CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Parts for Sale/Wanted (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-parts-for-sale-wanted-162/)
-   -   WTB: Looking for the old(discontinued) Borla X-Pipe (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-parts-for-sale-wanted/4725030-looking-for-the-old-discontinued-borla-x-pipe.html)

Rusty29 04-07-2023 01:23 AM

Looking for the old(discontinued) Borla X-Pipe

I am looking to swap out my stock x-pipe for the older Borla x-pipe that was discontinued. If anyone is willing to sell one or knows someone who is, then I would be interested in talking. Located around Dulles Airport in NOVA.

Thanks,
Chris

Rusty29 04-09-2023 12:57 PM

Still looking

Franco Jennings 04-10-2023 08:31 AM

I have one of the catless x pipes from EOS, the quality was actually surprisingly good for the price. I'm getting ARH headers put on within the next 3-4 weeks, if you're still looking and interested in trying them I'm probably going to list them for 100.

Rusty29 06-02-2023 08:25 AM

Bump

ktoonsez 06-07-2023 05:31 PM

delete

Rusty29 06-09-2023 07:43 AM

Still looking for one

42ZED 06-09-2023 08:51 AM

Speed Engineering sells one too. I assume you want the borla because it's 2.75"?

Sausage_Fingers 06-11-2023 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by 42ZED (Post 1606717316)
Speed Engineering sells one too. I assume you want the borla because it's 2.75"?

Don’t those only work with their headers? Not stock manifolds? That’s what it indicates on their product page.

42ZED 06-11-2023 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Sausage_Fingers (Post 1606724369)
Don’t those only work with their headers? Not stock manifolds? That’s what it indicates on their product page.

This one..

https://performancecorvettes.com/col...folds-and-cats

Sausage_Fingers 06-11-2023 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by 42ZED (Post 1606724389)

I totally missed that. What’s the catch? Why aren’t people lining up to buy these over the old borla and corsa pipes? $250 is inexpensive.

wangerin 06-11-2023 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Sausage_Fingers (Post 1606725280)
I totally missed that. What’s the catch? Why aren’t people lining up to buy these over the old borla and corsa pipes? $250 is inexpensive.

3" and double crossover vs 2.75" single crossover. Borla is deeper sounding and less mid range torque loss on stock tune. I've been considering it cause $250 seems hard to pass up.

Sausage_Fingers 06-11-2023 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by wangerin (Post 1606725424)
3" and double crossover vs 2.75" single crossover. Borla is deeper sounding and less mid range torque loss on stock tune. I've been considering it cause $250 seems hard to pass up.

but if it’s vaporware, then what does it matter?

42ZED 06-12-2023 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Sausage_Fingers (Post 1606725280)

i believe that half of the reasoning is poor marketing and the other is that some people are willing to pay a 2.5x more money for a slightly different tone and 1% more power. I personally don't have money to toss around like that for an x pipe, so i opted for the S/E.

Sausage_Fingers 06-12-2023 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by 42ZED (Post 1606726408)
i believe that half of the reasoning is poor marketing and the other is that some people are willing to pay a 2.5x more money for a slightly different tone and 1% more power. I personally don't have money to toss around like that for an x pipe, so i opted for the S/E.

No issues I take it then? Fitment fine? $250 seems like a steal. I’d be interested in finding out what this xpipe weighs. I know the corsa was heavier than borla as it was 3” as well.

42ZED 06-13-2023 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Sausage_Fingers (Post 1606726658)
No issues I take it then? Fitment fine? $250 seems like a steal. I’d be interested in finding out what this xpipe weighs. I know the corsa was heavier than borla as it was 3” as well.

i haven't installed it yet. Should have it on within a few weeks

Sausage_Fingers 06-13-2023 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by 42ZED (Post 1606730248)
i haven't installed it yet. Should have it on within a few weeks

Gotcha. Well if you have a chance to weigh it I’d be interested in knowing that along with any other feedback you have on it. I may end up snagging one rather than waiting to get lucky on a borla.

Shokwav 06-13-2023 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Sausage_Fingers (Post 1606730380)
Gotcha. Well if you have a chance to weigh it I’d be interested in knowing that along with any other feedback you have on it. I may end up snagging one rather than waiting to get lucky on a borla.

I’d like a review on the fit and finish of this piece as well! I don’t really want to buy something used but I also don’t want to deal with trying install some POS that doesn’t fit

Rusty29 06-14-2023 08:41 AM

Still looking for the Borla x-pipe. I don't like the double helix sound plus I already have a Borla axle-back on the car. Prefer to maintain a deeper sound too

Sausage_Fingers 06-14-2023 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Rusty29 (Post 1606734106)
Still looking for the Borla x-pipe. I don't like the double helix sound plus I already have a Borla axle-back on the car. Prefer to maintain a deeper sound too

I’ve read a bunch of horror stories on the speed engineering and Texas speed versions. I think I’ll still try to find a used borla catless xpipe as well. Here’s hoping a couple people respond to your thread.

Shokwav 06-14-2023 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Sausage_Fingers (Post 1606737035)
I’ve read a bunch of horror stories on the speed engineering and Texas speed versions. I think I’ll still try to find a used borla catless xpipe as well. Here’s hoping a couple people respond to your thread.

what have you heard about the speed engineering? I can’t find hardy anything about it, good or bad.

Sausage_Fingers 06-15-2023 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Shokwav (Post 1606737136)
what have you heard about the speed engineering? I can’t find hardy anything about it, good or bad.

Mainly that the clamp quality is lacking so folks replace those, and that it comes in so many pieces as opposed to one continuous pipe. This creates opportunities for leaks at all the joints.

42ZED 06-15-2023 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Sausage_Fingers (Post 1606737815)
Mainly that the clamp quality is lacking so folks replace those, and that it comes in so many pieces as opposed to one continuous pipe. This creates opportunities for leaks at all the joints.

maybe you're refering to the EOS x-pipe because the speed engineering is clearly 1pc

Smokeyjr 06-15-2023 10:25 AM

X pipe

I have a corsa available

Sausage_Fingers 06-15-2023 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by 42ZED (Post 1606737871)
maybe you're refering to the EOS x-pipe because the speed engineering is clearly 1pc

I was, sorry I didn't specify that. I've been reading way too much on all the different cheaper x-pipe options lately.

42ZED 06-17-2023 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Sausage_Fingers (Post 1606738292)
I was, sorry I didn't specify that. I've been reading way too much on all the different cheaper x-pipe options lately.

I've been there, dude. It gets overwhelming after a while. The way i look at things are, we're talking about an x-pipe. Therefore, and in general, i apply mods by using a simple approach. If the borla made 5whp more vs the corsa vs LHT (LHT's testing), that falls within the variances of dyno pulls. In that particular case, we're talking about less than 1%. Therefore, I don't really care about that stuff. I'm simply looking for a bit more noise, so I feel that there's no need to overthink this process. Deeper vs raspy, or one being slightly lighter than the other?? Those particular differences don't matter to me. By all means... Search for the borla if that's what you or anybody else in this thread prefers because your opinion is that all matters in regards to how your money is spent. Myself, on the other hand, cut costs in regards to things like x-pipe purchases or say drop in air filters. Anyway, i took one for the team and bought the S/E. It won't be installed for a few weeks but I'll report back. I must also mention that i have no affiliation to Speed Engineering, I'm just cheap af sometimes. Lastly, the pipe weighs 16.6lbs still in bubble wrapping and 17.98lbs with all included hardware (2 clamps, 4 bolts and 4 nuts)

Sausage_Fingers 06-18-2023 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by 42ZED (Post 1606746676)
I've been there, dude. It gets overwhelming after a while. The way i look at things are, we're talking about an x-pipe. Therefore, and in general, i apply mods by using a simple approach. If the borla made 5whp more vs the corsa vs LHT (LHT's testing), that falls within the variances of dyno pulls. In that particular case, we're talking about less than 1%. Therefore, I don't really care about that stuff. I'm simply looking for a bit more noise, so I feel that there's no need to overthink this process. Deeper vs raspy, or one being slightly lighter than the other?? Those particular differences don't matter to me. By all means... Search for the borla if that's what you or anybody else in this thread prefers because your opinion is that all matters in regards to how your money is spent. Myself, on the other hand, cut costs in regards to things like x-pipe purchases or say drop in air filters. Anyway, i took one for the team and bought the S/E. It won't be installed for a few weeks but I'll report back. I must also mention that i have no affiliation to Speed Engineering, I'm just cheap af sometimes. Lastly, the pipe weighs 16.6lbs still in bubble wrapping and 17.98lbs with all included hardware (2 clamps, 4 bolts and 4 nuts)

Thank you for the information. I am all about doing things inexpensively whenever possible as well, which is why I appreciate your efforts to review the speed engineering pipe. I looked at their long tube header + x-pipe kit as well, along with cat delete pipes (which seem crazy expensive for what they are). My car is currently almost bone stock (MGW short throw and Soler throttle controller). I've only had it 3 weeks but looking to do minor exhaust and intake mods for a little extra grunt in hopes of running a high 10 second 1/4 when I take it to the strip.

Sausage_Fingers 06-19-2023 09:57 PM

Well boys, after a disappointing base line Dyno today (547.9/559) on my 17 M7, I pulled the trigger on the SE x-pipe. $275 shipped after tax. I'll be slapping that and the Halltech CAI in soon. I can also swap things out again later, and $275 to my door is cost effective. It was 87 F today and the car got on the Dyno straight from my driving it 30 mins to the shop, no cool down. Even so, I still expected a bit more. Time to mod I guess!

I will report back with any issues during installation if I encounter any.

42ZED 06-20-2023 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Sausage_Fingers (Post 1606753411)
Well boys, after a disappointing base line Dyno today (547.9/559) on my 17 M7, I pulled the trigger on the SE x-pipe. $275 shipped after tax. I'll be slapping that and the Halltech CAI in soon. I can also swap things out again later, and $275 to my door is cost effective. It was 87 F today and the car got on the Dyno straight from my driving it 30 mins to the shop, no cool down. Even so, I still expected a bit more. Time to mod I guess!

I will report back with any issues during installation if I encounter any.

Was that SAE? Back when I first started modding cars a a while ago, SAE was the standard measurement whereas now, most use STD as it reads a few percentages higher. Most people upload the chart with the higher number as opposed to SAE which utilizes a more precise correction factor. Anyway, I'd say your numbers are right in line with standard drivetain losses, which should land around 539/539. Don't worry about playing the number game. Just focus on the area under the curve. I wouldn't be disappointed in the slightest. Now you have a baseline to compare against post x-pipe and cai install

Sausage_Fingers 06-20-2023 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by 42ZED (Post 1606756045)
Was that SAE? Back when I first started modding cars a a while ago, SAE was the standard measurement whereas now, most use STD as it reads a few percentages higher. Most people upload the chart with the higher number as opposed to SAE which utilizes a more precise correction factor. Anyway, I'd say your numbers are right in line with standard drivetain losses, which should land around 539/539. Don't worry about playing the number game. Just focus on the area under the curve. I wouldn't be disappointed in the slightest. Now you have a baseline to compare against post x-pipe and cai install

yes. SAE smoothing factor 5, 87 degrees ambient, drove 30 mins with AC on to get there, threw it right on the dyno.

Mxer777jd 06-25-2023 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Sausage_Fingers (Post 1606757232)
yes. SAE smoothing factor 5, 87 degrees ambient, drove 30 mins with AC on to get there, threw it right on the dyno.

please keep us posted on the speed engineering x pipe

B.Ev 06-26-2023 01:28 AM

Can you ship to CA?

Sausage_Fingers 06-26-2023 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Mxer777jd (Post 1606774333)
please keep us posted on the speed engineering x pipe

Will do. It was delivered Sunday but haven't had time to look at it yet. Possibly later this week. I need to see if I can even get this car in the air with my low pro jack or if I'll need ramps.

Alekso 06-26-2023 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Sausage_Fingers (Post 1606775895)
Will do. It was delivered Sunday but haven't had time to look at it yet. Possibly later this week. I need to see if I can even get this car in the air with my low pro jack or if I'll need ramps.

Yeah I'm looking forward to an update as well im ready to pull the trigger on the speed engineering doubple helix xpipe. Even tho I'd prefer a single Xpipe like the discontinued Borla.

Sausage_Fingers 06-28-2023 07:37 PM

Well gents, I opened the pipe today and it looks nice. 16.8 lbs on bathroom scale for the pipe itself. 18.0 w/ included clamps, nuts, bolts. I’m new to the vette game, so realized today I didn’t have Jack pucks. Ordered, and will arrive tomorrow. So I hope to get the pipe on tomorrow and will report back.

Edit: another setback. My low pro jack isn't low enough to get the car up without hitting side skirts. I may try driving it onto boards or picking up a longer jack.

Sausage_Fingers 06-29-2023 11:37 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I picked up another low profile, long reach jack today as my low profile aluminum jack still hit the side skirt when attempting to raise the car. After that and the pucks, I was able to get the x-pipe in today. I can tell you that you won't enjoy doing this on jack stands like I did. The stock x-pipe weighed 26 lbs on my bathroom scale, a difference of 8 lbs. The welds, finish, included hardware, etc. all looked fine to me. As for sound, I think it sounds great. It's definitely louder than stock, not crazy loud though. I honestly can't imagine how loud long tubes must be after hearing this. All in all, I'd say this is a great buy for the $275 I paid after tax/shipping. I have zero regrets.

I'm happy to answer any other questions anyone has, just let me know.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...d25aabf939.jpg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...dfba54ad41.jpg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...65b1a6fd81.jpg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...584f33d1fc.jpg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...f53dd43594.jpg

Franco Jennings 06-30-2023 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Sausage_Fingers (Post 1606789754)
I picked up another low profile, long reach jack today as my low profile aluminum jack still hit the side skirt when attempting to raise the car. After that and the pucks, I was able to get the x-pipe in today. I can tell you that you won't enjoy doing this on jack stands like I did. The stock x-pipe weighed 26 lbs on my bathroom scale, a difference of 8 lbs. The welds, finish, included hardware, etc. all looked fine to me. As for sound, I think it sounds great. It's definitely louder than stock, not crazy loud though. I honestly can't imagine how loud long tubes must be after hearing this. All in all, I'd say this is a great buy for the $275 I paid after tax/shipping. I have zero regrets.

I would put money on it EOS and Speed Engineering get their X pipe from the same supplier, they’re identical. Selling mine for $100+ shipping probably under 500 miles on it. Just did long tubes.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...2642a8ac6.jpeg

Alekso 06-30-2023 12:35 AM

Speed Engineering is all one piece where the EOS is a two piece design. I personally would get the SE xpipe just because there are less possible leak points.

Franco Jennings 06-30-2023 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by Alekso (Post 1606789848)
Speed Engineering is all one piece where the EOS is a two piece design. I personally would get the SE xpipe just because there are less possible leak points.

I feel like an idiot, no clue how I missed that in the photo 🤣

Mxer777jd 06-30-2023 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Sausage_Fingers (Post 1606789754)

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...d25aabf939.jpg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...dfba54ad41.jpg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...65b1a6fd81.jpg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...584f33d1fc.jpg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...f53dd43594.jpg

Any chance you could send some sound clips? 563. 2Zero3. Zero393

Sausage_Fingers 06-30-2023 09:20 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Mxer777jd (Post 1606790133)
Any chance you could send some sound clips? 563. 2Zero3. Zero393

I attached an after clip on my last post. Here's a before/stock clip. Difficult to tell the difference from the clips in my opinion. Easier to tell a difference in person.

Shokwav 06-30-2023 10:14 AM

Fit was good with the SE x pipe? That’s been my biggest fear is getting under there and finding it needs to be modified to fit correctly.
it definitely sounds louder in your vids. Is there much change in sound driving around or just at idle?

Sausage_Fingers 06-30-2023 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Shokwav (Post 1606790707)
Fit was good with the SE x pipe? That’s been my biggest fear is getting under there and finding it needs to be modified to fit correctly.
it definitely sounds louder in your vids. Is there much change in sound driving around or just at idle?

Fitment was fine. In my experience, exhaust mods always require a bit of wiggling things to get them to fit, and this was no different. Just wiggle/push in the desired direction, tighten bolts a bit, rinse, repeat. I reused my factory donut gaskets; I'd recommend replacing those. I didn't have any so I reused mine and my car only has 6K miles on it. so I wasn't too worried. End result was everything seated properly, no bumping/rubbing/leaking.

It is definitely louder driving around, but it's more noticable on cold start or anytime you get the revs up. Again, valves closed and you can't tell a difference which is nice IMHO.

Rusty29 07-10-2023 09:00 AM

Still looking

Mxer777jd 07-10-2023 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Rusty29 (Post 1606821423)
Still looking

I'm still looking yes.

Ex_F-Body_Enthusiast 07-11-2023 02:43 PM

Just to chime in with another positive review: Last week, I installed this Speed Engineering "Double Helix" X-Pipe on my wife's 2019 Grand Sport M7. We used Race Ramps up front and 3 ton jackstands in the rear to raise the car off the garage floor. This is a very nice high quality single piece design and the fitment is perfect. Just make sure you check for leaks; I had to torque down the rear band clamps very tightly to get them to seal. And I replaced the front donut gaskets with Fel-Pro PN 61013 that I purchased on eBay for about $18/apiece. The sound is much improved with open valves and by the seat of the pants it feels like it pulls noticeably harder through the gears. Overall, its a great bang for the buck mod for only $249.00 + shipping.

42ZED 07-12-2023 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Rusty29 (Post 1606821423)
Still looking

we should probably notify the mods to clean up thiis wtb thread because it's turned into a speed engineering discussion

Rusty29 07-17-2023 11:51 PM

bump

Rusty29 08-01-2023 08:47 AM

Bump

TheFunDoc 08-02-2023 02:32 PM

I will be taking off a 60547. Still have the same box I got it from. Will be ready to ship. Dm me if interested.

Racer1735 09-29-2023 07:59 PM

The Borla 60547 is the older 'no-cat' version, correct? Does it mate to the OEM headers and exhaust?
If so, I'm interested. PM w/price+shipping if its still available.

Pineapple 09-29-2023 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Racer1735 (Post 1607094653)
The Borla 60547 is the older 'no-cat' version, correct? Does it mate to the OEM headers and exhaust?
If so, I'm interested. PM w/price+shipping if it’s still available.

Correct, the 60547 is the catless x-pipe that everyone is after these days. Direct swap, no cutting necessary and yes it mates between the headers and exhaust.