CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   On the fence keeping the C6 or moving up to C7 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3513108-on-the-fence-keeping-the-c6-or-moving-up-to-c7.html)

SASprof 08-07-2014 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by talon90 (Post 1587542948)
I absolutely loved my C6. I missed it when I sold it but I haven't looked back since I brought home my C7. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to do it again.

My sentiments exacly.

OP: You bought a C6 this year? After the C7s were out? :ack: What were you thinking? Or smoking? Hey, if it was a budget thing, you were wise to live within your means. You got an awesome car at a bargain basement price. Congratulations.

On the other hand, if you can afford a C7, it's an absolute no-brainer. Whoever said money can't buy happiness never drove a C7.
:cheers:

Harry2 08-07-2014 09:14 PM

Coming from a 2010 GS, yes, the C7 is that good!

The only way to prove how good the C7 is to yourself is to find a larger dealer that will let you test drive one. Drive your C6 to the dealer and tell them that you are interested in trading it in for a C7, they may allow you to take one out for a test drive if they think you are a serious potential buyer.
One caveat, only do so if you have the funds to proceed with the trade, because once you get your hands on a C7, your C6 will never feel the same to you.
Good luck!

b4i4getit 08-07-2014 09:15 PM

I agree with everyone that the C7 is a big improvement in many ways over the C6. It should be since it is a much newer design. That being said if you are enjoying your C6 why not wait it out until the Z06 hits the streets. You can be assured that a lot of people will be dumping their C7 at that time to get a Z06. More used C7's in the markeplace will mean more attractive pricing for you in the used market.

Never-Enough 08-07-2014 09:16 PM

I miss my C6, but I want a C7 if money allows. C7 > C6 by a mile.
However, I would not be sad about buying a built C6 either.

Rockyravoli 08-07-2014 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by SASprof (Post 1587543685)
My sentiments exacly.

OP: You bought a C6 this year? After the C7s were out? :ack: What were you thinking? Or smoking? Hey, if it was a budget thing, you were wise to live within your means. You got an awesome car at a bargain basement price. Congratulations.

On the other hand, if you can afford a C7, it's an absolute no-brainer. Whoever said money can't buy happiness never drove a C7.
:cheers:

Good question. I was trying to convince my wife to get a motorcycle and she suggested a corvette instead; I was so excited I didn't do any research and looked at 5 different C-6 models and found my 07 with only 23,000 miles and I was smitten. Then of course I found this site and became more educated on what Corvettes are all about. So here I am already drooling over the C 7 and talking with a dealer on line. My guess I am past the point of no return. LOL

SASprof 08-07-2014 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Rockyravoli (Post 1587543872)
Good question. I was trying to convince my wife to get a motorcycle and she suggested a corvette instead;

good wife :thumbs:

I was so excited I didn't do any research

:toetap:

and looked at 5 different C-6 models and found my 07 with only 23,000 miles and I was smitten. Then of course I found this site and became more educated on what Corvettes are all about. So here I am already drooling over the C 7 and talking with a dealer on line. My guess I am past the point of no return. LOL

Go with your gut. (If you can afford it.) I guaranfu**intee you, you and the wifey will be ecstatic over the C7. :woohoo:

Buy smart. Use a Forum dealer. Do courtesy delivery to a local dealer. It'll take 3 months, but you'll get exactly what you want vs whatever your local dealer happens to have sitting around. Join a credit union and get supplier pricing: around $6k below MSRP vs $10K above MSRP at your local dealer. :cheers:

KILR-Z51 08-07-2014 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mdm23 (Post 1587543454)
Why? All the C6 would do is sit around because the C7 begs to be driven.

I have a C5 that begs to be driven a C6 that begs to be driven I plan on ordering a 2017 Z06 that will beg to be driven. There are 7 days in the week and I hope to one day have 7 Corvettes in the garage that all beg to be driven. :cheers:

C7Joy 08-08-2014 07:17 AM

I had a C6 that I was very happy with and it was also my first Corvette. It was a great car for sure. I decided to trade up for a C7. To say that I am thrilled with the results of that decision would be an understatement. If it is in the range of your finances, DO IT!

:rock:

thebiglittledog 08-08-2014 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by uwec86 (Post 1587542942)
I had 2013 GS...C7 is 10 times the car.

i also had a 13 GS and like you the C7 is 10 times the car
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...326868f7fe.jpg

MDPD23 08-08-2014 08:26 AM

WARNING!! If you test drive a C7 you will never go back to the C6. I went to a dealership just to "look"- took a test drive- and I was done!! Bought it right there!!!

John Micheal Henry 08-08-2014 09:59 AM

JUMP......Off the fence..... into a C7.... :)

2vette2 08-08-2014 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by talon90 (Post 1587542948)
You are likely to get mixed reviews here as well. On the C6 side of the forum you are going to get members that love their C6 (like most of us did) and those that hate the C7 (looks, hype, square tail lights), etc and the handful of folks that are like you and on the fence.

On the C7 side of the forum you are going to get those of us that love our C7 and those that hate the C7 (looks, hype, square tail lights, jealous C6 owners (small minority), non-owners who like to hate and a few that are like you and on the fence but choose to post over here vs. over there.

As an owner of the previous three generations, this is my favorite Corvette so far. The power gain is very noticeable. The ride and handling is improved. The steering and braking are improved. The electronics and systems are current technology and the fun factor is off the charts. I find this car to be good at everything it does and it is the most confidence inspiring Corvette ever behind the wheel.

I absolutely loved my C6. I missed it when I sold it but I haven't looked back since I brought home my C7. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to do it again.

Well said. I have driven Corvettes since 1969 and the C7 is by far the best. Only one comment. It does seem that the sitting area is a tad smaller then the C6 but stat's say it is not. Find a dealer that will let you drive one and you will not look back. :rock: