CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C3 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-general-119/)
-   -   Rip dub (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-general/4664011-rip-dub.html)

JBrooke825 11-04-2022 05:24 PM

He will surly be missed, what a kind soul. I am glad to have known him.

Racergirl2012 11-04-2022 09:03 PM

We need to organize a Corvette charity ride in Dubs honor and raise funds for the charities mentioned in Lynn’s post. If anyone else is up for it, please let me know.

And if Lynn needs ANYTHING, I hope she reaches out to me. I have her contact info but think it’s best that she reaches out when ready.

Dub has done so much for me. He even suggested that I join this forum and gave me the name Racergirl2012. Dub’s Corvette advice intertwined with life advice. Time stood still when we spoke. A 2-3 hour conversation felt like 10 minutes. I swore he was my brother from another mother. Life for me and many others will never be the same without him.

Kenlou 01-20-2023 10:48 PM

I was looking through some posts the last couple of days concerning weatherstripping, and saw a post from dub. I never had the honor of knowing him, but I considered inquiring if anyone knew what had happened to him.
RIP. My condolences to his family.

Kenny

Racergirl2012 01-21-2023 08:12 AM

Apparently, a few hours after I spoke to him on the phone, he had a fatal heart attack. I miss my friend very very much and think of him everyday.

old stingray 02-10-2023 07:07 PM

RIP dub :sadangel:

Racergirl2012 02-10-2023 09:10 PM

Emailed this to Lynn a few days ago!

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...af5e3b308.jpeg
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...3de1e1169.jpeg
wanted to share it with her first! She loved it!

TWINRAY 06-06-2023 08:02 PM

Miss you DUB

Originally Posted by derekderek (Post 1605574262)
new guy looking for somebody around charlotte NC for help. i told him to see DUB. his wife responded: This is from his wife, Lynn.

Dear Friends/Family:
My husband/best friend of 23+ years, Albert “Dub” Dubnicka, passed away suddenly on Monday, August 15th while working at his business. He was 59 years old. He is survived by four sisters, Marcia, Barbara, Kathy and Sue.
He was known throughout the Country for his knowledge and perfection to detail in the restoration/repair of Corvettes.
His work was his passion along with his great love of all his dogs, and he loved playing air guitar in his shop to his favorite band and idol, the great Eddie Van Halen with the Van Halen group.
He is now with all our beloved pets and family, who I know were waiting to greet him in heaven.
I am now in the process of closing his business, which will take many months, but I am so thankful for all the support I am receiving from business associates and friends.
Every day when I “talk” to Dub, I tell him this isn’t goodbye, but “see you later”. His spirit is free to pop in and out to visit, no more stress, no more worries. If heaven is at all the way our Wolfgang described it, he is now in an awesome place.
If you would like to do something in his memory, please donate to the Doberman Rescue of the Triad, or your favorite animal rescue or other charity.
I feel like half of me is missing right now. Never let a day go by without appreciating your loved ones
– even those times when you are aggravated with them – every day seeing and talking to them is a blessing.

I've been off the Forum and just saw this. Last I heard, DUB was taking a break from CF. DUB was a BIG help to me when redoing my '67 and '69. I spoke to him a few times on the phone and he was most generous with his time. RIP Buddy, see you on the other side. Condolences to family and friends.

David Stoner 12-22-2023 10:11 AM

Dub was THE MAN!

To Lynn and all the others who knew and loved Dub either in person or talked to him through the forum; what a loss; not only to the Corvette community but to the world. I passed by his shop the other day and saw it was under new ownership and then read of his death in the forum. I had a 69 and worked right around the corner from Dub. He helped me from the day I bought the Corvette until the day I sold it 15 years later and bought a 2017. If it was a small repair, he would fit me in that day and call me later when it was done. If it was a big repair, as you know, you would have to schedule that but it was always worth the wait. I so enjoyed my time visiting with him. He had a great zest for life, and would tell some fascinating stories. We enjoyed talking about Corvettes, dogs, rock ‘n’ roll, etc.. He always had a cool Doberman in his shop, which I always enjoyed. When diagnosing my car, he would always give me the best and worst case worst case scenarios and when I mean worst, it was potentially terrible. But in reality, it was always somewhere in the middle. He started my 69’s repairs upgrading the car and the last thing he did on it was to help me rig a way to drive it to him when the brakes went out, so that he could repair it and I could sell it. I offered to help him with heavy repairs anytime he needed it but of course he never called for help. I never minded letting Dub test drive my repairs and I know he enjoyed those drives because he said “with a thoroughbred you don’t walk it around the track!” I’ll end with this, when I was going through a hard time like a breakup, Dub would say, “who cares you got a 69 with sidepipes!” I hope God’s letting him race around up there in heaven! Sincerely, David

OldCarBum 12-22-2023 11:04 AM

Great story!
Thanks for sharing!

Lakeside49 12-22-2023 10:45 PM

Good job Dave - what a very nice and well-written testimony to Dub's support for your `69, and as well as our overall hobby on this forum.
I asked, which he seemed to oblige, to be his first book sale when he completed his planned Corvette repair experience/pro-tips book. Aside from the most important part of his family's loss, our hobby is also hit by his loss. He knew so much.

Again, nice note.

Dave V. (Lakeside49)

MurphysLaw247 01-02-2024 10:11 AM

Charlotte Corvette Guy

Dub was a giant in the corvette community and an irreplaceable part of Charlotte.

Anyone know of anyone in CLT that is at least half as knowledgeable?

Stick To Your Gunz 01-02-2024 11:05 PM

Sounds like a great guy with a lot of talent.