CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Corvettes are selling FAST (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/4526898-corvettes-are-selling-fast.html)

Skid Row Joe 05-14-2021 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Bird67 (Post 1603451082)
Darn. I was just about to drive over to my local Chevy dealer on a whim and buy one. I was hoping to test drive a few and maybe bring one home today to surprise the wife.

Call around. They're available NEW, and used on Chevrolet showroom floors.

khearon23 05-14-2021 11:09 PM

There's always someone bashing those who decide to sell. The market was down most of 2020...but what gets lost at times is a lot of folks lost their jobs and had to dip into finances they had not planned to touch.

So I say...if you find equity in your vehicle....sell it if it helps or if you just want to.....even if it's just for a few thousand in your pocket. You don't owe anyone an explanation for doing what makes sense for you.

449er 05-15-2021 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by sgt1372 (Post 1603448582)
Depends where you live. No gas shortage in CA but premium is selling for $4.40-4.50 in the SF Bay Area but gas prices are always higher here. The only places usually more expensive than CA are Hawaii and Alaska.

It wouldn't surprise me for premium prices to push up to or over $5 after the CA refineries switch to their "summer blend" which supposedly reduces carbon emissions but all I know is that it raises gas prices further during the summer.

BTW, I lived in Boston during the gas "crisis" in the 1973 and in DC in 1979 and those gas shortages lasted MONTHS, not just a week.

See, for example: https://www.npr.org/sections/picture...s-in-the-1970s

unlike 1973, there are no shortages, we just experienced a temporary pipeline shut down that is already back up on line...if it wasn't for the fools that thought it was ok to fill up a 500 gallon tote in the back of their pick up truck, or bring 12 five gallon cans to the gas station so that "I'm going to get mine & screw the rest of you" mentality even that could have been less of a hassle

Speef 05-15-2021 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by khearon23 (Post 1603454327)
There's always someone bashing those who decide to sell. The market was down most of 2020...but what gets lost at times is a lot of folks lost their jobs and had to dip into finances they had not planned to touch.

So I say...if you find equity in your vehicle....sell it if it helps or if you just want to.....even if it's just for a few thousand in your pocket. You don't owe anyone an explanation for doing what makes sense for you.

very well said

vbb 05-15-2021 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by khearon23 (Post 1603454327)

I'm not sure anyone is "bashing" anyone else for selling their car. I went back and read through the thread just to be sure. And especially if someone has fallen on a financial hardship and has an expensive toy sitting in the garage or driveway, of course nobody is critical of someone selling. Is that what you think is happening?

I think those of us that have posted are simply wondering if the prospect of making (or more accurately, not losing) what amounts to a few thousand bucks is worth giving up a vehicle that brings miles of smiles. It's more of an "are you sure?" type of post so that fellow Vette owners aren't filled with seller's remorse later. Nobody here is trying to put anyone else down or bash them, and especially not if financial situations necessitate a sale.

It's a discussion forum afterall. Let's not be afraid to have discussions.

LanceVette 05-15-2021 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe (Post 1603449061)
^^^^ You're in the catbird seat!

Thank you. :)