CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   !!! C6 RATTLES NOISE GUIDE !!! - All Members Feedback Required (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/1988348-c6-rattles-noise-guide-all-members-feedback-required.html)

ohmy 04-05-2008 11:37 AM

lots of creaks and groans here - most due to the top and side windows area....

the garage queens out there will not get nearly as many complaints, and most of the vettes out there are garage queens.

and, some owners are more forgiving than others.

also,depending where you're from, the roads in different parts of the country vary incredibly and the car does seem to be temperature sensitive.

when I was in FL, my vette acted like an angel, no creaks or groans, when I returned to NJ so did the noises. funny but true. maybe the car just doesnt like commuting to work and prefers to be on vacation, like its owner, stress makes it cranky...

Vette_DD 04-05-2008 11:41 AM

The top creaked a little on my 05, even after the adhesive injection, but no rattles. Kept it for 19K+ miles.

No rattles or creaking noises in my 06, 10K miles so far.

cthusker 04-05-2008 11:45 AM

9100 miles and ZERO rattles or squeaks... so FAR! I sure hope it stays that way as the car ages gracefully.... :rofl:

Brauch 04-05-2008 11:46 AM

I have a lot of creeks and pops from the roof. I am going to buy the E-Clips today. Also, I was having a weird popping noise from under the car as I went over speed bumps so I took it in and the dealer said that GM put out a notification on the sway bar links a while back and it turned out to be the problem.

Purdue 04-05-2008 12:18 PM

I have 21K miles and YES I have rattles. To those that say they don't hear any noises all I can say is you are very lucky, as the noises are very irritating!!!
  • I had a creak and rattle on my driver B-Pillar....dealer replaced entire section (fixed)
  • I had creak on my passenger side B-Pillar at the point where it meets the halo...stuffed some felt inside (fixed)
  • Have a rattle ever so often on my driver door...drives me crazy!
  • Have dash rattle that occurs maybe once a week.
  • Of course the roof makes all types of noises when stowed in the hatch area :willy: .

piva242 04-05-2008 01:12 PM

My door panels shake and rattle with the radio volume turned up, especially when the bass kicks in.

I don't have a solution to this except turn the volume or bass down.

jimmyb 04-05-2008 01:34 PM

I have a 2008 convertible with a rattle around the back end of the drivers door or the top assembly. I took off the interior door panel and couldn't find anything amiss, so maybe it's in the tonneau area. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Jimmy

PS. My 2005 convertible never had any rattles.

keith5 04-05-2008 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by obaidan (Post 1564874639)
No one has rattle issue?!!!

My C6 Vert has 1/2 the rattles of my C5 Coupe.:thumbs:
My C5 Coupe had 1/2 the rattles of my C4 Coupe.:thumbs:
My C4 Coupe had 1/2 the rattles of my C3 Coupe.:thumbs:

I still however have a driver side door rattle when certain songs
with alot of bass are played.:(

:thumbs: :cheers:

SWVET 04-05-2008 01:40 PM

no rattles ride solid.

qcdoc1 04-05-2008 01:46 PM

2006 14K ...feel lucky ....no noise....:thumbs:

MADinAK 04-05-2008 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by SWVET (Post 1564877958)
no rattles ride solid.

:iagree:

Even hitting the potholes I get no rattles.

spinalator 04-05-2008 01:53 PM

Mine is a rattle trap. Everything squeeks. I just turn up the radio. Plan on bringing it in for service soon, but I doubt they will address any of the rattles. Never have in the past.

dvilin 04-05-2008 02:42 PM

:) I have no rattles at all and have to say how impressed I am with the ride and quality of the Corvette.

Vettlldo 04-05-2008 04:08 PM

I had a severe creaking noise coming from behind the drivers seat that got progressively worse. I thought it was related to the power top assembly but it turns out it was a problem with a support brace on top of the frame that either split it's welds or was never welded at the factory.

Here is my post. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...5&postcount=54 Look at the starter thread for a description of the actual problem along with the pictures. I was going to take a photo of the work order but my camera died on me.

bobburk 04-05-2008 04:19 PM

I love my '05 coupe but the undeneath rattle and bumpy sounds drive me crazy. Only happens on local city streets, not on "fast" highways. New sway bars installed, which may be causing some of the problems. Chevy garage can not seem to help but admit to the noise. Any solutions??? Thanks.

Red Cell 04-05-2008 04:43 PM

No rattles.

I do have a "squeak" (named it "Ben") from time to time and also have the creaking top.

Red Cell.:cool:

carpe dm 04-05-2008 06:45 PM

Our '08 coupe has some terrible dash noises.... hate it! :(

quacktheduck 04-05-2008 06:50 PM

No rattles here with almost 10k on my 07 in less than a year. The roof did squeak and creak but I did the e-clip solution that mrtoner came up with and it's been good since. Only remaining issue is the windows squeak a bit but that's in colder temps only. Actual rattle rattles...none yet.

mikeyc6 04-05-2008 07:20 PM

Had the top pop issue: was just a loose rear top latch. Fixed it in 10 minutes with one full turn of the hex adjustment screw. Only other rattle was the 6M shifter buzz. Never bothered fixing it: just didn't bother me that much. Those were the only two "rattles" in 3.5 years of ownership.

Mike

bgergely1 04-05-2008 08:47 PM

no rattles.