CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C3 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-general-119/)
-   -   Sams Club damages a 65 fuelie (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-general/3394939-sams-club-damages-a-65-fuelie.html)

bmans vette 12-31-2013 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by theblackvette (Post 1585795451)
I do not see a post by you? Removed already?

I cannot post on "his" page as he has not friended me.
Open the article he posted about the Houston news article.
The comment is in there.
Either way it looks fishy to me.
Bman :thumbs:

Tooonz 12-31-2013 10:55 AM

I alerted the news station days ago, if they decide to follow up with thier own investigation thats up to them. They can investigate, Im no judge and jury but it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out this one. :crazy2:

And Im sure if a bunch of gear heads can figure this out then a bunch of Sam's lawyers can too :)
Happy New Year!! :party:

Dustup7T2 12-31-2013 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by dar322 (Post 1585795436)
the long arm of the internet has caught up with this crook...at least to us it seems.

Originally Posted by Tooonz (Post 1585796966)
..., Im no judge and jury but it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out this one. :crazy2:

And Im sure if a bunch of gear heads can figure this out then a bunch of Sam's lawyers can too :)

Easy Mike said it best: knowledge is power.

I know that TBV stated that he was playing the devils advocate but when there is so much internet evidence to fill in the blanks, how can this ripoff artist think he can get away with continuing to scam people and businesses out of their legitimately earned money? He's a fool to think that way and I hope, will suffer the consequences enough to shut him up and shut him down.

If his wife is truly carrying this dudes baby, what legacy does that infant inherit from so-called parents? Heck of a family to be born into.

I stand corrected from an earlier statement that I made about policing him ourselves. In retrospect, there is no need because he never was one of us. Just another clown with a Corvette.

Enjoy the new year and stay safe out there tonight...

KYC4 12-31-2013 12:37 PM

[QUOTE=Dustup7T2;1585797691] In retrospect, there is no need because he never was one of us. Just another clown with a Corvette.QUOTE]

No truer words said here...obviously he has no respect for the marque and for all of us who appreciate cars in general and Corvettes in particular.

'Clown'...how so appropriate a description.:thumbs:

Later,

Lee

theblackvette 12-31-2013 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Dustup7T2 (Post 1585797691)
I know that TBV stated that he was playing the devils advocate......

He's a fool to think that way and I hope, will suffer the consequences enough to shut him up.....

:iagree:

I am a fool!!!!!!!! :lol:

:D

jdp6000 12-31-2013 03:48 PM

It would be interesting see why the Ebay buyer never went threw with the deal. The reserve was met at $40,000.

I can't see any damage in the Ebay pictures or video.

maverickmk 12-31-2013 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by KYC4 (Post 1585797930)
'Clown'...how so appropriate a description.:thumbs:

Couldn't agree more.

kdf1986 12-31-2013 07:30 PM

I cant believe the amount of investigative reporting that is going on with this. If its that easy for some of you to find out this information, then I hope that Sams Club has investigators that are equally as good.

good work
kdf

Paul L 12-31-2013 08:55 PM

A public forum. A ligitious person. Accusations. Good luck.

LeMans Pete 12-31-2013 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by paul 74 (Post 1585801850)
A public forum. A ligitious person. Accusations. Good luck.

Paul, help me read between the lines. Are you saying you believe Mr. Nick will sue forum members for posting links containing information about himself?

HawkIVette 12-31-2013 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Easy Mike (Post 1585788678)
BV: Google Nicholas S. Scaffidi. Interesting things begin to pop up.
You can also get something for the baby, if you want. http://www.babyregistry.org/jolene-s...ofile-77998488

:)

WOW! I just googled him and now he is a 62 year old from Florida. He even changed his wife's name. THIS GUY IS SLICK!!!!!
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps68abc3f5.png

MidShark 01-01-2014 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by HawkIVette (Post 1585802594)
WOW! I just googled him and now he is a 62 year old from Florida. He even changed his wife's name. THIS GUY IS SLICK!!!!!
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps68abc3f5.png

The guy in question is Nicholas S. Scaffidi. The man you are showing is Nicholas C. Scaffidi, his dad. Read about it here:
http://www.leagle.com/decision/20051...pp2d1159_11495

Paul L 01-01-2014 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by LeMans Pete (Post 1585801869)
Paul, help me read between the lines. Are you saying you believe Mr. Nick will sue forum members for posting links containing information about himself?

Some of the comments border on slander.

LeMans Pete 01-01-2014 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by paul 74 (Post 1585804287)

Mr. Nick has a convicted history of fraud. I cannot see how anyone calling him a scammer could result in a libel case considering his history alone.

Maybe I have missed other statements that attack his reputation in other areas, but when it comes to this man and fraud, he has a rap sheet that backs up that statement.

theblackvette 01-01-2014 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by LeMans Pete (Post 1585804469)
Mr. Nick has a convicted history of fraud. I cannot see how anyone calling him a scammer could result in a libel case considering his history alone.

Maybe I have missed other statements that attack his reputation in other areas, but when it comes to this man and fraud, he has a rap sheet that backs up that statement.

I found this on the internets. The question is has anyone here done this on the forum? If not.......nothing to be alarmed about. :cheers:

What is defamation, libel and slander?

Whether you are the victim of internet defamation or being wrongfully accused of internet defamation, you need to understand the law. In order for a comment, post or article to constitute internet libel, the following elements must typically be met:

1.The first thing you must prove is that the statement constitutes a false statement of fact. A fact is different than an opinion. A fact can be proven true or false. Opinions are typically not actionable as defamation.

2.The false statement of fact must harm your reputation. There are many false statements posted across the internet. In order to constitute libel, a statement must not only be false but must harm you or your company’s reputation and cause harm.

3.The false statement of fact causing harm must be made without adequate due diligence or research into the truthfulness of the statement. Alternatively, plaintiffs often attempt to prove that the false statement of fact was made with full knowledge of its falsity.

4.If the person who is the subject of the false statement of fact is a celebrity or public official, the plaintiff must also prove “malice.” Malice is proven when the person posting the information on the internet intended to do harm or acted with reckless disregard of the truth in making the statements.

There is often confusion about the differences between defamation, libel and slander. In many ways, courts treat defamation on the internet similar to off-line defamation. But there are differences which you need to understand when the false statements are made on-line.

1.Defamation: An unprivileged false statement of fact which tends to harm the reputation of a person or company. This is a catch-all term for both libel and slander.

2.Libel: Defamation which is written such as on a web site. Most on-line defamation occurs through libel by posting a web page, comment, bulletin board post, review, rating or blog post.

3.Slander: Defamation that is spoken such as through an transcribed video, podcast or audio file.

Easy Mike 01-01-2014 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by paul 74 (Post 1585804287)

To prove slander, you must show to the court's satisfaction (or to a jury if you choose a jury trial) that your reputation has been irreparably damaged as a result of what has been said.

:thumbs:

theblackvette 01-01-2014 10:02 AM

I have to agree with Easy Mike!

WAIT did i just say that????? :willy:

Easy, I don't believe you will be doing any prison time, soon.....

Not for slander anyhow. :D

:cheers:

Easy Mike 01-01-2014 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by theblackvette (Post 1585804516)
...I don't believe you will be doing any prison time, soon...Not for slander anyhow....

We posted at the same time.

Slander is a civil matter, not a crime. No jail time involved. The plaintiff usually sues for money.

Keep in mind he put himself in the public spotlight when he filmed the sound bite and allowed it to be aired.
:thumbs:

Greg Gore 01-01-2014 11:42 AM

This car never was anything near what it is claimed to be. Also, the general quality of overall restoration work and some of the cheap replacement parts are more consistent with a car flipper. My suspicion is it was a rusty frame car fixed up just enough to flip. A severely rusty weakened frame would probably bend enough on Sam's lift to break the body apart. The cracks do show improper body work underneath that fresh blue paint. Possibly the body was broken at those points before and was patched and repainted inexpensively in order to go up for sale. Original flipper probably bought it very cheap as a junker and cashed in. Dunno if or how the eBay seller Nick is connected to this but it is interesting he recently changed his ID and is showing locations in PA, TX and AZ.

theblackvette 01-01-2014 12:10 PM

Easy Mike....

I did search the internet, and although rare, you could actually do jail time for cybercrimes (including stalking, harrassment, bullying).

But you are 100 percent correct on everything else you say.

Actually, you may have done a good deed and perhaps a thank you is in order. Someone may actually send a baby gift because of your search. I don't see how that would hurt anyone?

Everybody loves gifts, (a corvette) especially if it is from a family member, like a wife.

:cheers: