CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-tech-performance-101/)
-   -   Dyno'd today...great numbers!! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-tech-performance/2426344-dynod-today-great-numbers.html)

ChopShop1 09-15-2009 09:35 PM

Dyno'd today...great numbers!!

I had my 06 mn6 coupe dyno today and I am impressed.

Lg 1 3/4, halltech intake, bullets, and ported t/b.....409hp and 390ft lbs......ON A MUSTANG DYNO...

From what I have read, these numbers seem to be really good, any thoughts???...The car feels great and I can't wait to add more.

Boomer111 09-15-2009 09:49 PM

Nice gains. Guess the ported TB adds some nice gains.

ChopShop1 09-15-2009 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Boomer111 (Post 1571508462)
Nice gains. Guess the ported TB adds some nice gains.

Thanks!! I am super happy with it.

AirBusPilot 09-15-2009 09:56 PM

It's my understanding ported TB's don't add HP, just aid in part throttle response.

LVFR2DY 09-15-2009 09:58 PM

hell yeah those are, i wish i did that good........

StoplightWarrior 09-16-2009 03:15 AM

Close to my #s, but I only have z06 manifolds + cats.

ChopShop1 09-16-2009 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by StoplightWarrior (Post 1571511110)

Wow...Your numbers look great to me. I was surprised becasue it seemed like guys with similar mods were getting like 385 or on mustang dynos. I am very happy to break the 400 mark with just the mods I have now. :cheers:

k0bun 09-16-2009 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by StoplightWarrior (Post 1571511110)

You have an LS3.

FloydSummerOf68 09-16-2009 01:14 PM

I would take it with a grain of salt.

Go run easy 11s with it at near 120mph and then I'll believe those numbers :)

ChopShop1 09-16-2009 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68 (Post 1571515018)
I would take it with a grain of salt.

Go run easy 11s with it at near 120mph and then I'll believe those numbers :)

Thats fine, guys around here sure have a funny way of showing support for each other. :D I have seen more than one ls2 with these kind of numbers on the forum. It just may be that a tuner that people in California don't know about that works out of New Haven is actually really good, and just because they aren't all over the forum doesn't meen that they can't make some of the best numbers. Its cool though

Seriously though, its like a different car than the one I bought so I am happy. Hope all you nay sayers have fun with your cars too:D

AroundMyHorn 09-16-2009 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by ChopShop1 (Post 1571515188)
Thats fine, guys around here sure have a funny way of showing support for each other. :D I have seen more than one ls2 with these kind of numbers on the forum. It just may be that a tuner that people in California don't know about that works out of New Haven is actually really good, and just because they aren't all over the forum doesn't meen that they can't make some of the best numbers. Its cool though

Seriously though, its like a different car than the one I bought so I am happy. Hope all you nay sayers have fun with your cars too:D

If you don't mind me asking how much did all of this cost you?

PowerLabs 09-16-2009 01:53 PM

Where in New Haven did you get tuned? Pruven? I drive there every now and again ;)

Regarding the numbers... Sounds a bit too high, but here is mine with:

Kooks 1 3/4" Headers, catted X-Pipe
GHL Catback
VaraRam CAI
Tune

http://www.powerlabs.org/images/c6/finalplot.JPG

04_Z06_CE 09-16-2009 03:10 PM

also dont mustang dynos dyno lower by a bout 20-30 hp?

ChopShop1 09-16-2009 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn (Post 1571515451)
If you don't mind me asking how much did all of this cost you?

Not at all. $450 for the tune, including free liftime retunes. $200 for the throttle body and install(would have done it myself but decided to do it at the last minute). Seemed good to me.

ChopShop1 09-16-2009 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by PowerLabs (Post 1571515515)
Where in New Haven did you get tuned? Pruven? I drive there every now and again ;)

GHL Catback
VaraRam CAI
Tune

No not pruven, Mongillo Motors...honestly I am very happy with them, the service and performance. They have no reason to inflate the number to me. Our numbers look very close.

With regard to the people smashing me for believing it, whos to say that my shop isn't the best tuner in the area??? Just because they are not on this forum they can't be. Come on guys.

I will post the sheet once I can figure out how..:rofl:I'm not great with that stuff

LSCHLEM 09-16-2009 03:23 PM

Good numbers had'nt seen them in some time

Yes, your numbers are very good and you still dont have a ported fast.
Usually the FAST will get you at least 20/20 thats what I have on mine
and I got 412/408 as a bolton prior to the CAM & UD PULLEY. There will be NA sayers no matter what you do especially when you come in over 400 with boltons. Congratulations on making 409 RWHP and enjoy your new animal. Leon

ChopShop1 09-16-2009 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by LSCHLEM (Post 1571516533)
Yes, your numbers are very good and you still dont have a ported fast.
Usually the FAST will get you at least 20/20 thats what I have on mine
and I got 412/408 as a bolton prior to the CAM & UD PULLEY. There will be NA sayers no matter what you do especially when you come in over 400 with boltons. Congratulations on making 409 RWHP and enjoy your new animal. Leon

Thanks man, I appreciate it!!!! Yeah, my tuner said the same thing to me today. He says he was really surprised an the numbrs and the curve and how little timing he threw at it to get the numbers.

Boomer111 09-16-2009 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by AirBusPilot (Post 1571508566)
It's my understanding ported TB's don't add HP, just aid in part throttle response.

Well I was looking for where he got the higher than normal numbers! Not bad for a Ls2. Although I am skeptical.

dsp300c 09-16-2009 04:35 PM

go get some pulls on a dyno jet

ChopShop1 09-16-2009 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by dsp300c (Post 1571517345)
go get some pulls on a dyno jet

Why, the numbers should be higher on the dyno jet, and my tuner offered to pay for me to make a pull anywhere I want to if I think the numbers are off???????????????????? I can't believe how pissy a bunch of gear head guys can get..its like trying to socialize with a bunch of women

Corvettes of Dallas - Parts 09-16-2009 05:13 PM

Great #'s!

Corvettes of Dallas

dsp300c 09-16-2009 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by ChopShop1 (Post 1571517458)
Why, the numbers should be higher on the dyno jet, and my tuner offered to pay for me to make a pull anywhere I want to if I think the numbers are off???????????????????? I can't believe how pissy a bunch of gear head guys can get..its like trying to socialize with a bunch of women

i didn't criticize your numbers...i am just telling to go to dyno jet b/c that is what alot of guys use on the forum...all i am saying...it will help with the skeptics...so calm down

ChopShop1 09-16-2009 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by dsp300c (Post 1571517804)
i didn't criticize your numbers...i am just telling to go to dyno jet b/c that is what alot of guys use on the forum...all i am saying...it will help with the skeptics...so calm down

No problem, sorry about that...Its just that people on the forum have been giving me a hard time all day:willy:

turboffr 09-16-2009 07:06 PM

wow, good numbers.

I have a similar setup as you and only mustered 378 on a MUSTANG DYNO. It was a little on the rich side (11.5) so I'm thinking 385 was probably the most I could have gotten.

I just put on a SPIN Ported Ls2 & TB and plan to head back to the dyno soon. I was hoping for something in the 390's with the ported intake and retune.

06 MN6 Z51
Kooks 1 3/4 with catted x-pipe
Borla Stingers
Callaway Honker

Wonder what value they input into the dyno to calculate the load. I believe that would make a difference in the numbers. I think they entered 3500 for mine.

AirBusPilot 09-16-2009 07:10 PM

Welcome to CF. Though I don't really see that kind of behavior in this thread. It all depends on who you are around here that determines whether you'll get questioned for results that fall way outside the norm. And God help you if you question certain individuals in particular around here, despite how incredible the claims.:rolleyes:

In your case, it does fall way outside the norm for a mustang dyno, though I'm not sure if the mustang dyno has a setting that converts those numbers to dynojet numbers. But, who cares, I've never been one that thought dyno numbers meant much when trying to compare different cars on different dynos. The only comparison that is valid is your before and after dyno results. And what it does at the track.

dsp300c 09-16-2009 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by ChopShop1 (Post 1571518991)
No problem, sorry about that...Its just that people on the forum have been giving me a hard time all day:willy:

it's cool...just find a shop that has a dyno jet around you and do a couple pulls

k0bun 09-16-2009 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by ChopShop1 (Post 1571518991)

I don't think anyone is giving you a hard time, we're just trying to show you what the norm is. I know you didn't take offense to my post in your previous thread and I hope you don't here either because that is absolutely NOT my intent.

It is generally accepted that a Mustang Dyno will read slightly lower than a Dynojet. Even on a Dynojet the numbers for those mods seem high. So imagine when you post them from a dyno that is known to read even lower. That is where the skepticism is coming from. Your set up is pretty basic and I don't think you'd be hard pressed to find another LS2 C6 with the same mods not putting down the power you are. The only other variable is the tuner. I don't know this particular shop so I can't comment on their abilities but we have some of the best, if not the best, LS tuners in the world right here on this site cranking out dozens of cars a year. Check the stats for some of their customer cars and you'll see why there is a discrepancy. It usually takes atleast a FAST/ported intake to get those numbers out of a CAI/Exhaust LS2 and more commonly a cam(no FAST). If you were to line up with one of these cars making the same power as you (Dynojet), you'd most likely get beat.(driver dependent) This is why I hate arguing dyno sheets. There is just too much BS to try and prove either way.

So with that said I have no doubt that your car feels much more powerful, because it is. You picked a good base of mods and they will show improvements both on the dyno and the track/street. The results are just not what is commonly seen so of course people will make call outs. It's nothing personal, we just want to learn and understand....well most of us. Anyway, I don't want to keep coming into your threads and beating this horse so I'll end my side of this discussion here. My piece is said and I hope you enjoy your Vette.

NOW SUPERCHARGE THAT BITCH! :D

ChopShop1 09-16-2009 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by k0bun (Post 1571519228)
I don't think anyone is giving you a hard time, we're just trying to show you what the norm is. I know you didn't take offense to my post in your previous thread and I hope you don't here either because that is absolutely NOT my intent.

It is generally accepted that a Mustang Dyno will read slightly lower than a Dynojet. Even on a Dynojet the numbers for those mods seem high. So imagine when you post them from a dyno that is known to read even lower. That is where the skepticism is coming from. Your set up is pretty basic and I don't think you'd be hard pressed to find another LS2 C6 with the same mods not putting down the power you are. The only other variable is the tuner. I don't know this particular shop so I can't comment on their abilities but we have some of the best, if not the best, LS tuners in the world right here on this site cranking out dozens of cars a year. Check the stats for some of their customer cars and you'll see why there is a discrepancy. It usually takes atleast a FAST/ported intake to get those numbers out of a CAI/Exhaust LS2 and more commonly a cam(no FAST). If you were to line up with one of these cars making the same power as you (Dynojet), you'd most likely get beat.(driver dependent) This is why I hate arguing dyno sheets. There is just too much BS to try and prove either way.

So with that said I have no doubt that your car feels much more powerful, because it is. You picked a good base of mods and they will show improvements both on the dyno and the track/street. The results are just not what is commonly seen so of course people will make call outs. It's nothing personal, we just want to learn and understand....well most of us. Anyway, I don't want to keep coming into your threads and beating this horse so I'll end my side of this discussion here. My piece is said and I hope you enjoy your Vette.

NOW SUPERCHARGE THAT BITCH! :D

Much appreciated. Thanks for the explanationa nd the good wishes. I can't wait to supercharge it.

I just felt like everyone saying.."theres no way you made those numbers" is not the same as saying "hey those are high, how well do you know the tuner". I guess I get defensive about things I hold dear to me. I do see some guys with similar numbers and mods though.

I talked to some big name companies around the country and they say my shop is 1st class and they send cars there from all over the country. I still contend that a shop, like the one I use, does not have to be all over the forum to be the best.

Thanks to all for the positive comments. :thumbs:

CHARGED UP 09-16-2009 07:35 PM

:thumbs: Enjoy the improved performance !

Sparo2 09-16-2009 07:59 PM

Great #s man.
I've been meaning to get my car dynoed but i'd figure I'll wait till I get my SpinFAST before i do. Besides, I have heads & cam on the way as we speak. I just want to know how much mines puts down w/ boltons only.

ChopShop1 09-16-2009 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Sparo2 (Post 1571519852)
Great #s man.
I've been meaning to get my car dynoed but i'd figure I'll wait till I get my SpinFAST before i do. Besides, I have heads & cam on the way as we speak. I just want to know how much mines puts down w/ boltons only.

Nice...I am sure you will love the car with heads/cam/fast..Its sure to be a quick car.

06C6FVR 09-16-2009 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by ChopShop1 (Post 1571508253)
I had my 06 mn6 coupe dyno today and I am impressed.

Lg 1 3/4, halltech intake, bullets, and ported t/b.....409hp and 390ft lbs......ON A MUSTANG DYNO...

From what I have read, these numbers seem to be really good, any thoughts???...The car feels great and I can't wait to add more.

Not to start a pissing match, but ask if those are SAE,STD or uncorrected numbers. If it was a cool day out, and they gave you uncorrected numbers, then it would make much more sense. As someone previously stated, your numbers for such a basic setup are around 20-30 RWHP more than the norm. Especially from a mustang dyno. You can even go to the LG website and they have many other cars just like yours listed and none of them are putting down the kind of numbers you reported. I would have it tested on another dyno, and make sure you ask for SAE results, as STD will usually be around 10hp more, and uncorrected can go from 50 less to 50 more depending on temperature and humidity. Something else that can affect dyno's is the temp reading that is punched in to get SAE numbers, or blowing into the dyno thermometer reader to increase temp and humidity to change the correction factor.
I am not saying that any of that was done, just hopefully explaining how the numbers can be skewed.

ChopShop1 09-16-2009 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by 06C6FVR (Post 1571520539)
Not to start a pissing match, but ask if those are SAE,STD or uncorrected numbers. If it was a cool day out, and they gave you uncorrected numbers, then it would make much more sense. As someone previously stated, your numbers for such a basic setup are around 20-30 RWHP more than the norm. Especially from a mustang dyno. You can even go to the LG website and they have many other cars just like yours listed and none of them are putting down the kind of numbers you reported. I would have it tested on another dyno, and make sure you ask for SAE results, as STD will usually be around 10hp more, and uncorrected can go from 50 less to 50 more depending on temperature and humidity. Something else that can affect dyno's is the temp reading that is punched in to get SAE numbers, or blowing into the dyno thermometer reader to increase temp and humidity to change the correction factor.
I am not saying that any of that was done, just hopefully explaining how the numbers can be skewed.

Thanks for taking the time to post a nice response. The numbers are SAE corrected numbers, and it was by no means a cold day. It was about 82deg and not the most humid day, but not the most comfortable either. Thanks again

06C6FVR 09-16-2009 09:33 PM

what was the correction factor?

ChopShop1 09-16-2009 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by 06C6FVR (Post 1571521178)

Where on the sheet do i find that???

LSCHLEM 09-16-2009 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by 06C6FVR (Post 1571521178)

I believe the op said the numbers were SAE CORRECTED. He did not mention the smoothing like 1 to 5. If the OP posted the DYNO SHEET
much would be clearly understood. Generally highly ported units usually
( FULL BOLTONS) with ported throttle body and ported oem or more particularly PORTED FASTS usually post a higher RWTQ number than RWHP
which shows the disparity in in HP/TQ at 409 vs 390 explains his setup to some degree. In most instances if you put a mustang dynoed car on a DYNOJET you can expect a higher reading. If the OP would put his car on a DYNOJET he may just have a record.

ChopShop1 09-16-2009 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by LSCHLEM (Post 1571521715)
I believe the op said the numbers were SAE CORRECTED. He did not mention the smoothing like 1 to 5. If the OP posted the DYNO SHEET
much would be clearly understood. Generally highly ported units usually
( FULL BOLTONS) with ported throttle body and ported oem or more particularly PORTED FASTS usually post a higher RWTQ number than RWHP
which shows the disparity in in HP/TQ at 409 vs 390 explains his setup to some degree. In most instances if you put a mustang dynoed car on a DYNOJET you can expect a higher reading. If the OP would put his car on a DYNOJET he may just have a record.

I would love to. I will try to have my seceratary scan and pos the sheet for me tomorrow. Where else in the CT area, New Haven county prefferably, can I put the car on a dyno jet???? Thanks

LSCHLEM 09-16-2009 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by ChopShop1 (Post 1571521785)
I would love to. I will try to have my seceratary scan and pos the sheet for me tomorrow. Where else in the CT area, New Haven county prefferably, can I put the car on a dyno jet???? Thanks

WELL ITS NOT JUST A MATTER OF PUTING THE CAR ON THE DYNOJET. You would want to at least have your tuner accompany you. He may want to tweek it as temperatures are dropping in the N.E. If you can get the SHEET posted soon you would have a first line validation as to what happened on the DYNO.

FloydSummerOf68 09-17-2009 11:26 AM

Only person that was getting pissy is you, from the looks of that post.

My point was that your numbers are VERY high for a mustang dyno and that your car should put out incredible times at the track if you're actually making those numbers, because dyno numbers are good for nothing other than tuning.

What were your numbers on the first pull when he put it on the dyno before tuning?

ChopShop1 09-17-2009 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68 (Post 1571526702)
Only person that was getting pissy is you, from the looks of that post.

My point was that your numbers are VERY high for a mustang dyno and that your car should put out incredible times at the track if you're actually making those numbers, because dyno numbers are good for nothing other than tuning.

What were your numbers on the first pull when he put it on the dyno before tuning?

I am not getting pissy, just annoyed at people talking to me like I am a fool and know nothing about what kind of power the car can make just because I am making more than most people.

The first run he did was after the street tune, it made 390hp and I forget how much torque. no baseline before, I had already installed everything(except t/b) before I brought him the car.

The only other thing I se on the dyno sheet is a spot where it shows filter level at 9. Not sure what that means

FloydSummerOf68 09-17-2009 12:53 PM

Actually you're making more than everyone I've ever seen post up or heard of with similar mods, by a good margin. So expect some skepticism :)

ChopShop1 09-17-2009 02:25 PM

Well for what its worth, I jsut got off the the phon with the service dept at mustangdyne, the maker of the mustang dyno. I went over the readings on my sheet and he confirmed by what I told him that my numbers are corrected and that the filter value used was very low, meaning that my numbers ar very accurate. The filter value on the machines goes from 0-100 and the value on mine is a 9. The tech said believ the numbers and enjoy the car...ignore the haters:rofl:

NormWild 09-17-2009 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by 04_Z06_CE (Post 1571516391)
also dont mustang dynos dyno lower by a bout 20-30 hp?

Not always, depends on how they are set up. Mine with full bolt ons dynoed 405 on a dynojet, 412 on a Mustang.

ChopShop1 09-17-2009 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Beatitt (Post 1571529120)
Not always, depends on how they are set up. Mine with full bolt ons dynoed 405 on a dynojet, 412 on a Mustang.

So you had even slightly better numbers than I did. Did people tell you that you were crazy to believe them. Everyone keeps telling me that there is no way my car made these numbers

chsmith112 09-17-2009 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by PowerLabs (Post 1571515515)

GHL Catback
VaraRam CAI
Tune

Even these are high. RPMs numbers are a good 20hp higher than all the other dynos I have been to.:toetap:

turboffr 09-17-2009 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by ChopShop1 (Post 1571528824)
The filter value on the machines goes from 0-100 and the value on mine is a 9.

Interesting. Did he say how those values influenced the HP/TRQ #'s. Looks like my filter was on 6 with filter mode "FIR". Would that mean that my numbers are even more accurate than yours? I also seem to remember that they had to enter the weight of the car. Not the actual weight, but they had a chart which listed the weights to use for each car. I believe mine was input as 3500. You would think that they would all use the same dyno settings, but it could be a different dyno model #. Mine was done on an MD 1100. Guess that's why you really can't compare dyno numbers. Just stick with the same one so you can verify gains as you make changes. :cheers:

ChopShop1 09-17-2009 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by turboffr (Post 1571529774)
Interesting. Did he say how those values influenced the HP/TRQ #'s. Looks like my filter was on 6 with filter mode "FIR". Would that mean that my numbers are even more accurate than yours? I also seem to remember that they had to enter the weight of the car. Not the actual weight, but they had a chart which listed the weights to use for each car. I believe mine was input as 3500. You would think that they would all use the same dyno settings, but it could be a different dyno model #. Mine was done on an MD 1100. Guess that's why you really can't compare dyno numbers. Just stick with the same one so you can verify gains as you make changes. :cheers:

I'm not really sure to be honest....I would assume so. I believe the dyno they used for mine was the same becasue he said something about it being able to handle up tp 1100rwhp or something around that number. Like you said, jsut want to trakc how each thing improvs. My ultimate judgement comes when I drive the car:cheers:

turboffr 09-17-2009 04:34 PM

Dyno Chart

Here's a copy of my MD chart. 378 RWHP - '06 MN6, Kooks 1 3/4, Callaway Honker, Borla Catback, 160 tstat, SLP Diablo tune. You can see by the graph that everything dips right after 4000. This was the COT. It was still on and wouldn't let me lean it out. Didn't figure this out until I got home. I picked up 10+ rwhp going from 10.5:1 to 11.5:1 so I figure it may have had another 10 in it which would have brought me to ~ 388. Didn't touch the timing. Torque was rather low. So, my tune clearly wasn't where it needed to be and made 378 using a Diablo predator. I can see how someone using more sophisticated tuning software could get better number.

I now have a SPIN ported LS2 and TB so when I go back any gain in HP/TRQ will be the combination of the new mods and leaner A/F and timing. I'm hoping for close to 400, but we'll see.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...edyno90309.jpg

LSCHLEM 09-17-2009 04:37 PM

I believe CHOPSHOP has the record at 409RWHP His numbers would only read higher on a dynojet AND YET HIGHER on a DYNODYNAMICS or
DYNOMYTE. I would love to see the sheet which he indicated he may post
if his secretary helps him scan it in. Others can speculate all they want but the facts are the facts.

dsp300c 09-17-2009 04:41 PM

like i said before...find dyno jet (since it is more of standard use on the forum) near you and prove all the skeptics wrong...very simple and easy to do

ChopShop1 09-17-2009 04:52 PM

My sec is taking the sheet for me now that the office is closed and I will post it within the next few mins...:thumbs:

ChopShop1 09-17-2009 05:16 PM

Does anyone have an email that I can send to and psot the sheet for me. I can't figure out how to attch it to my reply in the thread, but have it in my email from our scanner. Thanks:cheers:

turboffr 09-17-2009 05:28 PM

you need to save it to photobucket.com or the equivalent and then just copy/past the link.

PM sent

chsmith112 09-17-2009 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by LSCHLEM (Post 1571530286)
I believe CHOPSHOP has the record at 409RWHP His numbers would only read higher on a dynojet AND YET HIGHER on a DYNODYNAMICS or
DYNOMYTE. I would love to see the sheet which he indicated he may post
if his secretary helps him scan it in. Others can speculate all they want but the facts are the facts.

I am finding that numbers don't read higher than the other if they all have pretty much the same settings. I got 20hp more in a dynomite than a dynodynamics and dyno jet.

ChopShop1 09-17-2009 05:36 PM

Turbo ffr was kind enough to offer to post the sheet for me and I just emialed him so it should be up any min. now.

turboffr 09-17-2009 05:39 PM

Jake's Dyno Chart

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...q/JakeDyno.jpg

ChopShop1 09-17-2009 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by turboffr (Post 1571531017)

There it is ladies and gentlemen. Thanks to Mike for posting it for me!!!

PowerLabs 09-17-2009 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by turboffr (Post 1571530248)
Here's a copy of my MD chart. 378 RWHP - '06 MN6, Kooks 1 3/4, Callaway Honker, Borla Catback, 160 tstat, SLP Diablo tune. You can see by the graph that everything dips right after 4000.

That's your problem right there... My friend LOST about 12WHP with his Diablosport tune...

BTW what's this obsession with his dyno numbers people? All dynos read different. The same dyno reads different from day to day; my car "lost" 18 WHP between winter and summer having it dynoed; does that prove anything? If I dyno it somewhere else and it shows 40WHP less, is it any slower? If I find a nice optimistic Dynojet and put down 630WHP, has it become faster?

Get real :rolleyes:

AirBusPilot 09-17-2009 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by PowerLabs (Post 1571531212)
That's your problem right there... My friend LOST about 12WHP with his Diablosport tune...

BTW what's this obsession with his dyno numbers people? All dynos read different. The same dyno reads different from day to day; my car "lost" 18 WHP between winter and summer having it dynoed; does that prove anything? If I dyno it somewhere else and it shows 40WHP less, is it any slower? If I find a nice optimistic Dynojet and put down 630WHP, has it become faster?

Get real :rolleyes:

:iagree: Some talk about this being a "record". Well, only in the sense as it's a record for LS2 corvettes with those mods on that day and on that particular dyno at that shop. Dyno comparisons aren't worth much.

ChopShop1 09-17-2009 06:26 PM

Well I just posted it because ther ewere so many saying before that there was no way I made those numbers Weather corrected without smooting. This shows that I did. The wc next to the numbers means the numbers are SAE corrected, and the 9 is out of 100 on the filter. According to the makers of the mustang dyno, this means my run is about as accurate as one can get. And this is a true reading, as it was done on a mustang.

I also agree that dyno numbers aren't everything, but the due count for something and now that I posted the sheet, all of the sudden they don't count??? come on guys, its all good, we are all enthusiasts here

AirBusPilot 09-17-2009 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by ChopShop1 (Post 1571531570)
Well I just posted it because ther ewere so many saying before that there was no way I made those numbers Weather corrected without smooting. This shows that I did. The wc next to the numbers means the numbers are SAE corrected, and the 9 is out of 100 on the filter. According to the makers of the mustang dyno, this means my run is about as accurate as one can get. And this is a true reading, as it was done on a mustang.

I also agree that dyno numbers aren't everything, but the due count for something and now that I posted the sheet, all of the sudden they don't count??? come on guys, its all good, we are all enthusiasts here

They count for alot, but only in relation to showing changes on your car and setup. Other than that, they don't mean much and that isn't a slam against you. This subject has been beaten to death since dyno's and the internet met.

ChopShop1 09-17-2009 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by AirBusPilot (Post 1571531690)
They count for alot, but only in relation to showing changes on your car and setup. Other than that, they don't mean much and that isn't a slam against you. This subject has been beaten to death since dyno's and the internet met.

You are deff right, no offense taken. I jsut find it funny how quickly people jumped on me to post the details and the sheet cause it wasn't possible but once I posted, not one of the posters who doubted the numbers has responded. Thanks to all who have wished well,

No offence taken, I love my car, and it is a deiiferent animal now, so much fun to drive.:cheers:

PowerLabs 09-17-2009 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by ChopShop1 (Post 1571531570)
According to the makers of the mustang dyno, this means my run is about as accurate as one can get. And this is a true reading, as it was done on a mustang.

From one enthusiast to another: Nonsense,
This is a Mustang Dyno:

http://www.mustangdyne.com/products/MD-250/250.gif

There are heavy steel rollers, supported by bearings. Those rollers attach to an eddy current absorber unit which consists of a large metal disk spinning past a row of electromagnets; the electromagnets induce a current on the metal disk, which opposes the magnetic field, creating electromagnetic drag.
Your car's weight, drag and frontal area are inputted into the dyno and a ramp rate (how many MPH it picks up every second) is set; the absorber unit then applies a varying load to the wheels. By looking at how quickly your back wheels accelerated the rollers, and how much load was absorbed, the dyno estimates how much power your car made. It then runs a correction factor based on the temperature and humidity recorded at the shop to estimate how much power it would have made under SAE-Standartised conditions.

Now, here we go...

Your tires deflect as they roll over the dyno; as they deflect, they absorb power. That depends on tire size, width, rubber hardness, temperature, how much pressure they are inflated to, and how hard the car is strapped down to the dyno.

The bearings on the dyno rollers absorb some power too. That depends on their age, condition, and how well oiled they are.

The power absorption at any given current input level for the eddy current absorber depends LARGELY on its temperature, and its temperature changes as the run progresses because the absorber is converting absorbed power into heat.

The temperature and humidity recorded by the correction box may not be the temperature and humidity of the air your engine is taking in

The mass and other specs inputted into the program will change the appearent power measured

The ramp rate inputted will change how much power is measured; the faster you perform the test, the less power the car appears to have.
So, how do you know that the correction factors apply to the exact same resistance your tires, that absorption unit, and that particular set of rollers ACTUALLY have?

I'll bet you the cost of a dyno run that I can take your car, pump the tires up to 50PSI, strap it down lightly and put some bogus numbers on the dyno computer and lay you down a 480WHP run EASY.

I also bet if you bring it to another Mustang Dyno of the same brand it will not read the same.

I'll make a 3rd bet that if you dyno it tomorrow it won't read the same, and that's even if all the inputs remain the same.
And, again, realize that if you read + - 15WHP (which is what everyone here is disputing), you are talking about a 3% error in a machine that has no aspirations of being lab grade equipment...

So, no, it is not "as accurate as one can get", and even if it was, that doesn't really mean much.

For more information, I encourage anyone excited about dyno racing to pick up a copy of:

http://www.motobooks.co.nz/CMS/compo...edb9aa06b3.jpg

16 dollars very well spent... You'll even learn HOW you can play with your car and the dyno to get even more "record breaking" numbers :lol:

ChopShop1 09-17-2009 06:54 PM

Wow powerlabs...you are a real know it all wise a$$. I have followed many of your posts and there are usually very intelligent and informative, but you seem to feel the need to always show how you know more than the next guy. Whatever, quite frankly, I love the forum in general and most of the members are cool, but comments and attitudes like this are stupid. Thanks for showing everyone how intelligent you are because you are an enginere and know more than me. My numbers are what they are and the car feels fast now. Have a great day:D

PowerLabs 09-17-2009 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by ChopShop1 (Post 1571531875)
Wow powerlabs...you are a real know it all wise a$$.

I am sorry if you feel like me not agreeing with you is insulting, but unless you have some better information than what I posted, I'll stick with what my education, and that of the people who wrote that book, says... You have a nice day too.

turboffr 09-17-2009 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by PowerLabs (Post 1571531212)

I can't say that I've lost power because I have no comparison. I do agree though that the tune was not optimized. Once I go back I will report the new numbers. The Predator is not the best tuning device, but if you know how to use it does the job just fine for bolt ons. Once I get a cam I'll ditch the Predator. The main reason I got it was to familiarize myself with the car and shut off the o2 codes for the LT headers.

Most people just install the performance tune and drive the car expecting great results. This doesn't work., you still need to tweak the tune. My fuel trims were way off and PE fuel also needed some work as well to lean it out.

ChopShop1 09-17-2009 07:09 PM

I understand the point about the equip. but it was the sarcastic tone of the post with the laughing faces that pissed me off. Anyway, people were not disputing that the machine was not spot on, they were saying that my car with my mods could not have posted those numbers, corrected, and not smoothed way out. It did, I rest my case.

No offense man, Thats jsut how I feel, and I don't take kindly to being talked to like a child

k0bun 09-17-2009 07:40 PM

Wow powerlabs...you are a real know it all wise a$$. I have followed many of your posts and there are usually very intelligent and informative, but you seem to feel the need to always show how you know more than the next guy. Whatever, quite frankly, I love the forum in general and most of the members are cool, but comments and attitudes like this are stupid. Thanks for showing everyone how intelligent you are because you are an enginere and know more than me. My numbers are what they are and the car feels fast now. Have a great day:D

:rofl:

LSCHLEM 09-17-2009 09:26 PM

Jake posted the numbers

JAKE, Thanks for posting your numbers. 409 RWHP is yours to keep as
a matter of record for a LS2 with the full compliment of BOLTONS. There
have been many CF members in years past who said I got 400 RWHP with
only LT's & a tune. When asked, when scrutinized, when the NA sayers said nobody has produced those kind of numbers with those mods only
the OP just faded away and never returned. You produced a sheet of documentary evidence that your car has in fact produced the 409 RWHP
on that day with a specific DYNO
It doesnt matter what dyno you used and we all had our fill of dyno arguments and somehow concluded that the dynojet is the presumptive standard on this forum. OH I spoke too soon CARTEK now has a dyno
that factors in what DIFF RATIO you have and simply factors it in with
other parameters. We add 10 RWHP on our dynojets and others as it is
determined that the 4.10 gears skews the dyno reading by 10 RWHP.
Some believed that and some dont.
I would like to see you put a PORTED FAST on your car and return to the same mustang dyno and blow some minds. The NA sayers would never take the bet that those numbers then would be lower on a dynojet or other.
Enjoy your new animal because soon you will want a little more and
contact the MOD BUG and here we go again. Leon

Boomer111 09-17-2009 09:39 PM

Dyno's are nothing more than a tuners aid, period. Comparing is useless. Also useless is not knowing the base numbers. If you want big numbers just think flywheel horsepower.

ChopShop1 09-17-2009 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by LSCHLEM (Post 1571533537)
only LT's & a tune. When asked, when scrutinized, when the NA sayers said nobody has produced those kind of numbers with those mods only
the OP just faded away and never returned. You produced a sheet of documentary evidence that your car has in fact produced the 409 RWHP
It doesnt matter what dyno you used and we all had our fill of dyno arguments and somehow concluded that the dynojet is the presumptive standard on this forum. OH I spoke too soon CARTEK now has a dyno
I would like to see you put a PORTED FAST on your car and return to the same mustang dyno and blow some minds. The NA sayers would never take the bet that those numbers then would be lower on a dynojet or other.

Thanks Leon, I appreciate it!! I will most likely get a "spin fast" and a very mild cam in the next month or so. I am trying to decide whether I want the new wheels and widebody first or the blower. I am thinking of waiting for the blower, as we all know, no matter how fast you make it, after some time it will just seem normal. The longer I wait ( within reason of course) the longer I will stay happy with the car:D

Seriously though, thank you for your support on this, I appreciate that you responded after I posted the sheet. I don't get why those people that:bs even bother, at some point someone will find out that they are full of it, and telling people that their cars made more power than it did wont make it feel faster. Take care

Jake

PowerLabs 09-17-2009 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by LSCHLEM (Post 1571533537)

Actually I can think of at least 2 other people who have claimed well over 400WHP from a bolt-ons LS2 on this forum within the last 2 years.

And any load bearing dyno will show no difference in readings due to different final drive ratios. Cartek has always had a Dynojet, which is non load bearing, unless that changed since 2 weeks ago.

LSCHLEM 09-17-2009 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by PowerLabs (Post 1571533832)
Actually I can think of at least 2 other people who have claimed well over 400WHP from a bolt-ons LS2 on this forum within the last 2 years.

And any load bearing dyno will show no difference in readings due to different final drive ratios. Cartek has always had a Dynojet, which is non load bearing, unless that changed since 2 weeks ago.

Yes it was in the past 2 weeks or so that CARTEK got a new DYNO. I did not know that and added 10 RWHP/TQ to my recent numbers W CAM only on dynojet. I know its different getting a reading with it factored in as opposed to saying I GOT 443 but its really 453 because of the DYNOJET skewing the numbers by 10. SPIN has a thread out there about this subject and he always emphasizes the calibration loss when we are talking about DYNO numbers thru 4.10 Gears.
I know you have a nasty machine there and I probably would be afraid to drive it.
As far as the Op is concerned I give him the benefit of the doubt as he learns there will be many questions especially from others who did not achieve those power levels he did with the same or more boltons than he did.

ChopShop1 09-18-2009 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by LSCHLEM (Post 1571534179)
Yes it was in the past 2 weeks or so that CARTEK got a new DYNO. I did not know that and added 10 RWHP/TQ to my recent numbers W CAM only on dynojet. I know its different getting a reading with it factored in as opposed to saying I GOT 443 but its really 453 because of the DYNOJET skewing the numbers by 10. SPIN has a thread out there about this subject and he always emphasizes the calibration loss when we are talking about DYNO numbers thru 4.10 Gears.
I know you have a nasty machine there and I probably would be afraid to drive it.
As far as the Op is concerned I give him the benefit of the doubt as he learns there will be many questions especially from others who did not achieve those power levels he did with the same or more boltons than he did.

Once again, thank you Leon, I appreciate your post. I still have much to learn about the new corvettes and fule injection. I am used to building old carb muscle cars with my dad, when you could stand IN the engine bay to work on the motor. This forum has been a great tool and I really enjoy most of the coversations.

Last night I took the car out again, the temp was about 60 and crisp. The car seemed to run noticably stronger.(it seems to love that slightly cool weather.) I look forward to the cam and fast and posting those numbers real soon.:cheers:

Wass 09-18-2009 08:27 AM

ECS uses a Dynapack chassis dynamometer that bolts directly to the wheel hubs. It costs something like $75,000. ECS will factor in differential gear ratios.

FloydSummerOf68 09-18-2009 08:44 AM

I'll say again...get the car to a track one night and see what kind of mph you can pull in the 1/4 to get a TRUE testiment of your power.

ChopShop1 09-18-2009 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68 (Post 1571536899)
I'll say again...get the car to a track one night and see what kind of mph you can pull in the 1/4 to get a TRUE testiment of your power.

I look forward to it. I did a "test run" last night, on a closed road of course, and the car boogies. Can't wait to get it out there, gotta get the wide body and get rid of the runflats though.

LSCHLEM 09-18-2009 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Wass (Post 1571536765)
ECS uses a Dynapack chassis dynamometer that bolts directly to the wheel hubs. It costs something like $75,000. ECS will factor in differential gear ratios.

OH I may have been wrong about CARTEK having a new DYNO. It may indeed have been ECS that got the new DYNO. We were talking about
the ability to program or input the DIFF ratio used and not have to add it on as a calibration error.

Wass 09-18-2009 09:24 AM

Yes, it came up in a thread I posted last week where Doug (ECS) chimed in and mentioned that he factors in gear ratios. :cheers:

glass slipper 09-18-2009 09:56 AM

PowerLabs wasn't trying to be a know it all although he can be a wise azz at times like the rest of us. However, what he said is correct and he was just trying to show you how the Mustang dyno isn't the most accurate as you had claimed. It's a common misconception about the Mustang dyno because the operator inputs the weight and aero characteristics of the car and it's claimed to make it more accurate. However, they are just fudge factors that soon become tools for manipulating numbers...think about it, the car is sitting stationary on the dyno rollers, what does the weight and aero of the car have to do with the engine producing HP? Absolutely nothing! And that was the point PowerLabs was trying to make. Without a baseline run before your mods, these numbers are really useless as far as most members here are concerned. A chassis dyno is a tool to tune an engine and track HP improvements from mods and nothing else. Don't forget that HP is one of the least understood entities in the universe...just ask AirBusPilot.:lol:

It's hard for "tone of voice" to carry over the internet but you really shouldn't get all worked up about this discussion as it's just a number that really doesn't mean anything. I've noticed many posts where you've enthusiastically claimed how happy you are with your mods and for me, that's the only thing that matters. The fact that you've made a lot of good "friends" on the forum is just icing on the cake. Enjoy your new found HP!:cheers:

PowerLabs 09-18-2009 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by glass slipper (Post 1571537589)
PowerLabs wasn't trying to be a know it all although he can be a wise azz at times like the rest of us. However, what he said is correct and he was just trying to show you how the Mustang dyno isn't the most accurate as you had claimed. It's a common misconception about the Mustang dyno because the operator inputs the weight and aero characteristics of the car and it's claimed to make it more accurate. However, they are just fudge factors that soon become tools for manipulating numbers...think about it, the car is sitting stationary on the dyno rollers, what does the weight and aero of the car have to do with the engine producing HP? Absolutely nothing! And that was the point PowerLabs was trying to make. Without a baseline run before your mods, these numbers are really useless as far as most members here are concerned. A chassis dyno is a tool to tune an engine and track HP improvements from mods and nothing else. Don't forget that HP is one of the least understood entities in the universe...just ask AirBusPilot.:lol:

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

I've been in a terrible mood since a stupid pothole in Manhattan sent my Corvette to the shop nearly 3 weeks ago and its still not done :(

ChopShop1 09-18-2009 11:30 AM

First off, sorry to hear about your car powerlabs, that sucks. I get what you guys ar saying, just stating my side also. We are all going to think the way that we want and thats all there is to it.

HP is almost always misunderstood. Most people don't get that torque(usable torque) is what gets you into a position to be able to even use HP. My concern is with a good curve and usable power. I have that and am happy. Many people here however are interested in the numbers, and that is why I posted the sheet. A number of people asked to see it, so I obliged.

So much in the performance game is relative. You could have a car capable of 9's and min of only 11's. If the driver of the 9sec car doesn't have good rubber or abilities, does that mean that the HP of the fastr car is useless, No, it just means that it is in the wrong hands and being used incorrectly.

I thank you both for contributing to the thread, you ar knowledgable and bring usefull info with you. :thumbs:

AirBusPilot 09-18-2009 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by glass slipper
Don't forget that HP is one of the least understood entities in the universe...just ask AirBusPilot.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...milies/lol.gif

Yeah, though I'd just clarify that it's only misunderstood by you to such a degree. Now, quit your crying and move on. lol "glass slippper", lol, if only we knew the story behind that name. lol

ChopShop1 09-18-2009 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by AirBusPilot (Post 1571538967)
Yeah, though I'd just clarify that it's only misunderstood by you to such a degree. Now, quit your crying and move on. lol "glass slippper", lol, if only we knew the story behind that name. lol

:rofl:

LSCHLEM 09-18-2009 02:00 PM

Chopshop is on his way.

The numbers you have now must be your base or starting numbers and we all agree you are happy with the performance of the car. If there was one single thing that you can do is add a PORTED FAST from Jeremy Formato
or SPINMONSTER. I dont know anybody that did not get 20 HP or TQ out
of a PORTED FAST. In your case looking at your dyno curve the car seems to be begging for a PORTED FAST or even a PORTED OEM. The low
and midrange torque will increase dramatically and may be more in line with your HP number. Your peak horsepower may not increase as much as the TORQUE. If I had to MOD all over again in hinesight or rather pick one single item that gave me the most it would be in this order and keeping in mind a tune is required each time a item was added.
1. PORTED FAST gave me the most.
2. LGLT's gave me a lot
3. PORTED TB gave me a little but affected driveability the most.

4.10 gears did not add anything to engine HP or TQ but the way the car ran it felt like it picked up about 50 hp.
Just my take as you have much to think about as you plan future mods.
good luck Leon

ChopShop1 09-18-2009 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by LSCHLEM (Post 1571540509)
The numbers you have now must be your base or starting numbers and we all agree you are happy with the performance of the car. If there was one single thing that you can do is add a PORTED FAST from Jeremy Formato
or SPINMONSTER. I dont know anybody that did not get 20 HP or TQ out
of a PORTED FAST. In your case looking at your dyno curve the car seems to be begging for a PORTED FAST or even a PORTED OEM. The low
and midrange torque will increase dramatically and may be more in line with your HP number. Your peak horsepower may not increase as much as the TORQUE. If I had to MOD all over again in hinesight or rather pick one single item that gave me the most it would be in this order and keeping in mind a tune is required each time a item was added.
1. PORTED FAST gave me the most.
2. LGLT's gave me a lot
3. PORTED TB gave me a little but affected driveability the most.

4.10 gears did not add anything to engine HP or TQ but the way the car ran it felt like it picked up about 50 hp.
Just my take as you have much to think about as you plan future mods.
good luck Leon

That sounds about right. I am talking with my tuner now and have some thoughts. A ported fast, and a good mild cam that will work now and later with the addition of the blower seems to be the direction. I am anticipating that the fast will beef the hell out of the torque and the cam will help with some more power. Possible talk of adding a pulley while the cam is being done.

Boomer111 09-18-2009 03:53 PM

Rick at Synergy ( used to be ƒorum sponsor ) uses a Dynapack Chassie dyno also.

TurrizT 09-19-2009 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by PowerLabs (Post 1571531802)
From one enthusiast to another: Nonsense,
This is a Mustang Dyno:
For more information, I encourage anyone excited about dyno racing to pick up a copy of:

http://www.motobooks.co.nz/CMS/compo...edb9aa06b3.jpg

16 dollars very well spent... You'll even learn HOW you can play with your car and the dyno to get even more "record breaking" numbers :lol:

hahaha right! What really matters is if owner is happy with the car or for all the haters, a simple meeting at the track... They can argue about the calibration of the quarter mile equipment when a member runs a faster time than normal... :crazy:

ChopShop1 09-19-2009 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by TurrizT (Post 1571547620)
hahaha right! What really matters is if owner is happy with the car or for all the haters, a simple meeting at the track... They can argue about the calibration of the quarter mile equipment when a member runs a faster time than normal... :crazy:

:iagree:

LSCHLEM 09-19-2009 08:43 AM

A gruge race

Originally Posted by TurrizT (Post 1571547620)

Are you suggesting that there be a gruge race at the track between
CHOPSHOP and POWERLABS. Well his car is in the garage for repair. When
he gets out he may or may not agree. If he does it may go like this

POWERLAPS : Approx 600 rwhp Supercharged
CHOPSHOP : Approx 400 rwhp Bolton

HANDICAP + 2 SEC start for CHOPSHOP
APPROX :yesnod:QUARTER MILE SPEEDS
CHOPSHOP 121MPH
POWERLABS 136MPH

Would be an interesting race if both cars had a little seat time and similar traction capabilities and reaction time. Thats the way it was done in the old days with the slower cat in this case getting a 4 light
spot before the faster car starts moving.
Somewhere in PA please so I could attend.

ChopShop1 09-19-2009 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by LSCHLEM (Post 1571548508)

CHOPSHOP 121MPH
POWERLABS 136MPH

Would be an interesting race if both cars had a little seat time and similar traction capabilities and reaction time. Thats the way it was done in the old days with the slower cat in this case getting a 4 light

I was talking more along the lines of racing some guys from the forum with similar mods that are claiming less power. If in fact one of those cars beats me, then we know one of two things, I suck as a driver(not likely:D) or that my numbers on the dyno don't meen much and I have the same kind of power as everyone else with similar mods. It doesn't much matter to me, but it would be fun and getting a solid 1/4 time that would also show my car has good power relative to the mods would be fun. I have never run at a track around here, but if thre are events and anyon is going, fill me in

TurrizT 09-19-2009 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by LSCHLEM (Post 1571548508)

CHOPSHOP 121MPH
POWERLABS 136MPH

Actually I was generalizing. Hopefully that guy doesnt consider himself a hater... :)

glass slipper 09-19-2009 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by AirBusPilot (Post 1571538967)

Actually, it was you that was the only one that didn't get it in the other thread. Everybody else did with several thanking me in the thread. A few PMed me to thank me for a good explanation...you don't want to know what they had to say about you. Me crying??? As I remember it, you were the one calling me names and I left it at that.:yesnod:

I'll be happy to tell you the story behind my screen name although I know you're just being immature and mean spirited by trying to imply something about my sexuality. I have a daughter who was born in '87 and when she was about 4, I bought a 34' Scarab named "Need For Speed".
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...r/42431aeb.jpg

She has always been very intelligent and we were having a discussion about the boat and my '71 'Vette when I told her they were both fiberglass but the car had wheels to roll on. Of course her being curious, she asked how the boat moved on the water and I told her the bottom was slick so it could slip through the water. As she made the connection and sounded out the boat fiberglass "slipping" through the water, Cinderella was her favorite movie at the time and she made the jump to glass slipper because she knew the Scarab was my "dream" boat that fit me perfectly like Cinderella's glass slipper fit her and it was a fairy tale come true. Not long after that, a tradegy struck my daughter that turned her little world upside down. She was scared and endured a lot of pain and suffering that I had no power over. All I could do was try to be strong for her and give her comfort and what little happiness I could. It was the hardest thing I had to do and I always tried to hold my tears for when she wasn't around so I could wipe hers away. However, I found my strength had limits...there was one particularly bad time her tears were just too devastating for me and I cried with her, I thank God we were in church where others were able to give us the comfort we needed. I still have the "Footsteps in the Sand" prayer on my stove to remind me we can't be strong all of the time and it's ok to ask for help.

One of the things I did was rename the boat "Glass Slipper" just for her. She loved the boat the few times she was able to go on it and the name change was a simple thing to do but it always lifted her spirits to see it.
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...uary202006.jpg

Fast forward to 2002 and we finally got an opportunity for a miracle. I put all the money I had towards it and it was a hard year for both of us, but in 2003 she got her "miracle". We have a very strong bond that was formed over the years as I admired her for a toughness I don't think I could have mustered and she'll always remember I was there for her giving her hope. I will always have the boat and it'll always be named "Glass Slipper" in honor of her and that dreams/"fairy tales" can come true. I took "Glass Slipper" as my screen name so I'll always remember dreams can come true, to never give up, and the love between a father-daughter.

While we'll always remember the past and what it took to get here today, I prefer to live today and look forward to many more happy days. This is her today.
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...icture_014.jpg

We both autocross my ZR-1 in the picture above and she has a '99 Corvette. She's no slouch on the track as she beats most of the guys in the club and has set overall FTD for the women in our stock car. She has a great attitude, a great personality, and is the nicest person you'd ever want to meet. She's just a good kid but I'm her father so I'm suppose to say that. She's in college, has a job, and a nice boyfriend...life is indeed good.

This is truly a happy ending to what was a sad story. I hope you got what you were looking for and wish you the best.:cheers:

To ChopShop1:
Sorry for hijacking your thread to answer AirBusPilot. Like I said, forget about what the numbers are because as long as you're happy, that's all that matters. Go to the race track and race to your hearts content against as many people as you can find but most importantly...just enjoy life.:thumbs:

ChopShop1 09-19-2009 07:00 PM

Hey Glass Sliper...That is truely touching, I have a seven year old daughter and am sure It was the toughest time of your life. I am very glad for you that things got better, you are blessed in that. Thanks for your kind words.:thumbs:

FloydSummerOf68 09-21-2009 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by ChopShop1 (Post 1571549072)
I was talking more along the lines of racing some guys from the forum with similar mods that are claiming less power. If in fact one of those cars beats me, then we know one of two things, I suck as a driver(not likely:D) or that my numbers on the dyno don't meen much and I have the same kind of power as everyone else with similar mods. It doesn't much matter to me, but it would be fun and getting a solid 1/4 time that would also show my car has good power relative to the mods would be fun. I have never run at a track around here, but if thre are events and anyon is going, fill me in

I'd be happy to meet up with you if you were in my area, but you can use my times as comparison if you want.

This weekend my car went 117.80, 117.80, 117.89 and 117.99 mph in the 1/4 at 12.16-12.21

Same mods as you minus the ported throttle body and I put down 367rwhp. You should trap easily over 120 and be well into the 11s making 40 more at the wheels in similar conditions :thumbs:

Density Altitude was +1700...for comparison

FloydSummerOf68 09-21-2009 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by ChopShop1 (Post 1571540714)
That sounds about right. I am talking with my tuner now and have some thoughts. A ported fast, and a good mild cam that will work now and later with the addition of the blower seems to be the direction. I am anticipating that the fast will beef the hell out of the torque and the cam will help with some more power. Possible talk of adding a pulley while the cam is being done.

No reason not to add an UD pulley when doing the cam swap. You're already there and it's an easy ~7rwhp to swap it.

Definitely do it.

PowerLabs 09-21-2009 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68 (Post 1571565916)
No reason not to add an UD pulley when doing the cam swap. You're already there and it's an easy ~7rwhp to swap it.

Definitely do it.

One good reason: he said he wants a blower; the UD pulley would have to be removed then. A smarter thing to do would be getting a blower friendly cam and pin the crank while installing it.

Great story, Glass_Slipper, very touching. Your daughter turned out a beautiful lady.

FloydSummerOf68 09-21-2009 08:29 AM

Yeah I missed the part about the Blower...only read adding FAST and cam.

That's what happens when I skim :D