Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page >

Pilots, Why would Epstein's tail # be assigned to multiple aircraft, including belong

Notices
Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Pilots, Why would Epstein's tail # be assigned to multiple aircraft, including belong

Old 07-12-2019, 12:31 PM
RJ-92
CF Senior Member

Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Pilots, Why would Epstein's tail # be assigned to multiple aircraft, including belong

To the State department?

Last edited by RJ-92; 07-12-2019 at 12:33 PM.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:36 PM
tiojames
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Clintons probably had connection in FAA.
Don't know how that could with different transponders.
Old 07-12-2019, 01:05 PM
IMBoring25
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

N numbers are recycled when planes are deregistered (usually due to becoming unairworthy or being exported and re-registered in another country). Multiple simultaneous uses of a registration would be irregular. Records show the P210 was registered after the OV-10 was deregistered.

Neither of those types seems an ideal choice for a large-scale human-trafficking operation.

I feel for the owners of the P210, who are now going to be harassed by armies of conspiracy theorists though no fault of their own.
Old 07-12-2019, 01:43 PM
RandolphB
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IMBoring25 View Post
N numbers are recycled when planes are deregistered (usually due to becoming unairworthy or being exported and re-registered in another country). Multiple simultaneous uses of a registration would be irregular. Records show the P210 was registered after the OV-10 was deregistered.

Neither of those types seems an ideal choice for a large-scale human-trafficking operation.

I feel for the owners of the P210, who are now going to be harassed by armies of conspiracy theorists though no fault of their own.

Some of the confusion probably comes from two things: There aren't two aircraft with the same N Number at the same time....and for much of the history of the FAA numbers were not re-used unless requested with a good reason. The FAA has been running a huge effort to purge all the destroyed and missing aircraft out of it's database, so numbers are now finally getting re-used a great deal more....as they are seen as available.
Old 07-12-2019, 01:50 PM
F4Gary
CF Senior Member

Received 121 Likes on 85 Posts
2018 C3 of Year Finalist
2016 C3 of the Year Finalist

Would love to own an OV-10.
Old 07-12-2019, 02:22 PM
RJ-92
CF Senior Member

Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by RandolphB View Post
Some of the confusion probably comes from two things: There aren't two aircraft with the same N Number at the same time....and for much of the history of the FAA numbers were not re-used unless requested with a good reason. The FAA has been running a huge effort to purge all the destroyed and missing aircraft out of it's database, so numbers are now finally getting re-used a great deal more....as they are seen as available.

Thanks for the follow up guys! As I understand none of it just forund it interesting and figured there might be a reasonable answer!
Old 07-12-2019, 03:10 PM
RandolphB
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by F4Gary View Post

You're in luck! An entire squadron of them is being restored at Chino as we speak. First one got airborne a few weeks ago. Last I heard, a number will be up for sale to the public. Their Facebook page is more current than the website. Buy it Gary!
Old 07-13-2019, 12:36 AM
F4Gary
CF Senior Member

Received 121 Likes on 85 Posts
2018 C3 of Year Finalist
2016 C3 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by RandolphB View Post
You're in luck! An entire squadron of them is being restored at Chino as we speak. First one got airborne a few weeks ago. Last I heard, a number will be up for sale to the public. Their Facebook page is more current than the website. Buy it Gary!
Actually, 1/3 of my FAC Squadron at Bergstrom AFB (23rd TASS) was OV-10s so I got a few rides in them. I unfortunately was stuck in the lowly O-2 Suck and Blow.
It did get me enough hrs for my ATP though.
Old 07-13-2019, 02:36 AM
krackenvette
CF Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 15 Posts

Clinton drug running from the Escobar days....
Old 07-13-2019, 07:10 AM
Grumpy
MONARTOR

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-17-'18
NCM Sinkhole Donor

indeed
Old 07-13-2019, 07:45 AM
RandolphB
CF Senior Member

Actually, 1/3 of my FAC Squadron at Bergstrom AFB (23rd TASS) was OV-10s so I got a few rides in them. I unfortunately was stuck in the lowly O-2 Suck and Blow.
It did get me enough hrs for my ATP though.

There was a group in Lakeland about 10 years ago searching out O-2 airframes and rebuilding them back to airworthy and paint schemes correct. Used to see them flying everywhere, now it seems nobody knows what I am talking about.....!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pilots, Why would Epstein's tail # be assigned to multiple aircraft, including belong

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: