CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-tech-performance-101/)
-   -   Coming Soon: Tick Performance Adjustable Clutch Master Cylinder for C6 Corvettes! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-tech-performance/2511113-coming-soon-tick-performance-adjustable-clutch-master-cylinder-for-c6-corvettes.html)

JohnnyLS7 08-04-2010 08:10 PM

tick performance stated they are 99% finished and waiting for a car for final fitment, i called and offered to buy whatever they have and deal with fitment on my own and they refused so im pretty confident they are not ready any time soon as stated.

JayplaySS2 08-04-2010 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by server2 (Post 1574911556)
tick performance stated they are 99% finished and waiting for a car for final fitment, i called and offered to buy whatever they have and deal with fitment on my own and they refused so im pretty confident they are not ready any time soon as stated.

Why bump the thread for this bs? They said they are doing their best-

Why would anyone sell you something that was not ready?

Jimmyz28 08-05-2010 08:04 AM

Still faithfully waiting on you Joey... (it's like waiting to get some from the wife or something Jeez...) :lol: :toetap:

Joey@Tick 08-23-2010 08:58 PM

Our first batch of these kits are finally available! Again, I apologize for the delay folks.

Information here: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...post1575102861

ScottyBud 08-23-2010 09:53 PM

I'm in!

helphos 08-30-2010 01:58 PM

Adjustable Clutch Master

Any chance that one of the others (eg F-Body kit) will fit the C4??
I'm keeping my fingers crossed! :yesnod:
Thanks!
Paul

TickPerformance 08-30-2010 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by helphos (Post 1575169209)
Any chance that one of the others (eg F-Body kit) will fit the C4??
I'm keeping my fingers crossed! :yesnod:
Thanks!
Paul

Paul, we've never had anyone even ask about a kit for a c4 to my knowledge. I don't know if one could be adapted easily or not, but it likely wouldn't be the f-body style. If someone were local to us we would be glad to give it a shot however...

helphos 08-31-2010 07:06 PM

Adjustable Clutch Master cylinder for C4

Originally Posted by Jonathan@Tick (Post 1575173168)
Paul, we've never had anyone even ask about a kit for a c4 to my knowledge. I don't know if one could be adapted easily or not, but it likely wouldn't be the f-body style. If someone were local to us we would be glad to give it a shot however...

Well, I may be in the minority, but I got one of those bad-build slave cylinders (seals installed backwards) and it caused accelerated wear on the synchronizers, 'cause the clutch wouldn't release all the way. (that's how I bought the car- no second gear). I replaced the slave and regained second gear, but it's still not shifting very well. Since my next step (before trans replacement) is a new master cylinder, It seems worthwhile to put in the best quality master cylinder if it's adjustable. If a little additional push doesn't solve my problem, and I still need a new trans, then I won't have invested a lot more money than if I had bought a regular MC.
I live in Maryland, though, so a trip to NC may be out of the question. I don't know if I'm the only one to have this kind of interest. Others may just say "Bite the bullet and Buy a new transmission )(or rebuild)."
That's a big ouch! and I'm trying to avoid it.

There. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Thanks for your consideration!

Paul

Joey@Tick 09-09-2010 01:30 PM

Our first bit of feedback has arrived: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...ch-master.html

Anybody else with input?

JohnnyLS7 09-10-2010 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Joey@TICKshift (Post 1575271956)
Our first bit of feedback has arrived: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...ch-master.html

Anybody else with input?

I am installing mine tomorrow....

my major issue is that the RPS twin CARBON clutch engages very very late at the top of the pedal.... hoping to fix that issue with this...

helphos 09-10-2010 09:51 PM

There are more C4s on the road than c5s

Me so jealous!! If you had a C4 version I would be putting it in this weekend and writing a glowing article about how easy the installation was and illustrating it with pictures of bikini-clad assistants handing me the parts on a velvet cushion.

As it is, I am condemned to continue double clutching to get 2nd gear on the upshift, and only dreaming of downshifting from 3d to 2nd (without the dreaded 'crunch').

Perhaps, someday...

Joey@Tick 09-13-2010 09:48 AM

More feedback: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...ch-master.html

C6-13thPilotCar 09-23-2010 12:05 AM

Review of the new TICK C6 adjustable master cylinder kit.

I received my new C6 Tick master cylinder and installed it 9-15-10. The time required was around 2 1/2 hours. Make sure that you put lock-tight on the new pivot bolt that you install in the clutch petal arm. The install went smooth. Bleed system and adjust, then road test and readjust when all systems are hot. On 9-19-10 I drove over 200 miles on open roads and traffic. I have a RPS twin disc carbon clutch assy. and this was the first it felt like the clutch should when street driving. Smooth engagement starting out, petal position at correct level, not at top of petal like it was with stock master cylinder. It was fun to drive again, easy petal pressure and smooth shifting the whole trip. Barring any future problems with this kit I would rate a 9 out of a 10.

Coldmale 09-23-2010 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by C6-13thPilotCar (Post 1575409580)
I received my new C6 Tick master cylinder and installed it 9-15-10. The time required was around 2 1/2 hours. Make sure that you put lock-tight on the new pivot bolt that you install in the clutch petal arm. The install went smooth. Bleed system and adjust, then road test and readjust when all systems are hot. On 9-19-10 I drove over 200 miles on open roads and traffic. I have a RPS twin disc carbon clutch assy. and this was the first it felt like the clutch should when street driving. Smooth engagement starting out, petal position at correct level, not at top of petal like it was with stock master cylinder. It was fun to drive again, easy petal pressure and smooth shifting the whole trip. Barring any future problems with this kit I would rate a 9 out of a 10.

I too have the RPS Twin Carbon clutch and have complained bitterly about the heavy pedal. Tick suggested that with the 7/8bore M/C that this would get worse.

What is your opinion of that? Mine is in a 2007z06

John

C6-13thPilotCar 09-23-2010 07:36 PM

With the RPS clutch the petal pressure did not get any noticeably harder. It engages much better and with the grab point much lower and it is easier to start out from a stop, less petal travel required for full disengaging of the clutch for shifts. I think you will like it.