Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page >

Florida deputy arrested for planting drugs on Florida drivers

Notices
Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Florida deputy arrested for planting drugs on Florida drivers

Old 07-11-2019, 09:05 PM
67tripwr
CF Senior Member

Location: Bringing The Liberal Hypocrisy To Light, Tolerance Has Become Intolerable
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Just think of the hurt and humiliation he put his victims through. The stress, the cost etc.....

I hope they put his as away for a very long time, painful time

Wester’s actions led prosecutors to drop charges in almost 120 cases that occurred between 2016 and 2018, including one man who lost custody of his daughter as a result of the false arrest.

In October 2017, Benjamin Bowling was falsely charged and arrested by Wester for possessing methamphetamine while driving to the store to pick up diapers, according to the arrest warrant. Florida's child welfare agency had recently awarded Bowling custody of his daughter after being released from prison on a DUI conviction, but as a result of the false arrest, he lost custody of the child.

Last edited by 67tripwr; 07-11-2019 at 09:19 PM.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:21 PM
67tripwr
CF Senior Member

Location: Bringing The Liberal Hypocrisy To Light, Tolerance Has Become Intolerable
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
It would be a cold ******* day in hell before I would give permission for any LEO to search my car or house without a warrant.
People would consent, because they didn't have anything in the vehicle. That is until that ******* pos planted it!
Old 07-11-2019, 09:44 PM
avalonjohn
CF Senior Member

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by pdiddy972 View Post
Missed that one - What was happening there?
YOU missed one? Holy Moly you are slacking. At least this beats the one you recently dragged up from your archives.
A lot of cops all over the US would like to rip this guy apart. Glad the FDLE was able to nail him. What a POS.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:46 PM
BADBIRDCAGE
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 233 Likes on 179 Posts

One of the worst things that can happen in law enforcement is an officer that is dishonest. That officer throws the shadow on every other officer in the profession. If this officer did what he is accused of he needs to be convicted and sentenced to whatever the maximum sentence is, without any possibility of early release or parole. He is a disgrace to the profession and to human beings everywhere.

Additionally this officer now burdens the judicial system with review and action on every case he was involved with.

Then there are those people wrongfully convicted and incarcerated that deserve to be made whole, which is impossible. You can’t restore lost freedom.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:17 PM
Millenium Z06
CF Senior Member

Received 157 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Loose Cannon View Post
Not to take away from the wrongdoing of the deputy, but the OP article stated that many times these people were pulled over for "minor traffic violations". Why in the **** are these people agreeing to be searched in the first place? We have wide gap of understanding of rights here, from the sovereign citizen crap to, "no problem” officer, I ain't got nuttin to hide, come on and take a look see” I'm not totally suggesting that telling a criminal cop "no” is going to stop him, but it's another roadblock.
Watch the video I posted, he calls a K9 officer to "walk" the car if you don't consent. Either way drugs WERE going to be found in your car, consent or not
Old 07-11-2019, 10:20 PM
Millenium Z06
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by BADBIRDCAGE View Post
One of the worst things that can happen in law enforcement is an officer that is dishonest. That officer throws the shadow on every other officer in the profession. If this officer did what he is accused of he needs to be convicted and sentenced to whatever the maximum sentence is, without any possibility of early release or parole. He is a disgrace to the profession and to human beings everywhere.

Additionally this officer now burdens the judicial system with review and action on every case he was involved with.

Then there are those people wrongfully convicted and incarcerated that deserve to be made whole, which is impossible. You can’t restore lost freedom.
They've already reversed 119 victims cases. I'm sure a civil suit is on the way; can't blame them
Old 07-11-2019, 10:47 PM
68/70Vette
CF Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Millenium Z06 View Post
They've already reversed 119 victims cases. I'm sure a civil suit is on the way; can't blame them
If any of the victims had a job that required a security clearance they would have been fired and lost their job. A really big financial hit.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:33 AM
pdiddy972
CF Senior Member

Received 395 Likes on 258 Posts

Watch the video I posted, he calls a K9 officer to "walk" the car if you don't consent. Either way drugs WERE going to be found in your car, consent or not
That's another aspect. The dog handler can say the dog "alerted" and no one else could say it's a lie or truth, because there's no consistent signal such a dog gives, so it's very subjective. So they can have probable cause simply by saying the dog alerted any time they like.
Old 07-12-2019, 01:58 AM
Loose Cannon
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The legal and civil suit fallout will be similar to what is occurring in Houston. Our society is centered around honesty and trust. When that fails, the delicate republic will fail. It is good to see these criminals caught and prosecuted. People in positions of trust and power that blatantly violate their oath need to be dealt with swiftly and justly. This goes for politicians as well.
Old 07-12-2019, 01:59 AM
Loose Cannon
CF Senior Member

I couldn't get the link to load on my ipad, but I've read of similar stories before.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:51 AM
vettsplit 63
CF Senior Member

Location: Power tripping Sociopath- has a nice ring to it- I used to be a people person, but people ruined it Texas
Received 107 Likes on 97 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by pdiddy972 View Post
That's another aspect. The dog handler can say the dog "alerted" and no one else could say it's a lie or truth, because there's no consistent signal such a dog gives, so it's very subjective. So they can have probable cause simply by saying the dog alerted any time they like.
The fallacy to your argument is video records that will show that the dog alerted the same way every time. When dogs are certified it is noted as to the way they alert. Do you even think before you type?

Last edited by vettsplit 63; 07-12-2019 at 10:52 AM.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:08 AM
Warpdrv
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Has anyone noticed - How ptitty is so enormously ANTI-POLICE...?!?!?

He is always on a rant about law enforcement - no matter if there is wrong doing or not....
I don't condone corrupt cops, but I certainly see the continued attack of police by this Antifa member....

P-titty = Antifa
Old 07-12-2019, 11:09 AM
Millenium Z06
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by vettsplit 63 View Post
The fallacy to your argument is video records that will show that the dog alerted the same way every time. When dogs are certified it is noted as to the way they alert. Do you even think before you type?
I understand your point but drugs WERE going to be found in that car, dog or not. That's the problem
Old 07-12-2019, 11:12 AM
Millenium Z06
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 68/70Vette View Post
If any of the victims had a job that required a security clearance they would have been fired and lost their job. A really big financial hit.
Also, if they happened to be a single parent, could lose custody of their child over this false charges. Thus is effd up
Old 07-12-2019, 11:28 AM
need-for-speed
CF Senior Member

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts
CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03-'05-'07-'09-'10,’17

Originally Posted by Loose Cannon View Post
I believe he is referring to the narcotics cop that was cop planting drugs and other “evidence” in peoples houses after he and his group performed drug raids. The most recent one resulting in the death of the Tuttle's in Houston and the wounding of several officers. Huge thread on it.

Yep, for a minute there I thought that POS “retired” ******* from Houston had found a new job in FL.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:30 AM
need-for-speed
CF Senior Member

CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet

Originally Posted by 67tripwr View Post
People would consent, because they didn't have anything in the vehicle. That is until that ******* pos planted it!
Great wake up call. I’ve never been asked, but always figured I would give consent since I have nothing to hide. I believe I’ll go with the “ get a warrant” approach now.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:38 AM
need-for-speed
CF Senior Member

CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet

Originally Posted by Warpdrv View Post
Has anyone noticed - How ptitty is so enormously ANTI-POLICE...?!?!?

He is always on a rant about law enforcement - no matter if there is wrong doing or not....
I don't condone corrupt cops, but I certainly see the continued attack of police by this Antifa member....

P-titty = Antifa

I suspect a lot of people are like me: extreme on both ends of the spectrum, with no middle ground. I am very much pro po po because it’s a thankless job and they protect us. The case in Ferguson, MO is a prime example where I have no doubt that the cop was truthful and the dead thug needed to be dead.

On on the other extreme, I would like to see this POS and the one in Houston get maximum punishment. Lets go with adding up all of the sentences of his victims, double it, and give him that. CONSECUTIVELY.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:49 AM
dpd3672
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Try him, and if he's guilty, give him life in prison. No excuses for behavior like this.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:52 AM
Axelrod
CF Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dpd3672 View Post
Try him, and if he's guilty, give him life in prison. No excuses for behavior like this.
Exactly. Trust in law enforcement is of paramount importance.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:01 PM
Mr D.
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 228 Likes on 211 Posts

This guy appears to been targeting no one in particular but instead fueling his ego as a LEO. He trashed the whole police force he works with and other honest LEO's outside his circle. I hope he gets a very long prison term and the lawyers are lined up outside the courthouse to right the wrongs this POS caused on people he came in contact with.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Florida deputy arrested for planting drugs on Florida drivers

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: