CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-forced-induction-nitrous-123/)
-   -   Display boost, air/fuel ratio, or any 0-5 volt signal on the HUD or DIC! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-forced-induction-nitrous/2884113-display-boost-air-fuel-ratio-or-any-0-5-volt-signal-on-the-hud-or-dic.html)

DashTronix 07-31-2011 03:01 AM

Display boost, air/fuel ratio, or any 0-5 volt signal on the HUD or DIC!

Introducing the DashTronix Gauge Projector

You can now display boost, air / fuel ratio, fuel pressure, or any other 0-5 volt signal in your 2005-Up Corvette HUD or DIC!

The DashTronix Gauge Projector™ is an exciting and revolutionary automotive grade product that places information from two 0-5 volt sources onto your DIC and/or HUD in “Street Mode”.

You can now display boost, air / fuel ratio, fuel pressure, or any other 0-5 volt signal in your 2005-Up Corvette HUD or DIC!

The Gauge Projector™ accepts two 0-5 volt input signals via spade-lug terminals on the unit. Just wire your 0-5 volt signals into the GP™ and then program it with your ranges.

The user programs the ranges the voltages correspond to and the lower-bounds which must be exceeded for the Gauge Projector™ to display the gauge.

The HUD displays a meter with a user-programmable range for each gauge. Each gauge has a 3-character label which is fully user-programmable.

Programming of all parameters via DIC-based menus takes approximately 180 seconds by placing the vehicle in Accessory mode and using only the unlock or lock button. Output location (DIC and/or HUD) is selectable when the vehicle is running by using the lock button.

Gauge Projector™ description:
  • The Gauge Projector™ (GP™) uses the navigation functionality of the HUD and/or DIC, regardless of whether you have a navigation unit, to provide the driver graphical representation and numerical values of two externally provided inputs such as a boost gauge or AFR gauge.
  • Input voltage to the two inputs must be between 0-5 V. DO NOT PROVIDE INPUT VOLTAGES OUTSIDE THIS RANGE. YOU CAN DESTORY THE GP™.
  • The GP™ is programmed in Accessory mode via DIC-based user menus to calibrate the GP™ to the voltage boundaries (e.g., 0 V=-15 PSI and 5 V=15 PSI), the trip/trigger boundaries and also the calibration of the HUD meter (e.g., what values will cause zero-to-full deflection).
  • When the trip/trigger boundary is exceeded for either gauge, the GP™ will begin displaying both gauges. When both inputs are below their respective trip/trigger boundaries, the GP™ ceases displaying the gauges.
  • You can review the currently programmed parameters when the car is in Accessory mode by turning on the interior lights then turning them off within the next two seconds (by pushing the knob that controls the brightness of the interior lights). The DIC will review each parameter for two seconds until all parameters have been displayed.

Display characteristics:

HUD:
  • Like the navigation system, the GP™ can only display information in the HUD when the HUD is in “Street Mode.
  • Information from the GP™ will always override information from your audio system and the “CHECK GAGES” message. Messages will return when the Gauge Projector™ is not displaying
  • When you are running a factory navigation unit simultaneously with the GP™, that unit is also updating the HUD with its own information.
  • The navigation unit will briefly override information from the GP™, until the GP™ next updates or refreshes the HUD. This time can be anywhere on the order to milliseconds to indefinite.

DIC:

Information from the GP™ will usually override other information displayed on your DIC. This includes warning messages. Some DIC messages can override GP™ information.
Your GP™ defaults to the following parameters when first plugged in. After you reprogram the GP™, your chosen values will remain saved until the GP™ is unplugged.

Input 1
  • Label: “AFR”
  • Upper (5 V) boundary: 20
  • Lower (0 V) boundary: 10
  • Trip/Trigger: 10
  • Full meter deflection: 20
  • Zero meter deflection: 10

Input 2
  • Label: “BST”
  • Upper (5 V) boundary: 15
  • Lower (0 V) boundary: -15
  • Trip/Trigger: 0
  • Full meter deflection: 15
  • Zero meter deflection: 0

Included in your Gauge Projector™ kit:

The GP™ unit.
An OBD-II cable.

You can purchase your C6 Gauge Projector™ easily on the Buy Now! page at www.DashTronix.com

http://dashtronix.com/images/dashtro...done_clear.png

The DashTronix Gauge Projector is 100% designed and built in the USA.
http://dashtronix.com/images/iconmadeinusa.gif

NICK YOSKIN 07-31-2011 09:29 AM

Very nice.....product that is much overdue. Thanks for bring to marketplace.

realcanuk 07-31-2011 11:09 AM

Great product. I will be looking into this as I dont like the look of pod gauges !!

lsbrodsky 07-31-2011 11:16 AM

That is wonderful! Now I need to figure out if my TVS 2300 has a boost sensor that is not hooked up to anything.
Larry

Z06ReCruiT 07-31-2011 12:29 PM

Perfect! Was looking for a boost gauge also. How hard is it to install or is it plug and play.

bullitt4110 07-31-2011 05:00 PM

Anything for the C5's in the future?

White_Lightning 07-31-2011 05:32 PM

I like it. but as an owner of the V1 hud/DIC.. i wouldnt give up my v1 hud:)

DashTronix 07-31-2011 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Z06ReCruiT (Post 1578280760)
Perfect! Was looking for a boost gauge also. How hard is it to install or is it plug and play.

The install is pretty straight forward.

You plug the GP unit into the obd-II port under the dash. And then wire your 0-5 volt output signals from your wideband and map/boost sensor into the GP unit using the spade lug terminal on the GP.

Then you program the ranges to be displayed.

the install instructions are available at the website. www.dashtronix.com

Team DashTronix

DashTronix 07-31-2011 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by lsbrodsky (Post 1578280163)
That is wonderful! Now I need to figure out if my TVS 2300 has a boost sensor that is not hooked up to anything.
Larry

Do you have a 2 bar or 1.5 bar Map sensor?

Team DashTronix

DashTronix 07-31-2011 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by realcanuk (Post 1578280107)
Great product. I will be looking into this as I dont like the look of pod gauges !!

Thanks for the compliment! We'll be ready when you need one.

Team DashTronix

DashTronix 07-31-2011 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by NICK YOSKIN (Post 1578279372)
Very nice.....product that is much overdue. Thanks for bring to marketplace.

Nick,

Thanks for the compliment! We think the GP will be a great unit for those that want to display info on the HUD or DIC and dont want the pillar pod style gauges.

Team DashTronix

DashTronix 07-31-2011 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by bullitt4110 (Post 1578282645)
Anything for the C5's in the future?

DashTronix R&D is exploring all avenues for expanded functionality and
developing more revolutionary products. We're always excited to
announce new products and are looking forward to soon
sharing with the Corvette community what we're working on!

Team DashTronix

lsbrodsky 08-01-2011 06:57 AM

Do not know about my MAP sensor. I have emailed LPE to ask them about a boost sensor. Can I answer your question by looking under the hood?
Larry

lsbrodsky 08-01-2011 07:10 AM

Dashtronix guys,

I just looked at the documentation and the TVS package reuses the stock MAP sensor, so I guess it is 1.5 bar. How can this be used?
Also, since I am addicted to my V1 display on the HUD, can the projector be used t'd into it and which would have priority?

Larry

5 Liter Eater 08-01-2011 09:39 AM

Thats pretty damn neat. :cheers:

Only suggestion, unless I missed it, is an alert feature. So say boost >3# and AFR >12 (user configurable) could trigger an audible and visual alert.

tjwong 08-01-2011 10:35 AM

Can you get the GP with the 0-5v inputs plus the Valentine one interface? If so I am sold, I have all of the above :thumbs:

j_digi454 08-01-2011 02:02 PM

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't quite understand why you would need 0-5vdc inputs for the variables yoiu want to monitor in the HUD as all this info is available as well as much more via the OBDII port.

If you're plugging into OBDII port, then you should be able to access this data the same as AeroForce Gauge does without additional sensors or wiring.

For your reference, here is their link:

http://www.aeroforcetech.com/products_interceptor.html

Correct me if I'm wrong on my assumption.

Edit: Doing a little more research, it looks like fuel pressure is not reported on the OBDII port so a sensor would be needed. Boost/Vacuum as well as AFR is reported as well as a host of other variables as outlined in the above link.

lsbrodsky 08-01-2011 02:09 PM

Above, Dashtronix says their projector uses the spade lug terminals. The implication is that it does not grab the ODB data. I guess they need to answer that.
Larry

excessive81 08-01-2011 02:43 PM

blend this with the the v1 interface and i be sold!!!! I will take v1 date in hud and boost and afr in dic!!!:D

eric04 08-01-2011 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by DashTronix (Post 1578278453)
Introducing the DashTronix Gauge Projector

The DashTronix Gauge Projector™ is an exciting and revolutionary automotive grade product that places information from two 0-5 volt sources onto your DIC and/or HUD in “Street Mode”.

The Gauge Projector™ accepts two 0-5 volt input signals via spade-lug terminals on the unit. Just wire your 0-5 volt signals into the GP™ and then program it with your ranges.

The user programs the ranges the voltages correspond to and the lower-bounds which must be exceeded for the Gauge Projector™ to display the gauge.

The HUD displays a meter with a user-programmable range for each gauge. Each gauge has a 3-character label which is fully user-programmable.

Programming of all parameters via DIC-based menus takes approximately 180 seconds by placing the vehicle in Accessory mode and using only the unlock or lock button. Output location (DIC and/or HUD) is selectable when the vehicle is running by using the lock button.

Gauge Projector™ description:
  • The Gauge Projector™ (GP™) uses the navigation functionality of the HUD and/or DIC, regardless of whether you have a navigation unit, to provide the driver graphical representation and numerical values of two externally provided inputs such as a boost gauge or AFR gauge.
  • Input voltage to the two inputs must be between 0-5 V. DO NOT PROVIDE INPUT VOLTAGES OUTSIDE THIS RANGE. YOU CAN DESTORY THE GP™.
  • The GP™ is programmed in Accessory mode via DIC-based user menus to calibrate the GP™ to the voltage boundaries (e.g., 0 V=-15 PSI and 5 V=15 PSI), the trip/trigger boundaries and also the calibration of the HUD meter (e.g., what values will cause zero-to-full deflection).
  • When the trip/trigger boundary is exceeded for either gauge, the GP™ will begin displaying both gauges. When both inputs are below their respective trip/trigger boundaries, the GP™ ceases displaying the gauges.
  • You can review the currently programmed parameters when the car is in Accessory mode by turning on the interior lights then turning them off within the next two seconds (by pushing the knob that controls the brightness of the interior lights). The DIC will review each parameter for two seconds until all parameters have been displayed.

Display characteristics:

HUD:
  • Like the navigation system, the GP™ can only display information in the HUD when the HUD is in “Street Mode.
  • Information from the GP™ will always override information from your audio system and the “CHECK GAGES” message. Messages will return when the Gauge Projector™ is not displaying
  • When you are running a factory navigation unit simultaneously with the GP™, that unit is also updating the HUD with its own information.
  • The navigation unit will briefly override information from the GP™, until the GP™ next updates or refreshes the HUD. This time can be anywhere on the order to milliseconds to indefinite.

DIC:

Information from the GP™ will usually override other information displayed on your DIC. This includes warning messages. Some DIC messages can override GP™ information.
Your GP™ defaults to the following parameters when first plugged in. After you reprogram the GP™, your chosen values will remain saved until the GP™ is unplugged.

Input 1
  • Label: “AFR”
  • Upper (5 V) boundary: 20
  • Lower (0 V) boundary: 10
  • Trip/Trigger: 10
  • Full meter deflection: 20
  • Zero meter deflection: 10

Input 2
  • Label: “BST”
  • Upper (5 V) boundary: 15
  • Lower (0 V) boundary: -15
  • Trip/Trigger: 0
  • Full meter deflection: 15
  • Zero meter deflection: 0

Included in your Gauge Projector™ kit:

The GP™ unit.
An OBD-II cable.

You can purchase your C6 Gauge Projector™ easily on the Buy Now! page at www.DashTronix.com

http://dashtronix.com/images/dashtro...done_clear.png

The DashTronix Gauge Projector is 100% designed and built in the USA.
http://dashtronix.com/images/iconmadeinusa.gif

:lurk:

DashTronix 08-01-2011 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by j_digi454 (Post 1578289894)
Unless I'm mistaken, I don't quite understand why you would need 0-5vdc inputs for the variables yoiu want to monitor in the HUD as all this info is available as well as much more via the OBDII port.

If you're plugging into OBDII port, then you should be able to access this data the same as AeroForce Gauge does without additional sensors or wiring.

For your reference, here is their link:

http://www.aeroforcetech.com/products_interceptor.html

Correct me if I'm wrong on my assumption.

Edit: Doing a little more research, it looks like fuel pressure is not reported on the OBDII port so a sensor would be needed. Boost/Vacuum as well as AFR is reported as well as a host of other variables as outlined in the above link.

Thanks for the question.

We designed the GP for maximal versatility to integrate with the voltage outputs of many wide- and narrowband sensors. Any two signals that do not exceed 5 volts can be named and defined for display once connected to the GP. Boost and AFR are only two examples. You can monitor other wide- or narrowband sensors too, for example exhaust gas and general fluid temperatures.

Team DashTronix

DashTronix 08-01-2011 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by excessive81 (Post 1578290244)
blend this with the the v1 interface and i be sold!!!! I will take v1 date in hud and boost and afr in dic!!!:D

The Radar Projector and the Gauge Projector are two separate units.

They do work together.

You can have the Radar Projector have the V1 displayed in one location either HUD or DIC and then have the Gauge Projector display other location HUD or DIC.

Team DashTronix

DashTronix 08-01-2011 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by lsbrodsky (Post 1578289933)
Above, Dashtronix says their projector uses the spade lug terminals. The implication is that it does not grab the ODB data. I guess they need to answer that.
Larry

Correct.

The Gauge Projector is a unit that allows you to take any linear 0-5 volt external signals and then define and display them in the HUD and DIC.

The install instructions are available at www.dashtronix.com, it has all the info on how to hook up, program and use the Gauge Projector.

Team DashTronix

DashTronix 08-01-2011 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by tjwong (Post 1578288304)
Can you get the GP with the 0-5v inputs plus the Valentine one interface? If so I am sold, I have all of the above :thumbs:

They do work together.

You can have the Radar Projector have the V1 displayed in one location either HUD or DIC and then have the Gauge Projector display other location HUD or DIC.

Team DashTronix

DashTronix 08-01-2011 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by lsbrodsky (Post 1578287086)
Dashtronix guys,

I just looked at the documentation and the TVS package reuses the stock MAP sensor, so I guess it is 1.5 bar. How can this be used?
Also, since I am addicted to my V1 display on the HUD, can the projector be used t'd into it and which would have priority?

Larry

Hi Larry.

What is your current boost level? The 1.5 bar MAP is good up to 7 psi.

The GP is able to work alongside the RP. You'll need the OBD-II splitter cable
to be able to connect the both at the same time.

Team DashTronix

lsbrodsky 08-02-2011 04:41 AM

This is not entirely clear. I would have to run a wire from the MAP sensor to the spade lug on the projector? Would it be possible to have both read in the HUD such that the boost is normally there, but the radar or NAV data would override when it comes in?
Larry

DashTronix 08-02-2011 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by lsbrodsky (Post 1578295882)
This is not entirely clear. I would have to run a wire from the MAP sensor to the spade lug on the projector?
Larry

Yes, you need to run a wire carrying a 0-5 volt signal from your MAP sensor or other boost sensor to the GP unit and attach it at the spade lug terminal on the GP unit in order to display boost.

Originally Posted by lsbrodsky (Post 1578295882)
Would it be possible to have both read in the HUD such that the boost is normally there, but the radar or NAV data would override when it comes in?
Larry

You could have both units display on the HUD. It would operate like it does when you have Nav Data and RP radar signal at the same time. They will interleave with each other and alternate between the two readouts.

We find it best to display one unit in the DIC and one unit in the HUD in order to view both data sets at the same time.

Its up to your personal preference though.

Team DashTronix

tjwong 08-02-2011 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by DashTronix (Post 1578293230)

They do work together.

Team DashTronix

So I need to purchase two units, correct?

DashTronix 08-03-2011 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by tjwong (Post 1578297486)
So I need to purchase two units, correct?

Correct. You would need a Radar Projector, a Gauge Projector, and an OBD-II splitter cable.

Team DashTronix

Res1cue 08-03-2011 07:45 AM

What is the response time and refresh rate for Boost/AFR readouts? Do you have a video of a boosted car that will give a sense of the two?

carlrx7 08-03-2011 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Res1cue (Post 1578306054)
What is the response time and refresh rate for Boost/AFR readouts? Do you have a video of a boosted car that will give a sense of the two?

x2 i was just going to ask the refresh rate and out fast it samples data, boost comes on quick and afr can go lean real fast!

ZO6er 08-03-2011 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by carlrx7 (Post 1578306113)
x2 i was just going to ask the refresh rate and out fast it samples data, boost comes on quick and afr can go lean real fast!

this

lsbrodsky 08-04-2011 01:47 PM

If you change the design of the Projector so that it can grab data from the OBDII, that it is plugged into, count me in. But I don't want to go to the trouble of splicing a wire to my MAP sensor and then running the wire from there into the cockpit to the projector. Thanks...it is a great concept.
Larry

realcanuk 08-04-2011 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by lsbrodsky (Post 1578319172)
If you change the design of the Projector so that it can grab data from the OBDII, that it is plugged into, count me in. But I don't want to go to the trouble of splicing a wire to my MAP sensor and then running the wire from there into the cockpit to the projector. Thanks...it is a great concept.
Larry

:iagree:
Agree completely. Will go another route because of this.

j_digi454 08-04-2011 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by j_digi454 (Post 1578289894)

Originally Posted by realcanuk (Post 1578319191)
:iagree:
Agree completely. Will go another route because of this.

Exactly my point in my Post #17. The info is already available at the OBDII port (except Fuel Pressure).

carnutsx2 08-04-2011 07:13 PM

OK , I like the idea so far but how about a all in one unit that will display directions for nav. from an aftermarket deck. Hey I know it may be a dream but I've got to ask!
Thanks

DashTronix 08-06-2011 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by Res1cue (Post 1578306054)

The Gauge Projector is reading the 0-5 volt inputs 16 times a second.

It is able to refresh to the HUD or DIC as fast as 60 milliseconds.

Team DashTronix

DashTronix 08-06-2011 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by j_digi454 (Post 1578319763)
Exactly my point in my Post #17. The info is already available at the OBDII port (except Fuel Pressure).

Thanks for your post.

There is no wideband AFR on the OBD-II port so what you are reading is from the narrow band O2 sensors which have a very narrow range.
The main problem with any narrow-band O2 sensor is that the ECM only detects that the mixture is slightly richer or leaner than 14.7:1. The ECM does not measure the operating air-fuel ratio outside the stoichiometric range.
You cannot use narrow band info for performance tuning or monitoring under boost as your AFR is below the accurate range of the factory narrow band o2 sensor.

The Boost that you can read on the OBD-II port on a stock 1.5 bar MAP car is only up to 7 psi boost. So any cars producing more boost than this will not be able to read it from the OBD-II port.

We designed the GP as a unit that you can input any 0-5 volt signal and define its label and its ranges.

With the GP you can display boost up to any max you want, and display the output from your aftermarket wideband 02 sensor or anything else that uses a 0-5 volt linear signal.

This allows using it to display whatever you want that uses the standard 0-5 volt linear scale.

Team DashTronix

DashTronix 08-06-2011 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by lsbrodsky (Post 1578319172)
Larry

Hi Larry,

See the above post. It answers why the GP was designed the way it was.

Thanks,

Team DashTronix

DashTronix 08-06-2011 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by ZO6er (Post 1578306917)
this

See above post.

Team DashTronix

Res1cue 08-06-2011 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by DashTronix (Post 1578334762)
The Boost that you can read on the OBD-II port on a stock 1.5 bar MAP car is only up to 7 psi boost. So any cars producing more boost than this will not be able to read it from the OBD-II port.
DashTronix

What if you are running the 2 Bar OS?

trapp 08-10-2011 01:33 PM

I ordered my gauge projector a week ago and have not heard if it has been shipped?

trapp 08-10-2011 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by trapp (Post 1578374145)
I ordered my gauge projector a week ago and have not heard if it has been shipped?

Nevermind they called me back and its shipping today!!!

TX :rock:

jthurik 08-10-2011 02:14 PM

How much for this?

trapp 09-25-2011 01:23 AM

Has anyone bought and installed this unit? The calabration is a bitch.... Anyone successfully installed it with accurate readings for afr and boost?

Ls240sx 12-13-2011 11:02 AM

bringing this back from the dead... anyone using this yet? Looking for a way to not have gauges all over the place

DashTronix 12-13-2011 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Ls240sx (Post 1579459759)
bringing this back from the dead... anyone using this yet? Looking for a way to not have gauges all over the place

We have sold quite a few of these over the past couple weeks.

Several shops have called in recently to verify their calibration settings with us and get their units up.

We hope to have some more user feedback coming from these installs in the next few weeks.

We also now include a stand alone map sensor for reading boost and vacuum to make installation easier.

Team DashTronix

DashTronix 12-13-2011 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by trapp (Post 1578790947)
Has anyone bought and installed this unit? The calabration is a bitch.... Anyone successfully installed it with accurate readings for afr and boost?

The calibration is not very difficult if you have the 0-5 volt output scale from the device you are using.

If you are having difficulty figuring out your correct values to use you can always send us an email or give us a call and we will compute the correct values to use for you.

Team DashTronix

Ls240sx 12-13-2011 11:36 AM

I am more interested to see the refresh rate than anything

DashTronix 12-13-2011 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Ls240sx (Post 1579460082)
I am more interested to see the refresh rate than anything

The HUD and DIC refresh every 100 to 400 milliseconds.

The animated picture in the ad does not represent the refresh rate, it is a series of still pictures to illustrate what the display looks like.

Team DashTronix

Ls240sx 12-13-2011 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by DashTronix (Post 1579460120)
The HUD and DIC refresh every 100 to 400 milliseconds.

The animated picture in the ad does not represent the refresh rate, it is a series of still pictures to illustrate what the display looks like.

Team DashTronix

Ill believe it when I see it :lol::thumbs:

DashTronix 12-13-2011 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Ls240sx (Post 1579460138)
Ill believe it when I see it :lol::thumbs:

We will get you some Gauge Projector video.

Have you seen our other videos of the Radar Projector and the Progressive Shift?

The RP, GP and PS all have the same refresh rates and it is based on the cars HUD and DIC hardware not the DashTronix hardware.

The DashTronix GP samples at a rate of 16Hz or 16 times a second.

The HUD and DIC can refresh as fast as 100 milliseconds to 400 milliseconds deepening on traffic on the cars data bus.

The videos of the other devices can give you some indication of how fast the the HUD and DIC can refresh.

Team DashTronix

Ls240sx 01-14-2012 09:02 PM

any updates on the video? looking to purchase asap

DashTronix 12-26-2012 11:22 AM

Check out the DashTronix Gauge Projector!

DashTronix 01-11-2013 06:40 PM

Thanks you to everyone who has purchased a DashTronix product.

Be sure to let us know how you like them!

Team DashTronix

Polar Jet 01-17-2013 10:23 AM

Just placed a supercharger order today and the installer and I are going to give the Gauge Projector a shot. I like the stealthiness of the device over a gauge pod that could attract unwanted attention.

zr1debt 01-17-2013 03:36 PM

Also put in an order for an A&A SC, going to try this out as I don't want any gauges.

Hopefully my shop is up for the task :cheers:

DashTronix 01-18-2013 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Alfreds Z06 (Post 1582865677)
Also put in an order for an A&A SC, going to try this out as I don't want any gauges.

Hopefully my shop is up for the task :cheers:

Any shop that has worked on C6 cars before will have no issue installing the Gauge Projector.

Thanks,

Team DashTronix

DashTronix 01-18-2013 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Polar Jet (Post 1582862487)
Just placed a supercharger order today and the installer and I are going to give the Gauge Projector a shot. I like the stealthiness of the device over a gauge pod that could attract unwanted attention.

Thank you for your purchase!

We will be looking forward to hearing how you like having you info displayed on your DIC and HUD.

Team DashTronix

Drewstein 01-18-2013 06:43 PM

Ordered the shift light system, hope it's good because my car raps out hella fast.

I would like the shift light integrated with the AFR display but I didn't see that option. Also, I ordered a while ago and it took a week to setup shipping. A little long of a wait IMO.

Dasilvamotorsports 01-18-2013 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by DashTronix (Post 1582877394)
Thank you for your purchase!

We will be looking forward to hearing how you like having you info displayed on your DIC and HUD.

Team DashTronix

We will let you know how it all works :canadaflag:

Polarjets car will be in our shop next week :thumbs:

DashTronix 01-18-2013 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Drewstein (Post 1582878262)
Ordered the shift light system, hope it's good because my car raps out hella fast.

I would like the shift light integrated with the AFR display but I didn't see that option. Also, I ordered a while ago and it took a week to setup shipping. A little long of a wait IMO.

The Progressive Shift and Gauge Projector are not available as a combo unit at this time.

We do get busy from time to time so we apologize for the delay in getting you a shipping notification.

Your unit will be delivered to you address on 1/21/2013.

Team DashTronix

madmax4499 01-18-2013 09:46 PM

will your product display KR knock retard?

DashTronix 01-18-2013 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by madmax4499 (Post 1582879805)
will your product display KR knock retard?

Not at this time.

The Gauge Projector displays the two 0-5 volt input signals onto the DIC and/or HUD.

Team DashTronix

Drewstein 01-20-2013 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by DashTronix (Post 1582879757)
The Progressive Shift and Gauge Projector are not available as a combo unit at this time.

We do get busy from time to time so we apologize for the delay in getting you a shipping notification.

Your unit will be delivered to you address on 1/21/2013.

Team DashTronix

Awesome. Keep us posted when they do become a combo. Eventually I would like a 3 in 1. This way my wideband, V1 and shift light are all together.

DashTronix 01-25-2013 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Drewstein (Post 1582894324)
Awesome. Keep us posted when they do become a combo. Eventually I would like a 3 in 1. This way my wideband, V1 and shift light are all together.

If a combo unit of the Progressive Shift and the Gauge Projector becomes available we will let you know.

Team DashTronix

zwaldo 02-14-2013 01:35 AM

Did a video to show The gauge projector, with the lc-1 wideband and boost gauge that comes with the kit.

The customer service at dashtronix is the best I've ever experience. I'd tell ya all about it...but lets just say I had some self induced hiccups on the install and they helped me out and went well beyond a normal company would to help me finish my project.

The unit only displays when triggered..which is when the car goes lean/ or when you hit like 2 lb of boost.

If you have any questions about the boost gauge...I'll answer any of them honestly...

all in all i'm pretty happy with the product :)

Drewstein 02-15-2013 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by DashTronix (Post 1582941641)
If a combo unit of the Progressive Shift and the Gauge Projector becomes available we will let you know.

Team DashTronix

Got the progressive shift in and it's awesome! The programming was super easy and I was able to adjust it right where I wanted in seconds.

At first I chose build a mountain starting a 2k rpm but that had it taking over my DIC when driving down the highway. I easily changed it to 3100 and I love it.

DashTronix 02-28-2013 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Drewstein (Post 1583130201)
Got the progressive shift in and it's awesome! The programming was super easy and I was able to adjust it right where I wanted in seconds.

At first I chose build a mountain starting a 2k rpm but that had it taking over my DIC when driving down the highway. I easily changed it to 3100 and I love it.

Drew,

Thank you very much for the feedback.

We are happy that you are enjoying your DashTronix Progressive Shift!

Team DashTronix

Drewstein 03-01-2013 11:05 AM

Well when you make 1000rwhp the RPMs fly by so damn fast I couldn't hit the shifts. Having a progressive shift notification and light hitting me in the face solved that problem and made me a much faster driver.

Another tip is to set the shift notification super low at first to easily test out the placement of the light. I put mine in the center vent and it was to far back at first to see it in daylight. With the shift point at 3k I could easily test it without rocketing down the road. It's so easy to change the settings that's it's dumb not to do it.

black.z51.c6 04-27-2013 11:44 PM

so can you display the afr and boost on the dic only and keep the hud in track mode? if it only works in street mode can i display rpms on the hud with the afr and boost?

98c5ls1 04-29-2013 09:40 PM

maybe i missed it, but how much are these things? darn mystery vendors

98c5ls1 04-29-2013 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by 98c5ls1 (Post 1583771905)
maybe i missed it, but how much are these things? darn mystery vendors

found it:willy:

zwaldo 05-06-2013 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by black.z51.c6 (Post 1583755725)
so can you display the afr and boost on the dic only and keep the hud in track mode? if it only works in street mode can i display rpms on the hud with the afr and boost?

It only works on the projector in street mode, you can run it on the dic while in track mode to see your rpms, but won't see your afr or boost on the projector.

It's more for tuning, dyno, and straight line runs. Even with it on the projector, it's hard to pay attention to the road and read the numbers if your doing anything more than going straight or on a dyno.

Outlaw2013 01-10-2014 08:12 PM

Has anyone done this with an IAT reading yet?

I'd love this for AFR & IAT.