Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page >

Trump Expected to Sign Executive Action Regarding Census Citizenship Question

Notices
Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Trump Expected to Sign Executive Action Regarding Census Citizenship Question

 
Old 07-11-2019, 07:03 PM
  #41  
Jon Hekking
CF Senior Member
 
Jon Hekking's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2007
Location: Salt Lake City Utah
Posts: 10,198
Received 89 Likes on 53 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by KenHorse View Post
Still waiting for your objection to my claim

Or perhaps you can't provide one?
I never said I objected to your claim, to me it's irrelevant to the discussion, besides just give Trump time and he'll end up doing the same thing.
Jon Hekking is online now  
Old 07-11-2019, 07:03 PM
  #42  
Jon Hekking
CF Senior Member
 
Jon Hekking's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2007
Location: Salt Lake City Utah
Posts: 10,198
Received 89 Likes on 53 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 1%r View Post
have fun playing with the progressive moderate
Bold statement from the guy that claims to have me blocked.
Jon Hekking is online now  
Old 07-11-2019, 07:04 PM
  #43  
Jon Hekking
CF Senior Member
 
Jon Hekking's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2007
Location: Salt Lake City Utah
Posts: 10,198
Received 89 Likes on 53 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 69L46 View Post
Name one 'popular' one from Obama and I'll opine on it.

The truth is, EO's aren't legislation, and they can be rescinded by the next president, as we're seeing Trump do with some of Obama's more onerous regulations, specifically in areas such as business regulations, affirmative action in education and the environment.

If and when a functioning Congress surfaces, then I would prefer that route be taken; until then, however, this approach will have to suffice.
From the right's perspective there were none. You know that.
Jon Hekking is online now  
Old 07-11-2019, 07:05 PM
  #44  
KenHorse
Democrats = Communists
Support Corvetteforum!
 
KenHorse's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2007
Location: Aurora, OR by way of Maui, HI. I have the heart of a Progressive - I keep it in a jar on my desk
Posts: 106,065
Received 1,273 Likes on 808 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18
Default

Originally Posted by Jon Hekking View Post
I never said I objected to your claim, to me it's irrelevant to the discussion, besides just give Trump time and he'll end up doing the same thing.
Yes, it would be irrelevant to you.

Devil's in the details y'know....
KenHorse is online now  
Old 07-11-2019, 07:06 PM
  #45  
1%r
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
1%r's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2003
Location: Americans First
Posts: 75,751
Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 through '17

Default

Originally Posted by KenHorse View Post
Yes, it would be irrelevant to you.

Devil's in the details y'know....
i'm laughing seeing the quoted replies from the progressive moderate
1%r is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 07:06 PM
  #46  
69L46
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
69L46's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2000
Location: In the heart of Bulldog territory..
Posts: 28,575
Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
2015 C3 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-‘19
Default

Originally Posted by Jon Hekking View Post
From the right's perspective there were none. You know that.

I didn't suggest it.
69L46 is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 07:11 PM
  #47  
Powershift
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Apr 2005
Location: Luling Louisiana
Posts: 7,327
Received 684 Likes on 618 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jon Hekking View Post
Candidate Trump attacked Obama's executive orders. President Trump loves executive orders.

As he campaigned for the presidency, Donald Trump argued that Barack Obama’s frequent use of unilateral administrative tools made Obama a weak leader. “We have a president that can’t get anything done,” Trump told an interviewer in January 2016, “so he just keeps signing executive orders all over the place.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.8f8d561ab047
Many of Obama's EOs were to tear apart things in this country, when he could not get enough folks in Congress to go along with him, or when it was expedient for him to implement his agenda.

Trumps is using EOs to try and undo Obama's work and to help right the ship. The Democratic House is adamantly opposed to anything he wants to do to better this country and will not pass any meaningful legislation to help. The Senate is only marginally better. Trump is being opposed by both sides of the establishment Washington elite............so he is using what means are still available to him to move forward with his election promises.



Powershift is online now  
Old 07-11-2019, 07:14 PM
  #48  
KarlK
CF Senior Member
 
KarlK's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2006
Location: No, I'm not related to PeterK
Posts: 45,994
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
Default

love all this winning! and whining!
KarlK is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 07:15 PM
  #49  
Jon Hekking
CF Senior Member
 
Jon Hekking's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2007
Location: Salt Lake City Utah
Posts: 10,198
Received 89 Likes on 53 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Powershift View Post
Many of Obama's EOs were to tear apart things in this country, when he could not get enough folks in Congress to go along with him, or when it was expedient for him to implement his agenda.

Trumps is using EOs to try and undo Obama's work and to help right the ship. The Democratic House is adamantly opposed to anything he wants to do to better this country and will not pass any meaningful legislation to help. The Senate is only marginally better. Trump is being opposed by both sides of the establishment Washington elite............so he is using what means are still available to him to move forward with his election promises.
You are all missing the point, EO's should be a last resort by any president. Trump was right to say that Obama HAD to use them because he couldn't get anything accomplished. If he could get the majority to work with him he could avoid doing everything he said was wrong. Don't tell me how hard it is to work with Congress, he had everything in his camp before 2018 and Obama had it worse. We have to find a way to work with the majority, we won't though.

Last edited by Jon Hekking; 07-11-2019 at 07:15 PM.
Jon Hekking is online now  
Old 07-11-2019, 07:17 PM
  #50  
calwldlife
CF Senior Member
 
calwldlife's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2007
Location: Southern Cal Ca
Posts: 40,578
Received 77 Likes on 76 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jon Hekking View Post
You are all missing the point, EO's should be a last resort by any president. Trump was right to say that Obama HAD to use them because he couldn't get anything accomplished. If he could get the majority to work with him he could avoid doing everything he said was wrong. Don't tell me how hard it is to work with Congress, he had everything in his camp before 2018 and Obama had it worse. We have to find a way to work with the majority, we won't though.
obama had majorities in congress.
dems loved him.
press loved him
yet he had to use eos.
take your revisionist history somewhere else.
calwldlife is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 07:19 PM
  #51  
KenHorse
Democrats = Communists
Support Corvetteforum!
 
KenHorse's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2007
Location: Aurora, OR by way of Maui, HI. I have the heart of a Progressive - I keep it in a jar on my desk
Posts: 106,065
Received 1,273 Likes on 808 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18
Default

Originally Posted by calwldlife View Post
obama had majorities in congress.
dems loved him.
press loved him
yet he had to use eos.
take your revisionist history somewhere else.
He actually had a super majority in the Senate for a while
KenHorse is online now  
Old 07-11-2019, 07:21 PM
  #52  
1%r
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
1%r's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2003
Location: Americans First
Posts: 75,751
Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 through '17

Default

Originally Posted by calwldlife View Post
obama had majorities in congress.
dems loved him.
press loved him
yet he had to use eos.
take your revisionist history somewhere else.


work with the majority and all their madness? progressive moderate as i've said all along
1%r is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 07:22 PM
  #53  
69L46
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
69L46's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2000
Location: In the heart of Bulldog territory..
Posts: 28,575
Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
2015 C3 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-‘19
Default

Originally Posted by KenHorse View Post
He actually had a super majority in the Senate for a while

Long enough to ram Obamacare thru.
69L46 is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 07:24 PM
  #54  
1%r
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
1%r's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2003
Location: Americans First
Posts: 75,751
Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 through '17

Default

Originally Posted by 69L46 View Post
Long enough to ram Obamacare thru.
1st 2 years
1%r is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 07:24 PM
  #55  
Jon Hekking
CF Senior Member
 
Jon Hekking's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2007
Location: Salt Lake City Utah
Posts: 10,198
Received 89 Likes on 53 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 69L46 View Post
Long enough to ram Obamacare thru.
Which Trump could have over turned if he could just have learned to get along. Instead we got a lesson in political correctness and a continuation of Obamacare, winning?
Jon Hekking is online now  
Old 07-11-2019, 07:25 PM
  #56  
calwldlife
CF Senior Member
 
calwldlife's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2007
Location: Southern Cal Ca
Posts: 40,578
Received 77 Likes on 76 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 69L46 View Post
Long enough to ram Obamacare thru.
which allowed obama to eo the mandates so his donors didn't have to comply.
oops eos again. hekking will be upset.
fake con that he is.
calwldlife is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 07:26 PM
  #57  
1%r
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
1%r's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2003
Location: Americans First
Posts: 75,751
Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 through '17

Default

Originally Posted by calwldlife View Post
which allowed obama to eo the mandates so his donors didn't have to comply.
oops eos again. hekking will be upset.
fake con that he is.
progressive moderate
1%r is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 07:28 PM
  #58  
StrangelovesM6Vert
CF Senior Member
 
StrangelovesM6Vert's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,951
Likes: 0
Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts
Default

Trump has caved on the Citizenship question

Trump gives up attempt to add citizenship question to census

StrangelovesM6Vert is online now  
Old 07-11-2019, 07:28 PM
  #59  
69L46
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
69L46's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2000
Location: In the heart of Bulldog territory..
Posts: 28,575
Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
2015 C3 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-‘19
Default

Originally Posted by Jon Hekking View Post
Which Trump could have over turned if he could just have learned to get along. Instead we got a lesson in political correctness and a continuation of Obamacare, winning?
You haven't been following the recent actions regarding the ACA, I take it.
69L46 is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 07:29 PM
  #60  
calwldlife
CF Senior Member
 
calwldlife's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2007
Location: Southern Cal Ca
Posts: 40,578
Received 77 Likes on 76 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by StrangelovesM6Vert View Post
Trump has caved on the Citizenship question

Trump gives up attempt to add citizenship question to census


no time to win.
what he did instead will be of more value.
it is a brilliant move.
calwldlife is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Trump Expected to Sign Executive Action Regarding Census Citizenship Question


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: