CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   My seats are popping! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/1240252-my-seats-are-popping.html)

JACKAL0PE 11-22-2005 01:20 AM

My seats are popping!

No, this isn't the infamous "rocking seat". This is another problem.

If I push back in my seat (getting out my wallet or reaching into the back for something), I'll hear a pop and one or both sides of my seat back will go back a notch or two. Sometimes it's difficult to get the seat back adjusted where it's the same on both sides.

I'm sure there's some plastic gear thingy in there that I need to replace, but I've never heard anyone say anything about it. Any ideas?

Aatcntrl1 11-22-2005 06:15 AM

Man, I hope someone knows I have the same problem...

JACKAL0PE 11-22-2005 07:14 PM

Bump!

Annnnybody?

OUR97 11-22-2005 07:18 PM

I'm not sure if this is it, but I have both seats out right now for replacement of the upholstry. (that's another whole story). I found that the back of the seat was doing strange things as you mentioned. There is a cable mounted around a semi-circular tab that allows adjustment of the seat back. Somehow that cable came off the tab and the seat back wouldn't adjust or slipped or even did nothing. This may be the case with your popping sound. The seats have to be removed to get at it. This will give you a good excuse to vacuum up the crumbs and find all the loose change you lost. :) If that cable is attached, then poke around and see what you can find. Good luck.

JACKAL0PE 11-22-2005 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by OUR97
I'm not sure if this is it, but I have both seats out right now for replacement of the upholstry. (that's another whole story). I found that the back of the seat was doing strange things as you mentioned. There is a cable mounted around a semi-circular tab that allows adjustment of the seat back. Somehow that cable came off the tab and the seat back wouldn't adjust or slipped or even did nothing. This may be the case with your popping sound. The seats have to be removed to get at it. This will give you a good excuse to vacuum up the crumbs and find all the loose change you lost. :) If that cable is attached, then poke around and see what you can find. Good luck.

Thanks. That's some help. Mine isn't quite like that though. The adjustment works fine. It just won't hold the seatback in place if you push on it. It'll fall back on one or both sides at least a notch. But must be something to do with that cable mounted around a semi-circular tab you're talking about. Wonder if you can get replacement parts for it?

ronnie948 11-22-2005 09:17 PM

B 2606 H code ?????

My seat don't pop and seems to work OK but I have a code on A6 SCM that says "B 2606 H that will not reset. It just stays on code all of the time.
B 2606 H = seat rear vertical position sensor failure
Whatever that means.
Anybody have a clue??????

Stangkiller 11-22-2005 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by JACKAL0PE
No, this isn't the infamous "rocking seat". This is another problem.

If I push back in my seat (getting out my wallet or reaching into the back for something), I'll hear a pop and one or both sides of my seat back will go back a notch or two. Sometimes it's difficult to get the seat back adjusted where it's the same on both sides.

I'm sure there's some plastic gear thingy in there that I need to replace, but I've never heard anyone say anything about it. Any ideas?

I have this problem, and was trying to describe it to somebody today.

Let me know what the fix is!
:cheers:
Chris

jrose7004 11-23-2005 12:15 AM

Mine has been doing that for about a year!

TheDVS1 11-23-2005 12:30 AM

This is a fairly common malady, AFAIK. This has happened to my seat a couple of times while reaching for my wallet or something behind the seats. I just pull up on the recline adjuster until the seat is bolt upright, and then re-adjust my recline angle. It seems to realign everything OK.

I think the cause is related to quality and engineering, or lack thereof. :grouphug:

Stangkiller 11-23-2005 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by TheDVS1
This is a fairly common malady, AFAIK. This has happened to my seat a couple of times while reaching for my wallet or something behind the seats. I just pull up on the recline adjuster until the seat is bolt upright, and then re-adjust my recline angle. It seems to realign everything OK.

I think the cause is related to quality and engineering, or lack thereof. :grouphug:

Sometimes it won't stay on the proper level.

yellowvette837 11-23-2005 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Stangkiller
I have this problem, and was trying to describe it to somebody today.

Were you trying to explain it to EatRice :rofl:

YCIS 11-23-2005 12:59 AM

Mine does the same...almost sounds like if you pushed in a door panel and it "popped" back out.

Stangkiller 11-23-2005 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by yellowvette837
Were you trying to explain it to EatRice :rofl:

No, the lady at the shop...thinking maybe she had seen it before, and knew of a fix....i was wrong.

:cheers:
Chris