CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   The Grond Chronicles : The Day of Reckoning is come (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/1245565-the-grond-chronicles-the-day-of-reckoning-is-come.html)

EG@EnglandGreen 11-29-2005 02:30 PM

The Grond Chronicles : The Day of Reckoning is come

There has been quite a lot of wild speculation on the Forum on whether I was going to get a supercharger or turbocharger system, and if I was - which one.

So after vacillating over what forced induction system to get for my new LS2, I finally decided on the ECS Paxton system.

So, why did I decide on the ECS Paxton system?

Initially, I wanted the Kenne Bell Twin Screw - but after waiting for a year and still no sign of even a release date, I gave up on that white elephant. Next, I considered the STS twin turbo rear mount kit - but was uncomfortable with the compete lack of hard written data and reported end user installation experiences (parts missing, instructions leaving much to be desired etc.) both here on the Corvette Forum, on LS1Tech and GTO forums. The STS system appears to be an excellent system, but it's not for me.

ECS came to my attention from their past and current customers. All of their many customers rave about them, they rave about their outstanding customer service, their expertise, knowledge, experience, and how easy it is to get along with them. I have met over 40 of their customers face to face, and many more via the Corvette Forum - and they ALL say the same thing; ECS is great.

I finally met Chris & Doug at a Corvette social event earlier this year, at Supercharger John's birthday bash in New Jersey, and liked them both immediately. It's important for me to feel comfortable with anyone I will eventually give a large chunk of my hard earned money to :D

Now that faces had been put to names, we continued the relationship online on the Corvette Forum and on the telephone, where they both patiently continued to answer my myriad and wide ranging performance questions.

After that initial meeting, I hung out with them again at Carlisle, where they treated me like a loyal customer, rather than some guy that hasn't spent a dime with them, yet just hangs around and asks way too many questions :D

As you all know, I went down to ECS for the first time 2 weeks ago for the ECS magicians to install a completely new bulletproof drivetrain from the torque tube back, on Grond.

While I was there, I saw Asmokegears (Alan) blue beast being completed and saw it fire up. I had a chance to first hand - observe ECS's work ethic, their dedication, long hours, customer commitment and attention to detail.

I came away very impressed.

And my car came away as a wild animal now :D

So why the ECS Paxton kit?

Because their many customers tell me what their cars are like - 5000, 10,000, 20,000 miles after ECS have worked their magic.
Because their customers tell me how much they love their ECS superchargers or turbocharger systems.
Because their customers tell me how happy they are with their work.

And now - I am one of those customers.

Stephen :cheers:

rayncris 11-29-2005 02:39 PM

Allow me to be the first to congratulate you. You have impressed a lot of us on this forum with your Love(i.e. money) placed into your ride. I for one, look forward to seeing the beast and seeing where this actually takes you. I mean, really, for you...it is never going to end. You know that right? Well, cheers. Have fun. :cheers:

Ray

Humanoid 2.0 11-29-2005 02:40 PM

Congrats Stephen :cheers:

lickitydoo 11-29-2005 02:42 PM

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...oo/cookie2.jpg

EG@EnglandGreen 11-29-2005 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by rayncris
Allow me to be the first to congratulate you. You have impressed a lot of us on this forum with your Love(i.e. money) placed into your ride. I for one, look forward to seeing the beast and seeing where this actually takes you. I mean, really, for you...it is never going to end. You know that right? Well, cheers. Have fun. :cheers:

Ray

:yesnod:

The Road goes ever on.....

MilleniumVette 11-29-2005 02:46 PM

The beast sure is growning. :cool:

RTSVET 11-29-2005 02:47 PM

What kind of rwhp will you have with this system (ballpark) :thumbs:

LV_2_XLR8 11-29-2005 02:48 PM

Congrats, EG. You never cease to amaze me at how you continue to evolve Grond into your ultimate fantasy. My hat's off to ya, my friend. Enjoy what you've created! :cheers:

Stangkiller 11-29-2005 02:48 PM

:cheers: Stephen this thing is going to be NUTS! Can't wait to see this thing! When do you expect to finish it?
:cheers:
Chris

GB Vette 11-29-2005 02:48 PM

Congrats on a wise choice my friend :cheers:

b98 11-29-2005 02:49 PM

:) :cheers:

EG@EnglandGreen 11-29-2005 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by RTSVET
What kind of rwhp will you have with this system (ballpark) :thumbs:

I bought the Paxton kit and I will be doing the installation when I do my LS2 install and tune (with the help of my friends, I hope :D )

Power output - I'm keeping that information very close to my vest right now. It will surprise all when I finally announce it. :D

lickitydoo 11-29-2005 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by EnglandGreen
There has been quite a lot of wild speculation on the Forum on wether I was going to get a supercharger or turbocharger system, and if I was - which one.

Wow I am sure all of those people will be able to sleep a whole lot easier knowing what you have decided. :leaving:

Litre 11-29-2005 02:51 PM

:cool: :cheers: :thumbs:

EG@EnglandGreen 11-29-2005 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by lickitydoo
Wow I am sure all of those people will be able to sleep a whole lot easier knowing what you have decided. :leaving:

What is your problem? If you have noting useful to say, how about shutting up?

lickitydoo 11-29-2005 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by EnglandGreen
What is your problem? If you have noting useful to say, how about shutting up?

:lol: had to do it, just messin with ya. :chill:

EG@EnglandGreen 11-29-2005 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by lickitydoo
:lol: had to do it, just messin with ya. :chill:

:rolleyes:

sxeC7 11-29-2005 03:00 PM

And the Saga continues as we enter Chapter 42 of the Grond Chronicles "The Plot is Thickening". :D

c5BlackBeauty 11-29-2005 03:05 PM

Grond is pleased......congrats :thumbs:

NSTG8R 11-29-2005 03:06 PM

very very cool eg .. so then the cam cant be that huge if you're going FI .. can it?