Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page >

Trump Expected to Sign Executive Action Regarding Census Citizenship Question

Notices
Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Trump Expected to Sign Executive Action Regarding Census Citizenship Question

 
Old 07-11-2019, 06:19 PM
  #21  
Jon Hekking
CF Senior Member
 
Jon Hekking's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2007
Location: Salt Lake City Utah
Posts: 10,198
Received 89 Likes on 53 Posts
Default

Candidate Trump attacked Obama's executive orders. President Trump loves executive orders.

As he campaigned for the presidency, Donald Trump argued that Barack Obama’s frequent use of unilateral administrative tools made Obama a weak leader. “We have a president that can’t get anything done,” Trump told an interviewer in January 2016, “so he just keeps signing executive orders all over the place.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.8f8d561ab047
Jon Hekking is online now  
Old 07-11-2019, 06:21 PM
  #22  
owebo
CF Senior Member
 
owebo's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2006
Location: Washigton, DC
Posts: 113,137
Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '16
Default

Originally Posted by 6spdC6 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but did not obunghole take it out by EO? It was in there a long time before it was removed!


Course anything a POS democrap wants to do is perfectly OK.
No. Obama moved the census under the executive. It is the executives prerogative what questions are or are not on the census now....
owebo is online now  
Old 07-11-2019, 06:23 PM
  #23  
KenHorse
Democrats = Communists
Support Corvetteforum!
 
KenHorse's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2007
Location: Aurora, OR by way of Maui, HI. I have the heart of a Progressive - I keep it in a jar on my desk
Posts: 106,065
Received 1,273 Likes on 808 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18
Default

Originally Posted by Jon Hekking View Post
Candidate Trump attacked Obama's executive orders. President Trump loves executive orders.

As he campaigned for the presidency, Donald Trump argued that Barack Obama’s frequent use of unilateral administrative tools made Obama a weak leader. “We have a president that can’t get anything done,” Trump told an interviewer in January 2016, “so he just keeps signing executive orders all over the place.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.8f8d561ab047
Obama issued EO that violated established legislation (DACA is just one example).

Trump has done no such thing.

Get a clue
KenHorse is online now  
Old 07-11-2019, 06:25 PM
  #24  
Red99SS
CF Senior Member
 
Red99SS's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2005
Location: Monmouth County NJ
Posts: 64,401
Likes: 0
Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jon Hekking View Post
Candidate Trump attacked Obama's executive orders. President Trump loves executive orders.

As he campaigned for the presidency, Donald Trump argued that Barack Obama’s frequent use of unilateral administrative tools made Obama a weak leader. “We have a president that can’t get anything done,” Trump told an interviewer in January 2016, “so he just keeps signing executive orders all over the place.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.8f8d561ab047
What's wrong, finding the taste of your own medicine sour? Deal with it. Obama laid out the rules, Trump is just playing the game. You don't get to cry foul when the enemy turns your own machine guns back at you.

Last edited by Red99SS; 07-11-2019 at 06:25 PM.
Red99SS is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 06:26 PM
  #25  
calwldlife
CF Senior Member
 
calwldlife's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2007
Location: Southern Cal Ca
Posts: 40,578
Received 77 Likes on 76 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jon Hekking View Post
Candidate Trump attacked Obama's executive orders. President Trump loves executive orders.

As he campaigned for the presidency, Donald Trump argued that Barack Obama’s frequent use of unilateral administrative tools made Obama a weak leader. “We have a president that can’t get anything done,” Trump told an interviewer in January 2016, “so he just keeps signing executive orders all over the place.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.8f8d561ab047
i agree with his sentiments.
i also know the issue is very important and needs a pen.
even with rhinos and lefties many bills were passed.
he tries to work with law makers until it is clear that corruption and
party bias leave him no choice.
this accurate count is crucial.
calwldlife is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 06:31 PM
  #26  
Jon Hekking
CF Senior Member
 
Jon Hekking's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2007
Location: Salt Lake City Utah
Posts: 10,198
Received 89 Likes on 53 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Red99SS View Post
What's wrong, finding the taste of your own medicine sour? Deal with it. Obama laid out the rules, Trump is just playing the game. You don't get to cry foul when the enemy turns your own machine guns back at you.
Originally Posted by calwldlife View Post
i agree with his sentiments.
i also know the issue is very important and needs a pen.
even with rhinos and lefties many bills were passed.
he tries to work with law makers until it is clear that corruption and
party bias leave him no choice.
this accurate count is crucial.
Originally Posted by KenHorse View Post
Obama issued EO that violated established legislation (DACA is just one example).

Trump has done no such thing.

Get a clue
Right............
Jon Hekking is online now  
Old 07-11-2019, 06:32 PM
  #27  
calwldlife
CF Senior Member
 
calwldlife's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2007
Location: Southern Cal Ca
Posts: 40,578
Received 77 Likes on 76 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jon Hekking View Post
Right............
yes, right is the correct word.
calwldlife is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 06:35 PM
  #28  
KenHorse
Democrats = Communists
Support Corvetteforum!
 
KenHorse's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2007
Location: Aurora, OR by way of Maui, HI. I have the heart of a Progressive - I keep it in a jar on my desk
Posts: 106,065
Received 1,273 Likes on 808 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18
Default

Originally Posted by Jon Hekking View Post
Right............
You disagree with which part? That Obama's EO violated existing legislation?
KenHorse is online now  
Old 07-11-2019, 06:35 PM
  #29  
Jon Hekking
CF Senior Member
 
Jon Hekking's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2007
Location: Salt Lake City Utah
Posts: 10,198
Received 89 Likes on 53 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by calwldlife View Post
yes, right is the correct word.
No, Trump was actually right when he said Obama was an ineffective president and signed executive orders because he couldn't get anything done. Same girl, different dress,
Jon Hekking is online now  
Old 07-11-2019, 06:35 PM
  #30  
1%r
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
1%r's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2003
Location: Americans First
Posts: 75,751
Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 through '17

Default

Originally Posted by KenHorse View Post
Obama issued EO that violated established legislation (DACA is just one example).

Trump has done no such thing.

Get a clue

Washington Post




Share:
FacebookTwitterPinterestEmailTumblrRedditLinkedInFlipboardGoogle BookmarksShare274



LEFT-CENTER BIAS


love it when the trolls continue to confirm their true colors by their own bias sources
1%r is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 06:35 PM
  #31  
69L46
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
69L46's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2000
Location: In the heart of Bulldog territory..
Posts: 28,575
Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
2015 C3 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-‘19
Default

Apparently he needs to stop with the Executive Orders then:

A new Trump executive order on kidneys could save thousands of lives

When a left wing outlet like Vox goes with this headline, there's obviously some merit to bypassing a gridlocked Congress.
69L46 is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 06:38 PM
  #32  
calwldlife
CF Senior Member
 
calwldlife's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2007
Location: Southern Cal Ca
Posts: 40,578
Received 77 Likes on 76 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jon Hekking View Post
No, Trump was actually right when he said Obama was an ineffective president and signed executive orders because he couldn't get anything done. Same girl, different dress,
i agree with trump.
legality of the eo aside, the need aside, the amount aside, eos have a use.
that is why they exist.

to deny any potus their use is crazy.
oh wait.
calwldlife is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 06:38 PM
  #33  
66jack
CF Senior Member
 
66jack's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 15,223
Received 267 Likes on 241 Posts
Default

On average, the first 3 years of obumma vs Trump....Trump has signed, 'JUST 2 MORE' than obumma...

obumma was a THUG when signed his EO's...

Trump 114 EO's average '38'
  • 2019 EO 13857 - EO 13878 22
  • 2018 EO 13820 - EO 13856 37
  • 2017 EO 13765 - EO 13819 55
obumma 108 eo's averag"36"
  • 2011 EO 13563 - EO 13596 34
  • 2010 EO 13526 - EO 13562 36
  • 2009 EO 13489 - EO 13527 38


https://www.federalregister.gov/pres...ecutive-orders
66jack is online now  
Old 07-11-2019, 06:39 PM
  #34  
Jon Hekking
CF Senior Member
 
Jon Hekking's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2007
Location: Salt Lake City Utah
Posts: 10,198
Received 89 Likes on 53 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 69L46 View Post
Apparently he needs to stop with the Executive Orders then:

A new Trump executive order on kidneys could save thousands of lives

When a left wing outlet like Vox goes with this headline, there's obviously some merit to bypassing a gridlocked Congress.
Right, like you guys gave the previous administration a pass for a popular executive order. More double speak from the Trump crowd, that's fine he's just giving the opposition more sound bites for 2020, that's when this will matter.
Jon Hekking is online now  
Old 07-11-2019, 06:41 PM
  #35  
calwldlife
CF Senior Member
 
calwldlife's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2007
Location: Southern Cal Ca
Posts: 40,578
Received 77 Likes on 76 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jon Hekking View Post
Right, like you guys gave the previous administration a pass for a popular executive order. More double speak from the Trump crowd, that's fine he's just giving the opposition more sound bites for 2020, that's when this will matter.
i get it.
trump can't use them because he would be a hypocrite if he did.
ok. if that is as far as your brain allows you to go, so be it.
calwldlife is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 06:43 PM
  #36  
Jon Hekking
CF Senior Member
 
Jon Hekking's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2007
Location: Salt Lake City Utah
Posts: 10,198
Received 89 Likes on 53 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by calwldlife View Post
i get it.
trump can't use them because he would be a hypocrite if he did.
ok. if that is as far as your brain allows you to go, so be it.
So can we use the same statement when the Trump crowd uses the "But Obama" and "But Clinton" cards? I'll look forward to you calling them out as well, if your brain goes that far.
Jon Hekking is online now  
Old 07-11-2019, 06:46 PM
  #37  
calwldlife
CF Senior Member
 
calwldlife's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2007
Location: Southern Cal Ca
Posts: 40,578
Received 77 Likes on 76 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jon Hekking View Post
So can we use the same statement when the Trump crowd uses the "But Obama" and "But Clinton" cards? I'll look forward to you calling them out as well, if your brain goes that far.
what the hell are you going on about?
i will use the obama card.
the blatant double standard needs to be mentioned.
calwldlife is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 06:48 PM
  #38  
KenHorse
Democrats = Communists
Support Corvetteforum!
 
KenHorse's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2007
Location: Aurora, OR by way of Maui, HI. I have the heart of a Progressive - I keep it in a jar on my desk
Posts: 106,065
Received 1,273 Likes on 808 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18
Default

Originally Posted by Jon Hekking View Post
So can we use the same statement when the Trump crowd uses the "But Obama" and "But Clinton" cards? I'll look forward to you calling them out as well, if your brain goes that far.
Still waiting for your objection to my claim

Or perhaps you can't provide one?
KenHorse is online now  
Old 07-11-2019, 06:48 PM
  #39  
69L46
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
69L46's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2000
Location: In the heart of Bulldog territory..
Posts: 28,575
Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
2015 C3 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-‘19
Default

Originally Posted by Jon Hekking View Post
Right, like you guys gave the previous administration a pass for a popular executive order. More double speak from the Trump crowd, that's fine he's just giving the opposition more sound bites for 2020, that's when this will matter.

Name one 'popular' one from Obama and I'll opine on it.

The truth is, EO's aren't legislation, and they can be rescinded by the next president, as we're seeing Trump do with some of Obama's more onerous regulations, specifically in areas such as business regulations, affirmative action in education and the environment.

If and when a functioning Congress surfaces, then I would prefer that route be taken; until then, however, this approach will have to suffice.
69L46 is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 06:52 PM
  #40  
1%r
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
1%r's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2003
Location: Americans First
Posts: 75,751
Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 through '17

Default

have fun playing with the progressive moderate
1%r is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Trump Expected to Sign Executive Action Regarding Census Citizenship Question


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: