CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   I am really starting to get pissed off (don't know if at the dealer or GM itself) (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3378246-i-am-really-starting-to-get-pissed-off-dont-know-if-at-the-dealer-or-gm-itself.html)

Larry/car 11-21-2013 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by hudgman (Post 1585487293)
I'm almost in the same boat. Sold my C6 to the dealer in July when I ordered my vert. Told me I was first on his list. Nothing yet not even a customer number. Got a nice discount price but can't drive a discount price.

:willy: You should have an order number. I would ask for a copy of the order. The order number will be on the paperwork and status code.

Michael A 11-21-2013 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by hudgman (Post 1585487293)
I'm almost in the same boat. Sold my C6 to the dealer in July when I ordered my vert. Told me I was first on his list. Nothing yet not even a customer number. Got a nice discount price but can't drive a discount price.

No, but you can take that to the bank.:lol:

Michael

KenHorse 11-21-2013 05:33 PM

Major update on my (ex) dilemna!

The dealer called me about 30 ago and stated his Z51 customer backed out due to the CF constraint and I could have that slot. And, as it was a Z51 slot, I decided to change my order to include Z51 and MRC. And the final price is still $3K below MSRP.

Z51 w/ MRC
Laguna Blue w/ 2LT Jet Black
Nav upgrade
7 speed manual
NPP
Base wheels
Transparent roof
Red calipers

Order placed AND accepted by GM, so I am sitting at 2000 already.

Good things come to those who wait or the squeaky wheel gets the grease?

(take your pick of cliche's!)

rcallen484 11-21-2013 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by KenHorse (Post 1585488696)
Major update on my (ex) dilemna!

The dealer called me about 30 ago and stated his Z51 customer backed out due to the CF constraint and I could have that slot. And, as it was a Z51 slot, I decided to change my order to include Z51 and MRC. And the final price is still $3K below MSRP.

Z51 w/ MRC
Laguna Blue w/ 2LT Jet Black
Nav upgrade
7 speed manual
NPP
Base wheels
Transparent roof
Red calipers

Order placed AND accepted by GM, so I am sitting at 2000 already.

Good things come to those who wait or the squeaky wheel gets the grease?

(take your pick of cliche's!)

Who cares why, the result is FANTASTIC! Keep us posted as to the progression of your status :rock: :rock:

Glen e 11-21-2013 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by rcallen484 (Post 1585488749)
Who cares why, the result is FANTASTIC! Keep us posted as to the progression of your status :rock: :rock:

:iagree::iagree:

KenHorse 11-21-2013 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by rcallen484 (Post 1585488749)

Hmmm... wonder if I should have verified that as the Z51 is on constraint, would it be a long wait....(although he is saying by mid January should be about right)

Or since he was given that Z51 allocation, that means GM can build it without a long wait.....

Glen e 11-21-2013 05:55 PM

Stop ASKING him for info - Ask him to PRODUCE a PDF and email to you of the workbench order sent to Chevrolet - like this:
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...at115025AM.png

CO Pman 11-21-2013 06:35 PM

Hard for me to read the tone of these posts and not come on here are write about my experience with this CF dealer, and maybe get folks to put down the pitchforks.

I called one the HUGE dealers on this forum not once, but twice and left messages on his personal cell phone expressing my interest in purchasing a new C7 from him. He is busy with the many of your orders and the many calls he already has, and I can understand and accept that; that's life so I choose to move on. By then I am so enthralled with this car that I keep searching and very luckily run into Ray with DSM in Idaho. Those calls that didn't get returned saved me 3k plus and my car is to be delivered Monday, 5 1/2 weeks after the order.

Ray is a stand-up guy in my opinion and based on my experience. Pick up the phone, he'll call you back even on his day off if he needs to. Sure, he doesn't have a billion allocations like others, nor did he ever write or say that he is a "big time" dealer, as some on this forum have proposed he said. And it doesn't sound like he has numerous allocations to be able to supply Canada's demand with Stingrays either.

I know that there are people out there with bad experiences with unscrupulous dealers. But let's not lump them all together. There are several dealers here in the Denver Metro area that I could tell right away that there was no way they would get my business. Take your business where you feel comfortable and where you can verify that you are getting a straight story. A straight story is what I got with Ray.

P

Patriot77 11-21-2013 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by KenHorse (Post 1585486591)
Ordered a non Z51 on 11/1. Was told by the dealer at the time they had 2 non Z51 allocations for November and "probably" should have the order accepted by GM the next day (11/1 was a Wednesday). By the way, nothing in my order is on constraint.

When status remained at 1100, I contacted the dealer and "we're hopeful" it will happen next week. Well, that Thursday came and went with no change from 1100 so I contacted dealer again. "We really do have 2 November allocations and you're 1st in line". Well, today they contacted GM and were given an allocation for a Z51 and a vert.

"Your still at the top of the list for the next non-z51 allocation we get."

Already sold my C6 (my DD).......

Dammit

I feel your pain.

KenHorse 11-21-2013 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Glen e (Post 1585488869)
Stop ASKING him for info - Ask him to PRODUCE a PDF and email to you of the workbench order sent to Chevrolet

Have it :thumbs:

shows Event Description: 2000 - Accepted by GM
Priority 3 (whatever that means)

450hp mike9 11-21-2013 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by KenHorse (Post 1585486591)
Ordered a non Z51 on 11/1. Was told by the dealer at the time they had 2 non Z51 allocations for November and "probably" should have the order accepted by GM the next day (11/1 was a Wednesday). By the way, nothing in my order is on constraint.

When status remained at 1100, I contacted the dealer and "we're hopeful" it will happen next week. Well, that Thursday came and went with no change from 1100 so I contacted dealer again. "We really do have 2 November allocations and you're 1st in line". Well, today they contacted GM and were given an allocation for a Z51 and a vert.

"Your still at the top of the list for the next non-z51 allocation we get."

Already sold my C6 (my DD).......

Dammit

You need to be pissed for ordering a non Z51.

Racerdj 11-21-2013 07:14 PM

I feel your pain.

KenHorse 11-21-2013 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by 450hp mike9 (Post 1585489545)
You need to be pissed for ordering a non Z51.

Well...it is going to be a DD so I wasn't all that concerned. But now that I have a Z51 allocation...phphphtttt! :D

last901 11-21-2013 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by KenHorse (Post 1585486904)
They say they don't sell to Oregon

That seems like a bogus comment. why not? Did they give you a reason?

I agree with some of the other comments, it's mostly the dealer - or the salesperson - making excuses for one reason or another.

I stoopped by Good Chevrolt in Renton this afternoon on my way home from the boat shop. They have a blue "special edition Z51" with luggage. That luggage option would be perfect for me should I buy a C7 right now, since my wife seems to think we need indoor plumbing in our house rather than a new car.

Oh, a $12K markup and lots of "Don't Touch" signs on the car. The salesperson asked me if I was thinking of buying one (they tend to ask really inane questions like that if you drive up in a late model Corvette). I told him yes, but thought I would wait until the "silliness" of inflated markups subsided.

It didn't seem to make a difference. In fact, he disappeared within 5 minutes of my comment. Oh, in parting he mentioned something about a Cyber Gray car they just received I could have for a mere +$5K.

As I've often said, the worst thing about Corvettes is that are sold by Chevy dealers.

I'm becoming more interested in the new C7 all the time, but I think once I take the plunge, it will be through one of the forum dealers. Either Fichtner or Boardwalk.

Then, of course, with the nice sunny weather I decided to drive the '07 C6 Aero lightweight (one of 42) down to the shop and began to wonder if I really needed anything better.

KenHorse 11-21-2013 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by last901 (Post 1585490108)
I'm becoming more interested in the new C7 all the time, but I think once I take the plunge, it will be through one of the forum dealers. Either Fichtner or Boardwalk.

I don't recommend Boardwalk - they REALLY jacked me around and I finally had enough so I went with Dave Smith Motors in Idaho

DonOH 11-21-2013 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by KenHorse (Post 1585489822)
Well...it is going to be a DD so I wasn't all that concerned. But now that I have a Z51 allocation...phphphtttt! :D

Good for you. Great end result.

camm77 11-21-2013 08:29 PM

call maculkin in nh, they ship everywhere and ive been thru the same as you have been. i went to nh and in 24 hrs i went to 2000 and in 2 weeks it went to 3400, call ron in nashua nh

Red Lightening 11-21-2013 08:53 PM

Sounds like the dealer to me.

3 Z06ZR1 11-21-2013 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by KenHorse (Post 1585486904)
They say they don't sell to Oregon

Sure they do! Why wouldn't they? :willy:

bevo_87 11-21-2013 09:27 PM

Ken, great to hear your story. i spoke to DSM and heard your great news when i was calling for mine. The good news for me is now that you are off the list, i am one step closer to mine with a BIG Discount.. I just need the painted roof so i need that to be resolved. I am willing to wait, got the $3K under MSRP deal as well and will stick it out unless a forum dealer has a car and matches it.... :) I have Courtesy Deilvery already setup as well. I would buy one of the inventory ones from the other forum dealers, but that added so much crap to it just to inflate the price. I could buy locally at MSRP and get a better deal then paying $2K under MSRP with added mats, covers, and other bs stuff.