CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   No Z51 Bad Idea? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3634782-no-z51-bad-idea.html)

DELKDL 04-11-2015 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by oyealiz (Post 1589394653)
I bought non z51, 3lt. No regrets. The only place people try to tell you how stupid your decision was and that you must be a cheap (or poor), low class citizen is here. :lol:

Perfect statement! I got what you have and am glad I made that decision (right for me). The average Joe doesn't "think" Z51, or care! They just see CORVETTE! Cool! Plus, as stated elsewhere, the Z51 option pales compared to the Z06 Z07.

Always Red Dave 04-11-2015 08:11 PM

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...c5b7699821.jpg
I like the Z51 and would have paid the $2000 just to have the SLOTTED ROTORS! The slotted rotors make the car look even more BADAZZZZZZ!JMHO....

hawkgfr 04-11-2015 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by jma242 (Post 1589395180)
It's noticeable to me! I could not stand the smaller brakes/rotors on my last car, so the bigger the better.

Gotcha...that one inch on the fronts is a lot...:lol:

hawkgfr 04-11-2015 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Always Red Dave (Post 1589395992)
I like the Z51 and would have paid the $2000 just to have the SLOTTED ROTORS! The slotted rotors make the car look even more BADAZZZZZZ!JMHO....

Wow..what would you give for drilled?:eek:

Always Red Dave 04-11-2015 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by hawkgfr (Post 1589396598)
Wow..what would you give for drilled?:eek:

I had the drilled on my 2008 C6 vert they came free with F55 magnetic ride control.:D

9ball1104 04-12-2015 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Always Red Dave (Post 1589395992)

Maybe, but try'n to keep the wheels clean from brake dust kinda ruins it for me.

Gr8ful 04-12-2015 12:10 AM

I had my C7 for sale and the first thing they ask was " is it a Z51? ". The mag ride is a great option, I can really tell the differance between sport and tour.
My $.02 worth.

Always Red Dave 04-12-2015 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by 9ball1104 (Post 1589397234)
Maybe, but try'n to keep the wheels clean from brake dust kinda ruins it for me.

That's half the fun I clean my black wheels at least every other time I take the car out for a spin only takes a minute or two with detail spray to do a quick cleaning.:thumbs:

MikeC4C5C6...C7 04-12-2015 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Indiancent (Post 1589387804)
I found a car to buy, here is the......BUT:
It does not have the Z51 package and the mag ride option.
It however has the ZF1 appearance package, LT2 package and all the interior comforts including heads up display. It also has the performance exhaust and the black wheels that I wanted.
The price is discounted by approx. 3K to 64K.
If I just want to cruise and occasionally enjoy some spirited driving, why pay for the suspension upgrades and the mag ride. I don't want a suspension that is track firm for 95% of my driving.
Guess I am not sure if the lack of Z51 and mag ride will cause the car to depreciate even faster and shrink the group of potential buyers that may want the car when I am ready to sell?
What else may I be missing?
Since this is my first Corvette purchase and I am not very familiar with this market, I'd appreciate all your thoughts. Thanks so much.

I sold my last two Corvettes (99 C5, 06 C6) to guys who were buying their first Corvettes. Neither seemed to care much about the options, they liked the color (red) and the great condition of the cars. Both were thrilled to finally be entering the world of Corvette!

Neither car was a Z51. But, my ordered C7 is. Why? Magnetic Selective Ride Control. In my opinion, it is that good. (Ferrari licenses this technology from GM.).

Finally, if you can afford it, buy it with as many options as you can find. Why not buy the best car that Stingray can be if you can afford it?

Whatever you decide and do, you will LOVE this car!

9ball1104 04-12-2015 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Gr8ful (Post 1589397247)
I had my C7 for sale and the first thing they ask was " is it a Z51? ". The mag ride is a great option, I can really tell the differance between sport and tour.
My $.02 worth.

Yea, that would be the first thing I would ask since I didn't want that option. Doesn't surprise me though, since Z51's were in short supply in some areas. But once a vehicle is a few years old, the care and maintenance will correctly be the main consideration for most buyers. But I am amazed how many folks buy or don't buy options based on resale value instead of getting what makes sense for them. I bought Apple stock based on resale value. I bought my C7 to drive.

RedC7AZ 04-12-2015 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by 9ball1104 (Post 1589397958)
...I am amazed how many folks buy or don't buy options based on resale value instead of getting what makes sense for them. I bought Apple stock based on resale value. I bought my C7 to drive.

Since money is an object for most Corvette buyers, it's all about striking a balance between getting what you want and resale value.

If person A wants an option so bad that they can't live without it, get it, even if it is an option that won't help resale value at all.

If person B has the same option at the bottom of their want list and does not want it nearly as much as person A, and would be just as happy with or without it, then don't get it.

If money is no object, get an absolutely loaded car (whatever you want and then some), since the bath you'll take at resale time won't matter to you.

Indiancent 04-12-2015 02:20 PM

Thank you all for your generous input!
I am thrilled to see that this forum is so active, never expected so many comments.
I think at this point I will place an order with a forum supporting dealer and wait for a 2016 model (why not, it's so close).
First I will drive my neighbors Corvette, I believe it is a non Z51 and then I will hope to find someone that has a Z51 with mag ride, in order to have a comparison. After all at this point "I" don't really know what I am talking about, it's all theory to me.
What I don't like, is the fact that the local dealers don't want me to test drive a car until I decide to buy. If they are that concerned that the new cars are getting too many miles on them before they are bought, they should invest in a demo car. After all they can easily afford that with second stickers up to 10K and no discounts. On a 75K MSRP Corvette that can mean an additional $16,750 in their pocket!
Looking forward to my first drive. Mike