Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page >

Florida deputy arrested for planting drugs on Florida drivers

Notices
Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Florida deputy arrested for planting drugs on Florida drivers

Old 07-12-2019, 12:07 PM
dpd3672
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr D. View Post
This guy appears to been targeting no one in particular but instead fueling his ego as a LEO. He trashed the whole police force he works with and other honest LEO's outside his circle. I hope he gets a very long prison term and the lawyers are lined up outside the courthouse to right the wrongs this POS caused on people he came in contact with.
I never understood planting stuff on people.

If you want to make a lot of arrests, work in a high crime area, or a high crime assignment in a more stable area. I've never had a problem finding guns, dope, or stolen cars in my entire career because...it's pretty much freaking everywhere. You almost can't avoid finding it if you're looking for it, even if you're incompetent. If you don't care about it, there are plenty of front license plate tickets to write, or community relations meetings to attend. Wanting to be a "high producer" without actually producing anything simply doesn't register in my mind. I guess it's like the people who cut the course to win a local 5k.

Old 07-12-2019, 12:14 PM
Warpdrv
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dpd3672 View Post

If you want to make a lot of arrests, work in a high crime area, or a high crime assignment in a more stable area. I've never had a problem finding guns, dope, or stolen cars in my entire career because...it's pretty much freaking everywhere. You almost can't avoid finding it if you're looking for it, even if you're incompetent. If you don't care about it, there are plenty of front license plate tickets to write, or community relations meetings to attend. Wanting to be a "high producer" without actually producing anything simply doesn't register in my mind. I guess it's like the people who cut the course to win a local 5k.
On the other hand - if it was someone that you know got away with murder, perhaps multiple times even - truly for sure knew it and they skated ?!?!?
I could see the justification......

But not planting drugs to boost his career..... that **** needs punishment for sure.... Makes all police look bad.... and thats unacceptable IMO....

Last edited by Warpdrv; 07-12-2019 at 12:15 PM.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:27 PM
desibaba
CF Senior Member

Received 182 Likes on 106 Posts

Im assuming when its time to get promoted the officer who writes more tickets, has more arrests is more likely to get promoted than someone who is barely doing his job.
Old 07-12-2019, 01:50 PM
dpd3672
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Warpdrv View Post
On the other hand - if it was someone that you know got away with murder, perhaps multiple times even - truly for sure knew it and they skated ?!?!?
I could see the justification......

But not planting drugs to boost his career..... that **** needs punishment for sure.... Makes all police look bad.... and thats unacceptable IMO....
In that case, I could at least UNDERSTAND it, although I still can't morally agree with it.

But placing dope on randos just to pad your stats? This guy deserves worse than prison.
Old 07-12-2019, 01:57 PM
dpd3672
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by desibaba View Post
Im assuming when its time to get promoted the officer who writes more tickets, has more arrests is more likely to get promoted than someone who is barely doing his job.
Not really as much as you'd think, and to be honest, being a good COP and being a good SUPERVISOR are only slightly related skill sets.

Sure, performance evaluations and service ratings are sometimes a factor, but a surprisingly small one. Seniority, military service, college, a promotional exam, and oral boards are almost the only factors that really affect a civil service exam.

I actually have the criteria for the promotional exam that my department is doing this weekend handy (taking the lieutenant exam myself). Here's the factors (first is for Lt, the second is for Sgt):

Last edited by dpd3672; 07-12-2019 at 01:58 PM.
Old 07-12-2019, 01:58 PM
GR8-LIFE
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mother fu%*er!
Old 07-12-2019, 02:21 PM
Axelrod
CF Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Not really as much as you'd think, and to be honest, being a good COP and being a good SUPERVISOR are only slightly related skill sets.

Sure, performance evaluations and service ratings are sometimes a factor, but a surprisingly small one. Seniority, military service, college, a promotional exam, and oral boards are almost the only factors that really affect a civil service exam.

I actually have the criteria for the promotional exam that my department is doing this weekend handy (taking the lieutenant exam myself). Here's the factors (first is for Lt, the second is for Sgt):
Curious about the "Assessment Center" being 50% of the promotion criteria. Is that a tribunal panel interview combined with fellow officer recommedations and public complaints or how does that work?
Old 07-12-2019, 02:32 PM
brassplyer
CF Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Has anyone noticed - How ptitty is so enormously ANTI-POLICE...?!?!?

He is always on a rant about law enforcement - no matter if there is wrong doing or not....
I don't condone corrupt cops, but I certainly see the continued attack of police by this Antifa member....

P-titty = Antifa
Which doesn't change the facts of this and too many other examples. He's a flaming lib who I often don't agree with but this is one of far too many examples of exactly why I view all police with a wary eye. I submit it's worse to blindly hero worship cops and wear blinders to the very real problems. As we see here a typical patrol cop is given tremendous power over citizens and they far too often abuse it.

You have to ask why does someone take on this job in the first place? Of course the usual cop sychophants will likely chime in with excuses - "a few bad apples". There's a lot more than a few.

Look up the Battle Of Athens. It was cops who were doing the enforcing of keeping blacks and others from voting - one insistently telling a black man he wasn't going to vote, beating him with brass knuckles then shooting him in the back for attempting to exercise his right to vote. To this day cops can and do suspend your constitutional rights - this incident is hardly an isolated example. During the hurricane that impacted New Orleans a while back - cops were unconstitutionally confiscating people's firearms because some nut was shooting at police helicopters. They were even confiscating antique guns. The old lady the thug cop tackled because she didn't want to leave her house. His actions of course were rubber-stamped as they far too often are.

Last edited by brassplyer; 07-13-2019 at 08:29 AM.
Old 07-12-2019, 02:37 PM
Torqaholic
CF Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

There was no dog in that video. The cop lied when he told her one was on the way and they were going to walk it around the truck.
The last cop I denied permission to search my vehicle tried the "we'll bring in a dog if you deny the search" tactic. I laughed in his face and told him "go for, I have all day". He didn't search and they brought no dog.
Old 07-12-2019, 02:42 PM
pdiddy972
CF Senior Member

Received 387 Likes on 251 Posts

Has anyone noticed - How ptitty is so enormously ANTI-POLICE...?!?!?

He is always on a rant about law enforcement - no matter if there is wrong doing or not....
I don't condone corrupt cops, but I certainly see the continued attack of police by this Antifa member....

P-titty = Antifa
If you don't like it (clearly you don't and are a police apologist) then make them stop misbehaving. After all, that's my goal. You defending them isn't going to incentivize them to change.

Last edited by pdiddy972; 07-12-2019 at 02:42 PM.
Old 07-12-2019, 02:52 PM
1%r
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 through '17

Originally Posted by pdiddy972 View Post
If you don't like it (clearly you don't and are a police apologist) then make them stop misbehaving. After all, that's my goal. You defending them isn't going to incentivize them to change.
Be specific how many need to change otherwise stop your continual whining. Nobody’s defending those whom break the law except in your twisted mind.
Old 07-12-2019, 02:53 PM
dpd3672
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Axelrod View Post
Curious about the "Assessment Center" being 50% of the promotion criteria. Is that a tribunal panel interview combined with fellow officer recommedations and public complaints or how does that work?
Every department does it a little differently, but our most recent version of it is police executives from different agencies around the country assess the candidates. Interviews, exercises, and stuff of that nature. At the end, we get scored. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it, although the criteria they're said to be looking for, while mostly subjective, is generally considered to be integrity, decisiveness, knowledge of policy, etc.
Old 07-12-2019, 03:00 PM
vettsplit 63
CF Senior Member

Location: Power tripping Sociopath- has a nice ring to it- I used to be a people person, but people ruined it Texas
Received 107 Likes on 97 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Torqaholic View Post
There was no dog in that video. The cop lied when he told her one was on the way and they were going to walk it around the truck.
The last cop I denied permission to search my vehicle tried the "we'll bring in a dog if you deny the search" tactic. I laughed in his face and told him "go for, I have all day". He didn't search and they brought no dog.
Any Cop who says that is not following lawful procedure. If you deny permission, he may legally detain you and tell you to remain there while he calls a canine, but he cannot use the threat as a bargaining chip to get what he wants. And the subsequent review of the incident will include him being able to articulate what constituted reasonable suspicion to call the dog.

Last edited by vettsplit 63; 07-12-2019 at 03:04 PM.
Old 07-12-2019, 03:29 PM
Axelrod
CF Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Every department does it a little differently, but our most recent version of it is police executives from different agencies around the country assess the candidates. Interviews, exercises, and stuff of that nature. At the end, we get scored. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it, although the criteria they're said to be looking for, while mostly subjective, is generally considered to be integrity, decisiveness, knowledge of policy, etc.
Makes sense. Officers on the review board from out of region creates a totally unbiased atmosphere.
Old 07-12-2019, 03:34 PM
Warpdrv
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What part of "I don't condone corrupt cops" do you not understand.....

You hating cops for the sake of hating cops might just be on you for being a lawless douchebag fuckwad.....
Don't do stupid ****, you won't win stupid prizes.....

I see you didn't deny being a ******* piece of **** Antifa fuckwad, so I guess I was right.....
Old 07-12-2019, 04:12 PM
brassplyer
CF Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 1%r View Post
Originally Posted by pdiddy972
Be specific how many need to change otherwise stop your continual whining. Nobody’s defending those whom break the law except in your twisted mind.
Those who so often rubber-stamp their actions or make it extremely difficult to fire/prosecute them are defending them.
Old 07-12-2019, 05:18 PM
desibaba
CF Senior Member

Received 182 Likes on 106 Posts

So if im the guy patrolling the streets at night and I have an associates degree but I want to make detective what is the fastest way to get there?
Old 07-12-2019, 06:16 PM
RandolphB
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It may be different now (but I doubt it...), but many police in Florida get their foot in the door in small towns. They go overboard on tickets/ arrests/ whatever so they can quickly build good stats to make it look like they are doing their job. Then they put this on their resume and shop themselves to a larger and larger town (and more money)....until they hit a city and become detectives or more. Since they aren't from cradle to grave at one agency, most never get caught with their dirty tricks. The town I grew up in had 3 officers, a chief and one police car. The turnover for new hires right out of the academy was about 1 or 2 a year. For a good decade in the 80's, it seemed like every drive-by officer ended up over their head and shot in other agencies. Everybody noticed it that was from town...became a bad joke. Small towns are different animals for most things.
Old 07-12-2019, 06:25 PM
juanvaldez
CF Senior Member

Received 393 Likes on 292 Posts

Planting evidence is pretty common. At least these folks are alive. Dennis Tuttle, his wife and dog are dead and their reputation smeared. The two cops were allowed to retire so the get to keep their pension even if they go to prison. It has only been six months, they will sit on this until most folks have forgotten and then the cops will get a sweet plea deal.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:49 PM
Frankie the Fink
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,015 Likes on 3,084 Posts

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...stops-n1028991

Four hours ago.

It took over a 1000 hours of work to uncover this guy's misdeeds. How many more are out there, doing this and not getting caught?
Taking a specific incident and coming up with generalizations and theories is inductive reasoning and usually used by dolts trying to make a case for a broad statement in lieu of having any real facts...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Florida deputy arrested for planting drugs on Florida drivers

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: