CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 Corvettes for Sale (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-corvettes-for-sale-52/)
-   -   FS: 2003 Dick Guldstrand Signature Edition Z06 50th Ann. 427CI Extremely Rare Collector (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-corvettes-for-sale/4317946-2003-dick-guldstrand-signature-edition-z06-50th-ann-427ci-extremely-rare-collector.html)

Sgt.Dozer 12-30-2019 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by 4210077 (Post 1600678671)
Beautiful car ! Is it still available ?

yes it is still available

B747VET 01-05-2020 03:18 AM

Dick Guldstrand was a true quality gentleman and a total straight shooter. Anyone that had the chance to get to know Dick or work with him and his team on a car project was very fortunate. He always pushed GM execs to go further, faster, and wilder.

During the design and development of the C4 ZR1’s he was an internal consultant to GM and strongly advocated making the ZR1 a much more extreme car than the base C4’s but GM was scared to death that if any such high performance Vette with a more aggressive body and aero features was actually built, the sale of base Corvettes would plummet.

The success of todays GS, Z06/Z07, and ZR1 cars are exactly what Dick advocated as the smart moves by GM in the late 80’s and 90’s and into the C7 era.

His creativity and and dedication to Corvette excellence are legendary in the worlds of Corvette design and Corvette racing. His special project cars like the one for sale here were his way of chiding GM suits and saying, “this is what YOU should be building.”

This is a very special piece of Corvette performance car history that any Corvette owner can take great pride in acquiring and enjoying.

Sgt.Dozer 01-07-2020 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by B747VET (Post 1600746823)
Dick Guldstrand was a true quality gentleman and a total straight shooter. Anyone that had the chance to get to know Dick or work with him and his team on a car project was very fortunate. He always pushed GM execs to go further, faster, and wilder.

During the design and development of the C4 ZR1’s he was an internal consultant to GM and strongly advocated making the ZR1 a much more extreme car than the base C4’s but GM was scared to death that if any such high performance Vette with a more aggressive body and aero features was actually built, the sale of base Corvettes would plummet.

The success of todays GS, Z06/Z07, and ZR1 cars are exactly what Dick advocated as the smart moves by GM in the late 80’s and 90’s and into the C7 era.

His creativity and and dedication to Corvette excellence are legendary in the worlds of Corvette design and Corvette racing. His special project cars like the one for sale here were his way of chiding GM suits and saying, “this is what YOU should be building.”

This is a very special piece of Corvette performance car history that any Corvette owner can take great pride in acquiring and enjoying.

Thank you B747VET for your comments about both Dick Guldstrand and this car. Life has an uncanny way of throwing curve balls at us at times. When I bought the car I was building quite a collection. This car being the pride of the collection and accomplishment. I tried to hang on to it no matter what. It is just no longer within the alignment of my stars to keep holding on.

zet06 01-15-2020 06:56 PM

Wow , good to hear that Dick actually built a couple. Thanks for the history. The prototype was at Laguna in Aug 2002 along with Dick as he was trying to get sales of them started.Ill see if I can find a pic.

Yello95 01-16-2020 07:16 PM

ttt for this fantastic Vette :flag:

Sgt.Dozer 02-18-2020 03:41 PM

Bump

Sgt.Dozer 04-06-2020 04:29 AM

Bump

Bump

undertaker 04-06-2020 03:00 PM

I'm confused LS7's weren't out until 2006, and have rectangular port heads and 4 bolt throttle bodies. This still has cathedral heads and a LS6 intake? Isn't this just a sleeved ls1/ls6?

WICKEDFRC 04-06-2020 03:05 PM

I had the rare chance to meet Dick Guldstrand before he passed away. He was still running his shop Guldstrand Motorsports out in CA. I think in Burbank if not mistaken.

After meeting with him, he gave me a poster and one of his 1:18 Die Casts of his Gold/Blue C5. Both autographed. I also had a close look at his Guldstrand C5 in person. He offered for me to take it out for a spin, but I respectfully declined and allowed one of his friends take me out in the passenger seat. It was a blast!!

What a great guy he was!! And I am honored to have met him.

Good luck with your sale.

Sgt.Dozer 05-27-2020 02:12 PM

Bump

Sgt.Dozer 07-09-2020 07:53 PM

Admin please delete this post or tell me how

Vetteman Jack 07-10-2020 12:37 AM

Closed per OP request.