CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   How you know you have a pretty hot car (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2409668-how-you-know-you-have-a-pretty-hot-car.html)

Bumblebee06 08-25-2009 04:36 PM

Went to Hooters for a business lunch/happy hour. Pulled in the front because it wasn't very crowded yet. Three of the waitresses that usually help ran out and asked to go for a ride around the building.

Figured this was an opportune time to say I was tight on time so I only had time to do it once. So they started to pout and I said they could all go...

One hopped in the passenger seat, the other sat right between the seats on the console, the third raised my driving wheel and said she wanted to shift and slid onto my lap favoring the left side. Keep in mind this is an A6 so she wanted to play with the paddles.

Half way around the building the one in the middle grabbed my leg and tickled it and the car did a 180 with all of them screaming. Immediately followed with... LETS DO THAT AGAIN...

Moral of the story is that it doesn't take much to impress young girls with fast toys. Whether it is long or short term everything has a cost, just some are cheaper :cheers:

Bumblebee06 08-25-2009 04:49 PM

Story two...

Was cruising on a nice evening after work with the wife. A pretty hot young woman pulled up next to me on the passenger side at a stoplight.

She was grinning and flirty as could be, the wife was not happy. Then the light turned green and I took off pretty fast to get some distance.

Hit the next light and guess who pulls up net to me again. She stuck her head out and said... I see you like fast pretty things, want to trade in the classic for a new model.

The wife chose to answer on my behalf... You may be a newer model but from what I can tell you have more miles than every car at this light.

the1n_Only 08-25-2009 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bumblebee06 (Post 1571265616)
Story two...

Was cruising on a nice evening after work with the wife. A pretty hot young woman pulled up next to me on the passenger side at a stoplight.

She was grinning and flirty as could be, the wife was not happy. Then the light turned green and I took off pretty fast to get some distance.

Hit the next light and guess who pulls up net to me again. She stuck her head out and said... I see you like fast pretty things, want to trade in the classic for a new model.

The wife chose to answer on my behalf... You may be a newer model but from what I can tell you have more miles than every car at this light.

Ha Ha thats classic! :rofl:

inthehunt2 08-25-2009 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by the1n_Only (Post 1571266293)
Ha Ha thats classic! :rofl:

:iagree: Now that's a good one! Chalk one up for your wife! Love the attitude! :cheers:

Leprkon 08-25-2009 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by leatherneck21 (Post 1571263316)
Was driving on I40 the other day and a honda pulled up along side me with some (college?) girls in it. They were all smiles and the 3 passengers pulled up their shirts and man let me tell you what a nice eyefull I got!

similar story - I was driving the T-Bird, minivan full, none over 10 years old :toetap:

darkmercury 08-25-2009 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Bumblebee06 (Post 1571265474)
Went to Hooters for a business lunch/happy hour. Pulled in the front because it wasn't very crowded yet. Three of the waitresses that usually help ran out and asked to go for a ride around the building.

Figured this was an opportune time to say I was tight on time so I only had time to do it once. So they started to pout and I said they could all go...

One hopped in the passenger seat, the other sat right between the seats on the console, the third raised my driving wheel and said she wanted to shift and slid onto my lap favoring the left side. Keep in mind this is an A6 so she wanted to play with the paddles.

Half way around the building the one in the middle grabbed my leg and tickled it and the car did a 180 with all of them screaming. Immediately followed with... LETS DO THAT AGAIN...

Moral of the story is that it doesn't take much to impress young girls with fast toys. Whether it is long or short term everything has a cost, just some are cheaper :cheers:

I LOVE IT!!!! :lol::cheers:

GotVett? 08-25-2009 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by leatherneck21 (Post 1571263316)
Was driving on I40 the other day and a honda pulled up along side me with some (college?) girls in it. They were all smiles and the 3 passengers pulled up their shirts and man let me tell you what a nice eyefull I got!

Another episode of "Girls Gone Wild" . . . for vettes.

GotVett? 08-25-2009 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Bumblebee06 (Post 1571265616)
Story two...

Good for her. Alot of wives would have knocked the crap out you for just listening. :lol:

cmonkey713 08-25-2009 08:40 PM

So I was stopped at a light on the way home from a Corvette Club meeting last week. A young guy in a Honda or such pulls next to me an d sez "that is the most beautiful car that I have ever seen, what is it?". So I tell him it is a Corvette!. He sez Wow! I would have never have guessed". I think it was a complement. :eek:

Rusler John 08-25-2009 10:47 PM

I was invited to a "posh party", where I work. I'm the restoration carpenter at a surviving "Gold Coast Mansion", on Long Island. So, I hope you know where I'm coming from. Anyway, I decided to move my 07' Vette to the front courtyard, where I could keep my eye on it, away from the valet parkers. When I got out of the car, two gentlemen asked me how I liked my "ride'. I said- it's the best bang for your buck, you can't beat it. One of them said, Is it new? It looks new.
I said, no! It's an 07', I'm going to sell it and get a 2010. He gave me his personal card and said to call him when I sell. I told him I would.
BTW- He happened to be on the board of directors to the place where I work and a CFO for Bessemer Trust Corp. I guess I'll give him a call, if I sell it.

phileaglesfan 08-25-2009 10:53 PM

With AO you have both extremes. Some girls almost drool over the car trying to convince their date that he needs to buy them one or you have some that don't like the color. One stated yellow and white were her next least favorite colors. For the rude ones I just ask them if their name is on the registration. Then they get back in their Camry or whatever.

POACHR 08-25-2009 11:51 PM

Haha great stories!

silverarrowZ 08-26-2009 08:55 AM

^ i agree:D

Weasel 08-26-2009 10:16 AM

When you are getting gas, or at the 7-11, or something like that and you are around people that don't know you, you are pre-judged to be approacable by all. You are automatically considered respectable and folks feel free to smile, look you in the eye, and talk to you. That is a very humbling experience that owners of other kinds of vehicles will never know, though they may also be good.

Red Cell 08-26-2009 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Pylons (Post 1571261773)
I'm a college professor...first day of classes today...one of the students I've had before asks "do you still have the same car?" I said "yes." Another student, who I haven't had in class before said "is that your red Corvette?" :cheers:

Great story. Thanks for sharing.

Red Cell.:cool:

JDC1999 08-26-2009 12:09 PM

Just yesterday on the way to the gym I stopped at 7-11 to pick-up some lottery tickets and there are a couple of high school girls getting into the car next to me and the better looking of the two said, "that is a beautiful car, I want one just like it." That was the first one in a while, more often its the women that are my mom's age......nothing wrong with that, just not my thing!

One Bad Vette 08-26-2009 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by GotVett? (Post 1571267135)
Good for her. Alot of wives would have knocked the crap out you for just listening. :lol:

You know my wife???? :smash:

bimmerborn 08-26-2009 06:46 PM

One car critic described C6 as "Lust on Wheels"

GotVett? 08-26-2009 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by One Bad Vette (Post 1571280385)
You know my wife???? :smash:

:lol: No, but I've seen a few do it to their sig others. :willy:

carguy1965 08-26-2009 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Weasel (Post 1571274016)
When you are getting gas, or at the 7-11, or something like that and you are around people that don't know you, you are pre-judged to be approacable by all. You are automatically considered respectable and folks feel free to smile, look you in the eye, and talk to you. That is a very humbling experience that owners of other kinds of vehicles will never know, though they may also be good.

I have the same experience all the time with my 65 Impala SS as well. I dont think I have ever put gas in it that at least one person didnt start talking to me at the pump.. Sometimes you end up with a whole crowd, and you get the raise the hood stuff etc.. One of the best parts of driving it around, everyone is your friend when you stop somewhere. :thumbs: