CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   Is the wave dead???? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/3273572-is-the-wave-dead.html)

CalF 05-18-2013 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by la vett girl (Post 1583933549)
No it's not dead. Long live the wave.
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/i...bko1_250-1.gif

:D

That is a flimsy fence between that guy and two large bears.BTW i always wave but if i see a grizzley bear i am not waving i am leaving.

FruiTay 05-18-2013 11:25 PM

I got a RAD wave from a C6 removable top the other day plus a c2 guy! C6 z, forget about it. C4s ALWAYS seem happy to wave.
When I get a C6Z I will wave to EVERYONE!!
Just as I do in my C5Z.

FruiTay 05-18-2013 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by imgn tht (Post 1583934442)
I read this (and Mr Bill's) and just had to reply. I'm 35 and just purchased my first Corvette last Fall...a 2004 coupe. The first day I brought it home, I happened upon another C5 and got a wave. I instantly felt that my new purchase wasn't just a new car in my life, but a new community in my life. I joined this forum to learn as much as I could and read different experiences. I have to tell you all though, I WISH I grew up in the 50's/60's. From my viewpoint, the world just seemed like a nicer place than it is today. Less complicated technology, slower pace of life, less nut-jobs on the loose, wholesome, easier to trust strangers and people seem more friendly to other human beings. Perhaps I'm being naïve and my opinions of what it was really like are all wrong...plus I'm only focusing on the good parts, but still seems like a time I would have liked to experience myself. :thumbs:

Almost forgot to add: I wave every time and will continue to do so regardless of the other person's actions. It's part of the ownership experience and your responsibility as a Corvette owner.

I'm 27 and you took the words right out of my mouth. My mom and step dad think times are better now because of the crazy assassinations and all then people they lost to war. They sound like sad days. But when you think about muscle cars and kids playing outside all day and everything you mentioned, it does sound like a dream.

bikeriderga 05-18-2013 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by davisce (Post 1583933336)
I've noticed the samething. . . . . about 50% of the time the other person is on
the damn cell phone. . . . . Who in hell drives a Vette and talks on the
cell at the same time ????

Cell phones are much worst than alcohol. I have one dead friend from cell phone drivers, another suffering multiple injuries and loss of income due to cell phone drivers, I have had two wrecks myself involving cell phone drivers.

I wish we had a Mothers Against Cell Phone Drivers, as we do a MADD. Unfortunately, the MADD moms are the most guilty parties of Driving While Under the Influence of Useless Conversation.

Hell, I do not believe most SUVs will even crank without a cell phone in use.

Mr.Bill 05-18-2013 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by imgn tht (Post 1583934442)
I read this (and Mr Bill's) and just had to reply. I'm 35 and just purchased my first Corvette last Fall...a 2004 coupe. The first day I brought it home, I happened upon another C5 and got a wave. I instantly felt that my new purchase wasn't just a new car in my life, but a new community in my life. I joined this forum to learn as much as I could and read different experiences. I have to tell you all though, I WISH I grew up in the 50's/60's. From my viewpoint, the world just seemed like a nicer place than it is today. Less complicated technology, slower pace of life, less nut-jobs on the loose, wholesome, easier to trust strangers and people seem more friendly to other human beings. Perhaps I'm being naïve and my opinions of what it was really like are all wrong...plus I'm only focusing on the good parts, but still seems like a time I would have liked to experience myself. :thumbs:

Almost forgot to add: I wave every time and will continue to do so regardless of the other person's actions. It's part of the ownership experience and your responsibility as a Corvette owner.

The 60's and 70's were some of the best times in my life growing up in San Francisco. (What I can remember).. :rofl:

bikeriderga 05-18-2013 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.Bill (Post 1583935470)
The 60's and 70's were some of the best times in my life growing up in San Francisco. (What I can remember).. :rofl:

San Francisco??? Isn't that the city where the majority of traditionally married couples are experiencing extreme difficulty? All two of them?

Mr.Bill 05-18-2013 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by bikeriderga (Post 1583935484)
San Francisco??? Isn't that the city where the majority of traditionally married couples are experiencing extreme difficulty? All two of them?

I moved in 1970, Things are a lot different than back in the day, At least they don't marry family. :D

Cliff8928 05-19-2013 12:16 AM

The wave is still alive here... I actually was surprised by a few (2 C4s and a C6) driving together on my lunch break today.

toughshift 05-19-2013 12:16 AM

I was out and about in the Twin Cities today....not one wave...in fact, not one Corvette did I see in aprrox 2 hours....Where are you for crissake?

Suthunman 05-19-2013 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin (Post 1583934622)
looks like IM getting sucked back to the 50's and sixties.. back then you could identify every car by how it looks not buy the cookie cutter foreign cars we see today, the ones that you cant tell one from the other without reading the badge.. there were no cells phones and one TV the media was the evening news, no CNN, or Cspan you could leave your doors and windows open and leave the house. the " Family " all got together at some lake or park and everyone was there bringing their own specially food. we played softball and talked trash and watched the generations of family member smile and laugh and not worry about reality shows. Great grand mom and pa were there with grandma and grandpa, aunts and uncles cousins and niece, brothers and sisters. Much slower times, you know when Coke was a coke. there was an innocence in the relationships we had as kids, today they are having babies at 13. living on welfare and food stamps. The world was better back then, you could walk down the street in the evening and not have to look over your shoulder or make sure your Glock was on safe. I miss those days and somehow made it through with out a computer, or a cell phone. Kids went to dances at the church or school. And we had respect for our elders. today every other word out of some kids mouth be it boy or girl is the F word. even when older people are present. Yeah I am old, but I grew up with morals and ethics, like 90 % of my friends. not sure that is a case with kids today. People are trying to keep up with the jones's, even if they cant afford it.... Sorry... just an old guy talking about the good old days, and unfortunately Like Gladys Knight once sang... in 20 years, these days will be the good old days. What does that say about the way the world is heading.

:iagree:

I think the root of many of our problems today are the kids not being taught respect, morals and ethics.

Suthunman 05-19-2013 01:29 AM

I never know what to expect when I go out for a drive. Some days everyone waves, other days very few wave. I have noticed I get fewer waves from a C6 but the other day I was meeting what looked like a new yellow C6 coupe. Much to my surprise this hand comes up over the top of the windshield with a big wave. As we passed I looked over at the driver. It was an oooooooold black man, wearing one of those go to hell hats and he had the biggest grin on his face I believe I've ever seen. It brightened my day just to see what a great time he was having driving his Vette.

oldschoolvette 05-19-2013 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Suthunman (Post 1583935889)

I think the root of many of our problems today are the kids not being taught respect, morals and ethics.

:sadangel::flaghalfmast: this is so true

03 A/E Coupe 05-19-2013 07:44 AM

Went 0 for 5 yesterday.

I'll still continue to acknowledge others of all generations with the wave.

Crosis 05-19-2013 07:58 AM

If you think the wave is dying then just continue waving. People receive enough waves they will figure it out and start waving too.

xdmikey 05-19-2013 09:09 AM

I don't talk on the phone or listen to the radio-just the pipes!

I wave. Always have and always will.

jvette2 05-19-2013 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by 65GGvert (Post 1583933246)
A lot of younger buyers these days. They aren't aware of history or tradition, just looking for the fastest car for the least money. If you read some of the posts, you can see they don't know much about the car they bought either. Personally, I wave at every Corvette I see, whether they see me or not. I'm waving to show respect for their car, and I don't get my feelings hurt if they don't return the wave. Nobody can ever say they passed my in either Corvette and I didn't wave. It's just the way I was brought up.

I must agree too many new Corvette owners that don't about the wave. I just know that as far as I am concerned the wave is not dead at least with me.

540i 6spd 05-19-2013 09:43 AM

Two yesterday from corvette drivers and three from people on hog's

DevilDog II 05-19-2013 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Mr.Bill (Post 1583935470)

Did you wear a flower in your hair? ;)

4deatr 05-19-2013 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by nitemaher (Post 1583933059)
I wave evey time regardless if the other person does or not.

The C4 people said the same thing about the C5 people when it came out. The C6 people will say the same thing about the c7 when is out.:lol:

Mr.Bill 05-19-2013 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by DevilDog II (Post 1583937130)
Did you wear a flower in your hair? ;)

Hahahahaha