CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   Best Street Tire for Traction and for the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ~!!! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/1039082-best-street-tire-for-traction-and-for-the.html)

UpToVT 03-15-2005 12:58 PM

Best Street Tire for Traction and for the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ~!!!

I am looking to upgrade my c5 coupe RUNCRAPS !!

I am dumping money into many mods and tires are on this years to do list. Money is a little limited for a 26 y.o. and I want to know what is the best street tire for traction ( a little rain ) and for the MONEY !@!@@!!

Whats the best best for the money......

nwdanner 03-15-2005 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by UpToVT
I am looking to upgrade my c5 coupe RUNCRAPS !!

I am dumping money into many mods and tires are on this years to do list. Money is a little limited for a 26 y.o. and I want to know what is the best street tire for traction ( a little rain ) and for the MONEY !@!@@!!

Whats the best best for the money......

I replaced my runcraps with the Goodyear F1 GS D3 non-runflat tires. Superbly smooth ride, excellent dry and wet traction... :thumbs:

tk97 03-15-2005 01:34 PM

Toyo Proxes T1-S. Great tire, IMO. They work well in the wet, and have great grip in the dry. Another good tire is the Dunlop 9000's. But I think the Toyo's are the way to go. Only drawback to these tires are that they aren't runflats.

:cheers:

MY1STPEWTER 03-15-2005 02:00 PM

Another tire that dosen't cost as much as the Goodyears that gets lots of good reviews is the Kumho Mx's. You could go to TireRack.com and read the reviews of different tires. You can get the price, treadwear and read many many reviews of people that have used them.

killaz 03-15-2005 02:07 PM

Toyo T1s

5 Liter Eater 03-15-2005 02:51 PM

Kumho MX's. Can't beat them for the money! Heat them up a little and they get pretty sticky.

Blowtorch 03-15-2005 03:17 PM

I just purchased a set of Goodyear F-1 GS-D3's. Only been on the car less than a week so I can't tell you much about performance but they have already popped a few eyeballs in the looks department :cool:

I stay on the street as well and I was looking for a good riding quiet tire and I did a great deal of research ( on here and elsewhere) and the GSD3 got more positive mentions than any other tire. I've heard varying reports of lifespan on this tire but I think that has a lot to do with how you drive. I'm pretty sure they will outlast a Khumo!

One warning....they aren't exactly cheap! I'm hoping they last long enough that it will balance out.

1230'sc5 03-15-2005 03:26 PM

I put on the Toyo proxies last summer, great ride and they hook up real well even on the few cold days that I have driven this winter.

Benpup 03-15-2005 03:37 PM

I have Sumatomas EMTs.
They are great in the dry and on the wet. :D
Have 10K on them and they look almost new.

CarsRFun 03-15-2005 04:34 PM

just got GSD3's on mine great wet traction and great dry... cant go wrong!!