CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C8 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion-175/)
-   -   Zeus Bronze 3LT Base with Natural Dipped Interior (Pics) (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion/4312140-zeus-bronze-3lt-base-with-natural-dipped-interior-pics.html)

Jackie Chiles 08-26-2019 02:11 PM

My first new sports car* was in a similar colored brown metallic.

* 1978 Ford Fairmont.

But seriously, I love the color combo but I'd have to see it in person before ordering.

f-16pilotTX 08-26-2019 02:23 PM

Can anyone confirm the competition seats have cooling/heating? Didn’t want to start a new thread. Thank you!

baddasp 08-26-2019 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by jefnvk (Post 1600025623)
I'll dissent.

That looks awful. That color scheme should have died with square Volvos.

I agree, unless you are over 80

Mikado463 08-26-2019 04:57 PM

loved it and seeing it in person this past Friday I can attest to it's beauty in 'the flesh' ! and no, I'm a young 65 !!

E.T.D. Corvettes 08-27-2019 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by f-16pilotTX (Post 1600043960)
Can anyone confirm the competition seats have cooling/heating? Didn’t want to start a new thread. Thank you!

Yes, all seats can have heating/cooling in the 2LT and 3LT trim levels. No heating/cooling in any seat in the 1LT trim.

Vette_Pilot 08-27-2019 08:50 AM

Could someone explain what's so bad about ordering a Brown Vette? :willy:

Kenny94945 08-27-2019 10:32 AM

There is nothing wrong with brown (Zeus) if you like the color.
Trade in negotiations (excuses) can be expected.
So the issue would be resale value, but at what reduction $2K?
If you like brown, buy and enjoy.

The C7 Green may also be an example that could be researched.
C6 Carlisle Blue may also be another Vette example.

FWIW:
Used yellow colored Ferrari's take a special buyer, so the resale can take longer.
Remember Lambo's final edition Diablos in a brown or gold and were not popular...until now.
Toyota has a brown walnut mica color which was the least popular color.
On line book values may reduce trade in for that color.

Again buy if you enjoy brown, I would.

Pb82 Ronin 08-27-2019 10:38 AM

Zeus bronze? Looks more like coffee stain brown. How many brown Ferrari's, Lambo's, McLaren's do you see? Color won't do well at all.

jimjimsC7 08-27-2019 10:45 AM

You tuber streetspeed717 has some good video of the C8 in Zeus Bronze starting at the 4:15 minute mark.

harley2 08-27-2019 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by FredC7 (Post 1600043539)
That must be because it does not have any chrome on it. Apparently the GM marketing people now say that chrome is for us "old" people from the 60's and 70''s! Well this old guy does like chrome but ordered the C8 Z51 in ZBM with natural two-tone 3LT interior, FE4 Mag Ride, Spectra gray Trident wheels, Engine Appearance Package, and tan belts. Not a speck of chrome and I'm loving it! I must be feeling younger!

Get those Pewter wheels, real its it off.
I like them on LBR also.

Resume18 08-27-2019 10:58 AM

The new Mclaren GT press car is a few shades lighter than Zeus. The reason many view this as an "old man's color" is because it sort of is. Older enthusiasts have already owned bright primary color sports/muscle cars and are looking for something a bit different. I could see someone being quite content with a Zeus/natural C8 in a non-Z51 3LT for cruise nights, weekends in the country on the twisties, etc. If I wasn't going ELB I might consider it.

TBIRD57 08-27-2019 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by 1SG_Ret (Post 1600024579)
Now that is a color combo I could live with and not grow tired of. :cheers:

me too

Pb82 Ronin 08-27-2019 03:23 PM

The stingray and no spoiler looks like jenky as hell. The camaro tail lights are a fail.

Poorhousenext 08-27-2019 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by jagamajajaran (Post 1600030203)
You're welcome! :) I do have some more ZB photos to share...stay tuned. :cheers:

Was the Dash wrapped in Black Leather or that Fuzzy looking black Swede?

With the leather, to leather dash combo the interior color is one I want to use with another exterior color. Just hate to have to fork up for the LT3 costs just for the interior difference in build, unless there are some more things included in base price of it, I missed.

But it could be worst if I only wanted a base LT1 with it....LOL

garyc4 09-06-2019 08:18 PM

I fell in love with this car/color when I walked up on it at Carlisle. Color is always a matter of opinion, so there you go. An edgy car with a softer color. I guess I like contrasts. I would never have guessed this car would be my favorite, but it was, especially with that light tan interior.

Mr. Toads 09-06-2019 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by garyc4 (Post 1600109993)
I fell in love with this car/color when I walked up on it at Carlisle. Color is always a matter of opinion, so there you go. An edgy car with a softer color. I guess I like contrasts. I would never have guessed this car would be my favorite, but it was, especially with that light tan interior.

Super classy looking for sure...just be prepared to get buried with "back of book brown" at resale time -- got dough? do it! could give a hoot about a $3-5K hit? do it!

It is SUPER CLASSY looking, but that is kinda oxymoronic with the Vette buyer profile...just sayin'

Rapid Fred 09-06-2019 10:24 PM

I have a different take on this whole thing. I saw the orange with light grey interior at Kerbeck and did not like it very much. Some styling details, particularly the rear window and expanse of shiny black plastic in the front center intake, really turned me off.

So I’m at BG last week and there’s a Bronze C8 sitting among some C7’s in the vendors’ lot. And it was STUNNING. Near it were black and dark grey versions. Also stunning.

I don’t know of any other Vette where the color made such a huge difference to me.

Oh. And I always buy used. So I’m really hoping the predictions about lower resale value for bronze C8’s turn out to be correct.

:hide:

JerriVette 09-06-2019 11:25 PM

That zeus bronze in a million years I NEVER thought I would like.

it looked like a million bucks.

i would never spend 2650 on the bronze wheels. Id just have the standard powdercoated in the aftermarket for five hundred.

dollars.

as far as other options besides 3LT dipped natural interior......that would be it. Maybe silver badges as the car in carlisle had them.

definitely wouldn't do z51, maybe E60 for the coolness factor.

in person that c8 looked like a million dollar exotic....

jmo (and I never thought I d ever like a bronze car....wow!

resale be dammed...who cares ? Well at least I should say I wouldnt care....it was that stunning.

in fact it was so stunning it could end up having an amazing resale price....

a definite crowd stopper,

TKay 09-08-2019 09:46 AM

Love that color combo, but would have to see it in person

Phanni 09-08-2019 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by jefnvk (Post 1600025623)
I'll dissent.

That looks awful. That color scheme should have died with square Volvos.

Or C4s