CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   C6 and the l.a. Auto show (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2951887-c6-and-the-l-a-auto-show.html)

R&L's C6 11-18-2011 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by tpapablo (Post 1579251418)
I am absolutely fine with the interior. I think it is nice.

:iagree: :cheers:

carnut08 11-18-2011 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by tpapablo (Post 1579251418)
I am absolutely fine with the interior. I think it is nice.

:iagree:

DSOMC6 11-18-2011 08:00 PM

:beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse:

I purchased the car for acceleration, cornering and braking performance. Nothing more nothing less. Oh and it looks kind of kewl.
Maybe those that complain about the interior should be looking at a lexus.

HummelS 11-18-2011 08:27 PM

I love it the car mags have adopted the "unsupportive seats" mantra in reviews of a car that consistenly out-performs the competition on the track. So it's not like they're sliding around driving on 60's bench seats.

You wanna go out and spend $10K for leather Recaros, or Caravaggio seats? Be my guest! I am just fine with my 2011 GS 'vert 3LT!

mpuzach 11-18-2011 10:49 PM

Was the ZR1 at the show Carlisle Blue? If so, it sounds like they might be the same 2 Corvettes that were at the Seattle auto show a couple of weeks ago.

MisterMidlifeCrisis 11-19-2011 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by mpuzach (Post 1579255586)
Was the ZR1 at the show Carlisle Blue? If so, it sounds like they might be the same 2 Corvettes that were at the Seattle auto show a couple of weeks ago.

Judging from how few of the cars I wanted to see were actually at the Seattle show, and how sparsely decorated and furnished everything was, I'd guess there was little involvement at the corporate level from any of the manufacturers and the vehicles were probably all from local stock.

300Z51 11-19-2011 02:14 AM

Wow, a guess a guy can't give his honest opinion on here. I love my C6 just like the rest of you and I'm sure the OP as well. However, I agree with the OP in that there is definitely room for improvement in the C6 interior. Because of the Vette's many other attributes, the interior is not a deal breaker, but I have to admit, I often experience what the OP experienced at the car show. I often get into to other vehicles that cost half as much as my C6, and I envy those vehicles' interiors. Heck, I even rented a top of the line Chevy Malibu recently and was more impressed by its interior, and overall quality and feel than I am in the C6. I can add though in the C6's defense, that we are talking about a car that was first introduced in late 2004, and while its interior was considered decent for that time, here in 2011, it is a bit behind.

coolsrt8 11-19-2011 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by 300Z51 (Post 1579256497)
Wow, a guess a guy can't give his honest opinion on here. I love my C6 just like the rest of you and I'm sure the OP as well. However, I agree with the OP in that there is definitely room for improvement in the C6 interior. Because of the Vette's many other attributes, the interior is not a deal breaker, but I have to admit, I often experience what the OP experienced at the car show. I often get into to other vehicles that cost half as much as my C6, and I envy those vehicles' interiors. Heck, I even rented a top of the line Chevy Malibu recently and was more impressed by its interior, and overall quality and feel than I am in the C6. I can add though in the C6's defense, that we are talking about a car that was first introduced in late 2004, and while its interior was considered decent for that time, here in 2011, it is a bit behind.

I have had a lot of comments on my car, never has anyone commented on the interior

Racer 11-19-2011 11:56 AM

Yes, I added a Apsis steering wheel, but other than that I love my ZR1's two tone 4LT interior.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Q...I/s800/SW2.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-E...s800/ZR1-7.jpg

Is it as nice as my F430's? No. Did it cost as much as my F430? No.

cclive 11-19-2011 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by SinisterC6 (Post 1579252581)
Nice interior or fast car, decisions decisions.

Am I crazy that I like how this is laid out?

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...r/DSCF1862.jpg

I wonder if that shifter boot is Nappa leather????:D:D

WarDriver 11-19-2011 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by harlanmott3 (Post 1579252654)
So what I'm hearing is your rearview mirror doesn't shake like mine? I honestly have to use my side mirrors. I thought it was all vettes, maybe its just mine?

It is a common problem, but it's not supposed to shake. Normally the C6 mirror is solid as a rock, but the way the mirror attaches to its mount is poorly designed and easy to break. If yours shakes, that means something is borked; get it repaired or replaced.

As for the C6 interior, I have no complaints. It's an order of magnitude better than the C5, and more or less on par with the Acura TL I used to have.

sprtplt 11-19-2011 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by hiperf406 (Post 1579252176)
:iagree: Buy something else then.

Going by Corvette sales figures, many are.

cclive 11-19-2011 07:37 PM

My nephew just sent me a pic of the ZR1 at the show...it is orange.:thumbs:

not08crmanymore 11-19-2011 08:18 PM

:iagree: GM has gotten away with SUB PAR interior decor for decades in the Corvette and now I see why! If all the people posting in this thread that say they are happy with their interior and could care less if it improves,why in hell ahould GM improve it?I'd say the interior materials of the Corvette are more what the interior should be in a freakin yugo! Leather seats?How about that bolster that wears out from getting in and out?Spend 100 grand for a ZR1??Yes,and they'll throw in that VINYL SHIFT BOOT!!I mean really,they can only hide behind that "well,it out performs a car twice it's price..." nonsense for so long.So what it out performs the other cars???If you are going to charge me 50-60-100 grand give me an interior that is worthy of that price because what comes out of the factory is not!! I'm not blind nor stupid and I can't fool myself into thinking that the Vette interior is somehow worthy of the Corvette at the latest price point.This car would be fine at 35 grand.Who's care about the plastic this and no support seat that?At 50-60-100 grand however,I'll complain all I want untill somebody at GM listens!!Apparently they are, too, because ED WELBURN and others have stated that the interior isn't what it could be or should be!I've loved every Vette I've owned over the last decade but that damn interior is the stuff JOKES are made of!Don't even let me start on the crappy seats that need my knee against the door to hold me in place...I give it all the props in the world for the performance of the car and the raw V8 grunt but that alone is not worth upwards of 50-60-100 grand!:toetap: p.s. Why the hell should I have to spend thousands extra at DOWN SOUTH VETTES or APSIS to make the interior the way it should have been in the first place???And no,the 4LT isn't even close in quality to what those guys put out!But you do still get that vinyl shift boot!!:thumbs:

Always Red Dave 11-19-2011 08:21 PM

I remember all the mags saying how GOOD the C6 interior was compared to the C5 back in 2004. I guess I am just a MIDDLE class guy because I am very happy with my interior and I dont have the 4LT interior upgrade.:yesnod:

Cyber Greg 11-20-2011 01:31 AM

>>We saw Porsche Caymans and Boxters, Lotus Evoras, Asian cars, Bimmers, Caddys, new nissan Z's.<<

The Cayman can easily get in the $70K range and doesn't have the performance level of the Corvette. A Boxster can get in the mid $60's too and again doesn't have the performance level of the Vette. A Lotus Evora S is around $90K and again doesn't have the performance of the Vette. The Z really isn't in the same class and the M3 is over $70+K and close to the Vette in performance. So for the real world price of a GS 2LT (meaning not the sticker price but what people are really paying for them) what car has a better interior and equal performance. I'm asking because I think I would be very interested in purchasing that car.

KibunInc 11-20-2011 01:41 AM

I think the interior on a vette looks nice but there are some cheap parts on it. Every car manufacturer cuts corners somewhere and that is where they do it on the vette. For the price I love the performance and looks of the vette. By the way I am on my 6th vette.

Prime Target 11-20-2011 01:44 AM

I woulda bought my Z if it had soapboxes to sit on. Can you say 505 HP LS7???????

ngroat7007 11-20-2011 01:50 AM

I love Corvettes (miss my c3) and want to pick up a c6 within the next couple days. I love them but I completely agree about the interior. Its not the flashiest, its not the most modern or the most eye catching but I don't care and neither do you obviously with 10 corvettes.

The exterior is amazing and all the money that could have been wasted on the interior has been put to better use under the hood where it belongs. As long as it has NAV thats enough for me. I figure if its that big a deal down the road I can get the interior redone.

CrvtBB 11-20-2011 09:16 AM

I see both points here. I think a few touches here and there could improve the interior (like a decently pladded console cover). However, the question is how many buyers would be willing to pay for it? Unless I'm mistaken, I don't see a lot of 4LTs on the road or in the dealerships compared to 2LT and 3LTs. This should be an indicator of how much Corvette buyers value interior accomodations in their price point decision and I'm sure Chevrolet is doing the math.

I think the interior is adequate. Not great, but certainly not bad. It is comfortable, functional and durable and there are plenty of personalization options in the aftermarket to suit your needs. I also question the durability of the "nicer" interiors noted in the $30K cars. I'd rather have a plain but functional interior that holds up to wear and tear over a nicer-looking or feeling interior that starts falling apart after a couple of years.