CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C3s for Sale/Wanted (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3s-for-sale-wanted-56/)
-   -   Guess what the price is? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3s-for-sale-wanted/1162972-guess-what-the-price-is.html)

ZEEEE06 08-16-2005 04:30 PM

Guess what the price is?

Don't you just love all the ads posted here that don't have a price? I think it should be mandatory to have a price in the ad when posting on this forum. Just my opinion.

DropTopBigBlock 08-16-2005 05:13 PM

Some people might not want to hang it out there: if you're interested in the car, it doesn't take a lot of effort to write an email. if you think the price is too high, you ain't gotta write back.

just my .02

ZEEEE06 08-16-2005 06:26 PM

So if you're trying to sell a car, what's the problem with telling people what you want for it?

Jclgodale3 08-16-2005 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by ZEEEE06
So if you're trying to sell a car, what's the problem with telling people what you want for it?

Nothing...they can give you the price through email or pm...

MidShark 08-16-2005 07:38 PM

I figure if they're trying to sell a car and won't even tell you the price, what else might they not want to tell you? :rolleyes:

Rich

jlelec 08-16-2005 09:20 PM

If they are ashamed to publish the price, they probably been watching Barrett Jackson too much! :lol:

Jclgodale3 08-16-2005 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by jlelec
If they are ashamed to publish the price, they probably been watching Barrett Jackson too much! :lol:

Set of original 71 Black doorpanels. Not broken up. $1500 Firm or PM/Email me for the actual price... :lol:

SharkAttack 08-17-2005 08:30 AM

Don't you just love all the ads posted here that don't have a price? I think it should be mandatory to have a price in the ad when posting on this forum. Just my opinion.

I agree overall. How many big ticket items (e.g. $5K or more) do you typically purchase without first knowing or seeing the price? Sellers should at least provide a price range.

Jclgodale3 08-17-2005 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by SharkAttack
I agree overall. How many big ticket items (e.g. $5K or more) do you typically purchase without first knowing or seeing the price? Sellers should at least provide a price range.

geeesh...ok $50-$1500 for the door panels :lolg:

SharkAttack 08-18-2005 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Jclgodale3
geeesh...ok $50-$1500 for the door panels :lolg:

LOL - I saw that one coming. OK, how about a price range that deviates no more than 15% above and below your desired price? :)

bamavettes 08-18-2005 07:05 PM

Always been my policy. They don't give the price. I don't waste my time contacting them.

I look somewhere else........

Jclgodale3 08-18-2005 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by bamavettes
Always been my policy. They don't give the price. I don't waste my time contacting them.

as is each individuals choice when a specific price is not posted... :thumbs:

VetBoyZR1 08-18-2005 11:44 PM

This is a good place to learn how NOT to word a car ad.

Jclgodale3 08-18-2005 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by VetBoyZR1
This is a good place to learn how NOT to word a car ad.

also...how to "not learn" how to negotiate a good price...I don't believe typing a simple "how much?" in an email or pm is that difficult if truly interested :leaving:

lucky76 08-18-2005 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by bamavettes

:iagree: Why waste my time trying to find out what they want for it.

mengbar 08-19-2005 07:29 AM

I Agree With ZEEEE06

Here here ZEEEE06! I've never really stated it....but you hit the nail on the head. I hate having to guess if I can afford something...put you price on the post. Don't waste my time and yours.

I shop based on price....always. I have not reached the summit in my life that affords me the option of....just buying it....it was a great deal. Right! When pigs fly.

I like to read about the sweet star wars dollar cars...but can't stand smoke screen pricing when I'm thinking about purchasing something. Thats used car lot techniques of drawing in a sucker.

Let the car sell itself and put the price on the window (post) and seperate the "think I cans" from the "know I can'ts".

:cheers: :iagree:

KALAWAY 08-19-2005 07:47 AM

No price? I always look somewhere else.

GrandSportC3 08-19-2005 08:26 AM

:iagree:

Well, I usually don't even bother asking.. If the price isn't specified, the car is usually overpriced...
Same thing for Ebay cars with reserve price or high starting bid... Wouldn't even consider them

Madmikeee 08-19-2005 11:18 AM

I listed a price, pictures, and complete disclosure on the car and I have yet to get one peep :(

Jeff Garner 08-19-2005 02:06 PM

If the price is not listed, I go to one that is for sale. I don't want to hunt you down to ask the price. It usually means it's overpriced, ashamed to list the price, or you must go through a ration of jargon before they will even tell you what they are asking. Red flag for me because I employ my BS detector. My .02