CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-tech-performance-101/)
-   -   Dyno'd today...great numbers!! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-tech-performance/2426344-dynod-today-great-numbers.html)

Corvettes of Dallas - Parts 09-16-2009 05:13 PM

Great #'s!

Corvettes of Dallas

dsp300c 09-16-2009 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by ChopShop1 (Post 1571517458)
Why, the numbers should be higher on the dyno jet, and my tuner offered to pay for me to make a pull anywhere I want to if I think the numbers are off???????????????????? I can't believe how pissy a bunch of gear head guys can get..its like trying to socialize with a bunch of women

i didn't criticize your numbers...i am just telling to go to dyno jet b/c that is what alot of guys use on the forum...all i am saying...it will help with the skeptics...so calm down

ChopShop1 09-16-2009 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by dsp300c (Post 1571517804)
i didn't criticize your numbers...i am just telling to go to dyno jet b/c that is what alot of guys use on the forum...all i am saying...it will help with the skeptics...so calm down

No problem, sorry about that...Its just that people on the forum have been giving me a hard time all day:willy:

turboffr 09-16-2009 07:06 PM

wow, good numbers.

I have a similar setup as you and only mustered 378 on a MUSTANG DYNO. It was a little on the rich side (11.5) so I'm thinking 385 was probably the most I could have gotten.

I just put on a SPIN Ported Ls2 & TB and plan to head back to the dyno soon. I was hoping for something in the 390's with the ported intake and retune.

06 MN6 Z51
Kooks 1 3/4 with catted x-pipe
Borla Stingers
Callaway Honker

Wonder what value they input into the dyno to calculate the load. I believe that would make a difference in the numbers. I think they entered 3500 for mine.

AirBusPilot 09-16-2009 07:10 PM

Why, the numbers should be higher on the dyno jet, and my tuner offered to pay for me to make a pull anywhere I want to if I think the numbers are off???????????????????? I can't believe how pissy a bunch of gear head guys can get..its like trying to socialize with a bunch of women

Welcome to CF. Though I don't really see that kind of behavior in this thread. It all depends on who you are around here that determines whether you'll get questioned for results that fall way outside the norm. And God help you if you question certain individuals in particular around here, despite how incredible the claims.:rolleyes:

In your case, it does fall way outside the norm for a mustang dyno, though I'm not sure if the mustang dyno has a setting that converts those numbers to dynojet numbers. But, who cares, I've never been one that thought dyno numbers meant much when trying to compare different cars on different dynos. The only comparison that is valid is your before and after dyno results. And what it does at the track.

dsp300c 09-16-2009 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by ChopShop1 (Post 1571518991)
No problem, sorry about that...Its just that people on the forum have been giving me a hard time all day:willy:

it's cool...just find a shop that has a dyno jet around you and do a couple pulls

k0bun 09-16-2009 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by ChopShop1 (Post 1571518991)

I don't think anyone is giving you a hard time, we're just trying to show you what the norm is. I know you didn't take offense to my post in your previous thread and I hope you don't here either because that is absolutely NOT my intent.

It is generally accepted that a Mustang Dyno will read slightly lower than a Dynojet. Even on a Dynojet the numbers for those mods seem high. So imagine when you post them from a dyno that is known to read even lower. That is where the skepticism is coming from. Your set up is pretty basic and I don't think you'd be hard pressed to find another LS2 C6 with the same mods not putting down the power you are. The only other variable is the tuner. I don't know this particular shop so I can't comment on their abilities but we have some of the best, if not the best, LS tuners in the world right here on this site cranking out dozens of cars a year. Check the stats for some of their customer cars and you'll see why there is a discrepancy. It usually takes atleast a FAST/ported intake to get those numbers out of a CAI/Exhaust LS2 and more commonly a cam(no FAST). If you were to line up with one of these cars making the same power as you (Dynojet), you'd most likely get beat.(driver dependent) This is why I hate arguing dyno sheets. There is just too much BS to try and prove either way.

So with that said I have no doubt that your car feels much more powerful, because it is. You picked a good base of mods and they will show improvements both on the dyno and the track/street. The results are just not what is commonly seen so of course people will make call outs. It's nothing personal, we just want to learn and understand....well most of us. Anyway, I don't want to keep coming into your threads and beating this horse so I'll end my side of this discussion here. My piece is said and I hope you enjoy your Vette.

NOW SUPERCHARGE THAT BITCH! :D

ChopShop1 09-16-2009 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by k0bun (Post 1571519228)
I don't think anyone is giving you a hard time, we're just trying to show you what the norm is. I know you didn't take offense to my post in your previous thread and I hope you don't here either because that is absolutely NOT my intent.

It is generally accepted that a Mustang Dyno will read slightly lower than a Dynojet. Even on a Dynojet the numbers for those mods seem high. So imagine when you post them from a dyno that is known to read even lower. That is where the skepticism is coming from. Your set up is pretty basic and I don't think you'd be hard pressed to find another LS2 C6 with the same mods not putting down the power you are. The only other variable is the tuner. I don't know this particular shop so I can't comment on their abilities but we have some of the best, if not the best, LS tuners in the world right here on this site cranking out dozens of cars a year. Check the stats for some of their customer cars and you'll see why there is a discrepancy. It usually takes atleast a FAST/ported intake to get those numbers out of a CAI/Exhaust LS2 and more commonly a cam(no FAST). If you were to line up with one of these cars making the same power as you (Dynojet), you'd most likely get beat.(driver dependent) This is why I hate arguing dyno sheets. There is just too much BS to try and prove either way.

So with that said I have no doubt that your car feels much more powerful, because it is. You picked a good base of mods and they will show improvements both on the dyno and the track/street. The results are just not what is commonly seen so of course people will make call outs. It's nothing personal, we just want to learn and understand....well most of us. Anyway, I don't want to keep coming into your threads and beating this horse so I'll end my side of this discussion here. My piece is said and I hope you enjoy your Vette.

NOW SUPERCHARGE THAT BITCH! :D

Much appreciated. Thanks for the explanationa nd the good wishes. I can't wait to supercharge it.

I just felt like everyone saying.."theres no way you made those numbers" is not the same as saying "hey those are high, how well do you know the tuner". I guess I get defensive about things I hold dear to me. I do see some guys with similar numbers and mods though.

I talked to some big name companies around the country and they say my shop is 1st class and they send cars there from all over the country. I still contend that a shop, like the one I use, does not have to be all over the forum to be the best.

Thanks to all for the positive comments. :thumbs:

CHARGED UP 09-16-2009 07:35 PM

:thumbs: Enjoy the improved performance !

Sparo2 09-16-2009 07:59 PM

Great #s man.
I've been meaning to get my car dynoed but i'd figure I'll wait till I get my SpinFAST before i do. Besides, I have heads & cam on the way as we speak. I just want to know how much mines puts down w/ boltons only.

ChopShop1 09-16-2009 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Sparo2 (Post 1571519852)
Great #s man.
I've been meaning to get my car dynoed but i'd figure I'll wait till I get my SpinFAST before i do. Besides, I have heads & cam on the way as we speak. I just want to know how much mines puts down w/ boltons only.

Nice...I am sure you will love the car with heads/cam/fast..Its sure to be a quick car.

06C6FVR 09-16-2009 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by ChopShop1 (Post 1571508253)
I had my 06 mn6 coupe dyno today and I am impressed.

Lg 1 3/4, halltech intake, bullets, and ported t/b.....409hp and 390ft lbs......ON A MUSTANG DYNO...

From what I have read, these numbers seem to be really good, any thoughts???...The car feels great and I can't wait to add more.

Not to start a pissing match, but ask if those are SAE,STD or uncorrected numbers. If it was a cool day out, and they gave you uncorrected numbers, then it would make much more sense. As someone previously stated, your numbers for such a basic setup are around 20-30 RWHP more than the norm. Especially from a mustang dyno. You can even go to the LG website and they have many other cars just like yours listed and none of them are putting down the kind of numbers you reported. I would have it tested on another dyno, and make sure you ask for SAE results, as STD will usually be around 10hp more, and uncorrected can go from 50 less to 50 more depending on temperature and humidity. Something else that can affect dyno's is the temp reading that is punched in to get SAE numbers, or blowing into the dyno thermometer reader to increase temp and humidity to change the correction factor.
I am not saying that any of that was done, just hopefully explaining how the numbers can be skewed.

ChopShop1 09-16-2009 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by 06C6FVR (Post 1571520539)
Not to start a pissing match, but ask if those are SAE,STD or uncorrected numbers. If it was a cool day out, and they gave you uncorrected numbers, then it would make much more sense. As someone previously stated, your numbers for such a basic setup are around 20-30 RWHP more than the norm. Especially from a mustang dyno. You can even go to the LG website and they have many other cars just like yours listed and none of them are putting down the kind of numbers you reported. I would have it tested on another dyno, and make sure you ask for SAE results, as STD will usually be around 10hp more, and uncorrected can go from 50 less to 50 more depending on temperature and humidity. Something else that can affect dyno's is the temp reading that is punched in to get SAE numbers, or blowing into the dyno thermometer reader to increase temp and humidity to change the correction factor.
I am not saying that any of that was done, just hopefully explaining how the numbers can be skewed.

Thanks for taking the time to post a nice response. The numbers are SAE corrected numbers, and it was by no means a cold day. It was about 82deg and not the most humid day, but not the most comfortable either. Thanks again

06C6FVR 09-16-2009 09:33 PM

what was the correction factor?

ChopShop1 09-16-2009 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by 06C6FVR (Post 1571521178)

Where on the sheet do i find that???

LSCHLEM 09-16-2009 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by 06C6FVR (Post 1571521178)

I believe the op said the numbers were SAE CORRECTED. He did not mention the smoothing like 1 to 5. If the OP posted the DYNO SHEET
much would be clearly understood. Generally highly ported units usually
( FULL BOLTONS) with ported throttle body and ported oem or more particularly PORTED FASTS usually post a higher RWTQ number than RWHP
which shows the disparity in in HP/TQ at 409 vs 390 explains his setup to some degree. In most instances if you put a mustang dynoed car on a DYNOJET you can expect a higher reading. If the OP would put his car on a DYNOJET he may just have a record.

ChopShop1 09-16-2009 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by LSCHLEM (Post 1571521715)
I believe the op said the numbers were SAE CORRECTED. He did not mention the smoothing like 1 to 5. If the OP posted the DYNO SHEET
much would be clearly understood. Generally highly ported units usually
( FULL BOLTONS) with ported throttle body and ported oem or more particularly PORTED FASTS usually post a higher RWTQ number than RWHP
which shows the disparity in in HP/TQ at 409 vs 390 explains his setup to some degree. In most instances if you put a mustang dynoed car on a DYNOJET you can expect a higher reading. If the OP would put his car on a DYNOJET he may just have a record.

I would love to. I will try to have my seceratary scan and pos the sheet for me tomorrow. Where else in the CT area, New Haven county prefferably, can I put the car on a dyno jet???? Thanks

LSCHLEM 09-16-2009 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by ChopShop1 (Post 1571521785)
I would love to. I will try to have my seceratary scan and pos the sheet for me tomorrow. Where else in the CT area, New Haven county prefferably, can I put the car on a dyno jet???? Thanks

WELL ITS NOT JUST A MATTER OF PUTING THE CAR ON THE DYNOJET. You would want to at least have your tuner accompany you. He may want to tweek it as temperatures are dropping in the N.E. If you can get the SHEET posted soon you would have a first line validation as to what happened on the DYNO.

FloydSummerOf68 09-17-2009 11:26 AM

Only person that was getting pissy is you, from the looks of that post.

My point was that your numbers are VERY high for a mustang dyno and that your car should put out incredible times at the track if you're actually making those numbers, because dyno numbers are good for nothing other than tuning.

What were your numbers on the first pull when he put it on the dyno before tuning?

ChopShop1 09-17-2009 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68 (Post 1571526702)
Only person that was getting pissy is you, from the looks of that post.

My point was that your numbers are VERY high for a mustang dyno and that your car should put out incredible times at the track if you're actually making those numbers, because dyno numbers are good for nothing other than tuning.

What were your numbers on the first pull when he put it on the dyno before tuning?

I am not getting pissy, just annoyed at people talking to me like I am a fool and know nothing about what kind of power the car can make just because I am making more than most people.

The first run he did was after the street tune, it made 390hp and I forget how much torque. no baseline before, I had already installed everything(except t/b) before I brought him the car.

The only other thing I se on the dyno sheet is a spot where it shows filter level at 9. Not sure what that means