CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   There goes driving the vette for a while... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3000340-there-goes-driving-the-vette-for-a-while.html)

Jimmy C-6 02-12-2012 09:51 PM

You are right Wolfy, I have a patient who is on a county road crew and he said they are dying for OT, and the stock piles are way up. Along those lines, we flew out of Detroit 2 Fridays ago, 35 and sunny at 7:30 in the morning, and they De-iced the plane. I swear they were just giving the de-ice crews some work. That would just be so Detroit, the land of the UAW and the job pool.

HOXXOH 02-12-2012 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Torchsport (Post 1579998053)
:skep:

I know!:nopity

:iagree: It cooled off here from the 80's to barely 70's today and the forecast includes rain and more cooling. :ack: When will it all end? sob! sob!

TKgs2010 02-13-2012 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by wolfdogs (Post 1579995531)
so we been lucky as duck with 4 wings this winter so far... low and behold.. from 60 down to below 30 this weekend, with a threat.... now, just a threat mind you... of 1/2" of snow. we'll...the snow fell Sat... did even accumulate........ I was at the gym but drove the Focus when it did it. No biggie.

Well, today, we go up north to eat lunch with the mother in law in the Yukon........and the roads have enough chemicals on them they are white as a sheet, dust flying off the road with the wind and cars... enough stuff down you would have thought we got 20+" 's of snow or something... WTF??????????? was DOT needed to reduce their stock pile and pay drivers overtime?.........dahm.

Vette will stay couped up now at least till we get some hard rains and chit dries out... and they say 50's again for this week.

Almost made driving all winter long with a long break.. oh well.

:smash:

:eek:We got about 3" here today too, temps down into the teens. Good part is that it will be back up in the upper 40's by Tuesday, and stay for the rest of the week at least. With all the salt and liquid brine they use on the roads here, I'm still looking at a few good April rains to wash all the crap away before I put the plates back on mine.:yesnod:

rayk 02-13-2012 12:26 AM

It's been real nice around here. I was dumb enough to take it out to the store and then got tempted to go for a ride. On a county two lane road my night vision got zapped by a oncoming pickup with bright lights and after he passed me there was suddenly two big deep walking across the road in front of me. No chance to brake, just yanked the wheel to the right to miss the deer at the centerline and got lucky as I missed the one on the right side too.

I couldn't believe I missed both of them. I thought for sure I was going to hit at least one.

:yesnod:

Jimmy W1 02-13-2012 12:49 AM

We had about an inch in the past two days. I think they pile the salt on the road because if they don't use it, they won't get their federal grants to get more the next year. And then when the big snows hit one winter- they won't have enough. So, I'll just wait another month or so and get the Vette out of the garage then.

C7Joy 02-13-2012 06:57 AM

Feeling your pain. My car has been under the cover for 10 weeks now. There has been little snow but that white salt dust is all over the roads and that has killed any thoughts I've had about taking a short winter cruise. Maybe in a few more weeks.... :toetap:

ohmy 02-13-2012 09:36 AM

must suck to be owned by your car... :crazy:

wolfdogs 02-13-2012 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by ohmy (Post 1580000774)
must suck to be owned by your car... :crazy:

actually, its kind of fun......... :yesnod:

Wayne O 02-13-2012 10:20 AM

If they didn't get the road crews out and you got more snow than expected everyone would be griping. Be thankful for the good driving conditions you've had. The snow and road salt shall pass...the forecast is for clear roads ahead. :)

ohmy 02-13-2012 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by wolfdogs (Post 1580000889)
actually, its kind of fun......... :yesnod:

really? but you're missing out on driving it... how can that be fun?

D_MANN 02-13-2012 12:41 PM

Yeah, I was driving to the dealership for a test drive when the blizzard hit. Could hardly see by the time I got there. I sat inside and joked with all of the sales staff for a half hour or so. These guys were hysterical. All kind of practical joking going on. Then the sun came out and the roads dried off. She brought the vette around and brushed off what snow hadn't yet melted and off we went. It had all seasons on it and handled much better than I thought it would. We did a little squirrelly coming out of a turn. Just eased off the gas a little and traction control kicked in nicely. I looked over at her and she was squealing like a school girl. Said it was the most fun test drive she'd ever had.

We haggled a little and out the door I went with it. Looks real pretty in my driveway.

Any of you F'burg, Stafford, NOVA people work at Ft. Belvoir?