CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   [Z06] im selling my car (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/1253007-im-selling-my-car.html)

Baron von Vette 12-09-2005 03:11 AM

im selling my car

i just dont believe the technology is more"exciting" than driving an old muscle car.ive had it for 6 months.i guess im not a true beliver in the z06 -id rather drive my vw bus----im selling my 2004 zo06 fugitt...... :rolleyes:

Crushinator 12-09-2005 03:51 AM

Baron, what happened? You went from this...private street closed course... we lined up 5 different times dead stop launch-rolling at 25 and 45- ate him every time-off the line was the most impressive run- since it was my first to launch w/my car, and i felt like i was up against a formitable opponent -the car just torqued and ate up the road got him by 1/2 car length going into 3rd-also when we rolled at 25-30 and hit it -he held through 2nd until about 5800rpm then he died-z06 all the way baby-i must admit the gto has balls..and i am so happy my first run was against another gm owner -who had a great attitude and had an appriciation for the z06 -and he knew i had him beat before we started but wanted to try and was genuinly happy to test our skills-great driver.good fun...love my friggin car.thats what im talkin bout....to selling it? But hey, to each his own. Sorry it didn't work out for you. Old muscle cars are definitely cool. Good luck with selling it. How many miles and how much are you asking?

Vettez16 12-09-2005 10:40 AM

Did someone forget their meds! Come on take a Deep breath.

Blue Smooth 12-09-2005 10:46 AM

:rofl: :rofl:

RoadRace00 12-09-2005 11:07 AM

Can we get a price and pix? Thanks!

Expat_Guy 12-09-2005 11:36 AM

I am going the other way in selling my 67 Camaro RS to purchase a ZO6... :D

meadowz06 12-09-2005 02:10 PM

Old muscle cars are great, but they don't hold a candle to today's performance cars!

C6~Missle 12-09-2005 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by meadowz06
Old muscle cars are great, but they don't hold a candle to today's performance cars!

:iagree: These are the good ole days!

Baron von Vette 12-09-2005 03:08 PM

im gonna ask book.2000 miles i guess im just not right person for the car .i do love it because its what ive always wanted -a corvette.but now that i have it i just cant get over the idea that every mile i put on it decreases its value..it kills me even if i leave it parked somewhere.i wish i could just drive it like a daily driver but it just freaks me out.

LTC Z06 12-09-2005 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Baron von Vette
im gonna ask book.2000 miles i guess im just not right person for the car .i do love it because its what ive always wanted -a corvette.but now that i have it i just cant get over the idea that every mile i put on it decreases its value..it kills me even if i leave it parked somewhere.i wish i could just drive it like a daily driver but it just freaks me out.

There is not a new car made the increases or even stays the same in value as you drive, what did you expect?

Charles7Mitchell 12-09-2005 04:58 PM

:iagree:

Originally Posted by MAJ Z06
There is not a new car made the increases or even stays the same in value as you drive, what did you expect?

:iagree: Something doesn't add up.

Marine 12-09-2005 06:33 PM

I ditched my '66 Chevelle Hot Rodded the hell out for my Z06. Old muslce is allot of work, gas milage is not so good, and not having power steering is all fun and games but my Z06 rules.
And I do drive my Z06 as a daily driver. 'Bout the only thing you can put in the garage that wont loss value is gold. But it probably won't stay there long either.

DWS'03Z 12-09-2005 07:01 PM

:eek: I did a quick double check, it's not April 1.....

Z06 Quin 12-09-2005 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by VetteZ16
Did someone forget their meds! Come on take a Deep breath.

i just cant get over the idea that every mile i put on it decreases its value..it kills me even if i leave it parked somewhere.i wish i could just drive it like a daily driver but it just freaks me out.

Sounds like you might need some meds, if it really bothers you that much

fxdl 12-09-2005 09:25 PM

sounds like you'd be better off in a geo metro

DJ:BOTA 12-09-2005 10:12 PM

Old musclecars are sleds. You have to work the hell out of them to get them to compete by todays standards.

63Corvette 12-09-2005 10:22 PM

Um........You're absolutely correct, of course.

BUT......call Steve Earle and ask him for an entry form for this year's Monterey Historic Races for your twin turbo 2000 vert.

ErikSOCAL 12-09-2005 10:30 PM

I just went through this myself. Loved my 03 Z06, fast as all hell on the strip or through the curves but I'm still in that phase that I want to try a few things here or there on the old cars and see what happens - even though the end result still won't be near the stock Z, plus the dropping value was bothering me. Got an offer above market so I took it.

Expat_Guy 12-09-2005 10:55 PM

My 67 RS never fails to turn heads,, however having 4:11 and a powerglide makes the road trips a chore to say the least!!! Give me a wave as you pass me at the gas station!!! :rofl:

Hardcorvette 12-09-2005 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by C5~Missle
:iagree: These are the good ole days!

I totally agree! I had my share of 60's muscle cars over the years but, they don't compare to the Z.