if I am (rarely) I sure as hell don't give any attitude. I follow their directions and answer their questions without offering any extra bullshit. No tickets and no stop lasting more than ten minutes. There are bigger battles to be fought than with a cop doing his job (even if they are an *******)
Old 07-10-2019, 05:11 PM
Aerovette
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 236 Likes on 142 Posts

On two occasions when I was about to receive a bullshit ticket, I made it abundantly clear that I felt it was a bullshit ticket.

At the same time, I know the hundreds of times I didn't get a ticket so it balances out.
Old 07-10-2019, 05:11 PM
KenHorse
Democrats = Communists
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Aurora, OR by way of Maui, HI. I have the heart of a Progressive - I keep it in a jar on my desk
Received 1,273 Likes on 808 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Man, guess I lived a charmed life 'cause I have NEVER experienced an overzealous (i.e. "*******") cop during a traffic stop. Then again, I've never acted like an ******* during one either. Go figure

I just gotta laugh when I see a video - or LivePD - where a driver who's been pulled over is absolutely belligerent or not following instructions or is argumentative, etc. My favorites are the ****-for-brains who claim sovereignty and therefore not subject to US law

Last edited by KenHorse; 07-10-2019 at 05:12 PM.
Old 07-10-2019, 05:21 PM
BadUmp
CF Senior Member

He said I went straight in a LEFT turn only lane and that he had it on video. So did I.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvbNtSmwIJw
that would have probably been a conviction in our local court; since, it appears that at the 18 second mark you moved from the straight through lane into the left turn only lane; You could possibly have also failed to yield the right of way to traffic in that lane. The straight through lane would not start until you had passed the concrete corner with that light pole on it, (that's my take of the move). I would venture a guess that the officers camera may have shown an absence of traffic in that lane and they cut you some slack. Just a guess . . .
Old 07-10-2019, 05:24 PM
CBMZR1
CF Senior Member

Was he in his Police Tahoe? Or the undercover Taurus...?

either way he was getting his *** handed to him from your C5Z.... lmao

Oh yeah, the Colony... those LEO's hide up in trees and ****...

I am?!! *****, why didn't you tell me..

No, The Colony; you know how they are, I think you could end up in jail in The Colony.
I think Ray TRIED to stop me one day when I was doing a test hit on SRT..... He turned his lights on and said stop, I was like braapp, braapp
Old 07-10-2019, 05:24 PM
steve_n_houston
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

odd, leo's many times feel the same way towards assertive, aggressive, mouthy douchebags who can't listen to simple instructions . . .
That highlights the difference, doesn't it?

If the guy on one side is an assertive, aggressive, mouthy douchebag he gets a litany of tickets including perhaps some with questionable factual support.

If the other guy is an assertive, aggressive, mouthy douchebag he gets to collect a paycheck on the taxpayer's dime and the first guy still gets a litany of tickets including perhaps some with questionable factual support.
Old 07-10-2019, 05:27 PM
CBMZR1
CF Senior Member

Did you not read my previous post that Millenium is BLACK...? a BLACK man in a Corvette driving erratically….?

According to MSM ALL Black men in traffic stops are beat to an inch of their lives and locked up forever...

that would have probably been a conviction in our local court; since, it appears that at the 18 second mark you moved from the straight through lane into the left turn only lane; You could possibly have also failed to yield the right of way to traffic in that lane. The straight through lane would not start until you had passed the concrete corner with that light pole on it, (that's my take of the move). I would venture a guess that the officers camera may have shown an absence of traffic in that lane and they cut you some slack. Just a guess . . .
Old 07-10-2019, 05:30 PM
Quietbreaker
CF Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

My method is simple. I pull over, all windows go down, car gets shut off, interior light comes on if it's dark, I lay my key on the dash, and keep both my hands on the wheel. I remain calm, respectful, and polite. I have had multiple instances where the officer came to my window clearly in a bad mood or with that "look" like he was about to be confrontational, and this method has diffused the situation every time. I've gotten a ton more warnings than I've ever gotten tickets.

Watch the news, of course police are going to be on edge when they walk up to your car. It's my job to keep cool, let the officer do their job, and then move out. It's NOT my job to disagree, fight, argue, or cause a scene. The side of the road isn't the place for that, and 100% of the time, the citizen being stopped is ultimately the loser in such a situation. So no, I damn sure won't ever "speak my mind" to an officer on the side of the road. If I feel he's in the wrong, then I'll lawyer up and take it to court, simple as that. Cops have a lot of discretion at their disposal, and I see it as my job to try my best to get them to use some of it on me in my favor. Does it always work? No, sometimes it hasn't. On two occasions, I got lectured like I was some school kid about speeding is dangerous this, I could have killed someone that (on an empty highway at 1AM? Heh, sure thing, Officer). I kept my eyes down, nodded at the appropriate parts, kept a humble look on my face, and both times the guy got whatever it was out of his system, and then let me off with a warning. As a man, sure it pissed me right the **** off to get lectured, but again: not the time or place. You swallow it, and then you leave. The math is pretty simple here.

Last edited by Quietbreaker; 07-10-2019 at 05:31 PM.
Old 07-10-2019, 05:33 PM
Mr D.
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 228 Likes on 211 Posts

I'm a 61 year old white guy who other than a couple speeding tickets have had zero contact with law enforcement. I really don't understand why it's so hard for people to just not put themselves in that situation.
Old 07-10-2019, 05:36 PM
Millenium Z06
CF Senior Member

In the video, you can clearly see no one in the left lane. I merged into the left lane after the center of the intersectionat which point there is no left turn lane which technically according to the state of Texas and at the intersection stripe the runs perpendicular to the street designating the start of the intersection and the end of the turn lane.
I would have had to be in that actual Left Lane and go straight for his ticket to be valid. the DA conceded that also. They also then tried to change the ticket to changing lanes in an intersection however that's not illegal in the state of Texas.

Also, the officers original claim and notation on the ticket was that I was in the left lane start to finish

Last edited by Millenium Z06; 07-10-2019 at 05:38 PM.
Old 07-10-2019, 05:40 PM
Millenium Z06
CF Senior Member

Was he in his Police Tahoe? Or the undercover Taurus...?

either way he was getting his *** handed to him from your C5Z.... lmao

Oh yeah, the Colony... those LEO's hide up in trees and ****...
This fine individual was in a PPD Tahoe....In Mexico
Old 07-10-2019, 05:48 PM
Millenium Z06
CF Senior Member

Did you not read my previous post that Millenium is BLACK...? a BLACK man in a Corvette driving erratically….?

According to MSM ALL Black men in traffic stops are beat to an inch of their lives and locked up forever...
He actually did beat me, for good 15 to 20 minutes. I let him tire himself out, signed the ticket and told him thank you have a good day. He gave me that puzzled German Shepherd look
Old 07-10-2019, 05:58 PM
KenHorse
Democrats = Communists
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Aurora, OR by way of Maui, HI. I have the heart of a Progressive - I keep it in a jar on my desk
Received 1,273 Likes on 808 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by Quietbreaker View Post
My method is simple. I pull over, all windows go down, car gets shut off, interior light comes on if it's dark, I lay my key on the dash, and keep both my hands on the wheel. I remain calm, respectful, and polite. I have had multiple instances where the officer came to my window clearly in a bad mood or with that "look" like he was about to be confrontational, and this method has diffused the situation every time. I've gotten a ton more warnings than I've ever gotten tickets.

Watch the news, of course police are going to be on edge when they walk up to your car. It's my job to keep cool, let the officer do their job, and then move out. It's NOT my job to disagree, fight, argue, or cause a scene. The side of the road isn't the place for that, and 100% of the time, the citizen being stopped is ultimately the loser in such a situation. So no, I damn sure won't ever "speak my mind" to an officer on the side of the road. If I feel he's in the wrong, then I'll lawyer up and take it to court, simple as that. Cops have a lot of discretion at their disposal, and I see it as my job to try my best to get them to use some of it on me in my favor. Does it always work? No, sometimes it hasn't. On two occasions, I got lectured like I was some school kid about speeding is dangerous this, I could have killed someone that (on an empty highway at 1AM? Heh, sure thing, Officer). I kept my eyes down, nodded at the appropriate parts, kept a humble look on my face, and both times the guy got whatever it was out of his system, and then let me off with a warning. As a man, sure it pissed me right the **** off to get lectured, but again: not the time or place. You swallow it, and then you leave. The math is pretty simple here.
Rule #1.. NEVER argue with a cop during traffic stop. Save any arguments for the court as you'll lose every time during the stop
Old 07-10-2019, 06:04 PM
BadUmp
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by steve_n_houston View Post
That highlights the difference, doesn't it?

If the guy on one side is an assertive, aggressive, mouthy douchebag he gets a litany of tickets including perhaps some with questionable factual support.

If the other guy is an assertive, aggressive, mouthy douchebag he gets to collect a paycheck on the taxpayer's dime and the first guy still gets a litany of tickets including perhaps some with questionable factual support.
oh stop being a whiney little brat, you know darn well that it all comes down to who started being the *** first . . .

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Would you speak your mind to a Cop?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: