CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06-136/)
-   -   [Z06] 2006 Z06 Dyno with LG Pro Long Tube Headers (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06/1197501-2006-z06-dyno-with-lg-pro-long-tube-headers.html)

C6400hp 09-28-2005 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Zlicious
Holy Sh*t!!!!!

:iagree:

anybody want to loan me 20k? I NEEEEEED a Z06..... :thumbs:

Pio 09-28-2005 10:46 PM

CAM! CAM! CAM! CAM! CAM! Oh, and uhhhh..... TUNING! TUNING! TUNING! TUNING! Hello 500 to the wheels real soon!!! :cheers: :cheers:

Z06LUST 09-28-2005 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by 07Z06RN
Am I reading this right? Up to 40 freaking hp and 50 ft-lbs with just long tubes? That's awesome ! :cool: :cheers: :flag:

NO--great gains but the gain is about 30rwhp NOT 40....please go back and read the original post...He states the original number of 443 was LOW due to heat soak and for an accurate comparision you have to look at the 3rd and 4th runs--not the 1st....the apparent gain on the 3 run being the 'equaol' heat soak run is from 443 to 473...thats 30 --still very cooollll!!!

Empatho 09-28-2005 10:48 PM

I say you dont need the cam to get 500 to the wheels with a good tune and intake it should be there

Z06LUST 09-28-2005 10:49 PM

[QUOTE=LG Motorsports]

"Hi guys,

ok Results. First I have to clarify some knowledge that I gained in the last 24 hours. Without being able to tune the PCM, Temperature makes a big difference. I am sure that Temperature also lowered our Base line numbers also. So the 443rwhp would have been higher had we cooled the car down more before we did 2 runs back to back.

Here is all the information for you to digest. the temp on the 3rd or 4th after pull was about equal to the baseline pull, so use this information wisely. " End quote

Great gains--original numbers to 3rd pull--for an accurate comparison

BlaznZ06 09-28-2005 10:51 PM

:cool: :D Things just keep on getting better.

tkrussell 09-28-2005 10:53 PM

Reminds one of the HP gains on the 1969 L88 427 Vette with just adding Headers. Felt the difference with the seat of your pants.

Only difference is the new Z06 is civilized... Air Conditioning, Good Sound System, and Tires that would make an L88 owner green with envy.

Dr Octane 09-28-2005 11:00 PM

Is it theoretically possible that with a good tune, good intake, and LG long-tube headers, it would be possible to get 500rwhp?

vetterlatethannever 09-28-2005 11:01 PM

Using the 3rd pull numbers and the 12.5% loss, that puts the flywheel HP at 541.6!!! Torque goes to 511.3 :D

So is this thing underrated?? Think about it, the heat soaked motor produced rated numbers with drivetrain loss at 12.5%. It seems logical that the numbers will be higher on a cooler motor which means either A) car IS underrated or B) the drivetrain loss is less than 12.5% which is possible but physics-wise seems less likely.

phantasms 09-28-2005 11:02 PM

i'm shocked it makes that much power....the stock system looks pretty darn good.

1st step....sell my LG headers off my Z06

2nd step...buy your new C6 Z06 headers.

3rd step...get the car and install them that day.

BTW....can you please do some dyno runs with the exaust valves open the whole time so we can see the difference. I'm amazed I'm the only one asking for this.

vstella 09-28-2005 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
....All this information is with our LG pro Long Tube system WITH cats.[/B]

...and for those of us where emissions are NOT an issue ..Will the eliminations of the cats all together code and distort any increase in power? :rolleyes:

In Florida ..we don't need no stinkin' cats.. :yesnod: Please advise..

Louis @ LG Motorsports 09-28-2005 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Dr Octane
Is it theoretically possible that with a good tune, good intake, and LG long-tube headers, it would be possible to get 500rwhp?

Very possible. We do not know what was going on with the engine perameters because this is the first 06 GM car we have had our hands on.

It will be possible with the remaining mods like airfilter, good tune, pully, and ported TB.

We are working hard to extract every ounce of HP out of it :thumbs:

We do have some video, working on that now but I cannot promise that tonight :cheers:

Louis

Zlicious 09-28-2005 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Louis @ LG Motorsports
Very possible. We do not know what was going on with the engine perameters because this is the first 06 GM car we have had our hands on.

It will be possible with the remaining mods like airfilter, good tune, pully, and ported TB.

We are working hard to extract every ounce of HP out of it :thumbs:

We do have some video, working on that now but I cannot promise that tonight :cheers:

Louis

I guess now it makes sense as to why W2W got a higher baseline dyno number. They must have let the car completely cool down before strapping it to the dyno.

DDSLT5 09-28-2005 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by vetterlatethannever
Using the 3rd pull numbers and the 12.5% loss, that puts the flywheel HP at 541.6!!! Torque goes to 511.3 :D

So is this thing underrated?? Think about it, the heat soaked motor produced rated numbers with drivetrain loss at 12.5%. It seems logical that the numbers will be higher on a cooler motor which means either A) car IS underrated or B) the drivetrain loss is less than 12.5% which is possible but physics-wise seems less likely.

The rating is with all STOCK components - once you remove manifolds and install headers, output will change. Not rocket science.

I'm not surprised at all with the power jump with headers. I said this earlier. Think about it kids - 427 cubes with some of the slickest heads on the market. With a proper tune and headers, 500 rwhp and tq is easily met. Add a cam, and 550 rwhp is a breeze. My 415 LT5 makes 483 rwtq, and 555 rwhp - with 12 extra cubes and heads that flow just as well, we can expect some huge numbers with a cam/tune/headers. This car is a monster! :thumbs:

vetterlatethannever 09-28-2005 11:23 PM

10.7%

If I did it right, the difference between the 3rd pull and the 1st pull for the 1st pull to equal the 3rd pull's FWHP would only be a 10.7% loss. Which would put the cold stock engines RWHP at 451 for a cold pull. (451/.893=505.04 if the 10.7 stays constant) So lets take the 451 and do the 12.5% average loss and we get 515 FWHP, still close to the certified tolerances.

Wow, I need sleep, and this car is going to keep me excited for a while tonight. :D I don't know if that math made any sense, if it is wrong, please don't grill me, it is just my mind working the numbers as it does so often and I desparately need sleep :crazy:

Goodnight all and thanks Lou for these dyno numbers!!!!

Joe aka Vetter

DT 09-28-2005 11:27 PM

Hey Lou!

Nice job, great info, etc., etc. :D

So these are a custom set of LG headers with the modified 3" connection to the exhaust - otherwise they are the 1-3/4" model correct? Not a 1-7/8"? (I'm not even sure you guys make a 1-7/8" primary header?)

Also some people were speculating about big giant 2" primaries for the LS7 - is that too much header? Doesn't an NA motor need a touch of backpressure for good TQ?

Thanks!

vetterlatethannever 09-28-2005 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by DDSLT5
The rating is with all STOCK components - once you remove manifolds and install headers, output will change. Not rocket science.

Huh?? I know the rating is with stock components. My concern is with the initial STOCK dyno with the heat soked number. We all are already assuming this is a low number due to the heatsoak (which is why we are comparing the 3rd heatsoaked pull on the header swap to the original dyno numbers)

Sooooo. We all speculate that the Zs RWHP dyno will increase with a cold motor, which means either the drivetrain loss will drop (below 12.5%, unlikely with beefier parts, tires, etc.) or the (this) car is slightly underrated. :thumbs:

CDH76 09-28-2005 11:32 PM

Lou lets see those cats come off!!! :thumbs: Just for a dyno run or two? :yesnod:

LG Motorsports 09-28-2005 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Zlicious
I guess now it makes sense as to why W2W got a higher baseline dyno number. They must have let the car completely cool down before strapping it to the dyno.

Or, since it was a pre production car, they may have had PCM tuning that the production cars have.

I am sure that tuning will be the "Bomb".

Cats, Now we run a good metal substrate cat which only seems to kill 3-5 rwhp. My personal car will be Catless.

Thanks.

LG

Zlicious 09-28-2005 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
Or, since it was a pre production car, they may have had PCM tuning that the production cars have.

I am sure that tuning will be the "Bomb".

Cats, Now we run a good metal substrate cat which only seems to kill 3-5 rwhp. My personal car will be Catless.

Thanks.

LG

Looking forward for the video, Lou.

When I get my car, you will be the first to get a phone call to place an order..:thumbs: