Notices
Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Acosta to resign in a week.

Old 07-12-2019, 09:50 AM
dpd3672
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Acosta to resign in a week.

Breaking on Fox, no link yet.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:51 AM
66jack
CF Senior Member

Received 267 Likes on 241 Posts

Cnn<<<< acosta????
Old 07-12-2019, 09:54 AM
glbeauchamp
CF Senior Member

Received 117 Likes on 109 Posts

I'm thinking Sec of Labor Acosta. He's been in the news lately for cutting a sweetheart deal with epstein.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:54 AM
MagRedConv
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 39 Likes on 20 Posts

Going to run for POTUS?
Old 07-12-2019, 09:58 AM
owebo
CF Senior Member

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '16

Originally Posted by glbeauchamp View Post
I'm thinking Sec of Labor Acosta. He's been in the news lately for cutting a sweetheart deal with epstein.
I think the Epstein thing is really really bad and when it hits itís going to destroy the swamp and all those who touched it.....Trump told him what the post swamp will look like and Acosta is running for cover early...
Old 07-12-2019, 10:03 AM
69L46
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
2015 C3 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-Ď19

Too bad, he did a good job as Sec. of Labor.

Likely lots more collateral damage on the way from the Epstein situation.

Trump’s Labor Secretary Alex Acosta resigns amid pressure from Jeffrey Epstein sex traffic case
Old 07-12-2019, 10:05 AM
1%r
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 through '17

Originally Posted by 69L46 View Post

Trumpís Labor Secretary Alex Acosta resigns amid pressure from Jeffrey Epstein sex traffic case
there's going to be repercussions from the epstein fiasco. there's tons of people who indulged @ orgy island that the MSM isn't reporting about
Old 07-12-2019, 10:10 AM
Fast one
CF Senior Member

Received 67 Likes on 52 Posts

Then Schumer should resign for accepting campaign donations from Epstein, but he won't.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:12 AM
owebo
CF Senior Member

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '16

Originally Posted by Fast one View Post
Then Schumer should resign for accepting campaign donations from Epstein, but he won't.
I think chuckie has more to worry about his Epstein involvement other than hush money payments....I think he ate the pizza too....
Old 07-12-2019, 11:15 AM
Builderrick
CF Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Acosta was/is a member of the deep state swamp. Just another swamp dweller that others lied about and convinced Trump that he was O.K.

Trump can't personally vet these people. That said Acosta was part of the cover up to protect other swamp members. He belongs in prison along with the rest of them.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:19 AM
glbeauchamp
CF Senior Member

Received 117 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by 69L46 View Post

Trumpís Labor Secretary Alex Acosta resigns amid pressure from Jeffrey Epstein sex traffic case

Follow the money.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:19 AM
dpd3672
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Builderrick View Post
Acosta was/is a member of the deep state swamp. Just another swamp dweller that others lied about and convinced Trump that he was O.K.

Trump can't personally vet these people. That said Acosta was part of the cover up to protect other swamp members. He belongs in prison along with the rest of them.
It's also possible that Acosta was pressured from high up to make the case go away with favorable terms for Epstein, as appears to have happened. If that's the case, it would be highly likely that Acosta would have a lot of potential as a witness to be used against more swamp dwellers.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:23 AM
Roothog69
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Builderrick View Post

Seems to be looking that way. Trump needs another 4 years just to skim the top layer off the swamp.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:30 AM
68/70Vette
CF Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by owebo View Post
I think the Epstein thing is really really bad and when it hits itís going to destroy the swamp and all those who touched it.....Trump told him what the post swamp will look like and Acosta is running for cover early...
I hope you are correct. Rush Limbaugh thinks this whole thing is really about Trump. This is an opportunity to embarrass Trump and take out another member of his administration and an opportunity to fish around and see if there's something to implicate Trump. Rush thinks the MSM will quickly drop the whole thing once they realize they can't nail Trump for anything.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2...-to-get-trump/
Old 07-12-2019, 11:54 AM
Millenium Z06
CF Senior Member

Received 154 Likes on 136 Posts

I think it would be foolish not to think that this is going to get a lot of people of R and D and this is just the start.
IMO, you're not going to know Epstein and not be involved in some of the S he's involved with, birds of a feather..

The end game may be Trump but I have to wonder why anyone has any type of acquaintance with Epstein knowing what he's about if you don't also share that interest.
This is either going to to catch a lot of high level people or no one because of who's involved

Last edited by Millenium Z06; 07-12-2019 at 11:55 AM.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:57 AM
69er
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think Epstein will cooperate for a lesser sentence and name some big names.

Last edited by 69er; 07-12-2019 at 11:57 AM.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:59 AM
dpd3672
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Millenium Z06 View Post
I think it would be foolish not to think that this is going to get a lot of people of R and D and this is just the start.
IMO, you're not going to know Epstein and not be involved in some of the S he's involved with, birds of a feather..

The end game may be Trump but I have to wonder why anyone has any type of acquaintance with Epstein knowing what he's about if you don't also share that interest.
This is either going to to catch a lot of high level people or no one because of who's involved
As a cop, while I acknowledge that there are dirty cops out there, we generally try to live our lives a bit "above and beyond" the normal standard, for no reason other than the extreme scrutiny we fall under. I think the same thing might be true with Republicans vs Democrats in general.

Dems, knowing they'll get a pass from the media, probably don't worry so much about scandals; while Pubs, knowing that everything they say or do not only will be repeated ad nauseum in the press, but will also be used as a club against every other member of the party, probably would tend to either try harder to avoid scandal, or at least cover their tracks better.

Just a random thought, but the blatant disregard for laws, morals, and potential embarrassment seems to be more common on the left side of the aisle. That may be true in this case as well.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:03 PM
X-ZZ4
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by Fast one View Post
Just another typical case of dems accusing others what they themselves are guilty of.

Government needs a flush....put them all in the sewer where they belong.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:08 PM
TBIRD57
CF Senior Member

Received 78 Likes on 65 Posts

we again get a glimpse of how our legal system works and some are shocked and outraged!
if you are very rich and write a check you can get a lot more "justice" Epstein was so arrogant as to
think he could get away with it again...on second thought maybe he can. Michael Jackson showed you could "Beat it, Beat it,Beat it"

Acosta was just a cog in our wheels of justice.
i was surprised he resigned.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:12 PM
BobG
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by dpd3672 View Post
As a cop, while I acknowledge that there are dirty cops out there, we generally try to live our lives a bit "above and beyond" the normal standard, for no reason other than the extreme scrutiny we fall under. I think the same thing might be true with Republicans vs Democrats in general.

Dems, knowing they'll get a pass from the media, probably don't worry so much about scandals; while Pubs, knowing that everything they say or do not only will be repeated ad nauseum in the press, but will also be used as a club against every other member of the party, probably would tend to either try harder to avoid scandal, or at least cover their tracks better.

Just a random thought, but the blatant disregard for laws, morals, and potential embarrassment seems to be more common on the left side of the aisle. That may be true in this case as well.
This reminds me of a bit of wisdom from my TI way back in basic training. He reminded us prior to our first visit off base that "a hard d### has no conscience", which is certainly true. I agree that having zero morals, you'd expect our domestic enemy liberals to play a significant role in something like this. But there are plenty of republicans who also think morals are for the common folk, and have been caught with their pants down in various schemes over the years. My guess is that if this is what speculation claims, there will be plenty on both sides of the corrupt political aisle associated with it.

My biggest question, if true, is whether anyone will actually be provided an orange jumpsuit and silver bracelets over this. By now you'd have to be a liberal dumber than AOC to not know there is a two tier justice system in this country, with certain groups simply immune from the annoyance of "laws".

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Acosta to resign in a week.

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: