CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   How Do I Fix Scuffs On Interior Door Handle (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3284918-how-do-i-fix-scuffs-on-interior-door-handle.html)

cuspid 06-08-2013 03:09 PM

I got my metal watch band lodged under the door handle and seat, when I pulled up I scratched the crap out of mine. How about leather dye?

Alex LS3 06-09-2013 12:32 AM

Same issue here and don't care for the wraps, they look out of place.

TSLAVette 06-09-2013 08:48 AM

That's what you get for using those kinky handcuffs to restrain your date / significant other!

R&L's C6 06-09-2013 08:59 AM

Life's too short to worry about some scratches on the door pull....No one else is going to notice it but you. But, I am the last one who should talk, I get obsessed with my car too. :crazy:

42Chevy 06-09-2013 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Snake.Oiler (Post 1584104839)
It can be fixed. I had some issues like that when purchasing a 2010 and the dealer had their interior guy, who comes once a week just to fix such instances, take care of it. There were some places that where worse than what you are showing - I thought I would just have to replace the part, but nope, he took care of it. Don't know what he did, but made it look like new again.

I will call the dealer Monday and have him send his guy over to look at my handles. I dont believe there is a full time person that does that for them, but I think it is an outside company that travels around once per week fixing any issues they have. I will post pics if it gets fixed.

42Chevy 06-09-2013 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by PacificaVette (Post 1584105255)
Mine were the same--scratches from my wedding ring. I replaced them with the 4LT leather handles. Cost was about $150, and they look soooooo much better.

Do they match with the rest on the non 4lt interior? I would love to see some pics of them installed in your car. If mine cant be repaired this seems like the route to go.

jackcasual 06-09-2013 11:51 AM

I have an 09 with red interior. Same type scratches on my door handle. I believe it happened from watch band and buttons,snaps on jackets. I've tried lots of cleaners and once even red tinted car wax. Nothing really helped. I bought car to drive and just decided to live with it. I did wonder if interior paint or dye would help?

billyboy47 06-09-2013 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by 42Chevy (Post 1584099663)
I have no idea what caused this. It was this way when I purchased it.

my wedding ring caused mine. had to divorce wife and gave her my ring as a momento.:D

LMB-Z 06-09-2013 01:35 PM

Mine are also that way when I bought the car. Hate to put wraps on it.

cuspid 06-09-2013 02:52 PM

You have to slide your hand forward, not up if your wearing a watch. I wish they had placed the power seat controls in a different location. Hard to drive a stick with your left had locked between your seat and door.