CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 Tech (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-tech-1/)
-   -   chassis lube points (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-tech/1236313-chassis-lube-points.html)

PaPaChoc 11-16-2005 09:54 PM

chassis lube points

Does any one have a lube chart showing where the chassis is supposed to be greased? Or is it any on a C5?
Thanks

rws.1 11-16-2005 09:56 PM

None on OEM car ... only if you have put on aftermarket suspension parts with grease zerks

C66 Racing 11-16-2005 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by rws.1
None on OEM car ... only if you have put on aftermarket suspension parts with grease zerks

:iagree:

Pretty easy, eh?

PaPaChoc 11-17-2005 07:37 AM

Well thanks Guys. Just wanted to be sure. I'm from the old school where you had to grease them about ever 1000 miles or so or the wheels would fall off.

C66 Racing 11-17-2005 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by PaPaChoc
Well thanks Guys. Just wanted to be sure. I'm from the old school where you had to grease them about ever 1000 miles or so or the wheels would fall off.

Wheel bearings on the car are sealed units that will last the life of the car for most guys. However, if you track your car regularly, they develop play and will likely need to be periodically replaced. I change out my wheel bearings, which come as a composite unit complete with the ABS sensor, about annually. Their not cheap either, about $400 a wheel. :eek:

Ttop34 11-17-2005 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Subdriver
Their not cheap either, about $400 a wheel. :eek:

Are you buying them from GM? Why not use the ones from Autozone? Those come with a warranty so if they go out, just take them back and get replacements!

PaPaChoc 11-17-2005 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Subdriver
Wheel bearings on the car are sealed units that will last the life of the car for most guys. However, if you track your car regularly, they develop play and will likely need to be periodically replaced. I change out my wheel bearings, which come as a composite unit complete with the ABS sensor, about annually. Their not cheap either, about $400 a wheel. :eek:

I guess they are just making all cars where you can't work on them! My son had the front wheel bearings replaced on his Grand Prix and the mech. said they were $250 per wheel, $600 parts and labor! I thought he was ripping us off till he said it comes in a complete unit with all that ABS Stuff on it!

C66 Racing 11-17-2005 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Ttop34
Are you buying them from GM? Why not use the ones from Autozone? Those come with a warranty so if they go out, just take them back and get replacements!

I had been. Since I last bought a set, I've learned about the autozone ones. I may check them out this winter as I'll likely replace all four before next spring. :cheers: