CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   MT Grand Sport vs. 911 S (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2998289-mt-grand-sport-vs-911-s.html)

trapp 02-15-2012 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by masihman (Post 1579964756)
For those of you interested they just did a video on this. I think you all know the outcome. For my money I'll still take the vette. As for the comment about cross shopping, based on what I've heard on the forum, I'd disagree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24MFk...layer_embedded

I Dumped my 911s for a GS.....The 911s runs out of power really quick. Mine was a 06 the older version. 355hp vs 400hp. But the torque is still way behind. I would not swap back. You can't mod a 911S very much at all. the v8 is waaaaaaaay better. The porsche just sounds weak compared to the v8 perioid.

Z0SIXXXIN 02-15-2012 08:35 PM

You have got to be kidding me! What is the deal with all of these people writing comparisons of cars that are not even close to the same price range? I think all comparisons like this need to be based on price and type of car. Ok, both are performance sports cars...so why compare the Porsche with a grand sport...put it against the ZR1...or even the Z06. You don't see idiots doing comparisons of the ZR1 and a Nissan 370Z...same principal here. When I have 100k to spend on a car, I want to compare cars that are in the same price range...ahhhhhh just venting over another bias comparison...next we will see the Aventador vs. the grand sport so more people can talk crap about our seats.

SloChicken 02-15-2012 08:49 PM

Dear Racer,

You are a self-loving, conceited, egoistic, egoistical, egomaniacal, egotistic, individualistic, megalomaniac, narcissistic, pompous, self-absorbed, self-centered, self-concerned, self-indulgent, self-interested, self-loving , self-serving, selfish, stuck-up, vainglorious dark hole on the back of an elephant's backside,

and according to the 37 bazillion posts you talk too damned much.

Why don't you stop polishing the firepole and help your crew with the truck once in a while?

Other than that you are are a really great guy.

Floyd, you tried your best. Sometimes, well, you know how meatheads in the gym are ... Well, they are the same way here. Staring in the mirror admiring themselves.

Just glad I live here and not somewhere in Alberta where I might have the misfortune of running into the guy.

U sure can f up a good forum ...

SloChicken 02-15-2012 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by trapp (Post 1580024532)
I Dumped my 911s for a GS.....The 911s runs out of power really quick. Mine was a 06 the older version. 355hp vs 400hp. But the torque is still way behind. I would not swap back. You can't mod a 911S very much at all. the v8 is waaaaaaaay better. I porsche just sound weak..

Just drove a Maserati GrandSport (Ferrari engine based), and it was much the same way. Nice interior, but the torque sucked. it kind of drove a little too soft too. Too bad, as I was interested in the car, until I drove it. Sure sounded nice tho.
Frankly, I don't have some sort of twisted love affair with any of my vehicles, except my Harley (which, compared to my other bikes quite a bit slower and usind dated technology BTW). Never could understand the whole "I only date blondes theory - seems those poor fools are missing out. But that is just me.
I am sure the PCar would be more sporting. and the interior is nice.

Furthermore, (and I am sure this will make some people hot under the collar) the PCar is a better braking and accellerating car than a front engine car (including the Vette) by design, expressly due to the rear engine.
Of course, that isn't everything.
End of it all, the cars talked about here trade the podium often at your average ALMS, SCCA, or take your pick of any series out there, so they all can get it done. And in race trim (such as ALMS 21s avatar car) they are all much more badass than any one of our cars. Just get used to it.
There is always someone faster, better, or cooler. Sorry Racer, I know it hurts to hear, but it is true ...

The whole thing about these guys and the love affair with "only the Vette", or "only the PCar" or "look at me and my Fcar" or any of that is redonkulous to the end.

U guys kill me ...

I have 5 different countries of vehicles (6 if you count my French boat).
They are all pieces of **** in their own way.
They are all great as well.

I love them all, and the members of the club all have a great time admiring the best of each.

Of course that couldn't happen here. Ooooh Noooo ...

Friggin' bunch'a meatheads sometimes ...

RULEMKR 02-15-2012 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by SloChicken (Post 1580024967)
Just drove a Maserati GrandSport (Ferrari engine based), and it was much the same way. Nice interior, but the torque sucked. it kind of drove a little too soft too. Too bad, as I was interested in the car, until I drove it. Sure sounded nice tho.
Frankly, I don't have some sort of twisted love affair with any of my vehicles, except my Harley (which, compared to my other bikes quite a bit slower and usind dated technology BTW). Never could understand the whole "I only date blondes theory - seems those poor fools are missing out. But that is just me.

Furthermore, (and I am sure this will make some people hot under the collar) the PCar is a better braking and accellerating car than a front engine car (including the Vette) by design, expressly due to the rear engine.
End of it all, the cars talked about here trade the podium often at your average ALMS, SCCA, or take your pick of any series out there, so they all can get it done. And in race trim (such as ALMS 21s avatar car) they are all much more badass than any one of our cars. Just get used to it.
There is always someone faster, better, or cooler. Sorry Racer, I know it hurts to hear, but it is true ...

The whole thing about these guys and the love affair with "only the Vette", or "only the PCar" or "look at me and my Fcar" or any of that is redonkulous to the end.

U guys kill me ...

I love them all, and the members of the club all have a great time admiring the best of each.

Well it is after all " Corvette Forum" . There's a slim chance that people might
really like their cars here and might not take too kindly to the bashing or rudeness of calling their cars ugly or what other adjetive one chooses to use.

trapp 02-15-2012 09:36 PM

U guys kill me ...

Hard to follow your ramblings...I just stated I enjoy the GS way more then I enjoyed the 911S. That was my input based on previously owning both. Everyone to there own..I agree... Buy and drive what you want...bah bah bah...

SloChicken 02-15-2012 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by RULEMKR (Post 1580025283)
Well it is after all " Corvette Forum" . There's a slim chance that people might
really like their cars here and might not take too kindly to the bashing or rudeness of calling their cars ugly or what other adjetive one chooses to use.

I agree, but there has been much more of that childishness coming from the home team than the other way around. Same usual suspects too. Gets kind of old ... Gets real old.
I really like my Corvette, the way people view corvette owners, not so much. If those people came here their views would be well substantiated.

End of it all, I just want a car that has good power, handles well, and is at a price range that fits my budget.
It could be any car, but for now it is the vette.
Doesn't mean I feel like my testicles are so shrunken that I need to diss a Boxter, or 911 to make myself feel better.

Frankly, that is a bunch of BS that needs to end. But it won't (as represented by the aformentioned 37 bazillion posts noted above).
So, I put on the boots, and wade through the BS to get to the good info - sad thing is, most of all of it gets infected anyway. Same usual suspects, different day ...

RULEMKR 02-15-2012 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by SloChicken (Post 1580025376)
I agree, but there has been much more of that childishness coming from the home team than the other way around. Same usual suspects too. Gets kind of old ... Gets real old.
I really like my Corvette, the way people view corvette owners, not so much. If those people came here their views would be well substantiated.

End of it all, I just want a car that has good power, handles well, and is at a price range that fits my budget.
Doesn't mean I feel like my testicles are so shrunken that I need to diss a Boxter, or 911 to make myself feel better.

Frankly, that is a bunch of BS that needs to end. But it won't (as represented by the aformentioned 37 bazillion posts noted above).
So, I put on the boots, and wade through the BS to get to the good info - sad thing is, most of all of it gets infected anyway. Same usual suspects, different day ...

I feel ya! :cheers:

SloChicken 02-15-2012 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by trapp (Post 1580025329)
Hard to follow your ramblings...I just stated I enjoy the GS way more then I enjoyed the 911S. That was my input based on previously owning both. Everyone to there own..I agree... Buy and drive what you want...bah bah bah...

I too agree with what you said. As for the 997s, the big improvements in that car came with the 2007 model year (more hp, better mainseal, etc), as I am sure you know.
Still, they are a great car, as is the Vette. Seems no need to bash the other guy.
If someone said some of the derogatory schtip they say about cars around here, but it was about my girl and they were within reach, they would soon get throttled.
Yet it goes on and on here.

Like I said, it f's up an otherwise great site.

trapp 02-15-2012 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by SloChicken (Post 1580025434)
I too agree with what you said. As for the 997s, the big improvements in that car came with the 2007 model year (more hp, better mainseal, etc), as I am sure you know.
Still, they are a great car, as is the Vette. Seems no need to bash the other guy.
If someone said some of the derogatory schtip they say about cars around here, but it was about my girl and they were within reach, they would soon get throttled.
Yet it goes on and on here.

Like I said, it f's up an otherwise great site.

On the flip side...have you trolled on the porsche forums...being a former porsche owner I lived on the porsche forum...they tend to be the same animals...very protective of their own.. We gold chain, rednecks have no idea what a elite car the porsche is...yea yea yea...
Bottom line I got rid of my porsche 911s because every frickin vette I ran into smoked my ass....now a 911 turbo s is a different story but alot of cash..

C3 Vette Fan 02-15-2012 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by SloChicken (Post 1580025376)

So in your world someone that does not like a Boxter or 911 does not like to make himself feel better?

Maybe you could supply us all a list of cars that you feel should not be dissed (in your words)? This way you will feel better.

Nobody here has said the Corvette is perfect. The Corvette has flaws as every other car in the world. Yet the usual suspects including non-owners for some reason like to dump on it. Including one guy that dislikes a entire half of the 60 year Corvette run. Some seem to get very angry when a Porsche or BMW is dissed (your words), and their dissing (your words) of the Corvette get even harsher after that. Not a big deal except it's a patern with some. Almost everyone knows who they are.:ack:

X25 02-15-2012 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by C3 Vette Fan (Post 1580025980)
So in your world someone that does not like a Boxter or 911 does not like to make himself feel better?

Maybe you could supply us all a list of cars that you feel should not be dissed (in your words)? This way you will feel better.

Nobody here has said the Corvette is perfect. The Corvette has flaws as every other car in the world. Yet the usual suspects including non-owners for some reason like to dump on it. Including one guy that dislikes a entire half of the 60 year Corvette run. Some seem to get very angry when a Porsche or BMW is dissed (your words), and their dissing (your words) of the Corvette get even harsher after that. Not a big deal except it's a patern with some. Almost everyone knows who they are.:ack:

I don't get your point. If I understand correctly, he only means to say that being a fan boy and dissing anything but what you own screws up this whole thread.

Another thing: Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion, and I would respect that as long as one puts it out in a respectful way. However, when one personally attacks another because of his/her opinion, saying s/he is pissed, or s/he is cornered, etc., that person loses me. In fact, it is embarrassing for this site as a whole when it happens.

wannabe1 02-15-2012 11:04 PM

I'm tired of these Porsche Blowing journalists talking about how great the double clutch gearbox is. I had one and it was crap. Yeah it it shifts great at full throttle but god forbid you try to creep forward from a stop. It does a herky jerky bounce like a 15 year old girl learning to drive a manual. My fabulous German engineered car also burnt oil worse than anything I've ever seen. I like to keep my car clean including the wheels an exhaust tips and the tips would be covered in a thick film of oil within a couple days of cleaning them. The dealer said it was normal. I guess for a German turbo car it's normal not for any American car I have ever owned or my ****** 88 Buick regal I learned to drive on. When I was sent a letter by the manufacturer extending the warranty for my wonderful double clutch transmission because they were having so many problems with them I was done. I sold it and bought my c6 and haven't looked back. It shifts like a car should and doesn't burn oil.

SloChicken 02-15-2012 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Ozer (Post 1580026084)
I don't get your point. If I understand correctly, he only means to say that being a fan boy and dissing anything but what you own screws up this whole thread.

Another thing: Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion, and I would respect that as long as one puts it out in a respectful way. However, when one personally attacks another because of his/her opinion, saying s/he is pissed, or s/he is cornered, etc., that person loses me. In fact, it is embarrassing for this site as a whole when it happens.

This ...

96ss#80 02-15-2012 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68 (Post 1580011171)
Well I certainly believe it, but like I said, I have never seen it. (And to clarify, I was actually talking about 1/4 mile). The only stock ZR1 I've ever seen on a road course over-heated fairly quickly and was having issues.

I know that in the right hands the ZR1 is the faster car. I've never doubted that, but I know that in the hands of literally everyone I've seen the Turbo is the quicker car.

In that case you should have said quicker… Im positive the 911 turbo S with pdk is quicker to 60 an in most cases the quarter mile. But that is due to 4 wheel drive traction advantage. What about after that? the Z will have a higher trap speed, an if you keep going the Zr1 will walk away. (plus serious drag racers use slicks an that gives the Z a win again)

Please dont think i am bashing the Porsche! I really do like them (997- 991) an I TRULY hope GM realizes the performance advantages of the paddle shifted manual trans!!!!! !!!! !!!! (If the Vette had that it would DESTROY the 911 PERIOD) But they should be compared as close to dollar for dollar as possible… In which case the Vette wins IN overall PERFORMANCE every time. these are simply the facts. An with all the money you save…. interior, performance, small boat, collage tuition, a nice vacation for the next several years, a nice CPO Benz to drive daily…. Im just saying I like porsche but Give credit where it is due... Corvette is winning right now AN I hope GM keeps heading in the right direction!!!

C3 Vette Fan 02-15-2012 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Ozer (Post 1580026084)

They are his words. According to him guys that actually like the car they own (I know that's crazy), and do not like (or diss) the Boxter or 911 do it to make themselves feel better.

See I like the cars I own. Hell I worked for them and bought them. There are reasons I do not like the Porsche and certain BMW models. Fortunately I live in America and I can voice my opinion. As the guys that have bashed (dissed) the Corvette do. Yet I find it strange that anyone who does not own a Corvette signs on to the Corvette Forum and bash it while being a fan boy for another car. I also find it a bit odd that a guy who bought a car would be so unhappy with it he would bash it at almost every chance he gets. Then defend his comments saying but, but, but I said it's the best bang for the buck.

X25 02-15-2012 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by wannabe1 (Post 1580026116)
I'm tired of these Porsche Blowing journalists talking about how great the double clutch gearbox is. I had one and it was crap. Yeah it it shifts great at full throttle but god forbid you try to creep forward from a stop. It does a herky jerky bounce like a 15 year old girl learning to drive a manual. My fabulous German engineered car also burnt oil worse than anything I've ever seen. I like to keep my car clean including the wheels an exhaust tips and the tips would be covered in a thick film of oil within a couple days of cleaning them. The dealer said it was normal. I guess for a German turbo car it's normal not for any American car I have ever owned or my ****** 88 Buick regal I learned to drive on. When I was sent a letter by the manufacturer extending the warranty for my wonderful double clutch transmission because they were having so many problems with them I was done. I sold it and bought my c6 and haven't looked back. It shifts like a car should and doesn't burn oil.

+1 When I bought my manual Evo X (which I sold 3 months later), I test drove the MR version with the dual clutch transmission as well as GTI with its dual clutch. At both times it felt more suited for track use with its quick seamless shifts at full throttle, but any throttle more than 30% and less than 90% was met with confused, late and abrupt shifts. Even then, if C7 offers dual clutch, I'd seriously consider it since it is even a bigger advantage to have a dual clutch at a car with so much torque which requires manhandling the transmission a bit due to big gearsets, and I do intend to track my Corvette quite a bit :)

Mr. Lau 02-15-2012 11:44 PM

Once again, MT doesn't give the Vette a fair chance whatsoever. The price differential is too ridiculous to look over. For $100k+, the Z06 would take that 911 to school, and teach it a few things about how to be a real sports car.

SloChicken 02-15-2012 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by C3 Vette Fan (Post 1580026223)
They are his words. According to him guys that actually like the car they own (I know that's crazy), and do not like (or diss) the Boxter or 911 do it to make themselves feel better.

See I like the cars I own. Hell I worked for them and bought them. There are reasons I do not like the Porsche and certain BMW models. Fortunately I live in America and I can voice my opinion. As the guys that have bashed (dissed) the Corvette do. Yet I find it strange that anyone who does not own a Corvette signs on to the Corvette Forum and bash it while being a fan boy for another car. I also find it a bit odd that a guy who bought a car would be so unhappy with it he would bash it at almost every chance he gets. Then defend his comments saying but, but, but I said it's the best bang for the buck.

First, ALMS21 has owned a few Vettes as I recall, and may have one now. He wants to drive a different marque and that is his prerogitive. No skin off my nose either way.
I had 3 BMWs before my C6 and they were (like I said some pages ago when the discussion was still on cars) completely trouble free. I paid for scheduled maintenance, and that was it. I put approximately 50K miles on each.
All said, I got 150k trouble free (read: no problems) miles out of my M3s, and they were great fun to drive.
A side note that may make you think a bit; the engine in the E46 is one of the highest rated performance engines of all time by most anyone in the know.
Furthermore, the E46 M3 designated car had 100hp/L, (333hp/3.2L) long regarded as a threshold race worthy number, especially as opposed to a "powerhouse" such as the LS3 (436hp/6.2L.)
The only Vette to "ever" do that, is the ZR1, and just barely. And it has to use forced injection.
Not trying to step on the ZR1 as it is a great car, but just trying to add a bit of perspective to the "kalidescope" view some around here seem to have.
Regarding the dissing other cars to make one's self feel better, bigger, cooler, or any of a long list of self-serving reasons is like someone trying to be the bully of the neighborhood to curry favor.
And that is what Racer does.
so yes, I am saying, by my estimation, "Racer" disses anything that he doesn't have so he can feel better. It is there in black and white (and by his own signature some 65 trillion times or something - you would think he is in a race with McDonald's hamburgers ...)
The guy trashes any decent discussion and pretty much makes a mess of the site.
If you don't believe me, feel free to have a look at the guys posts. Again he does it in this thread.
It is like this webpage get a herpes flareup each time he posts.

BTW, why are you on a c6 thread if you own a C3? That is somewhat like what you are insinuating ALMS21 is doing, isn't it?

I really like my vette, and it is faster than my M3s were. But that isn't everything to a car, now is it? My vette has had more problems in the short 30k I have owned it than all three of my M3s combined.

Just a bit of perspective, and an explanation of from where my comments are derived.

Racer 02-15-2012 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by SloChicken (Post 1580024838)
Dear Racer,

You are a self-loving, conceited, egoistic, egoistical, egomaniacal, egotistic, individualistic, megalomaniac, narcissistic, pompous, self-absorbed, self-centered, self-concerned, self-indulgent, self-interested, self-loving , self-serving, selfish, stuck-up, vainglorious dark hole on the back of an elephant's backside,

and according to the 37 bazillion posts you talk too damned much.

Why don't you stop polishing the firepole and help your crew with the truck once in a while?

Other than that you are are a really great guy.

Floyd, you tried your best. Sometimes, well, you know how meatheads in the gym are ... Well, they are the same way here. Staring in the mirror admiring themselves.

Just glad I live here and not somewhere in Alberta where I might have the misfortune of running into the guy.

U sure can f up a good forum ...

U guys kill me ...

Originally Posted by SloChicken (Post 1580026418)
First, ALMS21 has owned a few Vettes as I recall, and may have one now. He wants to drive a different marque and that is his prerogitive. No skin off my nose either way.
I had 3 BMWs before my C6 and they were (like I said some pages ago when the discussion was still on cars) completely trouble free. I paid for scheduled maintenance, and that was it. I put approximately 50K miles on each.
All said, I got 150k trouble free (read: no problems) miles out of my M3s, and they were great fun to drive.
A side note that may make you think a bit; the engine in the E46 is one of the highest rated performance engines of all time by most anyone in the know.
Furthermore, the E46 M3 designated car had 100hp/L, (333hp/3.2L) long regarded as a threshold race worthy number, especially as opposed to a "powerhouse" such as the LS3 (436hp/6.2L.)
The only Vette to "ever" do that, is the ZR1, and just barely. And it has to use forced injection.
Not trying to step on the ZR1 as it is a great car, but just trying to add a bit of perspective to the "kalidescope" view some around here seem to have.
Regarding the dissing other cars to make one's self feel better, bigger, cooler, or any of a long list of self-serving reasons is like someone trying to be the bully of the neighborhood to curry favor.
so yes, I am saying, by my estimation, "Racer" disses anything that he doesn't have so he can feel better. It is there in black and white (and by his own signature some 65 trillion times or something - you would think he is in a race with McDonald's hamburgers ...)
If you don't believe me, feel free to have a look at the guys posts. Again he does it in this thread.

BTW, why are you on a c6 thread if you own a C3? That is somewhat like what you are insinuating ALMS21 is doing, isn't it?

I really like my vette, and it is faster than my M3s were. But that isn't everything to a car, now is it? My vette has had more problems in the short 30k I have owned it than all three of my M3s combined.

Just a bit of perspective, and an explanation of from where my comments are derived.

Can some one please wake me up when he's over..... :rofl:

C3 Vette Fan 02-16-2012 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by SloChicken (Post 1580026418)

I own both a C6 & C3...

The ALM member apparently no longer owns a Corvette.

I have owned Cadillac, Jeep, Audi, Camaro & many other vehicles. Yet I do not go on their forums and bash them. Honestly I do not have enough time. If I did I would probably be a pretty lonely angry guy to go on a forum of a car I no longer own and be a fanboy for another car. I really think it is weird and sounds like someone who is crying for attention.

As for your Corvette. I understand you have had issues. But the facts are on the side of Chevrolet. For the last 2 years the entire (yes entire) Chevrolet line has performed better in dependability studies then the entire (yes entire) BMW line.

In 2012 (current year) the entire Chevrolet line is predicted to be more dependable then the entire BMW line.

Ratings | J.D. Power
http://www.jdpower.com/autos/ratings...ings-by-brand/
Please note that J.D. Power Consumer Center Ratings may not include all information used to determine J.D. Power and Associates awards.

In 2011 the entire Chevrolet line beat the entire BMW line in dependability with 156 to 164 problems per 100 cars.

JD Power's 2011 Vehicle Dependability Study names Lincoln best ...
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...pendability-st...
Mar 17, 2011 – J.D. Power and Associates has released its annual Vehicle Dependability Study for 2011, and there are a few surprises in store for those who ...

ALMS21 02-16-2012 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by C3 Vette Fan (Post 1580026547)
I own both a C6 & C3...

The ALM member apparently no longer owns a Corvette.

I have owned Cadillac, Jeep, Audi, Camaro & many other vehicles. Yet I do not go on their forums and bash them. Honestly I do not have enough time. If I did I would probably be a pretty lonely angry guy to go on a forum of a car I no longer own and be a fanboy for another car. I really think it is weird and sounds like someone who is crying for attention.

As for your Corvette. I understand you have had issues. But the facts are on the side of Chevrolet. For the last 2 years the entire (yes entire) Chevrolet line has performed better in dependability studies then the entire (yes entire) BMW line.

In 2012 (current year) the entire Chevrolet line is predicted to be more dependable then the entire BMW line.

Ratings | J.D. Power
Please note that J.D. Power Consumer Center Ratings may not include all information used to determine J.D. Power and Associates awards.

In 2011 the entire Chevrolet line beat the entire BMW line in dependability with 156 to 164 problems per 100 cars.

JD Power's 2011 Vehicle Dependability Study names Lincoln best ...
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...pendability-st...
Mar 17, 2011 – J.D. Power and Associates has released its annual Vehicle Dependability Study for 2011, and there are a few surprises in store for those who ...

You simply don't get it. Are you that thinned skinned that you cannot stand any form of criticism towards a Corvette? For Christsake, read my posts in their entirety and look at all the things I like about the C6. I have people telling me all the time that they think my M3 looks like any other 3 series, that my 911 looked like a VW/used bar of soap/upsidedown bathtub, etc. Who cares? That's why Baskin Robbins makes 64 flavors. What I find attractive, others may not and vice versa.

The fact that I no longer own a C6 disqualifies me from having an opinion? GTFOH with that nonsense. For the 100th time -- I've owned three C6's. On top of that, my first post in this thread talks about my hopes for the C7 to overcome the faults I SEE in the current version with the seats/interior quality to perhaps win me back.

FloydSummerOf68 02-16-2012 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by C3 Vette Fan (Post 1580022692)
Come on now... This coming from you of all members on this board.:skep: A guy that has a hard time saying anything nice about the Corvette. When you defend him you're basically defending yourself.

Hey, it is not a problem that the 2 of do not really like the Corvette. This problem is you're not honest about it. Yeah, I know you throw around a few compliments like "bang for the buck" and then go back and say look I what I said.:woohoo: Saying the Corvette is the "best bang for the buck" sounds like a detergent commercial.:yesnod:

In the future just be honest. The other guy I have no clue what in the hell he is even doing here. It really is kind of strange. Why in the world would anyone spend time on a car forum discussing a car they do not like? I cannot imagine having that much free time. Often people who spend a tremendous amount of time on things they do not like are very lonely and angry people. It is indeed sad.

I don't know why you're choosing to be so difficult.

I'm telling you flat out that I love the Corvette.

It needs a better interior and better seats.

It has awesome looks, performance and value (the reason I bought it).

Why is that so hard for you to understand or accept? Because I don't like the interior I hate the car? Give me a break. Move over to the Forced Induction section or the Performance section and you'll see how much good advice I give based on personal experience and how much I appreciate what these cars can do. No one there would have the audacity to say that I hate these cars, because it's ridiculous.

FloydSummerOf68 02-16-2012 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by 96ss#80 (Post 1580026212)
In that case you should have said quicker… Im positive the 911 turbo S with pdk is quicker to 60 an in most cases the quarter mile. But that is due to 4 wheel drive traction advantage. What about after that? the Z will have a higher trap speed, an if you keep going the Zr1 will walk away. (plus serious drag racers use slicks an that gives the Z a win again)

Please dont think i am bashing the Porsche! I really do like them (997- 991) an I TRULY hope GM realizes the performance advantages of the paddle shifted manual trans!!!!! !!!! !!!! (If the Vette had that it would DESTROY the 911 PERIOD) But they should be compared as close to dollar for dollar as possible… In which case the Vette wins IN overall PERFORMANCE every time. these are simply the facts. An with all the money you save…. interior, performance, small boat, collage tuition, a nice vacation for the next several years, a nice CPO Benz to drive daily…. Im just saying I like porsche but Give credit where it is due... Corvette is winning right now AN I hope GM keeps heading in the right direction!!!

You're right, I should've said quicker the first time, which is what I meant, and what I said at the end of the post.

I do agree that the ZR1 will pull away on a longer run. The power advantage is too much to make up.

I definitely did give credit where it was due though, lol...

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68

I know that in the right hands the ZR1 is the faster car. I've never doubted that, but I know that in the hands of literally everyone I've seen the Turbo is the quicker car.

KneeDragr 02-16-2012 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by ALMS21 (Post 1580027480)
On top of that, my first post in this thread talks about my hopes for the C7 to overcome the faults I SEE in the current version with the seats/interior quality to perhaps win me back.

Sounds like a lie to me. You will be back on here when the C7 interior pics come out blabbing about how much better the interior and seats are on your BMW, and how you cant understand why GM is so cheap, despite your car costing 30k more and being several seconds a lap slower with the same driver.

FloydSummerOf68 02-16-2012 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by KneeDragr (Post 1580027931)
Sounds like a lie to me. You will be back on here when the C7 interior pics come out blabbing about how much better the interior and seats are on your BMW, and how you cant understand why GM is so cheap, despite your car costing 30k more and being several seconds a lap slower with the same driver.

For what reason would he have to lie about hoping the interior improves?

I'd hope it would improve if I were him as well so he could get a car with a quality interior, better performance, cheaper to mod and pocket $30k

Sounds reasonable to me :D

ALMS21 02-16-2012 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by KneeDragr (Post 1580027931)

You need to pay a little bit better attention. Yeah, I probably won't give it a look... after all, I've never owned a Vette before. :crazy:

If the C7 seats and interior suck you can bet your ass I will give my opinion on it..........as will every other person that cares about it. Those that think the current seats/interior is fine, will not. Their choice. I just beg to differ and think that a $60K car demands better....let alone a $100K+ ZR1.

Hmmmmmm, my car costing $30K more than a C6? :rofl::rofl: Wrong answer. MSRP Corvette Grand Sport $56,000; MSRP E92M3 $60,100. I was no math major but I'm pretty sure there is not $30K difference in those two numbers. Nice try though.

My car being several seconds per lap slower than a C6 (stock vs stock........not vs Floyd's car :eek:)? Wrong again.

http://www.fastestlaps.com/compariso..._sport_c6.html

Racer 02-16-2012 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by ALMS21 (Post 1580028278)
You need to pay a little bit better attention. Yeah, I probably won't give it a look... after all, I've never owned a Vette before. :crazy:

If the C7 seats and interior suck you can bet your ass I will give my opinion on it..........as will every other person that cares about it. Those that think the current seats/interior is fine, will not. Their choice. I just beg to differ and think that a $60K car demands better....let alone a $100K+ ZR1.

Hmmmmmm, my car costing $30K more than a C6? :rofl::rofl: Wrong answer. MSRP Corvette Grand Sport $56,000; MSRP E92M3 $60,100. I was no math major but I'm pretty sure there is not $30K difference in those two numbers. Nice try though.

My car being several seconds per lap slower than a C6 (stock vs stock........not vs Floyd's car :eek:)? Wrong again.

I wonder how many of us Corvette guys hang out on the BMW forums and bore people about our cars? Who does that? Oh, never mind I know who does that. :lol:

ALMS21 02-16-2012 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Racer (Post 1580028613)
I wonder how many of us Corvette guys hang out on the BMW forums and bore people about our cars? Who does that? Oh, never mind I know who does that. :lol:

Can you really be this inept?............Nevermind, it's pretty obvious.

Pssst, KnuckleDragger prompted me to talk about my car. Much like you and some others in here have done. But you're not bright enough to realize it.

STINGREYES 02-16-2012 11:05 AM

Sorry your not happy with your BMW and that being a member here since 2004 you are trying to convince us why we should be unhappy with our Corvettes. So sad for you, you should stop comparing your BMW to our Corvettes because it's always going make you feel sad cheer up you got a BMW:D
check this out :chill:

grandsport4me1963 02-16-2012 11:12 AM

The Corvette is the winner of this MT comparison by the pure and simple fact that they are comparing a $72k car to a $130k car. Who does that and doesn't understand the cost delta? I like the fact they chose to take a Grand Sport to this fight (who knows what the conclusions would've been with a Z06 or even more comparable priced ZR1).

Thanks for another notch MT.

ALMS21 02-16-2012 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by CSICKSR (Post 1580029013)
Sorry your not happy with your BMW and that being a member here since 2004 you are trying to convince us why we should be unhappy with our Corvettes. So sad for you, you should stop comparing your BMW to our Corvettes because it's always going make you feel sad cheer up you got a BMW:D
check this out :chill:

Good try sport. Plug in the CSL (Comp pkg) to get the correct numbers. Even still in a non CSL and without DCT transmission, you have a GT car running a virtual tie with a purpose built sportscar for the same amount of money. Sorry if you get butthurt knowing the facts.

I'm happier than a pig in sh!t everyday I walk into the garage and fire that V8 up. I'm even happier when I grab the steering wheel (which did not come off of a Chevy Cobalt BTW) and stab the throttle. The sound at 8,400 rpms is pure bliss. :thumbs:

FloydSummerOf68 02-16-2012 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by CSICKSR (Post 1580029013)
Sorry your not happy with your BMW and that being a member here since 2004 you are trying to convince us why we should be unhappy with our Corvettes.

Has anyone said anything like that in this thread?

No one is trying to convince anyone that they should be unhappy with their Corvettes. :crazy2:

According to a few people in this thread I'm one of the front runners of hatred towards the Corvette :lol:, but I'm still very happy with mine, lol. Go figure.

trapp 02-16-2012 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by grandsport4me1963 (Post 1580029070)
The Corvette is the winner of this MT comparison by the pure and simple fact that they are comparing a $72k car to a $130k car. Who does that and doesn't understand the cost delta? I like the fact they chose to take a Grand Sport to this fight (who knows what the conclusions would've been with a Z06 or even more comparable priced ZR1).

Thanks for another notch MT.

:iagree::iagree::iagree: Compare the 911s to the 911 turbo...I wonder which car would win?????? This thread is BS. everyone shops within their affordablity...I don't mind the comparision but don't act like you can go out and buy either one for the same dough. Chevy make a great track car which is faster around the track then the 911s peroid. Is the porsche a better overall car... yes. So buy what you want.....its comes down to what you want to spend and what your purpose for the car is. Round and Round we go..

trapp 02-16-2012 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by ALMS21 (Post 1580029183)
Good try sport. Plug in the CSL (Comp pkg) to get the correct numbers. Even still in a non CSL and without DCT transmission, you have a GT car running a virtual tie with a purpose built sportscar for the same amount of money. Sorry if you get butthurt knowing the facts.

I'm happier than a pig in sh!t everyday I walk into the garage and fire that V8 up. I'm even happier when I grab the steering wheel (which did not come off of a Chevy Cobalt BTW) and stab the throttle. The sound at 8,400 rpms is pure bliss. :thumbs:

I see you don't spend time at the track....BMW M3 V8...gets spanked all day long by vettes....but for everyday driving I can see your point. I'm a car junky and would love to have a M3 in my garage...but I enjoy the track and the Vette does it better. Yes thats right...I will be looking at you through my cobalt rearview mirror..

ALMS21 02-16-2012 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68 (Post 1580029203)
Has anyone said anything like that in this thread?

No one is trying to convince anyone that they should be unhappy with their Corvettes. :crazy2:

They just can't stand even a little bit of criticism. Like you, I have not found the perfect car and have nits about each one I have owned. That is not to say that I was not satisfied with them. The difference is we can accept the criticism, they cannot.

FloydSummerOf68 02-16-2012 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by trapp (Post 1580029219)
:iagree::iagree::iagree: Compare the 911s to the 911 turbo...I wonder which car would win?????? This thread is BS. everyone shops within their affordablity...I don't mind the comparision but don't act like you can go out and buy either one for the same dough. Chevy make a great track car which is faster around the track then the 911s peroid. Is the porsche a better overall car... yes. So buy what you want.....its comes down to what you want to spend and what your purpose for the car is. Round and Round we go..

:iagree:

The comparison was a bit silly in terms of potential buyers.

Anyone shopping a 911S will be looking at a higher-end corvette.

I'd imagine that most people shop within 10% of their allocated budget, not 40+%

ALMS21 02-16-2012 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by trapp (Post 1580029272)
I see you don't spend time at the track....BMW M3 V8...gets spanked all day long by vettes....but for everyday driving I can see your point. I'm a car junky and would love to have a M3 in my garage...but I enjoy the track and the Vette does it better.

VIR South course two weekends ago. I track about 4-5 times per year. On a stock for stock basis, a regualr LS2/LS3 Vette does not "spank" an E92 M3 at the track. At the Nurburgring, yes. On any other track in the US, they are damn near equal. If I decided to get a dedicated track car, it wouldn't be an E92M3....nor would it be a Vette. It would be a 996 versioned GT3 or a TPC turbo charged CaymanS. Just personal preference.

ALMS21 02-16-2012 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by trapp (Post 1580029219)

The comparison is indeed BS. I agree with everything you say here. If I'm looking at a $70K car, I'm not also looking at a $100K car. Perhaps when you get up into the $150K level....you also look at a $175K car. I don't play in that arean.

I've said it a million times, Porsche's are overpriced which is the reason why I will only buy them used (save for the CaymanS I bought brand new).

I'm not willing to spend $100K+ on a new 991S. I'm also not willing to spend $100K+ on a ZR1. I can get an '07/'08 997 Turbo for mid $60's/low $70's or a 2-3 year old Z06 for mid $50K.

STINGREYES 02-16-2012 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by ALMS21 (Post 1580029328)
VIR South course two weekends ago. I track about 4-5 times per year. On a stock for stock basis, a regualr LS2/LS3 Vette does not "spank" an E92 M3 at the track. At the Nurburgring, yes. On any other track in the US, they are damn near equal. If I decided to get a dedicated track car, it wouldn't be an E92M3....nor would it be a Vette. It would be a 996 versioned GT3 or a TPC turbo charged CaymanS. Just personal preference.

It does and did all day everyday. Sorry if I'm going to deep, butt you'll get use to the pain look back now :D..

FloydSummerOf68 02-16-2012 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by ALMS21 (Post 1580029361)
The comparison is indeed BS. I agree with everything you say here.

I've said it a million times, Porsche's are overpriced which is the reason why I will only buy them used (save for the CaymanS I bought brand new).

I'm not willing to spend $100K+ on a new 991S. I'm also not willing to spend $100K+ on a ZR1. I can get an '07/'08 997 Turbo for mid $60's/low $70's or a 2-3 year old Z06 for $50K.

A late model 997 is on my list of cars to be looking at in the next couple years. No reason to spend $150k when you can pick them up with a few thousand miles on them for under $100k.

KneeDragr 02-16-2012 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by ALMS21 (Post 1580028898)
Can you really be this inept?............Nevermind, it's pretty obvious.

Pssst, KnuckleDragger prompted me to talk about my car. Much like you and some others in here have done. But you're not bright enough to realize it.

First off, you LOVE to post that comparison where the lap times are from different drivers on different days, but neglect the comparison that were done on the same day with the same driver showing a 5+ second gap between the cars, with the advantage going to the Vette.

Secondly, you quote the performance of a maxxed out comp package M3 and use the price of the base model - LAME! How about I quote the performance of a ZR1 and quote the price of a base coupe?

Let me know your next track day at Summit so I can come out there and have this discussion with you in person.

C3 Vette Fan 02-16-2012 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Racer (Post 1580028613)

:iagree::lol:

I have owned several cars in the past. Yet I do not hang out on any of my former cars forums, and play fanboy for my current car. Honestly who does that? Who has the time? Who needs that much attention? And what is the point?

C3 Vette Fan 02-16-2012 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by KneeDragr (Post 1580029589)
First off, you LOVE to post that comparison where the lap times are from different drivers on different days, but neglect the comparison that were done on the same day with the same driver showing a 5+ second gap between the cars, with the advantage going to the Vette.

Secondly, you quote the performance of a maxxed out comp package M3 and use the price of the base model - LAME! How about I quote the performance of a ZR1 and quote the price of a base coupe?

Let me know your next track day at Summit so I can come out there and have this discussion with you in person.

As you stated earlier people come on this forum, and post lies about a certain car they like.:ack:

C3 Vette Fan 02-16-2012 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by ALMS21 (Post 1580029183)

If you're so happy why do you spend time on a forum of a car you do not like? Go spend spend more time in the garage or behind the wheel (that is not the same as a Cobalt) of the car you like. Why not go on the BMW forum, and tell them your pig story?

trapp 02-16-2012 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by ALMS21 (Post 1580029328)

Again it comes done to $$$$$. For you to run a 996,GT3,TPC CaymanS compared to a Grandsport...you better be perpared for sticker shock. These cars cost alot more to maintain on the track...
I run a few tracks in the midwest and M3's are strong cars on the track but I never had trouble with one on the track. The LS3 GS will beat the M3 everytime...no questions. The Ls2 would be more of a closer race. Anyway it comes down to enjoying your car....when I'm at the track I could care less who's got what car I just love the sport.. these days I'm happy there are other cars out there to run again in this economy..

ALMS21 02-16-2012 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by KneeDragr (Post 1580029589)

You have yet to post the comparison where the same driver drove both a Grand Sport C6 and a CSL M3. The C&D LL that you love to post up has two flaws -- there are four drivers there and the M3 was not a CSL. On top of that, how much reliance are you going to put on a test that has the C6Z06 and Grand Sport running identical lap times at one point?:rofl::rofl: That test has the C6Z06 running three times -- a 2.53, a 2.58 and a 3.01.

As I mentioned in the other thread, I still don't think a CSL equipped M3 will beat a GS on a course the size of VIR Grand. But to say that an M3 will get "spanked" is just not true.......unless your idea of 2-3 seconds on a 4.2 mile copurse is getting spanked. On a more techincal course, the test is a virtual tie (M3 actually winning some).

Does a base C6 (meaning non Z06 and ZR1 and including a GS) have any performance packages that I should make sure are included?

I'll be there in the Spring. You will know when.

SloChicken 02-16-2012 02:38 PM

Here are some real world comparisons for you instead of all the conjecture.
Anyone can spew BS from their armchair or cubicle, but here are actual results

ALMS series stats for 2011

Team
Grand Touring
1. BMW Team RLL (No. 56), BMW/E92 M3, E85, 47points
2. Corvette Racing (No. 4), Chevrolet/Corvette ZR1, E85, 66 points
3. BMW Team RLL (No. 55), BMW/E92 M3, E85, 98 points

MANUFACTURERS
Grand Touring
1. BMW 40 points
2. Chevrolet 63 points
3. Porsche 79 points

Here is a link for the list of the Fastest Laps at Willow Springs (WSIR), which is decidedly a track favoring top end cars over nimble ones
http://www.fastestlaps.com/tracks/willow_springs.html

Last, here is a comparison from fastest laps derived from a multitude of people entering their lap time from all around the country. The lap time listed is at Streets of Willow, a course favoring nimble over top-end
This one of a BMW M3 vs the Corvette Grand Sport

And the 2010 Corvette GS vs the 2011 991 series Carrera S at Hockenheim

or The 2010 Corvette GS vs the 997 (2008 model) this one has times both at Hockenheim (a twistier and shorter track) and at VIR (a very long and fast track)

Seems there is no clear winner
Just a bunch of arguing going on ...

ALMS21 02-16-2012 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Racer (Post 1580029800)
ALMS21 = :troll

How rich -- you calling me a troll after getting your ass lambasted (and rightfully so) be a number of members in this thread for being the cancer that you are to the forum:rofl::rofl:

SloChicken 02-16-2012 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Racer (Post 1580029800)
ALMS21 = :troll

Racer =

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...rari-guy-1.jpg

or
after he gets back from Cabo and has a fresh tan
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m.../enzo-dude.jpg

here he is with what the girls he has in his avatar look like before photoshop
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...nny/Bigass.jpg

ROFL,
Just busting your (shrunken arsded) balls a bit. U think it is funny to do it to others, so a little taste of the brew for ya,

Don't be sad
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...raridriver.jpg

Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

I am out,
gone surfing

C3 Vette Fan 02-16-2012 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by ALMS21 (Post 1580031036)
How rich -- you calling me a troll after getting your ass lambasted (and rightfully so) be a number of members in this thread for being the cancer that you are to the forum:rofl::rofl:

And you contribute in a positive way? :rofl:

Racer 02-16-2012 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by ALMS21 (Post 1580031036)

Yea, look at the esteemed members who lambasted me! :rofl: :rofl: I would say that is a rather HUGE WIN for me. :lol:

v26278 02-16-2012 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by ALMS21 (Post 1580030649)
.......unless your idea of 2-3 seconds on a 4.2 mile copurse is getting spanked.

In competitive motorsports, that definitely would be getting spanked.

C3 Vette Fan 02-16-2012 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Racer (Post 1580031477)
Yea, look at the esteemed members who lambasted me! :rofl: :rofl: I would say that is a rather HUGE WIN for me. :lol:

:iagree: Some of the most noteable Corvette bashers on the forum. I would have to agree that is a HUGE WIN...:thumbs:

FloydSummerOf68 02-16-2012 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by C3 Vette Fan (Post 1580031516)
:iagree: Some of the most noteable Corvette bashers on the forum. I would have to agree that is a HUGE WIN...:thumbs:

I guess you'll go this entire thread without grasping the fact that no one was bashing the Corvette, only criticizing aspects of it.

It would be fair to say that we were bashing the Corvettes interior, sure, but not the Corvette as a car.

C3 Vette Fan 02-16-2012 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68 (Post 1580031540)
I guess you'll go this entire thread without grasping the fact that no one was bashing the Corvette, only criticizing aspects of it.

It would be fair to say that we were bashing the Corvettes interior, sure, but not the Corvette as a car.

I know the Corvette is a great bang for the buck.:nopity

ALMS21 02-16-2012 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by v26278 (Post 1580031506)
In competitive motorsports, that definitely would be getting spanked.

Yeah, those that race for a living. WTF cares about 2-3 seconds when we're talking about weekend warriors or soemone doing a few HPDE's. I'd bet $10,000 that 99% of the people on this forum couldn't run lap times within 2-3 seconds of each other in THEIR OWN DAMN CAR.

C3 Vette Fan 02-16-2012 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by ALMS21 (Post 1580031736)
Yeah, those that race for a living. WTF cares about 2-3 seconds when we're talking about weekend warriors or soemone doing a few HPDE's. I'd bet $10,000 that 99% of the people on this forum couldn't run lap times within 2-3 seconds of each other in THEIR OWN DAMN CAR.

WOW!!!! You're so :cool:

ALMS21 02-16-2012 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by C3 Vette Fan (Post 1580031821)
WOW!!!! You're so :cool:

Great comeback.

I'm sure that C3 of yours just tears it up around the track.

ALMS21 02-16-2012 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by C3 Vette Fan (Post 1580031442)
And you contribute in a positive way? :rofl:

The only ones you want to hear from are the Corvette nutswingers that think the car is perfect in every way.......or you only want to hear from those that buy solely cars from Gubmint Motors.

C3 Vette Fan 02-16-2012 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by ALMS21 (Post 1580031925)
Great comeback.

I'm sure that C3 of yours just tears it up around the track.

Actually it was a good comeback.

Kinda strange for a person (any) to go on a forum bash the car it is named after along with the members of the forum. Even a bit stranger is someone that would try to impress complete and total strangers. A person like that (who ever it may be) is calling out for attention from just about anyone. That is very, very, very sad indeed.:(

As for the C3. Like anything else in the world things become dated. Some become classics. You may not like the C3 but there are plenty who would pay much more for one, then any of your precious BMW's.

1969 L88 Corvette Roadster Sells for $610000 at Mecum's 2012 ...

http://www.corvetteblogger.com/.../1...r-sells-for-61...
Jan 31, 2012 – 1969 L88 Corvette Roadster Sells for $610000 at Mecum's 2012 Kissimmee Auction. by Keith ... Filed under: Auctions & Results,C3 Corvette ...

C3 Vette Fan 02-16-2012 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by ALMS21 (Post 1580031937)
The only ones you want to hear from are the Corvette nutswingers that think the car is perfect in every way.......or you only want to hear from those that buy solely cars from Gubmint Motors.

Not at all. Yet playing BMW fanboy really does not play well on the Corvette forum either.

Funny how you bash GM. However the last 2 years the entire Chevy line including a $14,000 car beats the entire BMW line in depedability. In 2012 (current year) the entire Chevrolet line is predicted to be more dependable then the entire BMW line.

dependability-ratings-by-brand - JDPower.com
Ratings Factors. Company. Overall Dependability. Powertrain Dependability. Body and Interior Dependability. Feature and Accessory Dependability ...

2011 Vehicle Dependability Study Results | J.D. Power
http://www.jdpower.com/autos/.../201...-study-results...
In fact, the J.D. Power and Associates 2011 U.S. Vehicle Dependability ... those built in North America achieve a score of 146 PP100—a difference of 13 PP100

2011 BMW X3 J.D. Power Quality Ratings
www.cars.com › Home › BMW › X3 › 2011
Get the most recent J.D. Power quality ratings for the 2011 BMW X3. ... with wind noise, water leaks, poor interior fit/finish, paint imperfection, and squeaks/rattles.

ALMS21 02-16-2012 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by C3 Vette Fan (Post 1580031998)
Actually it was a good comeback.

Kinda strange for a person (any) to go on a forum bash the car it is named after along with the members of the forum. Even a bit stranger is someone that would try to impress complete and total strangers. A person like that (who ever it may be) is calling out for attention from just about anyone. That is very, very, very sad indeed.:(

As for the C3. Like anything else in the world things become dated. Some become classics. You may not like the C3 but there are plenty who would pay much more for one, then any of your precious BMW's.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...r-sells-for-61...
Jan 31, 2012 – 1969 L88 Corvette Roadster Sells for $610000 at Mecum's 2012 Kissimmee Auction. by Keith ... Filed under: Auctions & Results,C3 Corvette ...

No, really it wasn't a good comeback.

Do you have trouble reading and comprehending? Outside of what I said about the C6 and the seats/interior please tell me where else I have criticized the car.

And what does the price someone is asking of a C3 Vette have to do with the tongue in cheek comment I made about it going around a track?:crazy:

I know there are plenty of people out there that like the C3. I don't. Well maintained classic Vettes command very high values. I'm well aware of it. I have a business associate that owns a '62, a '67 and a '68. Guess which one he is selling? Yes, the '68. It just doesn't "Do it" for him like the C1's and C2's do.

So, my posts here are solely my attempt at trying to impress people:crazy2:

ALMS21 02-16-2012 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by C3 Vette Fan (Post 1580032095)
Not at all. Yet playing BMW fanboy really does not play well on the Corvette forum either.

Funny how you bash GM. However the last 2 years the entire Chevy line including a $14,000 car beats the entire BMW line in depedability. In 2012 (current year) the entire Chevrolet line is predicted to be more dependable then the entire BMW line.

dependability-ratings-by-brand - JDPower.com
Ratings Factors. Company. Overall Dependability. Powertrain Dependability. Body and Interior Dependability. Feature and Accessory Dependability ...

2011 Vehicle Dependability Study Results | J.D. Power
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...-study-results...
In fact, the J.D. Power and Associates 2011 U.S. Vehicle Dependability ... those built in North America achieve a score of 146 PP100—a difference of 13 PP100

2011 BMW X3 J.D. Power Quality Ratings
www.cars.com › Home › BMW › X3 › 2011
Get the most recent J.D. Power quality ratings for the 2011 BMW X3. ... with wind noise, water leaks, poor interior fit/finish, paint imperfection, and squeaks/rattles.

What part of "I am not a fanboy" of any particular manufacturer don't you understand? Do you hear me talking about any other BMW's? Do you hear me saying that Gubmint Motors vehicles are not reliable? I couldn't care less. I don't give a rat's ass about anything else they make other than a Corvette. Capiche?

C3 Vette Fan 02-16-2012 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by ALMS21 (Post 1580032192)
What part of "I am not a fanboy" of any particular manufacturer don't you understand. Do you hear me talking about any other BMW's? Do you hear me saying that Gubmint Motors vehicles are not reliable? I couldn't care less. I don't give a rat's ass about anything else they make other than a Corvette. Capiche?

Now that is funny. :rofl::rofl: Who writes this stuff for you?:crazy2:

Racer 02-16-2012 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by ALMS21 (Post 1580032192)
What part of "I am not a fanboy" of any particular manufacturer don't you understand. Do you hear me talking about any other BMW's? Do you hear me saying that Gubmint Motors vehicles are not reliable? I couldn't care less. I don't give a rat's ass about anything else they make other than a Corvette. Capiche?

Why are you here? Seriously? I have lots of faults with BMW's (used to own one) and Porsche's but I absolutely would not join their forum to tell them how great my Vette is and how lack lustre at best their cars are. Like really, what are you doing here? :confused:
I really cannot wrap my head around why a guy would spend so much time on a forum where he just rants about some car he doesn't even own................trying to justify to yourself why you bought an M3? :lurk:
Are you new to the USA? The reason I ask is, M3's around here are mostly owned by new residents to our country. :thumbs:

C3 Vette Fan 02-16-2012 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Racer (Post 1580032268)
Why are you here? Seriously? I have lots of faults with BMW's (used to own one) and Porsche's but I absolutely would not join their forum to tell them how great my Vette is and how lack lustre at best their cars are. Like really, what are you doing here? :confused:
I really cannot wrap my head around why a guy would spend so much time on a forum where he just rants about some car he doesn't even own................trying to justify to yourself why you bought an M3? :lurk:
Are you new to the USA? The reason I ask is, M3's around here are mostly owned by new residents to our country. :thumbs:

You summed it up so well I have nothing to add.:confused2:

SloChicken 02-16-2012 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by C3 Vette Fan (Post 1580031998)

http://www.corvetteblogger.com/.../1...r-sells-for-61...

Actually,

1957 BMW 507 sells for $990,000.00
http://blog.hemmings.com/?s=bmw+507

U guys and your blind lovefest are just too much ...

And no, your comeback sucked ...

Again

SloChicken 02-16-2012 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Racer (Post 1580032268)

Actually, you are a Canadian.

So, unless you are talking about Canada, you have misspoken. Either that or you mistyped - which is understandable considering the lack of sunshine (and clean air) where your head resides.
Nice earmuffs BTW

And, it seems you are a bit of a bigot too. Never would have guessed ...

Thing is, I went out front for a quick surf (the surf sucked btw) and came back, and you all are still at it ...

Must be snowed in up in Calgary. LOL

Racer 02-16-2012 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by SloChicken (Post 1580032687)

So, unless you are talking about Canada, you have misspoken. Either that or you mistyped - which is understandable considering the lack of sunshine (and clean air) where your head resides.
Nice earmuffs BTW

I was talking about Canada, and I never said anything related to bigotry, I just made a factual observation. :yesnod:

C3 Vette Fan 02-16-2012 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by SloChicken (Post 1580032644)
Actually,

1957 BMW 507 sells for $990,000.00
http://blog.hemmings.com/?s=bmw+507

U guys and your blind lovefest are just too much ...

And no, your comeback sucked ...

Again

Any chance to take a shot at the Vette huh?:yesnod: Actually my point was that some of the C3's he was bashing were worth more then any of the BMW's he has been pumping up on the Corvette forum. :eek:

I know the 3 or 4 of you have a dislike for the Corvette. Just wondering what, if anything you dislike more? If there is something including a car/vehicle. Do you spend time on that forum providing there is one, bashing whatever else you dislike in this world?

Fortunately it is crystal clear where you are coming from.:thumbs:

C3 Vette Fan 02-16-2012 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Racer (Post 1580032698)
I was talking about Canada, and I never said anything related to bigotry, I just made a factual observation. :yesnod:

Be careful he likes to misquote or misstate what others state on the forum.

C3 Vette Fan 02-16-2012 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by SloChicken (Post 1580032687)

Nice earmuffs BTW

Thing is, I went out front for a quick surf (the surf sucked btw) and came back, and you all are still at it ...

Must be snowed in up in Calgary. LOL

Sad how you make up things. WTF...:ack:

Racer 02-16-2012 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by C3 Vette Fan (Post 1580032723)
Be careful he likes to misquote or misstate what others state on the forum.

Originally Posted by C3 Vette Fan (Post 1580032739)

Oh, I know, I have encountered his jealousy before. :yesnod:

BTW, did you happen to notice which people are actually the ones calling people names etc. :lol:

C3 Vette Fan 02-16-2012 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Racer (Post 1580032756)

BTW, did you happen to notice which people are actually the ones calling people names etc. :lol:

I did notice. 2 of them in particular call others names on almost every post. The BMW guy has insulted everyone other than the other BMW fanboys.

SloChicken 02-16-2012 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by C3 Vette Fan (Post 1580032707)
Any chance to take a shot at the Vette huh?:yesnod: Actually my point was that some of the C3's he was bashing were worth more then any of the BMW's he has been pumping up on the Corvette forum. :eek:

I know the 3 or 4 of you have a dislike for the Corvette. Just wondering what, if anything you dislike more? If there is something including a car/vehicle. Do you spend time on that forum providing there is one, bashing whatever else you dislike in this world?

Fortunately it is crystal clear where you are coming from.:thumbs:

No, actually, I like my vette just fine. But your love affair is (metaphorically speaking- which may be a bit much for you),
like loving a cheating wife no matter what.
Whereas ALMS, Floyd, and others would actually keep their eyes open and kick the cheatin wife to the curb if she kept failing to keep her promise.

In other words, Me, Floyd, and even ALMS21, like our Vettes, recognize they are not perfect and hoping to see better products from the manufacturer.

OTOH,
Your attitude is alot like post WWII America,
sitting back on your/their collective laurels, telling themselves how great and so much better "we are" than "the other guy". That laziness and head in the sand attitude of the past 40-50 years allowed many of the other countries to catch up.
Now we are in the new millenium,
Look at the state of affairs of US manufacturing, GDP, and trends in education vs a variety of countries. Exemplified, for example, by the overwhelming majority of foreign MDs and other healthcare professionals I work with on a day-to-day basis. And the foriegn made computer you are bitching about us on at this very moment.

We (The U.S.) may as well have a Chinese flag at this point for as much as we own our own country.
And that, my friend (term used quite loosely) is why we are in the situation we are today.

Thankfully, Americans are beginning to see we are lagging behind in most areas and are trying our best to catch up. It is going to be a long long road.

The Vette has done quite well in that regard.

Again, I am confident that I, Floyd, and ALMS like the vette (can you hear me now ???)
Still the armrest and center console is a joke.

And Racer likes himself ...

SloChicken 02-16-2012 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by C3 Vette Fan (Post 1580032739)

the quote from Racer about BMW drivers being new to the country ...

What exactly do you think Racer meant by that?

Man, you are thick ...

SloChicken 02-16-2012 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Racer (Post 1580032756)

Racer you make me chuckle ...

I am so NOT jealous of you.

Frankly, working in EMS and knowing there is a Captain somewhere that acts like you makes me feel sad for your poor crew.

It must suck to deal with you on a day to day basis. Their only saving grace is you sit in front of the computer all day and hopefully leave them alone ...

Racer 02-16-2012 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by SloChicken (Post 1580032864)
Racer you make me chuckle ...

I am so NOT jealous of you.

Frankly, working in EMS and knowing there is a Captain somewhere that acts like you makes me feel sad for your poor crew.

It must suck to deal with you on a day to day basis. Their only saving grace is you sit in front of the computer all day and hopefully leave them alone ...

EMS, we can't stand them in our halls. :lol:

SloChicken 02-16-2012 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Racer (Post 1580032871)
EMS, we can't stand them in our halls. :lol:

Not that it is even worth sharing, but I was wounded while downrange, and as a result could not return to fire service.

So I took my disability retirement and got my RN, busted ass in the ICU and ER for some 6 years, got on with a critical care transport service, and now I work pre-hospital again, both Flight and Ground.
And I have transported my share of FD and PD. None of which act like your foolish ass does.

I respect the hell out of my Firefighting brethren. Most of them. Matter of fact, you are the first to earn my spite.

I find it appalling the way you go about your business, and at this point I have found it worthy to point it out.

Go on back to your mirror you dysmorphic so and so ...

Racer 02-16-2012 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by SloChicken (Post 1580032937)
Not that it is even worth sharing, but I was wounded while downrange, and as a result could not return to fire service.

So I took my disability retirement and got my RN, busted ass in the ICU and ER for some 6 years, got on with a critical care transport service, and now I work pre-hospital again, both Flight and Ground.
And I have transported my share of FD and PD. None of which act like your foolish ass does.

I respect the hell out of my Firefighting brethren. Most of them. Matter of fact, you are the first to earn my spite.

I find it appalling the way you go about your business, and at this point I have found it worthy to point it out.

Go on back to your mirror you dysmorphic so and so ...

:rofl: :rofl: Loves it! I was going to have hamburger tonight, but maybe slow roasted chicken might be more appropriate.

ALMS21 02-16-2012 06:47 PM

SloChicken - let them live in their own mindless state. I'm done with this thread. You have one that says you are taking a knock at the Corvette because you post a picture of a non Corvette that sold for a ton of money. Seriously, how do you possibly debate that lack of sense and thought process. The dude is thick as a brick and just has a great deal of trouble with basic reading/comprehending/understanding. The other one just likes to post because he has nothing better to do. Well, other than scour the internet to post up pictures of chicks that he pleasures himself to.

The funniest thing of all is they both ask me why am I here. Any talking points I have made about my M3 or previous Porsches and Vettes are direct answers from questions/comments directed solely at me from them or other posters.

SloChicken 02-16-2012 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Racer (Post 1580032952)
:rofl: :rofl: Loves it! I was going to have hamburger tonight, but maybe slow roasted chicken might be more appropriate.

Figured you would you friggin Richard Cranium ...

Done with you, for now.

Go off and rub your 2 1/2" hose to your avatar.

The difference between you and me, amongst many is, you're bald and your wife has bigger muscles than you.

SloChicken 02-16-2012 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by ALMS21 (Post 1580032989)
SloChicken - let them live in their own mindless state. I'm done with this thread. You have one that says you are taking a knock at the Corvette because you post a picture of a non Corvette that sold for a ton of money. Seriously, how do you possibly debate that lack of sense and thought process. The dude is thick as a brick and just has a great deal of trouble with basic reading/comprehending/understanding. The other one just likes to post because he has nothing better to do. Well, other than scour the internet to post up pictures of chicks that he pleasures himself to.

The funniest thing of all is they both ask me why am I here. Any talking points I have made about my M3 or previous Porsches and Vettes are direct answers from questions/comments directed solely at me from them or other posters.

Yep, like I just posted, me too

Sad thing is, he thinks he won.

Racer thinking he is cool is like an anorexic thinking she is fat.

everybody gets it, but him

R&L's C6 02-16-2012 06:55 PM

Totally off topic Racer but you need to change that avatar, she looks sixteen...:willy: :willy: :rofl:

Carry on. :cheers:

Racer 02-16-2012 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by R&L's C6 (Post 1580033065)
Totally off topic Racer but you need to change that avatar, she looks sixteen...:willy: :willy: :rofl:

Carry on. :cheers:

Done! Maybe University prof instead of student?

R&L's C6 02-16-2012 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Racer (Post 1580033078)
Done! Maybe University prof instead of student?

:thumbs:

ALMS21 02-16-2012 06:59 PM

Racer and C3 --- pweeze quit talking about the seats in my Vette

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/...ilCADAQM6Q.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Racer 02-16-2012 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by ALMS21 (Post 1580032989)
I'm done with this thread.

Yet.............:rolleyes:

Originally Posted by ALMS21 (Post 1580033097)
Racer and C3 --- pweeze quit talking about the seats in my Vette

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/...ilCADAQM6Q.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Trolling is an addiction, first thing you go to do is admit it. :yesnod:

PHXAZ06 02-16-2012 07:10 PM

Children, take your little hands off the mouse....

Mike Campbell 02-16-2012 07:20 PM

stop it !!!

OnPoint 02-16-2012 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Campbell (Post 1580033257)
stop it !!!

I second that motion.

Goatdad 02-16-2012 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by PHXAZ06 (Post 1580033188)
Children, take your little hands off the mouse....

No kidding!!! This thread has been s*** up so bad its worse than a gas station restroom in Mexico.

The arguing is simply pathetic from all sides. There is a couple a holes and a few reasonable "debaters" but zero people adult enough to drop it and move on.

Do the rest of us a favor and get ea. others email and or phone numbers and stop crapping in this thread/forum.

C3 Vette Fan 02-16-2012 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Racer (Post 1580033141)
Yet.............:rolleyes:

Trolling is an addiction, first thing you go to do is admit it. :yesnod:

C3 Vette Fan 02-16-2012 07:33 PM

If you don't like it, why click it? Stay out of the way of the train.

:trainwreck:

R&L's C6 02-16-2012 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by C3 Vette Fan (Post 1580033389)
If you don't like it, why click it? Stay out of the way of the train.

:trainwreck:

It's like a car accident, you don't want to look, but you just have to......:rofl:

Goatdad 02-16-2012 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by R&L's C6 (Post 1580033409)
It's like a car accident, you don't want to look, but you just have to......:rofl:

:iagree:but you don't want to see one at every intersection.lol

C3 Vette Fan 02-16-2012 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by R&L's C6 (Post 1580033409)

:iagree::rofl:

R&L's C6 02-16-2012 08:14 PM

Totally off topic but I was in off topic and saw this and thought it was kinda fitting.

P cars and wet concrete don't mix. :rofl:

Attachment 47690936

C3 Vette Fan 02-16-2012 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by R&L's C6 (Post 1580033773)
Totally off topic but I was in off topic and saw this and thought it was kinda fitting.

P cars and wet concrete don't mix. :rofl:

Attachment 47690936

Cement and people that drive Porsches is right on topic.:D