CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Are the "Tintcoat" paints a pearl type paint? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2888357-are-the-tintcoat-paints-a-pearl-type-paint.html)

Tide Will Roll! 08-06-2011 04:17 PM

Are the "Tintcoat" paints a pearl type paint?

Were(2009/2010 etc.) the extra cost colors like Velocity Yellow, Atomic Orange, Magnetic Red and Jetstream Blue a "pearl type paint" ?:hide:

Do those colors, change like a pearl in different light conditions?

Just curious:D

Thanks

Bert?

laconiajack 08-06-2011 05:09 PM

I have the premium Crystal Red Metallic Tintcoat (2009) and I wouldn't say it changes color in the light like some paints I've seen, although the reflective "metallic" nature of the paint obviously comes alive in the sun.

Thrill6 08-06-2011 07:10 PM

They are all three-stage paints (base coat, tint coat, clear coat) vs. two-stage (base coat, clear coat). They cost more because it requires more steps and therefore higher manufacturing costs.

Gary '09 C6 08-06-2011 07:15 PM

I think the JSB appears to vary its hue in different lighting conditions...a condition of the metallic flaking in the paint.

I like it...

suspect the other tintcoats behave similarly...

SpryGeezer 08-06-2011 07:17 PM

Velocity Yellow is just yellow, no sparkles.

Gary '09 C6 08-06-2011 07:23 PM

thanks for clarifying...

talon90 08-06-2011 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Thrill6 (Post 1578339910)
They are all three-stage paints (base coat, tint coat, clear coat) vs. two-stage (base coat, clear coat). They cost more because it requires more steps and therefore higher manufacturing costs.

Actually this is incorrect. Every car painted in Bowling Green is painted with a primer, a color coat and a clear coat. The premium tint coat cars use a tinted clear coat to affect a change on the final color as viewed. They cost more because there are only two clear coat robots in the paint shop and in order to paint a tint coat car they need to purge and clean the robots, spray the tintcoat panels and then purge and clean the robots to go back to conventional clar.

Atomic Punk 08-06-2011 07:44 PM

:iagree:

laconiajack 08-06-2011 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by talon90 (Post 1578340053)
Actually this is incorrect. Every car painted in Bowling Green is painted with a primer, a color coat and a clear coat. The premium tint coat cars use a tinted clear coat to affect a change on the final color as viewed. They cost more because there are only two clear coat robots in the paint shop and in order to paint a tint coat car they need to purge and clean the robots, spray the tintcoat panels and then purge and clean the robots to go back to conventional clar.

This man knows what he is talking about. How refreshing!

GotVett? 08-06-2011 11:45 PM

Paul knows and is pretty much the last word. :thumbs:

Russell ZR1 08-07-2011 12:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
mine is the crystal red tint coat, i haven't seen any pearlescent in it, but the metallic part is really cool, the flakes are the part that shoot out a color blast, this color really "pops" in the sun

phileaglesfan 08-07-2011 01:05 AM

These colors are also the hardest to match later on. Atomic Orange is extremely hard especially since they had different shades of it.

My wife's vehicle is an 09 GMC Yukon XL Denali with a White Diamond Tricoat. Looks fantastic but I've already been told I don't want to repaint a single area.

Swiftrider08 08-07-2011 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by talon90 (Post 1578340053)

While I do agree with your definition of the 3-step process, I am not buying that GM is charging more because of the color change sequence that takes place for the tinted clear. As far as I now, Bowling Green does not "batch paint" in the basecoat zone (painting several vehicles of the same color before changing to a new color), so that purge and refill sequence(color change) is going on all day in basecoat. I would think that the simple reason is nothing more than the tinted clear is used less (lower volume/higher cost) and just costs more to produce. :cheers:

b4i4getit 08-07-2011 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Swiftrider08 (Post 1578343136)
While I do agree with your definition of the 3-step process, I am not buying that GM is charging more because of the color change sequence that takes place for the tinted clear. As far as I now, Bowling Green does not "batch paint" in the basecoat zone (painting several vehicles of the same color before changing to a new color), so that purge and refill sequence(color change) is going on all day in basecoat. I would think that the simple reason is nothing more than the tinted clear is used less (lower volume/higher cost) and just costs more to produce. :cheers:

The other reason is profit. GM charges more for these colors on the C6 because they can. People still order them so its easy money for GM. Consider also that the EXACT same colors are available on lesser GM products with no upcharge. If you want it you are going to pay for it. :ack:

m R g S r 08-07-2011 09:58 AM

many car manufacturers tack on $500-1000 charges for "premium" paints....not just GM!

HalfMoon 08-07-2011 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by b4i4getit (Post 1578343660)
Consider also that the EXACT same colors are available on lesser GM products with no upcharge.

Not sure about many other models, but Chevrolet charges $325 for the Crystal Red Metallic on the Cruze, a much cheaper car. Also, the Black Granite on the Cruze is $195 extra.

W/o checking every model, I would bet that if they are upcharging for it on the Cruze where there is very little margin and on the Corvette with a much better margin ratio, they are doing it on all models.

ETA: A quick check of the site shows Chevrolet charges the same price across all models for the tintcoat and black granite finishes. Also, the White Diamond color is $995. Buick also charges the same, with the exception of the White Diamond on the Enclave, its only $795 there. I'd guess that's because it's much smaller than the full sized Avalanche that Chevy paints that color. Seems like they have set a standard for these colors.

talon90 08-07-2011 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Swiftrider08 (Post 1578343136)

Actually, they do in fact batch paint and you can see it anytime you enter the assembly plant (even on a public tour). As trucks are coming from the paint line out on to the final conveyer prior to inspection you will see sleds of the same color as far as the eye can see in groups and then a new group of colors will emerge. You can also see it in evidence on the line as groups of 10 or 11 of the same color in progression on the line.

Of course and I do agree that there is a price difference between the tint coat and conventional clear as well as the lower volume of course comes in to play but it is reflected in the form of a higher upcharge when compared to all of the other models using the same paint ($850 for Crystal Red on the Corvette as compared to $325 on the Camaro, Cruze and HHR for example.

b4i4getit 08-07-2011 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by m R g S r (Post 1578343806)
many car manufacturers tack on $500-1000 charges for "premium" paints....not just GM!

Just because they do does not make it right. The actual cost to the manufacturer is minimal. This is profit making pure and simple. That so many of us get swayed to pay more for a color is interesting. You will find that on resale the extra cost you paid for a certain color does not matter. That money could have been better spent on options that may increase value and satisfaction for the car.

HalfMoon 08-07-2011 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by b4i4getit (Post 1578344376)
Just because they do does not make it right. The actual cost to the manufacturer is minimal. This is profit making pure and simple. That so many of us get swayed to pay more for a color is interesting. :ack:

Are you sure? That's hard to backup unless you're an insider and know the impact on the process. Those colors may require additional inspection and add to the procedures that are normally used. Also, they may have a higher percentage of failure/issues, or just plain material cost. It could be any number of things, including knowing that some people will just pay for it, so why not? This is still a free market and the market sets the price.

Without being able to see the actual BOM cost it's all speculation.

Turbo6TA 08-07-2011 11:23 AM

And then you have the Supersonic Blue (SSB) ... I don't believe it is a "tintcoat", but it costs an extra $300.

3GenVettes 08-07-2011 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by b4i4getit (Post 1578344376)
... That so many of us get swayed to pay more for a color is interesting. You will find that on resale the extra cost you paid for a certain color does not matter. That money could have been better spent on options that may increase value and satisfaction for the car.

Simply put, I disagree with this statement. Color is a very important aspect of the impression that a vehicle makes. The paint up-charge may not be listed in NADA, but it does affect the market for the car. Most sellers will make a buyer aware that it is a premium paint. Most educated buyers know that before hand without you needing to tell them. A color that you admire can add as much value to the car in terms of personal satisfaction as any other option that you might choose IMO.

saplumr 08-07-2011 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by phileaglesfan (Post 1578342265)
These colors are also the hardest to match later on. Atomic Orange is extremely hard especially since they had different shades of it.

My wife's vehicle is an 09 GMC Yukon XL Denali with a White Diamond Tricoat. Looks fantastic but I've already been told I don't want to repaint a single area.

Should not be a problem for a capable body shop. I had all the black trim pulled off and painted to match on my wifes 09 White Diamond Acadia and it came out perfect. Couldn't understand GMC having a $53K vehicle that had black trim and of course 2 years later they do. Only good thing is I was 2-1/2 years ahead of the curve. GMC doesn't offer White Diamond on the big boy trucks so my new Sierra Denali HD came in White.

b4i4getit 08-07-2011 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by 3GenVettes (Post 1578345191)
Simply put, I disagree with this statement. Color is a very important aspect of the impression that a vehicle makes. The paint up-charge may not be listed in NADA, but it does affect the market for the car. Most sellers will make a buyer aware that it is a premium paint. Most educated buyers know that before hand without you needing to tell them. A color that you admire can add as much value to the car in terms of personal satisfaction as any other option that you might choose IMO.

I agree that color is important to a purchaser however on resale or trade you will not get any additional money because on color. I still say GM charges more simply because they can. Go buy a gallon of white paint from BASF or PPG which supplies GM. Go buy a gallon of crystal red metallic as well. Same price. :ack:

saplumr 08-07-2011 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by b4i4getit (Post 1578345603)
I agree that color is important to a purchaser however on resale or trade you will not get any additional money because on color. I still say GM charges more simply because they can. Go buy a gallon of white paint from BASF or PPG which supplies GM. Go buy a gallon of crystal red metallic as well. Same price. :ack:

You're right. Just as any other car options, you get little or no money back.

need-for-speed 08-07-2011 01:45 PM

I agree with your response, however I don't agree with your philosophy. Supply and demand is a fact of life. The car makers lose money on some options and models (can you say SSR ?:lol::lol:) and they make it up on others. Bottom line, you don't have to opt for the upgraded paint. I got the paint but skipped the NAV because they wanted to bone me. It was not worth $2K to me.

I also agree that you typically don't get your money back for fancy options at resale. But I prefer to select my options based on what I want, not resale.

:cheers::cheers:

Swiftrider08 08-07-2011 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by talon90 (Post 1578343948)
Actually, they do in fact batch paint and you can see it anytime you enter the assembly plant (even on a public tour). As trucks are coming from the paint line out on to the final conveyer prior to inspection you will see sleds of the same color as far as the eye can see in groups and then a new group of colors will emerge. You can also see it in evidence on the line as groups of 10 or 11 of the same color in progression on the line.

Of course and I do agree that there is a price difference between the tint coat and conventional clear as well as the lower volume of course comes in to play but it is reflected in the form of a higher upcharge when compared to all of the other models using the same paint ($850 for Crystal Red on the Corvette as compared to $325 on the Camaro, Cruze and HHR for example.

Thanks for the good info Paul.:thumbs: Glad to hear the plant is in fact "batch painting" as that is the smart way and lowest cost way (less solvents/water used for color changes) but is a logisticts nightmare for some plants.

A funny thing though (funny to me anyway) is 10-11 Vettes coming down the line the same color vs an entire 8 hour production of the same color in some auto plants! :cheers:

talon90 08-07-2011 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Swiftrider08 (Post 1578348965)
Thanks for the good info Paul.:thumbs: Glad to hear the plant is in fact "batch painting" as that is the smart way and lowest cost way (less solvents/water used for color changes) but is a logisticts nightmare for some plants.

A funny thing though (funny to me anyway) is 10-11 Vettes coming down the line the same color vs an entire 8 hour production of the same color in some auto plants! :cheers:

Driven your Corvette to work yet Mike? :lol:

You're way past due for a visit down here. :yesnod:

laconiajack 08-07-2011 08:45 PM

I disagree, The plant in Japan that supplied and finally is again supplying the German patented ingredient that provides the outstanding luster and sparkle to the paints supplied in turn to GM and other car companies, doesn't come cheap.

As far as resale value goes, red Vettes, especially Crystal Red Metallic Tintcoat, sell quicker and for more than any other color. This doesn't mean all extra cost options increase resale value, i.e., manual transmission Vettes sell for more than those with extra cost torque converter automatic transmissions, but extra cost paint does make a difference in the real world.

CSixDude 08-07-2011 08:50 PM

So can anybody actually say what the difference is between tint coat and standard clear coat?

talon90 08-07-2011 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Fred H. (Post 1578349336)
So can anybody actually say what the difference is between tint coat and standard clear coat?

It varies from tint coat color to tint coat color. There are additives (colorants) put in each to affect the final (as viewed color) when applied over the color coat on the car.

b4i4getit 08-07-2011 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by laconiajack (Post 1578349292)
I disagree, The plant in Japan that supplied and finally is again supplying the German patented ingredient that provides the outstanding luster and sparkle to the paints supplied in turn to GM and other car companies, doesn't come cheap.

As far as resale value goes, red Vettes, especially Crystal Red Metallic Tintcoat, sell quicker and for more than any other color. This doesn't mean all extra cost options increase resale value, i.e., manual transmission Vettes sell for more than those with extra cost torque converter automatic transmissions, but extra cost paint does make a difference in the real world.

Facts don't bear that out. On trade or Kelly Blue Book paint color is not relevant. Thats just the way it is.

laconiajack 08-07-2011 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by b4i4getit (Post 1578349377)
Facts don't bear that out. On trade or Kelly Blue Book paint color is not relevant. Thats just the way it is.

The way it is, is that Kelly Blue Book can't possibly take into account the effects of color on resale values, and therefore they don't even try because this info is not reported to them. Talk to the pros who attend and bid on used cars at auctions if you want the real lowdown.

swglenn 08-07-2011 09:09 PM

While I agree that you don't get your money back on a premium color I will say that when we started looking for our car my wife said she wanted the CRM. So I only looked for CRM's until we found one. The JSB was a distant second. We had a black car and didn't want another one although we still admire them. But that is why they paint them different colors, so you can choose the one you like.

SilverScorp 08-07-2011 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by b4i4getit (Post 1578349377)

It may not matter to Kelly and gang, but if I was selling a factory LMB ZR1 or a Gold C5, I would get a hell of a lot more over Kellys numbers for it. :cheers:

saplumr 08-07-2011 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by laconiajack (Post 1578349444)
The way it is, is that Kelly Blue Book can't possibly take into account the effects of color on resale values, and therefore they don't even try because this info is not reported to them. Talk to the pros who attend and bid on used cars at auctions if you want the real lowdown.

Perhaps you can let us in on your source then because 99% of the public don't have much contact with auction companies. My personal opinion is color doesn't make one bit of value difference. Everyone has a personal preference or there would be no reason for more than one color. Chevrolet sells more Black Corvettes than any other single color and it not even close plus it's not a extra cost pearl or metallic.

saplumr 08-07-2011 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by SilverScorp (Post 1578349568)
It may not matter to Kelly and gang, but if I was selling a factory LMB ZR1 or a Gold C5, I would get a hell of a lot more over Kellys numbers for it. :cheers:

Wishful thinking is where the general public stands but it's not a reality.

CSixDude 08-07-2011 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by saplumr (Post 1578349581)
My personal opinion is color doesn't make one bit of value difference.

If someone is looking for a specific color, it makes a huge difference in not only the value, but how easy it is to sell.

I specifically went shopping for a used Atomic Orange convertible. I found a total of 3 for sale in the entire US. When I bought mine, I had to compete with another buyer for it.

While it may not make a difference in the KBB listing, it sure as heck makes a difference in how easy it is to sell and if you'll get your asking price or not. The fact is that some colors are just in demand more than others, and some colors are harder to find and bring more money as a result.

saplumr 08-07-2011 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Fred H. (Post 1578349691)
If someone is looking for a specific color, it makes a huge difference in not only the value, but how easy it is to sell.

I specifically went shopping for a used Atomic Orange convertible. I found a total of 3 for sale in the entire US. When I bought mine, I had to compete with another buyer for it.

While it may not make a difference in the KBB listing, it sure as heck makes a difference in how easy it is to sell and if you'll get your asking price or not. The fact is that some colors are just in demand more than others, and some colors are harder to find and bring more money as a result.

Am I wrong in thinking everyone is looking for a specific color? The limited colors are for a reason....nobody bought them. First model year vehicles are always in huge demand and you pay a premium right up front. Problem is down the road you lose a ton more money! You may be stuck on buying a certain color and pay more for it....but you better pay extra only because you want it. Thinking you're going to get your money back is a reality check in waiting!

CSixDude 08-07-2011 10:07 PM

It's simple supply and demand. Go look for a used black C6 and see how many you find.

Value simply comes down to what someone will pay for any given item at any given time. Go talk to any Corvette dealer and ask them how long the waiting list is for a CRM or AO Corvette. The dealer in Dallas literally has folks waiting in line for one to show up.

If you don't believe it, go call any used Corvette dealer you like and see what they say.

saplumr 08-07-2011 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Fred H. (Post 1578350071)
It's simple supply and demand. Go look for a used black C6 and see how many you find.

Value simply comes down to what someone will pay for any given item at any given time.

That is exactly right. There is/was no demand for that color thus limited availability. Just because you're willing to pay more for a color you want is simply your choice to get what you want. To think any color is worth more than another is no where near the reality for day to day consumers. Anything is only worth what you're willing to pay but cetrainly doesn't make it more valuable...it's strictly only valuable to YOU.

CSixDude 08-07-2011 10:24 PM

Value and worth is determined by what someone is willing to pay for something at any given time. When folks are waiting in line looking for a CRM Corvette, they will have to compete with the other buyers in the market that also want it. It drives up the price. Its simple economics.

If you don't believe it's true, go call any used Corvette dealer in the USA and ask them if they get more for CRM Corvettes than they do other colors.

saplumr 08-07-2011 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Fred H. (Post 1578350237)
Value and worth is determined by what someone is willing to pay for something at any given time. When folks are waiting in line looking for a CRM Corvette, they will have to compete with the other buyers in the market that also want it. It drives up the price. Its simple economics.

If you don't believe it's true, go call any used Corvette dealer in the USA and ask them if they get more for CRM Corvettes than they do other colors.

They get more Black ones because they can sell them. Again you're right. Supply and demand....can't sell them...don't get them.

CSixDude 08-07-2011 10:28 PM

They get more black ones simply cause GM made more in that color. You can throw a rock and find a used black Corvette. Go try to find a used CRM or AO one.

saplumr 08-07-2011 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Fred H. (Post 1578350278)
They get more black ones simply cause GM made more in that color. You can throw a rock and find a used black Corvette. Go try to find a used CRM or AO one.

So you think dealers don't order what they want and they just get what GM wants to send? Okidoke!

CSixDude 08-07-2011 10:34 PM

There is obviously no point in discussing this with you any further, cause you already believe you know everything about how color affects the selling price of a vehicle. I'm not wasting any more time here.

saplumr 08-07-2011 10:36 PM

Good choice for all.

need-for-speed 08-07-2011 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by laconiajack (Post 1578349444)

:iagree:

Think about it. KBB is providing info on hundreds of car models. People here are giving them way to much credit for the amount of effort spent. They don't track sales of each car and each option. They assign a starting point by applying a value to options and then they pick a depreciation curve for that model and that is it. To think they spend countless man hours investigating whether or not F55 brings more than Z51 of whether black cars bring more than white cars is fantasy.

KBB is just a ball park number and nothing more. My opinion is not based on internet surfing. I actually sold my C5 here on the CForum and I can tell you that KBB did not know sh!t. According the them, an A4 was worth more than an MN6. What was in demand was Z51 and MN6 (which my car had). My car was in demand and very easy to sell.

It was much harder to sell C5's with auto tranny's in the used car market, and damn near every one wanted Z51 cars.

KBB got it wrong on both options.

saplumr 08-07-2011 10:52 PM

I agree. Dealers are going to say you can't go by KBB, NADA or Edmunds when it comes to accurate trade value but it does give you an idea of where you "hopefully" stand....give or take a little bit.

need-for-speed 08-07-2011 11:00 PM

Funny thing is that this thread is 3 pages long and no one has answered the OP's question. When I had my '79 Camaro painted, I learned a lot from the guy who owned the shop. Before he went out on his own, he ran the body shop at a Chevy dealership.

And NOW, to the OP's question: No - pearl is not the same thing as tint coat. The guy who painted my car referred to pearl as "sea shell" . It is the same thing as "mother of pearl" that you have seen elsewhere. Now what I do not know is if they use the real thing (ground up mother of pearl from sea shells), or if it is synthetic.

As Talon said, for GM, tint coat is color added to the clear coat and they do not add a step.

Another member mentioned the 3 step process:

three-stage paints (base coat, tint coat, clear coat)

He is partially correct in that that is how most body shops do it. They call them "candy colors" and they add a step to the process. However, GM does not. As one might expect, GM figured out a way to skip a step :lol: and still charge you extra :lol:

Now, what many may not know is that most of the new paints have some pearl in them. I had my '79 Camaro painted a factory GM color - it is Dark Blue Metallic - same as found on a 2004 (I think that's the right year model) Tahoe. And even though that was not considered a pearlescent paint - it does have some pearl in the recipe.

And that is the very reason I try to advise people who are restoring an old car to use a newer formulation. They often want to paint it "the same color as a 1960 something car". Big mistake - the newer recipes have much more depth and pop because of things like pearl, and possibly metallic flakes, that the old recipes did not have.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...aro5-09004.jpg

Swiftrider08 08-08-2011 07:18 PM

[QUOTE=need-for-speed;1578350561]Funny thing is that this thread is 3 pages long and no one has answered the OP's question. When I had my '79 Camaro painted, I learned a lot from the guy who owned the shop. Before he went out on his own, he ran the body shop at a Chevy dealership.

And NOW, to the OP's question: No - pearl is not the same thing as tint coat. The guy who painted my car referred to pearl as "sea shell" . It is the same thing as "mother of pearl" that you have seen elsewhere. Now what I do not know is if they use the real thing (ground up mother of pearl from sea shells), or if it is synthetic.

As Talon said, for GM, tint coat is color added to the clear coat and they do not add a step.

Another member mentioned the 3 step process:

He is partially correct in that that is how most body shops do it. They call them "candy colors" and they add a step to the process. However, GM does not. As one might expect, GM figured out a way to skip a step :lol: and still charge you extra :lol:

Now, what many may not know is that most of the new paints have some pearl in them. I had my '79 Camaro painted a factory GM color - it is Dark Blue Metallic - same as found on a 2004 (I think that's the right year model) Tahoe. And even though that was not considered a pearlescent paint - it does have some pearl in the recipe.

And that is the very reason I try to advise people who are restoring an old car to use a newer formulation. They often want to paint it "the same color as a 1960 something car". Big mistake - the newer recipes have much more depth and pop because of things like pearl, and possibly metallic flakes, that the old recipes did not have.

GM did not figure out anything, the paint companies did, and their paints are sold to all the manufacturers. The "pearl" typically shows up in the clearcoat, not the basecoat. These paints just simply cost more to produce. :cheers:

Your for sure are right about using the newer paints!

Swiftrider08 08-08-2011 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by talon90 (Post 1578349257)
Driven your Corvette to work yet Mike? :lol:

You're way past due for a visit down here. :yesnod:

I have driven it to work 3 times I think. The first time had to give a few rides and the last 2 times ended up with a crowd around and people speaking things I had no clue as to what they were saying! :lol: They do love it though and several know alot about the Corvette.

Waaaaaay past due for a trip down to BG!:cheers:

talon90 08-08-2011 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Swiftrider08 (Post 1578358046)
I have driven it to work 3 times I think. The first time had to give a few rides and the last 2 times ended up with a crowd around and people speaking things I had no clue as to what they were saying! :lol: They do love it though and several know alot about the Corvette.

Waaaaaay past due for a trip down to BG!:cheers:

:rofl: That's funny. At least they appreciate it.

Knob Jockey 08-09-2011 02:23 AM

Regarding colors and how they relate to buyers........

You frequently hear "Resale Red" stated as being a positive contributing factor by the pros.

Licit 08-09-2011 02:31 AM

I found out when getting a new bumper painted that it is only base coat and clear coat except for when painted at the factory. I had a whole thread about it a while ago. My hood and bumper were a little off, I talked to my painter and the GM dealership and they both told me if you look in the glove box there is just bc/cc and no tintcoat.