CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-z06-zr1-zora-discussion-187/)
-   -   Z06 Makes 640WHP on DynoJet (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-z06-zr1-zora-discussion/4692485-z06-makes-640whp-on-dynojet.html)

RedLS6 12-15-2022 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by JMB (Post 1606028858)
I heard the owner say that he put Sunoco fuel in it...do we know if it was "Oxygenated" like this thread +50 RWHP gain using just oxygenated fuel on stock 2019 ZR1!

Fueling changes can make BIG HP differences by fooling the ECM as it did in the case of the ZR1 test and I think I pissed off a lot of the "stock record holder" East Coast Boys in he process when I let this cat out of the bag lol...

I've often wondered if some of these stock vehicles have figured out this trick yet. Back in the day, I played around with propylene oxide once, as an oxygenated additive in my drag car. There's better stuff now. We didn't have widebands back then, but I did notice a slight rise in my EGT's before I added a little more fuel to the tune. I was a little scared of the stuff and never messed with it again.

I don't think Fabtech did this; I'm happy to wait for more results from them and others, and we'll begin to see the variations and can apply some statistics to them.

JG853 12-15-2022 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by RedLS6 (Post 1606030798)
I've often wondered if some of these stock vehicles have figured out this trick yet. Back in the day, I played around with propylene oxide once, as an oxygenated additive in my drag car. There's better stuff now. We didn't have widebands back then, but I did notice a slight rise in my EGT's before I added a little more fuel to the tune. I was a little scared of the stuff and never messed with it again.

I don't think Fabtech did this; I'm happy to wait for more results from them and others, and we'll begin to see the variations and can apply some statistics to them.

Lots of guys are using Boostane. Not for me, but others like it

range96 12-15-2022 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by combatninja (Post 1606029999)
These two Z06 cars that we've seen dynoed so far both had carbon wheels and carbon brakes. Rear Z06 carbon wheel assembly at 21" with a 345 tires weighs significantly less than a base Stingray rear 20" cast wheel with a 305. Now, the moment arm of inertia might be longer on the Z06 with all that heavy tire being so far from the hub, but I'm no physics major. As to the carbon brakes these cars also wore, they are also lighter than their steel counterparts for the rotor. We know the Z06 has some kind of uprated clutch packs but there is no reason to think they are any heavier, I assumed it would be friction material changes. Point is, I don't think the Z06 with the full carbon wheels and brakes has a much drivetrain loss as you might at first assume.

You're contradicting yourself, the other CF wheel, CCB Z06 car you mentioned did NOT dyno 640.

Chalky 12-15-2022 11:51 AM

Just curious but can HP Tuner read basic data from the C8 using OBD2? Timing, KR, IAT,etc..

JMB 12-15-2022 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by RedLS6 (Post 1606030798)

I 100% don't think Fabtech did either, but I wouldn't put it past a YouTuber to do this and just not say anything in order to create controversy and get more hits which leads to more $$$!!!

vrybad 12-15-2022 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Chalky (Post 1606031233)
Just curious but can HP Tuner read basic data from the C8 using OBD2? Timing, KR, IAT,etc..

Just poking on the web it appears HP Tuners might allow scanning and logging but I have no absolute knowledge about that.
Their website does not currently offer support for the C8 as far as I can tell.