CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion-34/)
-   -   Lamborghini Doors for C4 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion/1255648-lamborghini-doors-for-c4.html)

vettefast 12-21-2005 10:38 AM

Ok, I am starting my own division of Corvette Forum and it's called Stock Vettes Suck Who's with me! We will start by handing out propaganda to the children of stock corvette owners then work on thier neighbors then after that we will have a wing on all thier vettes!!! Bah..hahhahaha!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

ZumZum 12-21-2005 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by vettefast
Ok, I am starting my own division of Corvette Forum and it's called Stock Vettes Suck Who's with me! We will start by handing out propaganda to the children of stock corvette owners then work on thier neighbors then after that we will have a wing on all thier vettes!!! Bah..hahhahaha!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

After that, we all restore our vettes to original condition and point fingers at them and laugh for modifying their vettes
:lol:

vettefast 12-21-2005 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by ZumZum
After that, we all restore our vettes to original condition and point fingers at them and laugh for modifying their vettes
:lol:

:thumbs: :lolg:

vettefast 12-21-2005 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Hot Rod 90
i ended up selling it privately (at a real fat loss of course) about 10 months later. prior to that, i went to no less than a dozen dealers (chevy and non-chevy, from tiny to huge factory dealers) and they ALL said they wouldn't trade it/buy it because it would be way too hard to sell. even the non-chevy dealers (except 1) told me that modifications -- body modifications in particular -- significantly decrease the value of the car and hurt their chances of selling it because the average person looking to buy a corvette is simply not interested.

as for engine mods, thse are all over the place. i don't see this as contradictory, most guys would tell you they would love more power.
it goes with the concept of sports and muscle cars. its modifying the visual appearance that i refer to. and i'm joined by tons out there.

I got some bad news for ya. All that money you dropped in your engine is a waste also. No one is going to pay you for the performance mods you made to it. Matter of fact they will probably not buy the car at all not knowing the potential issues it may have. So I quess you will have to learn from this mistake also :( As for myself I have no intentions of ever selling my Vette. Anything I do to it is for my benefit only. So I guess your theory just fell through in my case.

bdvdvh7 12-21-2005 02:21 PM

i am sure we are all aware mods are personal, and that as long as we know we may never sell the car, i guess it is no big deal. i don't add mods and keep mine stock just because that is how i like it. as a personal note aside, i would never buy any car not stock.

Bruthish 12-21-2005 06:17 PM

Geez....where have I been....I can't believe I missed this thread..... :crazy:

Red Tornado 12-21-2005 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by vettefast
I got some bad news for ya. All that money you dropped in your engine is a waste also. No one is going to pay you for the performance mods you made to it. Matter of fact they will probably not buy the car at all not knowing the potential issues it may have. So I quess you will have to learn from this mistake also :( As for myself I have no intentions of ever selling my Vette. Anything I do to it is for my benefit only. So I guess your theory just fell through in my case.

no problem, its not news to me. i don't plan on selling for a good 5-7 years from now, and by that time i won't care. i know i'll get maybe get 5 cents on the dollar spent in upgrades. and yup, probably even less. no matter, because until then i'll enjoy the money dumped into the engine, its all a lease in life anyway. every day the turn of the key is a holiday......short time on the planet ya know ;)

next time around i will buy nothing but a modifed engined corvette. i did this just once in my life, and will never do it again, because i've learned to let the seller pay for it. i didn't do it for investment purposes, cars are a losing proposition 99% of the time. i did it for the daily hard-on. i've got plenty of $$ elsewhere, no worries about value of a car :yesnod: