CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Car Care Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/car-care-discussion-10/)
-   -   Black car owners only...which wax repels dirt best allowing easier quick cleanup? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/car-care-discussion/1084122-black-car-owners-only-which-wax-repels-dirt-best-allowing-easier-quick-cleanup.html)

UNKNOWN 05-08-2005 09:44 AM

Black car owners only...which wax repels dirt best allowing easier quick cleanup?

All finishing cocktails are different...which mix allows for easiest /quickest touchup? (for dusting) As black shows more I will sacrifice shine for ease. I know this is not the right section to post this thread, but would like the most feedback. Have a second choice too?

Thanks, black car forum members!! :flag: :cool: :bigears

schilitj 05-08-2005 09:46 AM

If you can find a dirt repellant, let us all know. I use Maguiers and it makes the car sparkle. However, 1/2 mile down the road the dust is back.

:)

TJsToy 05-08-2005 10:06 AM

Everyone runs into the same problem and everyone has their own experiences and opinions with various products.... :yesnod:

I use Zaino on my Black C6 and Meguiars on my Black Silverado....and there's no differnce in collecting dust or dirt..... :(

:D

UNKNOWN 05-08-2005 10:06 AM

:lol: I found a plastic bag that was big enough to go all the way around it, but it was hard to see thru and made a wind buffet over 75 mph... :lol: :seeya :beatdeadhorse:

Jason 05-08-2005 10:11 AM

http://www.docsjags.com/carcapsule/cover.jpg

Anthony Orosco 05-08-2005 04:03 PM

There is no such animal.....unless you can find a product that produces a negative charge. Other than that you just have to live with dust.

Anthony

C5corvetteman 05-08-2005 05:35 PM

Used Zaino's first...then wanted to try NXT....

Used NXT for several months,,,,but it collected trapped road lint and dust badly.....so, I went back to Zaino's.....

never looked back

Zaino's......without a doubt.

KCMOTOXXX 05-08-2005 06:15 PM

The Wax Shop has an Anti-Static detail spray that works better than just polish or wax. Leaves a very nice wet shine too. Still seem to get dust on the rear more than any other area. Good Luck! KC

TOPGUN9 05-08-2005 07:34 PM

I have a black '99 coupe that is my DD ever since I bought it new. It is my 4th black car, having previously owned three black 5.0 Mustangs. This black C5 collects dust ten times worse than my black Mustangs, but it is the best and fastest street car I've ever owned. I wash it every week to minimize the dust problem. But I'll tell ya, it's worth it! :thumbs:

ZaneO 05-08-2005 08:48 PM

The key to controlling dust build-up is properly caring for your towels. NEVER dry them on anything above low heat. Preventing static charge on your towels and on your finish will be the best solution.

Jason 05-08-2005 11:45 PM

Never leave home without a California Duster.

Z0SLIK 05-09-2005 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by TJsToy
Everyone runs into the same problem and everyone has their own experiences and opinions with various products.... :yesnod:

I use Zaino on my Black C6 and Meguiars on my Black Silverado....and there's no differnce in collecting dust or dirt..... :(

:D

I agree!!

KLO 05-09-2005 11:05 AM

I would say in general that carnaubas and glazes attract more dust than synthetic waxes.

Jason 05-09-2005 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by KLO
I would say in general that carnaubas and glazes attract more dust than synthetic waxes.

Why?

58Vette65 05-09-2005 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by KLO

I believe it is just the opposite, synthetic attract more dust. My experience with synthetics is there is a lot more static electricity generated put them on and with the airflow when being driven which attracts the dust. The morning sun comes though my window in the garage and you can see dust going sideways toward the car with synthetic polished. The oils in glazes and carnaubas just don’t generate that kind of static so attracts less dust.

C5SilverBullet 05-09-2005 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by 58Vette65
I believe it is just the opposite, synthetic attract more dust. My experience with synthetics is there is a lot more static electricity generated put them on and with the airflow when being driven which attracts the dust. The morning sun comes though my window in the garage and you can see dust going sideways toward the car with synthetic polished. The oils in glazes and carnaubas just don’t generate that kind of static so attracts less dust.

I am going to have to disagee, based on the arguments provided by Dr. Edward Meguiar's dustamentry synthetical theory of automotive detailtorian dustic attractivity thesis.

jrc27 05-09-2005 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by C5SilverBullet
I am going to have to disagee, based on the arguments provided by Dr. Edward Meguiar's dustamentry synthetical theory of automotive detailtorian dustic attractivity thesis.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

58Vette65 05-09-2005 12:37 PM

That is probably true NTX and other products by Meguiar's does attract a LOT LOT less dust than most synthetic.
:party: :lol:

C5SilverBullet 05-09-2005 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by 58Vette65
That is probably true NTX and other products by Meguiar's does attract a LOT LOT less dust than most synthetic.
:party: :lol:

You can't argue with holy grail of auto detailing.

Jason 05-09-2005 12:53 PM

You can't argue with holy grail of auto detailing.

It's dustamentry. :yesnod: