Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page >

CA Democrats Author Bill to Protect Sex Offenders Who Lure Minors

Notices
Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

CA Democrats Author Bill to Protect Sex Offenders Who Lure Minors

Old 07-11-2019, 05:58 PM
KenHorse
Democrats = Communists
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Aurora, OR by way of Maui, HI. I have the heart of a Progressive - I keep it in a jar on my desk
Received 1,277 Likes on 811 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by Victor View Post
And how many of you guys actually read the article?

Read the article, use your brain, then react.

hint: the headline is completely misleading as to the intent of the law.
Intent isn't the issue. The reality of what the Law does IS
Old 07-11-2019, 07:20 PM
Over9K
CF Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

The juanvaldez pedotection act...
Old 07-11-2019, 07:24 PM
WICKEDFRC
CF Senior Member

Received 526 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by 67tripwr View Post
Sick *****!
SB 145 would allow a sex offender who lures a minor with the intent to commit a felony (i.e. a sex act) the ability to escape registering as a sex offender as long as the offender is within 10 years of age of the minor. No specification is made as to whether the sexual offender is straight or LGBT.

SB 145 would add a section to the state’s penal code (Section 290.55) stipulating that as long as the offender is “not more than 10 years older than the minor,” they are not automatically mandated to register as a sex offender. There is no age limit or range specified, except for existing law which already excludes lewd acts with children under 14.

SB 145 appears to allow adults to victimize minors by luring them with the intent to have sex, and then shields the predator from being automatically registered as a sex offender, as in the case of a 25 year old luring a 15 year old for sex, or a 22 year old luring a 12 year old.

I guess they didn't want to dip down to specifically state an 18-year old and an 8-year old. But I am sure that is also included.

"Sick *****" is an understatement.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:47 PM
larrysb
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Supposedly, the existing law isn't fair to homosexuals who prey on children, because it allows for vaginal sex, but not sodomy.

But now, it is fair game for homosexual pedophiles too.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:46 PM
nj02vette
CF Senior Member

Location: Marlton. Increasing performance one speeding ticket at a time! NJ
Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
Did you read the actual bill?

So if a 15 year old is molested by a 25 year old everything is okay according to this piece of ****.
No, not ok, but instead of mandatory it's up to the judge. Just to be clear in your scenerio, if the 25yo molests the 15yo through vaginal penetration, they they currently by law wouldn't have to automatically register. Only if it was sodomy would they mandatory be required.

Effed up, isn't it.

I don't agree with the 10 year difference, because a 25yo has no business with a 15yo.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CA Democrats Author Bill to Protect Sex Offenders Who Lure Minors

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: