CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Magride Update (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/4666763-magride-update.html)

Buddhaman 09-04-2022 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by DoubleG (Post 1605635000)
Are they still charging $350?

My dealer charged me $150 but I believe they did not perform the update. The bulletin mentions something about it costing $350. TIS has not updated for my VIN if they did but it feels the same as before.

TxLefty 09-06-2022 12:23 PM

Got the update done on a 2016 Z07 car. Results were very noticeable. Ride was much more controlled and comfortable in Tour mode. Didn't notice as much in Track as I don't track the car. Can't afford the brakes.

Jbyrd43 09-14-2022 09:50 AM

It's been over 2 weeks since my update. The dealer said

"I will look into it for you, first question I have is the bulletin you sent me, is that from 2018 when it was printed? If so most likely the part number has changed several times, as they always do. Let me know that part and I will see what I can find out on my end."
Since then, "I did not find any different updates than the one we did. Did you find out the answer to my questions for you?" (part number changing)

I understand the part number can/does change frequently. However, wouldn't this show there had been an update? It is the original part number listed on my tis, no?

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...3b92b3cb2d.png

Buddhaman 09-14-2022 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Jbyrd43 (Post 1605673132)
It's been over 2 weeks since my update. The dealer said

"I will look into it for you, first question I have is the bulletin you sent me, is that from 2018 when it was printed? If so most likely the part number has changed several times, as they always do. Let me know that part and I will see what I can find out on my end."
Since then, "I did not find any different updates than the one we did. Did you find out the answer to my questions for you?" (part number changing)

I understand the part number can/does change frequently. However, wouldn't this show there had been an update? It is the original part number listed on my tis, no?

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...3b92b3cb2d.png

There's a number for them to call on the bulletin. They'll talk to someone at GM who will provide the correct "part" needed for your car. I took mine back with the bulletin and they did the upgrade without issue.

car2fast4you 09-14-2022 01:58 PM

When I bought my 2017 Z06 (last year) I felt very little difference between Tour and Sport modes. I had the update done when I brought it to the dealer to change fluids, etc. My car now rides almost Cadillac-smooth in tour mode. In sport mode, it still rides firm, but not as harsh as before. Even with the Super Sport run-flat tires, it rides great. I have no reason to consider non-run-flat tires now, except for price.

Blackwater0323 09-14-2022 03:23 PM

Put a DSC V4 on my 2019 GS. It made a huge difference. Car runs not as hard in Track mode until the computer tightens the suspension in a turn. In Touring or Sport, the car rides noticeably softer. Also in Launch control, it loosens the front shocks and tightens the rear for optimum weight transfer. It was worth the $1200.

iclick 09-22-2022 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Rctreece (Post 1605622159)
Both of mine showed up right after they were done.

Same here when mine was done 4½ years ago. Drove 35 mi. from the dealer and it showed on the website when I returned. I also noticed a big difference in ride driving home, with the same feel the next day and thereafter, so waiting may not be necessary to notice the effects of the update.

Walter Raulerson 09-28-2022 02:43 PM

I just looked at the site and it sounds like you could do it yourself let the car idle for 50 minutes while downloading the thing. Does that make any sense that we could do it just by putting the usb in any port. I thought like you guys are posting that the dealer did it IF HE KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

Gixxerman 09-29-2022 11:19 AM

I am not sure that can be done at home.. where would you even get software?? ... if dealer does not know about update.. you need to find a different dealer in my opinion

Jbyrd43 09-29-2022 01:22 PM

So went back yesterday and got it done correctly.
Big difference. Tour feels soft.
I am the first person who went to that dealer for the update they said, which is pretty crazy. It’s big dealer in south Florida.
They said, “you’re the first and last update we will be doing” they were upset GM only allows them to charge $350 for the update and it costs them $300 for the software. Luckily, I go somewhere else near me for routine work. They’re excellent, but had to go to a dealer for this.
Long story short, bring the bulletin, worth it

Jeff V. 09-29-2022 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Gixxerman (Post 1605731773)
I am not sure that can be done at home.. where would you even get software?? ... if dealer does not know about update.. you need to find a different dealer in my opinion

I did my Stingray at home. I plan to do my Grand Sport at home.

^&right 09-29-2022 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff V. (Post 1605732370)
I did my Stingray at home. I plan to do my Grand Sport at home.

Care to share? :)

Jeff V. 09-29-2022 03:47 PM

It'll cost you $400 plus tools. Anyone who's obsessed enough to have bought that stuff already knows how to do it. Everyone else should find a dealer that can pass a basic literacy test, and who won't charge you an hour of labor (or more) for someone to make a phone call and plug in a scan tool.

Walter Raulerson 09-29-2022 04:14 PM

So my dealer said they could do it for $165

Walter Raulerson 09-29-2022 04:17 PM

Again a GM dealer that has about 10 super qualified techs and one very good Corvette guy( this is not a Chevrolet dealer) researched this stuff with the service manager after I gave them a description of what I want and that TECHLINE number said they could do it for $165. Is that possible??

DoubleG 09-29-2022 04:33 PM

Somebody on this topic said they got theirs done for free, so why not for $165? Someone else also paid about $165 if I remember.

Walter Raulerson 10-01-2022 09:17 AM

Mag upgrade

So I'm trying to find out about this stuff and I found the article in CORVETTE MAGAZINE July 2021 issue 146 and extensive description on the forum. I did find that at the time the upgrade was offered there was NO upgrade for the Z51 Model in 2018. Now I have found posts from other folks that SAY the Z51 can be upgraded ANYBODY OUT THERE KNOW THIS TO BE TRUE.? My tech guy and service manager have found out what to do I hope so I'm going over there in a couple of days

Jeff V. 10-01-2022 11:30 AM

It's right there on Chevrolet's site. I don't know why this is so goddamn hard for people to wrap their heads around.

https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...tte/suspension

Dealership calls Techline.
Techline changes database and bills dealer.
Dealer programs car and bills customer.

THIS. IS. NOT. HARD.

Walter Raulerson 10-01-2022 12:57 PM

Sp Jeff V just what does that site tell me about the upgrade and you don't have to get upset everybody is just trying to help the other fella one more what is TIS it's mentioned several times is that a site to confirm the upgrade?

Jeff V. 10-01-2022 01:43 PM

I give up.