CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Dealer scratched my front lip spoiler!!! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/4292362-dealer-scratched-my-front-lip-spoiler.html)

nightroddersp 07-05-2019 10:52 AM

I bitched my service manager out because I get my baby back from her first oil change and there were greasy finger prints on the edge of the hood and greasy hand print on the windshield just above the hood. Greasy finger print on the driver door and on the steer wheel. I ended up setting at the dealer for an extra hour while they cleaned up their mess. The next oil change, not one print any where.

mountainears 07-05-2019 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by saleen556
Is this under the car where it can’t be seen? If so then I personally wouldn’t make a big deal about it. If you actually drive the car it’s going to happen. The cars are very low and there will be a driveway to steep eventually.

Now if visible from the front I’d want it fixed.

Agree!

w0rM 07-05-2019 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by nightroddersp (Post 1599700072)
I bitched my service manager out because I get my baby back from her first oil change and there were greasy finger prints on the edge of the hood and greasy hand print on the windshield just above the hood. Greasy finger print on the driver door and on the steer wheel. I ended up setting at the dealer for an extra hour while they cleaned up their mess. The next oil change, not one print any where.

Be careful. Do you really want them to start wiping down with a crappy shop rag?

~Stingray 07-05-2019 12:26 PM

Good luck. Be calm but direct.
They will fight you. That is not a cheap fix and since you took it home, there is no way for you to prove you didn't do it.

BEAR-AvHistory 07-05-2019 01:08 PM

Did the dealer do the signoff there was no damage before they took in the car? If so you may have a shot at getting it fixed even if you did not check it when you picked it up.

blackedgs 07-05-2019 03:33 PM

Appreciate all the replies and advice. I will be calm and chat with the service manager.while standing it’s hard to see the scratches. Once you either bend down, then it becomes easily apparent. Not sure how to post pics yet but the scratches look awful and are deep. Some of the scratches are an 1- 1.5 inches long. Almost looks like something was dragged across that part of the spoiler and caused the scratches all at once. It’s only on the angled part of the spoiler. I bought this car from this dealership and drive 20 miles out of my way to get my service done with them. The service manager won’t be back until Monday. I left a message with him. We will see how it goes. Thanks again.

Sliplo 07-28-2019 08:46 PM

Yikes

Originally Posted by blackedgs (Post 1599698951)
I’m so frustrated! Had my Vette for 2 weeks. The radiator had a weld fail and the dealer replaced it. Dropped the car off this past Saturday and got it back on Monday the first. I wanted to look under the front of the car to make sure there were no more leaks. I find to my horror, they scratched my carbon flash lip spoiler. I’m just so pissed and frustrated. Why can’t the service people take good care of the cars they service. There are about 4 scratches all about 1-2 inches in length. They all are horizontal and right next to each other. I’m gonna call and drive to the dealer tomorrow. I hope they don’t try and fight me. I want them to just own up to it and replace the spoiler. The spoiler I thought was painted but you can feel like like a layering that has peeled up a bit. The scratches are deep. I have had this car for all of 3 weeks. Any advice anyone can give me on how to deal with this? I know 100% is was there fault. I back into parking spots. The scratches weren’t there before I took it on because I kept inspecting the leak before I took my car into service. The scratches weren’t there.

Yikes! Unfortunately we hear that story all too often. Hopefully they will replace it. Once it's replaced or repaired, the best way to prevent future damage is to install one of our Do It Yourself Universal Skid Plates. Let SLiPLO prevent any potential damage and protect your lower lip, carbon fiber splitters and/or your lower bumper. It's made out of an extremely durable polyurethane that is made to glide on asphalt. It's similar to the material used on snowplows. SLIPLO is also backed by a 10 Year Warranty.

Check out the video below to see how it works.

We're offering a special discount to all Corvette Forum members. Click the link below to buy and use Promo Code "CorvetteSliplo" at checkout to save 15%.

Click Here to Activate Your Promo Code

You can learn more about SLIPLO including Installation Instructions, Frequently Asked Questions, and Testimonials from Fellow Enthusiasts.

Thank you and let us know if you have any questions.