CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Seriously? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3438497-seriously.html)

pmata0630 03-20-2014 07:55 AM

Seriously?

3 Attachment(s)
Ok really? I get out of work to this....

Seriously I don't understand it. I had my last vette and no issues, I have this one for under a week, and someone is already deciding to rest on it. I wish I was a dr here so I could have my own gated parking...ugh:smash:

ATX-C7 03-20-2014 07:57 AM

Um, what the heck!

That looks like in front of someones house--what happened?

How did you resolve it?

Mecholova 03-20-2014 08:02 AM

I hope theres no damage...

...to your hand after you grabbed that guy by the ankles and Hulk Smashed him into his windshield!

pewter99 03-20-2014 08:03 AM

:nonod: people suck.....

hope there was no damage.....time to find a better spot in the lot.

I moved around to several spaces at work till I found a spot that avoided most people then guess where everyone started parking :rolleyes: funny thing is as people get new cars they all wanna park near me at least the new spot has plenty of room and I have had no issues

nh_mark 03-20-2014 08:03 AM

Plenty of room dad....

Seriously, that sucks.

-Mark

pmata0630 03-20-2014 08:08 AM

Well I for sure called the cops and had them come out to check the car, especially as I moved it away. They guy that owned that car worked in the building across the street and came out when he saw 2 cops cars. I kept my cool...being that this is my Friday and I didn't feel like sitting in jail....but he tried to tell the cops, he was just close. The cop looked him square in the eye and told him, his car was backed into mine. The cop checked, and I checked and checked 4 more times, looks like I got lucky and got away with no damage....he got lucky too.... Time for a new parking space hunt....

Groovepusher Sly 03-20-2014 08:09 AM

You have the evidence (pictures) have it repaired and send him the bill.

Your post hadn't popped up before I made the comment. But send him a bill anyway.

Sly :cool:

pewter99 03-20-2014 08:10 AM

typical....no apology just denial :rolleyes:

ATX-C7 03-20-2014 08:12 AM

Yes NEW PARKING for sure. FAR, FAR away from any Nissans!

Big Dan 427 03-20-2014 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by pmata0630 (Post 1586450314)
The cop checked, and I checked and checked 4 more times, looks like I got lucky and got away with no damage....he got lucky too.... Time for a new parking space hunt....

This is what matters, I'm glad it was unscathed and you did a great job keeping your cool.:thumbs:

Supersonic 427 03-20-2014 09:09 AM

That just shows how much lack of concern for others people property! Glad to hear that there was no damage.

01VETTECOP 03-20-2014 09:11 AM

I'm pissed just looking at the pics !

chiefttp 03-20-2014 09:17 AM

I understand your anger, but we all have to realize that there are a lot of people who don't love cars like we do, Sentra drivers for example! and most importantly, Our Vettes sit low to the ground and when this guy backed into the spot I guarentee you he couldn't tell how close that nose is because its out of his view (and they don't care) In the future I'm sure you'll park it in an area where this won't happen. Beautiful car BTW

mjoacim 03-20-2014 09:17 AM

Ohhhhh yeah. Somebody wold be swallowing teeth. Yes, I carry that Desert E .50, too. It seconds as a legal set of brass knuckles.

mksz51 03-20-2014 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by mjoacim (Post 1586450774)
Ohhhhh yeah. Somebody wold be swallowing teeth. Yes, I carry that Desert E .50, too. It seconds as a legal set of brass knuckles.

Of course, it's Texas. Shoot somebody.

fsvoboda 03-20-2014 09:21 AM

People are clueless, and when someone with a clue mentions that fact, they deny it. The Sentra owner would be a case in point.

BTW, someone who is only temporarily clueless will apologize profusely. The permanently clueless will continue to insist that they did nothing wrong.

Mecholova 03-20-2014 09:27 AM

I get the whole some people don't love cars (and chuckled at the Nissan especially) but the guy was insisting he didn't touch. That would have at least warranted a verbal assault!
I don't love kids but when I park on them, I at least apologize ;)

mjoacim 03-20-2014 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Mecholova (Post 1586450840)
I get the whole some people don't love cars (and chuckled at the Nissan especially) but the guy was insisting he didn't touch. That would have at least warranted a verbal assault!
I don't love kids but when I park on them, I at least apologize ;)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Motohead279 03-20-2014 09:31 AM

Glad to hear there was no damage. It's sucks that some people are not careful. It is a worry every time I park somewhere.

mjoacim 03-20-2014 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by mksz51 (Post 1586450800)

Well now, let's not get hasty. But if you insist :rock:. Wouldn't be the first time, :rofl:.

BlueOx 03-20-2014 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by mksz51 (Post 1586450800)

:iagree:It's a friggen car. If you can't emotionally deal deal with it being out in the world, leave it in the garage. At least the guy didn't hit it and drive away! Manure occurs.

That said, I think it was pretty stupid of the Nissan owner to leave it touching. Had he moved it 5", the OP wouldn't have ever known the difference.

Philr56 03-20-2014 09:55 AM

The very same thing happened to me with my Silver Blade 08 C6. Older woman driving a minivan with bumper scrapes all over the front end parked on top of my Corvette's nose, EXACTLY like the OP's post. She denied it in front of the cops, God and everyone. I had pictures, eyewitnesses -- didn't matter. End result was a small crack in the front bumper. Barely noticeable to anyone EXCEPT me. The car was fixed before I sold it but I'm still Pee-o'ed about it. And like the OP, she never offered an apology.

kp 03-20-2014 10:46 AM

People just dont care, period. Its hard to drive anything nice these days, between parking lots and things flying off of cars and trucks on the highway its like a battlefield if you care about your car.

If you drove a rattle can camo'd 79 F150 no one would park within 100' of it, drive a nice anything thats clean and you care about and it will attract every close-parker and door-swinger within miles.

scott76807 03-20-2014 11:14 AM

Well I for sure called the cops and had them come out to check the car, especially as I moved it away. They guy that owned that car worked in the building across the street and came out when he saw 2 cops cars. I kept my cool...being that this is my Friday and I didn't feel like sitting in jail....but he tried to tell the cops, he was just close. The cop looked him square in the eye and told him, his car was backed into mine. The cop checked, and I checked and checked 4 more times, looks like I got lucky and got away with no damage....he got lucky too.... Time for a new parking space hunt....

Yea and it was a Sorry Ass $9999.00 Sentra

america's cheapest car

I would have told the guy ..."Nice Shitter" please park by all the wrecks

Newstingray 03-20-2014 11:22 AM

I was hit by a runaway shopping cart and the women that let it runaway brushed it of like nothing happened. I was lucky no damage.

TEXHAWK0 03-20-2014 11:24 AM

There are a lot of careless people that back up way too close to start with, then they don't realize that when the put it into PARK, it is going to roll back enough to bump the next car.
Now, I shop for parking spaces that not only have room on the side, but also where no one can park in front of me. :ack:

At least they did not put a trailer hitch through the grille, like on one of my other cars.
They even had the nerve to write a note and put it on the wiper, with a fake phone number!

Charlie M 03-20-2014 11:27 AM

Rent a U-Haul tomorrow and pay back time for the Datsun.

pmata0630 03-20-2014 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by BlueOx (Post 1586450978)
:iagree:It's a friggen car. If you can't emotionally deal deal with it being out in the world, leave it in the garage. At least the guy didn't hit it and drive away! Manure occurs.

That said, I think it was pretty stupid of the Nissan owner to leave it touching. Had he moved it 5", the OP wouldn't have ever known the difference.

Yes it is a car, and this has nothing to do with it being out in the world. There's a difference between manure happening and this crap. He had 3 feet of parking space in front of him with no other cars there, no reason to back up as far as he did. I understand things happen, like the rock that chipped my windshield 3 miles outside of the Corvette Museum, those are accidents that really couldn't be prevented. The ignorance of this driver is a whole nother level.

pmata0630 03-20-2014 11:36 AM

Thanks everyone, you really made my day better, especially that thing about parking the kids lol had me rofl!

Slappy3243 03-20-2014 11:39 AM

If I didn't have a garage, I wouldn't have purchased my C7. People just don't give a crap and I care too much about my cars in general. I am not saying you need a garage, I am just saying that as long as you park out in the wild with the general population, these things have to be expected. This is why I hate people.

Big Dan 427 03-20-2014 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by pmata0630 (Post 1586451802)
Yes it is a car, and this has nothing to do with it being out in the world. There's a difference between manure happening and this crap. He had 3 feet of parking space in front of him with no other cars there, no reason to back up as far as he did. I understand things happen, like the rock that chipped my windshield 3 miles outside of the Corvette Museum, those are accidents that really couldn't be prevented. The ignorance of this driver is a whole nother level.

:thumbs::cheers:

Vette_It_be 03-20-2014 11:40 AM

Dude you should have kicked his ass right then and there. You should have announced your presence with authority and taught that ******* a lesson. He needed to be enlighten so he doesn't do that again to someone else.

jackhall99 03-20-2014 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by chiefttp (Post 1586450773)
... Our Vettes sit low to the ground and when this guy backed into the spot I guarantee you he couldn't tell how close that nose is because its out of his view .... In the future I'm sure you'll park it in an area where this won't happen. ....

Originally Posted by TEXHAWK0 (Post 1586451711)
.... I shop for parking spaces that not only have room on the side, but also where no one can park in front of me. ....

The number of lame posts in some of these threads, like smash the guy's teeth out or smash his car, never ceases to amaze me. :crazy: :crazy2: :ack:

As chiefttp states, people probably do care but can't see the low noses of our cars. The rule any experienced and thinking Corvette owner is to find a good parking spot: one that minimizes the chance of the flanks getting dinged, and one that absolutely, positively eliminates any chance of another car accidentally hitting the nose of our cars. That means parking along the outside perimeter of any parking lot, then pulling into that space. That leaves the more visible rear end for other drivers to see.

The OP handled it well, and I'm glad there was no damage. :cheers:

pmata0630 03-20-2014 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Slappy3243 (Post 1586451829)
If I didn't have a garage, I wouldn't have purchased my C7. People just don't give a crap and I care too much about my cars in general. I am not saying you need a garage, I am just saying that as long as you park out in the wild with the general population, these things have to be expected. This is why I hate people.

Yeah I agree. I have mine garaged when I'm not at work, or out and about. Which now a days, wifey wants to take the Vette everywhere, and of course I aint complaining :) Going to take her to get tinting and Xpel put on tomorrow in Dallas. Tinting by Tritek in Garland, and the Xpel by one of our forum members that goes by Texas_Venom. Pics to come soon after.

Big Lebowski 03-20-2014 11:43 AM

VERY glad to hear there was no damage. That A-hole would be on my Sh** list from now on. I'm glad the cops showed up and took it seriously. What a jerk.

jackhall99 03-20-2014 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Vette_It_be (Post 1586451840)
Dude you should have kicked his ass right then and there. You should have announced your presence with authority and taught that ******* a lesson. He needed to be enlighten so he doesn't do that again to someone else.

Kicking his ass? :ack: With the police there? :rofl: The OP was smarter than that. :thumbs:

HogwildC7 03-20-2014 11:45 AM

its a car but but come on why would someone even do anything like that/ what is the purpose? then people get mad when you have to knock them out for their own stupidity.

pmata0630 03-20-2014 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Big Lebowski (Post 1586451865)
VERY glad to hear there was no damage. That A-hole would be on my Sh** list from now on. I'm glad the cops showed up and took it seriously. What a jerk.

Its funny because after all that got cleared up, the cops wanted to look at it and asked some questions about the ride and how fast Ive gotten it to so far...of course I answered 75.....those sneaky copninjas

JW-C7 03-20-2014 11:49 AM

I was waiting for you to say "So I reversed back, there was no damage to my car, but I stomped off his bumper and left it on the ground"

I think for everyone because the car is so new it stings so much more. People on here chirp and say "It's just a car" I don't understand that. No one wants any of their possessions to be damaged because of some thoughtless idiot.

jackhall99 03-20-2014 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by pmata0630 (Post 1586451802)
... There's a difference between manure happening and this crap. He had 3 feet of parking space in front of him with no other cars there, no reason to back up as far as he did. ....

Friendly tip: Read my post #31 for "Parking a Corvette 101". Take it from me (or not) after being around low sports cars and several Corvettes for 47 years. :cheers:

pmata0630 03-20-2014 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by jackhall99 (Post 1586451935)
Friendly tip: Read my post #31 for "Parking a Corvette 101". Take it from me (or not) after being around low sports cars and several Corvettes for 47 years. :cheers:

Roger that! :cheers:

Big Lebowski 03-20-2014 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by pmata0630 (Post 1586451924)
Its funny because after all that got cleared up, the cops wanted to look at it and asked some questions about the ride and how fast Ive gotten it to so far...of course I answered 75.....those sneaky copninjas

Thats awesome...I'm sure they were equally pissed for you, and my hats off to you for keeping your cool. I am not a violent person, but I think I might have waited for this punk to show up and had a few words. I think calling the cops was the best thing for HIS safety.

Most of all, DO NOT let this guy spoil your enjoyment or willingness to take it out in public. Own it. Love it. Protect it...but most of all keep driving it, no matter what. :thumbs:

~Stingray 03-20-2014 11:58 AM

I am betting this guy really didn't have any idea he touched you. Here's why I think that...The only way you can't tell if you bumped anything, let alone another car, is if you slammed on the breaks when you realized you were getting close. The jerk from breaking quickly would hide the bump because you are already getting thrown about. That being said, if you slammed the breaks or bumped something you would get out and check what happened. And if you did hit something, like another car, I doubt you would just leave it there. People would pull forward a little or move to another spot. (Not saying I would ever do this, but it happens). This guy just walked away and then tried to deny it when he came out. Yes, it could have been an act, but if he was that kind of guy, I think he would have left the scene of the crime in the first place.

Just offering a outside perspective on this unfortunate incident.

Crossed Flags Fan 03-20-2014 11:59 AM

WTF
How did you not go BALISTIC!?!?!?!?
You sir, are a better man than I.

BlueOx 03-20-2014 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by ~Stingray (Post 1586451999)
I am betting this guy really didn't have any idea he touched you. Here's why I think that...The only way you can't tell if you bumped anything, let alone another car, is if you slammed on the breaks when you realized you were getting close. The jerk from breaking quickly would hide the bump because you are already getting thrown about. That being said, if you slammed the breaks or bumped something you would get out and check what happened. And if you did hit something, like another car, I doubt you would just leave it there. People would pull forward a little or move to another spot. (Not saying I would ever do this, but it happens). This guy just walked away and then tried to deny it when he came out. Yes, it could have been an act, but if he was that kind of guy, I think he would have left the scene of the crime in the first place.

:iagree: As I said earlier, had he pulled forward a few inches, the OP would have never known.

pmata0630 03-20-2014 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by ~Stingray (Post 1586451999)

Good point, thanks. I just get really over protective of my car....I saved long and hard to get her, so I guess when things like this happen I just jump into major defensive mode. It sucks, but I have insurance for a reason, as long as no one gets hurt.

pmata0630 03-20-2014 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Big Lebowski (Post 1586451974)
Thats awesome...I'm sure they were equally pissed for you, and my hats off to you for keeping your cool. I am not a violent person, but I think I might have waited for this punk to show up and had a few words. I think calling the cops was the best thing for HIS safety.

Most of all, DO NOT let this guy spoil your enjoyment or willingness to take it out in public. Own it. Love it. Protect it...but most of all keep driving it, no matter what. :thumbs:

Roger that too! She is the best car I have ever driven, the first I have custom ordered, and the first that my wife has asked if she could borrow to drive when I'm off work (I work nights, so she wants to drive it during the day). She loves this car as much as I do, so it makes it easier when it comes time to mod LOL:cheers:

Dan12 03-20-2014 12:39 PM

You always hear the "it's only a car" comment. I generally get that from friends or inlaws who don't care about cars.

Meaning no bodily harm here get over it. Well I'd much rather get a scratch in my arm vs my car. I'd much rather have a shopping cart bump my leg vs my car.

i wonder how the "Its only a car people" would feel about someone walking up to them and putting a fairly deep scratch into their arm?

After all arms heal by themselves, cars don't.

"It's only an Arm"!

John C. 03-20-2014 12:51 PM

Wow—what a jerk. So glad there's no damage! Hopefully the cops showing up insured he won't pull that crap again!

C7BB 03-20-2014 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by BlueOx (Post 1586450978)

Ummmmm.... It's a $60k plus car. It's NOT just a car. It's an expensive piece of property that some ******* feels like they can damage with no repercussions. I feel the problem with the world today is that there is zero respect for anyone or their property and then those who make excuses for them. Just sayin.... It's just a car doesn't even enter the equation as much as it's HIS car which no one has the right to damage.

teejake 03-20-2014 01:26 PM

Looks like people do not drive any better in Wichita Falls now than when I was in high school there.

jimb100 03-20-2014 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by mjoacim (Post 1586450774)

Why do so many vette owners walk around angry so much of the time?

If the normal things that people do incite you to violence you should get some help with that before you hurt someone and wind up in jail.

VIK TOY 03-20-2014 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Dan12 (Post 1586452383)
You always hear the "it's only a car" comment. I generally get that from friends or inlaws who don't care about cars.

Meaning no bodily harm here get over it. Well I'd much rather get a scratch in my arm vs my car. I'd much rather have a shopping cart bump my leg vs my car.

i wonder how the "Its only a car people" would feel about someone walking up to them and putting a fairly deep scratch into their arm?

After all arms heal by themselves, cars don't.

"It's only an Arm"!

:iagree: These are our babies and the rudeness of others is infuriating! I drive round and round to find the "right" parking place even in my '02Z. I park back from other cars. Gee it seems that in a few months, you might be walking by "his" POS with your car keys sticking out of your pocket-OOPS!!!:crazy:

m3incorp 03-20-2014 01:45 PM

To be fair, this tends to happen all the time and not just to the nice cars. There is one Walmart near me that has parking spaces that are "not" at a slant and people are always having fender benders backing out. As has been said, they are cars and like most items, there are people that don't like it or respect it as much as you do.

mjoacim 03-20-2014 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by jimb100 (Post 1586452824)

If the normal things that people do incite you to violence you should get some help with that before you hurt someone and wind up in jail.

So when I take my big, lifted daily driver Silverado with a ClassIII hitch on the back and K.O. the front of your car, leave it there, deny that happened and tell you to "relax, Brittney", you're not gonna be upset, lol:thumbs:? That's just it, this SHOULDN'T be normal!!!! That's my only point. And the only reason I've shot someone before wasn't because I was angry there, sweetheart, it was because I was wearing camo, an American flag on my shoulder and THEY were shooting at ME. Poor guy's brand new car he busted his a$$ to get got popped by some clown with no regard for others and I was just sympathizing. So relax, Brittney.

jackhall99 03-20-2014 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by jimb100 (Post 1586452824)

I agree with you 100% that if a parking lot bump would incite any human being to violence, that person is in serious need of help. :thumbs:

What I really expect is the case is that people are just pounding their keyboard to sound nastier than they are in real life. Human nature. :cheers:

Blue Lagoon 03-20-2014 02:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Vette_It_be (Post 1586451840)
Dude you should have kicked his ass right then and there.

Not always

bglmn 03-20-2014 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by C6Warrior (Post 1586453223)
Its only a car. Mine was hit and run in a Costco parking lot 3 weeks after I got it. If you drive it on public roads park it in public lots something sooner or later is going to get you. What I found was much worse and guess what? my local body shop made it look all new again. Enjoy the car!

Dude! THAT was no accident.

mjoacim 03-20-2014 02:38 PM

:pistols::pistols::pistols::pistols::pis tols::pistols::topicclosed:

pcara 03-20-2014 03:36 PM

People suck!!!!!

millers1 03-20-2014 03:49 PM

Glad there was no damage! Some of us saved for a long time to buy this car, so when something STUPID like that happens to it, and the person denies even hitting you, it's enough to piss anybody off! Enjoy the car!

C5Txfan 03-20-2014 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by teejake (Post 1586452724)
Looks like people do not drive any better in Wichita Falls now than when I was in high school there.

:rofl: Hey I resemble that remark :eek: That's my home town and I went to HS and college there .. :thumbs: long time ago tho :(

pmata0630 03-20-2014 04:43 PM

Wow I just woke up for what I guess you could call a short nap after work, and I would like to thank yall for responding to this post. I do realize it is a car, but its MY car, and like I said earlier I saved for a long time to try and get her. I understand she sits low, and if that's the case the people parking need to be more cautious, and not get so close if they can't judge the distance, especially when there was more space in front of the car. There was no need for him to back up as close as he did, since it was parallel parking I parked the furthest back in my slot as I could without going over the red no parking lines.

MJOACIM thank you for the time you took and the sacrifices you did to ensure our freedom was ours. You definitely get how I was feeling, it was like all the sacrifices I endured to save was just going down the drain, and that really pissed me off. More of the principal that anything. I worked hard for it, so have some respect for other peoples stuff. Not all Corvette owners have the money to throw around like its nothing.

C6 Warrior, I am sorry about your car as well. I can't believe how bad someone can hit that, especially in a parking lot. She looks like a beauty, you should post some pics :)

Millers1 and Pcara, I hear you on those. It took alot of sacrificing but I was able to do it and she is what I have to show for it. Oh and a happy wife, she is in love with the car just as much as I am :rock:

Blue Lagoon, LMFAO! That was awesome, and yet some people will still try to hit the mosquito when it lands on the testicles lol

Dan12 and C7BB, I see my car for more than she is. She was an accomplishment, and milestone in my life. So even though if something were to happen to the car (which it shouldn't) insurance can take care of it, but like I said before its not about the car really. Its about everything leading up to the time when I got her. Oh and yeah because she is a beauty :)

Thanks to everyone else that commented, I appreciate the support that I've gotten here. It really helped to have others out there that felt the same way I did when I saw this.

Patriot77 03-20-2014 04:47 PM

Iam not going to tell you what I would have done. Because it isn't nice.

MEJ 03-20-2014 05:46 PM

You handled it perfectly. Good job. Glad there was no damage.
By the way is that NRB? I love the stripes on that color! Very cool.
:thumbs::canadaflag::D

MEJ 03-20-2014 05:51 PM

This is the only reason why? I can think of hundreds of others!:D

Callihan 03-20-2014 06:27 PM

Did the guy driving the other car apologize? You handle it well I will remember this! I parked my brand new escalade at a baseball game and the car next to me happen to park while I was there. The passenger in the back seat opened there car door all the way and left a ding. I was nice about it until she said she did not do it. I pointed to my new paper plates. We started yelling at each other but things cooled down once her boyfriend realized it was her. He offered to pay for it. It was about to get ugly!

r1owner 03-20-2014 06:36 PM

I was in a stores parking lot once and watched a guy pull into a spot and fairly well hammer the car parked on the other side. My 8 year old son saw it and said something to me. He just got out and walked away.

Owner of the hit car came out and I told him what happened... he went and looked at the front and there was some damage (minor). Dude was upset (even though it looked like a DD). Anyhow, the clown that hit him comes out a couple minutes later and the dude is like you messed up my car... the guy immediately denied it until I spoke up (was still sitting in my car) and told him I saw him pull in. Then his story changed.

People suck.

pmata0630 03-20-2014 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by MEJ (Post 1586454826)
You handled it perfectly. Good job. Glad there was no damage.
By the way is that NRB? I love the stripes on that color! Very cool.
:thumbs::canadaflag::D

Yup NRB http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...pampering.html

Heres a link with more pics :)

pmata0630 03-20-2014 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Callihan (Post 1586455140)
Did the guy driving the other car apologize? You handle it well I will remember this! I parked my brand new escalade at a baseball game and the car next to me happen to park while I was there. The passenger in the back seat opened there car door all the way and left a ding. I was nice about it until she said she did not do it. I pointed to my new paper plates. We started yelling at each other but things cooled down once her boyfriend realized it was her. He offered to pay for it. It was about to get ugly!

No the guy never apologized, we did walk back to the hospital together and when were about to part ways, he did say to have a good day.

82CFI 03-20-2014 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by mjoacim (Post 1586450873)
Well now, let's not get hasty. But if you insist :rock:. Wouldn't be the first time, :rofl:.

We should go easy on you Texans and your attempts at "population control." After all, as the fastest growing State (outside of ND), you gotta make more room for the influx from the North (them progressives) and the South (them illegals). :rofl:

thedofuss 03-20-2014 07:46 PM

well, at least youre handling it well.

thedofuss 03-20-2014 07:51 PM

there are many people out there that see a corvette, and immediately want to slam their door into it , or do it some other damage. many of the posts on this forum will tell you why. you reap what you sow. unfortunately, people like myself also reap what YOU sow. the driver knew exactly what he was doing. obviously.

post-it 03-20-2014 07:55 PM

What did you expect? You park your car in an area where the majority of the public park their leased, $99 per month junks. If you want to keep your car pristine, it takes a lot of effort. Evidently, you do not have the dedication todo,so!!!!

tentorium 03-20-2014 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by scott76807 (Post 1586451647)
Yea and it was a Sorry Ass $9999.00 Sentra

america's cheapest car

I would have told the guy ..."Nice Shitter" please park by all the wrecks

I was thinking the same thing. If it was me driving the POS I would not be so bold as to attempt any parking next to something like that just out of sheer panic. :eek:
Couldn't the guy see the vette disappearing in his mirror as he backed up on top of it?

DaveFerrari458 03-20-2014 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by pmata0630 (Post 1586450254)
Ok really? I get out of work to this....

Seriously I don't understand it. I had my last vette and no issues, I have this one for under a week, and someone is already deciding to rest on it. I wish I was a dr here so I could have my own gated parking...ugh:smash:

Still not too late to go to medical school LOL.

Joking aside that just pisses me off!! Some people are very inconsiderate!! I'm always careful as to not back into or slam open my door onto another car whether it's a Lambo or a VW.

Can't you get your own spot? It seems like you must have some kind of high position there to be able to afford a Corvette.

Ps....I just noticed I replied to the wrong person...it was aimed for the OP.

pmata0630 03-20-2014 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by post-it (Post 1586455817)
What did you expect? You park your car in an area where the majority of the public park their leased, $99 per month junks. If you want to keep your car pristine, it takes a lot of effort. Evidently, you do not have the dedication todo,so!!!!

Yeah well as I am not a Dr I don't have the privilege of gated parking so I have to do the best I can. Dedication u say? Well you can really kiss my ass on that comment. You don't know me or the situation...so keep your trolling comments to yourself...douche

pmata0630 03-20-2014 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by DaveFerrari458 (Post 1586455908)
Still not too late to go to medical school LOL.

Joking aside that just pisses me off!! Some people are very inconsiderate!! I'm always careful as to not back into or slam open my door onto another car whether it's a Lambo or a VW.

Can't you get your own spot? It seems like you must have some kind of high position there to be able to afford a Corvette.

Ps....I just noticed I replied to the wrong person...it was aimed for the OP.

Lol I got it. Yeah I do my best to not get to close to any car for fear of mine being hit and respect to the other owner. Med school...eh....I run the IT desk at the local hospital...I love computers and networking.

jackhall99 03-20-2014 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by thedofuss (Post 1586455788)
there are many people out there that see a corvette, and immediately want to slam their door into it , or do it some other damage. ....

And this is your first-hand knowledge from being around Corvettes for what now, two months? :crazy2:

Doof, please post on something you have experienced first hand, or are aware of from friends who have first-hand knowledge. I've owned Corvettes and other very nice cars for 55 years, and have hundreds of friends and acquaintances that have owned them that long, and none would ever make that asinine statement. :nonod:

"Stuff" happens.

tentorium 03-20-2014 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by pmata0630 (Post 1586455384)
Yup NRB http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...pampering.html

Heres a link with more pics :)

Egads! Just saw this post. This is Sapphire we're talking about!! Now I'm even more upset:cry

DaveFerrari458 03-20-2014 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by pmata0630 (Post 1586455972)
Lol I got it. Yeah I do my best to not get to close to any car for fear of mine being hit and respect to the other owner. Med school...eh....I run the IT desk at the local hospital...I love computers and networking.

:thumbs: I know a lot of IT guys that make more than doctors!

Seriously though you should find a different place to park or buy/lease a daily driver. That would drive me crazy knowing my brand new Corvette is sitting out there being subject to that potential damage.

jackhall99 03-20-2014 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by DaveFerrari458 (Post 1586456023)
.... Seriously though you should find a different place to park ... .

Dave, others have already posted that to the OP, but he's reverted to name calling now. :D

Steve Garrett 03-20-2014 08:39 PM

Guys,

PM's have been sent.....NO NAME CALLING.

Thank you.