CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion-34/)
-   -   Ten reasons why I like my C4 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion/2360925-ten-reasons-why-i-like-my-c4.html)

'Shifter 06-24-2009 12:20 PM

#1, and my only reason: Because I enjoy the heck out of it. :cheers:

RetiredSFC 97 06-24-2009 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by CorvetteMike2004 (Post 1570554161)
I havent seen any positive threads about C4's lately. :willy::willy: Does the L98 vettes offend you?:lol:

Corvette Mike

Good thread Mike,

I was on off topic today and someone had a picture of a C3 pulling a trailer with lawn care equipment, and boy did the C4 bashers come out. I naturally couldn't resist to tell them to FO so i told them they were embarrassing Corvette owners and themselves. And they really were.

I love ALL Corvettes and I would, and am, proud to own a C4. It's a Corvette. Paid for and in excellent shape with 59K on the clock.

the thing I like most about it is the way I feel when I drive it. If I drive it to work, which I did today, I get off and no matter what kind of day I had I always smile on my way home. Heck somedays I don't want to go home I just want to drive.

I have had Chevelles, Roadrunners, T Birds (1964), Z28s, Cougars, Trans Ams and althugh I loved everyone of them, none of them make me feel the way I do when I drive my C4. :auto:

some day I may own a C5 0r 6 but I will wait till the price comes down. Guess by then I will own the current Corvette bashing product.:lol:

BADRACR1 06-24-2009 03:46 PM

Clamshell
Styling
Handling
Feel
Thrill
Fun
Chevy
Corvette
Paid for
MINE!
I have the dreaded CrossFire, Z51, 4+3 all combined. I love the way it feels on the road and the cockpit. I've had a lot of cars (125) and this is the most fun to drive.:thumbs:

RetiredSFC97 said, "I have had Chevelles, Roadrunners, T Birds (1964), Z28s, Cougars, Trans Ams and althugh I loved everyone of them, none of them make me feel the way I do when I drive my C4. "
Same here, I've had pretty much the same list. I tell my gf every time I come in from a drive, I LOVE my plastic car!

rickneworleansla 06-24-2009 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by CorvetteMike2004 (Post 1570553987)
1. I like My clamshell hood. ***
2. Its paid for.
5. All my friends and family like my C4.
6. My C4 gets me into the forum here.
8. Its a convertible. ***

Since I dont try to impress people with my vette, it suits me fine.

I agree with these above. I especially like the clamshell hood and convertible top. I would also add these about my 95.

-It has the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in, in any car.
-I like how you wear the car when you slide in.
-I like that I have learned the car well enough to feel confident doing almost any repairs.
-I love the sound and feel of the lopey cam.
-I like when others with "faster cars" cant believe they just got beat by a C4. :rofl:

rickneworleansla 06-24-2009 03:57 PM

Patiently waiting for Red's list. :lol:

BADRACR1 06-24-2009 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by rickreeves1 (Post 1570562375)

BWAHAHAHA!!!!!:willy:

RetiredSFC 97 06-24-2009 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by rickreeves1 (Post 1570562375)

I haven't seen Red in a few days. maybe someone should check on him:D

tdellaringa 06-24-2009 05:21 PM

This is a great thread. I actually haven't been on the forum much since I got my C4 nearly 2 years ago. I kind of "bridged the gap" - my first vette was a C3 '77, which I loved, was my dream as a kid to have. But like some others, when it was time for another, I wanted a modern car with modern handling, etc. Not only did I like the C4 looks, but it was the only one I could afford! :)

Here's my list.

1. I don't care what it is or isn't worth, and particularly, because it's not some high priced car, I don't have to worry about where I park it or if it gets a rained on - it's a car for me to enjoy - and I do.

2. Love the clamshell.

3. I think the cockpit feel of the car is the coolest. It's like you're driving a rocket. Along the same lines, I love how it creaks and rattles - to me that is a bonus. It feels like a race car.

4. Love the sport seats.

5. That people think it's a really expensive car when I say I have a vette. Fools!

6. It's red.

7. It's red. (It deserves two spots).

8. It sounds so darn cool when I drive it.

9. It's just fast enough to really enjoy, but not so fast it gets me in trouble :D

10. Corners on rails.

11. LOVE the targa top. Best of hardtop and convertible in one package!

12. Ditto on the "pull up to either side of the pump"

13. That my wife loves it, and loves to go for rides in it with me.

14. My daughters think it's the coolest thing ever.

15. It's fulfills a dream/wish I had as a kid.

I could go on, but 15 is enough for a top-10 list!

CLMREG 06-24-2009 05:30 PM

Just bought a 94. 84K miles, RED RED RED with black and red interior. People see it and complement it. It's paid for ($8000 cash money) and gets the looks of a $50k ride. I could have bought newer and paid cash but why??? I have a nice car that gets looks and I enjoy driving.

CorvetteMike2024 06-24-2009 07:29 PM

corvette

I like this forum because I dont belong to any car clubs. I get to talk shop with all you members. And I learn alot from members sharing their knowlage with us.

I am Biker first. Bike people like all kinds of bikes, new old, way old. Every bike is appriacated for something. They understand the process of technology and at that point in time, that old bike was the best they had in its day. I ride a harley. I wave to everyone on bikes. Dont matter what kind, foriegn or domestic. We are all 2 wheel brothers to me. Im not in any motorcycle clubs.

JMO................Some Corvette people use their vettes as a status symbal. These people will always tell you how crappy your vette is and how great theirs is. These people enjoy bashing other peoples cars.

JMO........Some Corvette people are enthuisests who like all vettes and other sports cars too. They realize every vette has a puorpose. These types of people get adicted to corvettes. Im an addict. Since I was 5 years old. Gas and oil run thru my veins.

Corvette Mike :cheers:

JeepCycle 06-24-2009 08:08 PM

1. I love my 85 Corvette.

2. I love the way it handles.

3. I love the way it feels just to sit in it.

4. I love the way it looks in the garage.

5. I love the way it looks parked near other cars.

6. I love the way it rumbles.

7. I love the way it feels with the top off.

8. I love having the windows blacked out because when my wife and I go places, people stare to see who is gettin' out of that sexy black machine.

9. I love seeing it under the streetlights.

10. I love how kids wave to me when I drive it and knowing that when I wave back to them, it makes them feel a little bit cooler to their friends, just like I did when I was young and the guy from down the street with the 65 Sting Ray would wave to me.....good times, good times...

11. I could go on and on....this is definitely the coolest car I've ever been in love with....and I still don't consider myself a "Vette Guy"..

BADRACR1 06-24-2009 08:20 PM

I am not a "Vette guy" either. I am a car guy with a Vette.:cheers:

American Raven 06-24-2009 08:39 PM

I can drive up to the gas station in my 2006 mustang Convertible with the top down and maybe have one or two people look at it. I can drive my '95 black LT1 coupe to the gas station and almost every eye will lock onto it immediately.

Last week I had a kid, maybe 7-8 years old, walk away from his mom's minvan and walk to the Vette as I was pumping gas, he put his hand on the passenger door and started making "Vrooom. Vrooom." noises. The little bastard reminded me of me when I was his age.

His mom(?) rushed over and started chastising him. I told her it was alright, the paint is old and he wasn't harming anything. She told me that he had a Corvette RC car that he got for X-mas and since then, has had her buy and he's built and painted every "hot rod" model car he can find. She says he loves Corvettes and Vipers.

Poor kid. By the time he gets his driver's license, the Obama-Pelosi single seat, single cylinder go-cart will be the closest to a Corvette that he'll get.

Eakster 06-24-2009 08:57 PM

1. The why do people hate C4s thread was a troll thread - don't feed 'em

2. the OT crowd are mostly comedians and snobs who love baiting 'noobs'.. just roll with it, or don't go in there ;)

3 . My car hits all the right buttons - it's a vette, it's a V8, its American, it's a project I love working on, it can embarrass modern car cars costing 3x more, it looks fantastic when polished, friends and family ask after it

re the later cars - I'd prefer to have the earlier suspension and steering wheel on my later car, especially Z51. They are all great engines- the chevy 350 is legendary! They are all cool :cool: without being douchebaggy like a lot of modern sports cars :thumbs:

:cheers:

bolowbc 06-24-2009 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by "J" (Post 1570557201)
Here is an idea....... SALE IT to somebody that will enjoy it :thumbs: I'm not trying to be an a@#, but if I owned something that I hated it would be gone :flag:

No can do. Absolutely LOVE my car!! Was just being a smart@$$ with my prior comment. :)

mrmtrtrnd 06-24-2009 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by American Raven (Post 1570565387)
I can drive up to the gas station in my 2006 mustang Convertible with the top down and maybe have one or two people look at it. I can drive my '95 black LT1 coupe to the gas station and almost every eye will lock onto it immediately.

Last week I had a kid, maybe 7-8 years old, walk away from his mom's minvan and walk to the Vette as I was pumping gas, he put his hand on the passenger door and started making "Vrooom. Vrooom." noises. The little bastard reminded me of me when I was his age.

His mom(?) rushed over and started chastising him. I told her it was alright, the paint is old and he wasn't harming anything. She told me that he had a Corvette RC car that he got for X-mas and since then, has had her buy and he's built and painted every "hot rod" model car he can find. She says he loves Corvettes and Vipers.

Poor kid. By the time he gets his driver's license, the Obama-Pelosi single seat, single cylinder go-cart will be the closest to a Corvette that he'll get.

That's a cool story at least we know there is another generation of car guys coming up behind us I hope he has the same chance we've had.

corvetteguy93 06-24-2009 10:00 PM

Ten reasons why I like my C4

Reasons I like my 1993 Ruby Red: 1. It's still a Vette 2. Draws attention 3.It's paid for 4. Most bang for the buck 5. Cockpit like a F-14 6. 6-speed manual 7. V-8 rumble 8. Targa top 9. Long,low and wide 10. Makes me smile

lostnfoundC4 06-24-2009 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by 92ragtop (Post 1570559014)
#11 ...because on a windy road, it loves me back. :thumbs:

Amen! :cheers:

RetiredSFC 97 06-25-2009 08:51 AM

the OT crowd are mostly comedians and snobs who love baiting 'noobs'.. just roll with it, or don't go in there
i know they are but being somewhat of a smartazz myself, at times, I can never pass up a chance to tell them to FO. I very rarely go in there 'cause some of the crap they talk about is so elementary. Childish little wanta bes.

A large part of them don't even have a vette and never have.:cheers:

RetiredSFC 97 06-25-2009 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by CorvetteMike2004 (Post 1570564722)
I like this forum because I dont belong to any car clubs. I get to talk shop with all you members. And I learn alot from members sharing their knowlage with us.

I am Biker first. Bike people like all kinds of bikes, new old, way old. Every bike is appriacated for something. They understand the process of technology and at that point in time, that old bike was the best they had in its day. I ride a harley. I wave to everyone on bikes. Dont matter what kind, foriegn or domestic. We are all 2 wheel brothers to me. Im not in any motorcycle clubs.

JMO................Some Corvette people use their vettes as a status symbal. These people will always tell you how crappy your vette is and how great theirs is. These people enjoy bashing other peoples cars.

JMO........Some Corvette people are enthuisests who like all vettes and other sports cars too. They realize every vette has a puorpose. These types of people get adicted to corvettes. Im an addict. Since I was 5 years old. Gas and oil run thru my veins.

Corvette Mike :cheers:

There are a lot of C5 and C6 guys who are not car or vette people at all. They are the look what I have crowd. Anytime I have someone even start to knock someone's vette I just look at them, say uh huh, and move on.

When I first bought my vette I was actually looking for a Bike. A friend of mine had just bought one and I hadn't had one in twenty years so I thought it was time to get back into it. The next thing I knew I was looking at vettes and there you have it. I still want a Bike but can't decide on a Bike or a C3 next year.

The last Bike I had was an AMF :eek: Sportster. There is just something about a Bike and the highway that has always done something to me. You want the feel of freedom on the open road? Get a Bike and the highway is yours!!!:cheers: