CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 Tech (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-tech-1/)
-   -   SALE Mini Tub Kit (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-tech/1063716-sale-mini-tub-kit.html)

21STCENTURYMUSCLECAR 04-13-2005 05:06 PM

SALE Mini Tub Kit

Lingenfelter C5 Corvette Mini Tubs

Fits all 1997-2004 Corvette models and allows the installation of giant 345 series tires. Custom made wheel well tubs allow a factory looking installation of up to 345 series tires on the rear of your Corvette. The kit includes custom molded black plastic inner wheel well liners & and interior fiberglass extension panels. Also included: shock travel limiters, shock brackets and fastener kit.

Installation requires cutting of factory plastic floor pan and bonding new extension panels to floor. Inner wheel well liners are a bolt in item using OEM style fasteners. Some minor carpet trimming required. Minor shock modifications are required. Maximum suggested sizes for wheels and tires are 345/30-19 tires and 19x12 wheels. Wheels must be built with correct offset to ensure the tire does not protrude past the edge of the fender.

Mini Tubs Corvette C5 1997-2004 $895.00
SALE $795

Twenty First Century Muscle Cars
Authorized Lingenfelter Performance Dealer
www.21stcenturymusclecars.com
972-417-7177

kromberg 04-13-2005 05:36 PM

Any chance of just ordering the "black plastic inner wheel well liners & and interior fiberglass extension panels"?

Keith

7LitreC5 04-13-2005 08:43 PM

I sure wish that LPE would modify this kit so that it would allow us coupe owners to retain the storage capability for the targa top.

If they did that I'd be the first in line to buy it!

professorhp 04-13-2005 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by VortechC5
I sure wish that LPE would modify this kit so that it would allow us coupe owners to retain the storage capability for the targa top.

You dont have to tubb a full two inches. I put mine about 1/2 away from the targa storage mounts. I am still able to run an 18X12 with 335's and they dont stick out like a set of dog balls either.

Go for it. :D

Jerseyboy 04-13-2005 11:49 PM

I have seen people make stands that hold the targa top up over the tubs. It may be an option for you.

Jersey

supercoupe01 04-14-2005 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by professorhp
You dont have to tubb a full two inches. I put mine about 1/2 away from the targa storage mounts. I am still able to run an 18X12 with 335's and they dont stick out like a set of dog balls either.

I used their kit this winter and slightly modified it so that my top will fit. I have 19 x 13 with 355's on the back. It is a great kit. I don't think they recommend doing it for safety reasons. I have a roll bar between me and the top and reinforced the areas near the mounts.

7LitreC5 04-14-2005 07:26 AM

No kidding? Do the inner fender liners that come in the kit still fit if you do that?

Originally Posted by professorhp

7LitreC5 04-14-2005 07:28 AM

Do either of you have any pictures of how you made the kit work with the targa top mounts?

Originally Posted by supercoupe01
I used their kit this winter and slightly modified it so that my top will fit. I have 19 x 13 with 355's on the back. It is a great kit. I don't think they recommend doing it for safety reasons. I have a roll bar between me and the top and reinforced the areas near the mounts.

professorhp 04-14-2005 08:57 AM

No kidding? Do the inner fender liners that come in the kit still fit if you do that?

Sure do, and Im pretty sure nothing had to be trimmed.

Do either of you have any pictures of how you made the kit work with the targa top mounts?
I only have pictures of the finished product. I did not think to document the process. But have no fear...go for it :D . That is a smoking deal on the kit!

PHP

Mike04 04-14-2005 09:15 AM

Pictures would be great :bigears

supercoupe01 04-14-2005 09:18 AM

Send me your e-mail address and I will shoot you over some pictures.

Allthrottleandsomebottle 04-14-2005 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by kromberg
Any chance of just ordering the "black plastic inner wheel well liners Keith

:iagree:
Any chance John?
I have talked to some of the LPE boys at shows.......they never said no :D but never gave me a $$$ either
Steve

7LitreC5 04-14-2005 09:36 AM

supercoupe01, I PMed you my email.

So, were you both able to use the inner fender liners with your modified tubs?

I have been wondering if the kit could be modified for use with the targa brackets. I just did not want to be the first one to try it...

Thanks for sharing the info!

F1_SS 04-14-2005 10:20 AM

How mych more would it be for install? Complete kit + install?

Allthrottleandsomebottle 04-14-2005 10:48 AM

supercoupe01, I PMed you my email.
So, were you both able to use the inner fender liners with your modified tubs?
I have been wondering if the kit could be modified for use with the targa brackets. I just did not want to be the first one to try it...
Thanks for sharing the info!

Yes, we kept the OEM liners & added rubber to close the gap.It does rub a little but it should with 345/35/18s at full launch
You can look at page 13 & 14 of "my photos" to see some of the rubber
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/phot...0/ppuser/11247
To see the tub install showing the top in the back look at pages 5,6,& 7 of BLONDE C5 photos:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/phot...00&ppuser=8187

Here is 1 pic of my roll bar and enough room for the top to go in with the 2" tub complete :D

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/phot...BEHIND-med.jpg
Would LOVE to buy LPE's liners....they look OEM :thumbs:

7LitreC5 04-15-2005 08:21 AM

Thanks everyone who provided answers to my question and pictures. It was very helpful information.

kromberg 04-15-2005 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by ALLTHROTTLE&NOBOTTLE

:iagree:

If only they would take our money :D

Keith

97C5ENVY 04-15-2005 10:09 AM

Count me in for a set of liners.....if they will ever sell them outside the kit.

xtream1 04-15-2005 08:07 PM

Yes, we kept the OEM liners & added rubber to close the gap.It does rub a little but it should with 345/35/18s at full launch....

And in previous threads you were insisting that they didn't rub at all contrary to my personal experience. :rolleyes:

Allthrottleandsomebottle 04-15-2005 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by xtream1
And in previous threads you were insisting that they didn't rub at all contrary to my personal experience. :rolleyes:

And thats because my rubber is twice as thick than the liner in the 2 places it just touches with 345/35/18s under very few conditions......I posted lots of pictures so you may want to look and read closer ........I doubt very seriously you drive your car as far/hard as I do mine :D