CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Reproduction "CUP" wheels (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2942988-reproduction-cup-wheels.html)

SlickShoes 02-10-2012 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by LFZ (Post 1579977813)
Where does that quote say I'd ever put lambo doors on my car? Hate that you wasted all that time searching through my old posts.....nice try bud.

Most reproductions look cheap and are heavy....just the way it is.

Lol @ "cheap looking" from a guy who prefer's ricecake lambo doors on a Vette.

As far as cheap and heavy, "looking cheap" is subjective. I've sat side by side with other vettes on OEM spyders that were indistinguishable from my repros.

And heavy? Please, do you have any idea what all these baller 3 piece forged wheels weigh? ADV.1's and D2Forged, etc? A lot more than OEM's and usually more than repro castings of the same.

Wasn't a waste at all. Surfing forums is surfing forums, clicks are clicks, and discussions are... you get the picture. If I wasn't looking at one thread I'd have been looking at another.

LFZ 02-10-2012 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by SlickShoes (Post 1579978032)
As far as cheap and heavy, "looking cheap" is subjective. I've sat side by side with other vettes on OEM spyders that were indistinguishable from my repros.

And heavy? Please, do you have any idea what all these baller 3 piece forged wheels weigh? ADV.1's and D2Forged, etc? A lot more than OEM's and usually more than repro castings of the same.

Wasn't a waste at all. Surfing forums is surfing forums, clicks are clicks, and discussions are... you get the picture. If I wasn't looking at one thread I'd have been looking at another.

Good points, but we are not talking about ADV1s or 360s. We are talking about reproductions which are replicas of the real-better quality wheels. Those that buy replicas usually don't consider "baller" wheels.

LFZ 02-10-2012 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by SlickShoes (Post 1579978032)
Lol @ "cheap looking" from a guy who prefer's ricecake lambo doors on a Vette.

Prefer them so much I'm having them installed on all my cars...and I will still never put cheap looking reproduction wheels on any of them. :thumbs:

OnPoint 02-10-2012 05:50 PM

How big of a price spread b/n these and factory?

JUIC3D 02-10-2012 06:11 PM

:lurk:

jpuli28 02-10-2012 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by 300Z51 (Post 1579977150)
I called Factory Reproductions in mid January and I was told that the reproduction Cup wheels would not be available until late March/early April. I was also told that the wheels would be available in chrome, black, silver (possibly machined). Since I am looking for a slightly more aggressive stance than stock for my C6 coupe, I asked about the offsets and was told that they would only be available in original stock offsets.

So the info I got a few months back...

"This wheel will be available in late February to Mid-March. It will be available in a number of sizes and finishes.

Doug Heideman
Factory Reproductions Inc"... is no longer the case?

Speedraider, can you advise?

FloydSummerOf68 02-10-2012 07:42 PM

Very nice... I might pick up a set to use as track wheels.

Originally Posted by LFZ (Post 1579975950)
I would never buy repro wheels to put on a vette. But you guys go ahead!

Originally Posted by 1FUNC5 (Post 1579976212)
:iagree:

:rofl:

And why is that, exactly?

Racer 02-10-2012 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by LFZ (Post 1579978073)
Prefer them so much I'm having them installed on all my cars...and I will still never put cheap looking reproduction wheels on any of them. :thumbs:

Cool story Bro, even if your wrong.....................again.

Racer 02-10-2012 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by LFZ (Post 1579978073)

Cool story Bro...................by the way, how is that two sided tape holding your authentic? full length spoiler on?
Heard you were having trouble with it. :thumbs:

SilverScorp 02-10-2012 08:12 PM

As a side note, I'm hoping they make the repro D-cups in comp grey as well. :rock:

MikeyTX 02-10-2012 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Racer (Post 1579979147)
Cool story Bro...................by the way, how is that two sided tape holding your authentic? full length spoiler on?

:thumbs: He should have tried Super Glue ..................... :rofl:

LFZ 02-10-2012 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Racer (Post 1579979147)

Wrong guy....Bro. But cool try..

speedraider 02-10-2012 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Justinjor (Post 1579978322)
:lurk:

:iagree: :lurk: :boxing

bluedevil99 02-10-2012 09:31 PM

Now ladies......

I just want to see these wheels on a car before I buy some black GS wheels. Speedraider I think you should buy them and take some nice comparison shots :yesnod:

JUIC3D 02-10-2012 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by speedraider (Post 1579979628)
:iagree: :lurk: :boxing

:lol: How is that exhaust holding together? You ready for a cam swap yet?

Turbo6TA 02-10-2012 10:00 PM

I have installed OEM comp gray Spider wheels on my 2011 GS.

However, all the reproduction wheels I have seen look just like the OEM variety. The only thing that reproductions need is OEM center caps to replace the plain looking reproduction center caps that come with them.

As far as weight, ya, they may be slightly heavier than a comparable OEM wheel, but unless your into serious road racing, I can't see that a couple of pounds extra weight on the wheels is that big of a deal ... there NOT that much heavier at all.

Some people say the reproduction wheels sometimes need alot of lead to balance them ... Well, one of my OEM wheels also took alot of lead to balance too. So, it's a crap-shoot whether or not you get really balanced wheels out of the box (OEM or reproductions)

Just my 2 pesos :)

speedraider 02-10-2012 10:05 PM

Finally got the exhaust leaks fixed all 8 of them . Had to have a 2 in piece welded to the x pipe, it couldn't go back anymore because the o2 sensors were already hitting the frame. Never again with that brand. Sounds good now. I was telling some of my friends about difference that cam made in yours. That some bitch hauls ass,lol.

300Z51 02-10-2012 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by jpuli28 (Post 1579978638)
So the info I got a few months back...

"This wheel will be available in late February to Mid-March. It will be available in a number of sizes and finishes.

Doug Heideman
Factory Reproductions Inc"... is no longer the case?

Speedraider, can you advise?

Per my post, although the wheels will not be available in additional (more agressive) offsets for standard C6, that does not imply that they will no be "available in a number of sizes." I'm pretty sure that they will be available in both standard and wide body sizes, and possibly even C5 sizes, hence Doug's statement, "....number of sizes."

Racer 02-11-2012 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by LFZ (Post 1579975950)
I would never buy repro wheels to put on a vette. But you guys go ahead!

Would just love to hear this answer....and it better be good...........:lurk:

REDEVIL 02-11-2012 01:51 PM

This is what Doug sent me in reply to my email below. I know this is C6 General but I know you guys were interested in these wheels as well:

"We are in the process of making the wheels and will have an 18/19 option for the C5. Expected availability mid-June.

Doug Heideman
Factory Reproductions Inc"

My original email:

Hello, I was wondering if you are going to be producing the new C6 "Cup" style wheels. Also, I would like to get them in C5 offsets. I'm thinking either 19/20, 18/19 or 19/19 combos for C5's. Please let me know if you plan on producing these wheels. Thank you!